Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2011, 14:55   #31
BHPian

Re: Be"Dazzle'd: Ritz VXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Is it a rhythmic 'tick-tick-tick-tick..' ? If so, cant be from the Seat belt assembly. Must be from the wheels. Though I am not an expert. Better get it checked at your first free inspection.

I saw your car yesterday night at exactly 9.45 pm, was parked on Paud Road in front of a Mastani house. Atleast, I think it was your car, because aint too many Dazzles with Tbhp stickers on them. Do you live in the area ?
I was walking back from the bus stop towards my home.
Wow! The world is very small! Yeah. I was at Vanaz Corner at that time. I stay near MIT. We can definitely meet if you too stay in Kothrud.
Old 6th August 2011, 15:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
Wow! The world is very small! Yeah. I was at Vanaz Corner at that time. I stay near MIT. We can definitely meet if you too stay in Kothrud.
Yep, small world. Me too stay in the vicinity.
Old 8th August 2011, 10:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
On open roads, (sometimes)the 'tick-tick' sound comes from rear left and right. I think it's of new tyres. Or could it be because of loose seat-belt assembly? But it appears to be coming from outside.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Have you checked to see that no stone is lodged into the tyre grooves. When I get this rhythemic sound, its usually a stone lodged into the tyre tread.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 10:26   #34
BHPian

Well. Did I inform you that Ritz has got it's first beauty spot? Brushed it against the compound wall. I immediately bought Scratch Out (Formula 1). But after cleaning the scratch, I thought that it's minor and have left it as it is. Will fix it during first free inspection.
Attached Images

Last edited by Panko : 9th August 2011 at 10:27. Reason: Edited
Old 9th August 2011, 10:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Have you checked to see that no stone is lodged into the tyre grooves. When I get this rhythemic sound, its usually a stone lodged into the tyre tread.
Thanks a lot! I checked the tyres. There, indeed, were few stones stuck in tyre grooves. I have removed those. Let's hope it works. Thanks once again.
Old 10th August 2011, 11:43   #36
BHPian

It has completed around 1000 KM and it is time for first free inspection. I have already taken an appointment.
Old 11th August 2011, 14:54   #37
BHPian

Dropped the vehicle at Service Station for first free inspection. There are no issues apart from occasional strange sound made by AC, when it's turned on.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:58   #38
BHPian

Got it serviced (i. e. First Free Inspection). Here are few of the observations:

- Total running: 1025 KM
- Gear Shift: Much smoother.
- Engine: Has opened up and is even more fun to drive now. Did not expect it so early.
- Minor issues: Fixed & Resolved (if there were any)
- Routine check-ups: Done with precision.
- Cleaning: Ok
Old 12th August 2011, 14:21   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats for your SUV.
I've been using Ritz Vxi since last April and its a fantastic and practical car.There were numerous trips of short distances(80kms one way) and i've just come back after a trip to Gurgaon.
Few facts about my car-
Best FE i got- city-14.4kmpl, highway-20.84kmpl (with AC on full time).

My drive from my home town to Gurgaon(1105kms) was a pleasant one with no underbody scrapings on pathetic roads and i got FE of 17.8kmpl and 18kmpl on 2 separate days.(details-http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...nh28-24-a.html
Issues i faced before the trip-Steering rattle and heavyness which after 3 trips to MASS was found to be the broken damper of steering column.No issues other than that.
I used to have difficulty in reversing the car,got parking sensors installed and no problems since then.
Enjoy your drive.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 14:32   #40
BHPian

I was facing the issue with AC. It used to make occasional strange sound when it was turned on. It was resolved after expert advice by the Team-BHP brethren.

I am sharing it here for ready reference of those facing the similar problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Normally if, all things like belts and pulleys are in perfect condition, there should be no strange sound.
My Ritz done more than 35k kms, does not make any sound w.r.t. AC at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Its the AC belt / serpentine belt which is loose. Tighten it. Also - if the car is old the pulleys become slick and the belt slips. This can also happen if there is moisture on the pulley / belt.
Old 12th August 2011, 17:12   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Congrats for your SUV.
I've been using Ritz Vxi since last April and its a fantastic and practical car.There were numerous trips of short distances(80kms one way) and i've just come back after a trip to Gurgaon.
Few facts about my car-
Best FE i got- city-14.4kmpl, highway-20.84kmpl (with AC on full time).

My drive from my home town to Gurgaon(1105kms) was a pleasant one with no underbody scrapings on pathetic roads and i got FE of 17.8kmpl and 18kmpl on 2 separate days.(details-http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...nh28-24-a.html
Issues i faced before the trip-Steering rattle and heavyness which after 3 trips to MASS was found to be the broken damper of steering column.No issues other than that.
I used to have difficulty in reversing the car,got parking sensors installed and no problems since then.
Enjoy your drive.
Hey, thanks a lot for the wishes!
Your travelogue was a great read. The FE you got (in-spite of bad road conditions) is excellent.
Old 12th August 2011, 22:45   #42
BHPian

Congratulations for the Ritz, Panko. Get rid of that Sai Service sticker from the back door. Looks like an eye sore.
The graphics look good on the Ritz. Maybe that silky silver complements it. The engine is a real gem. Perfect medley of power, refinement and efficiency.
Old 13th August 2011, 10:29   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congratulations for the Ritz, Panko. Get rid of that Sai Service sticker from the back door. Looks like an eye sore.
The graphics look good on the Ritz. Maybe that silky silver complements it. The engine is a real gem. Perfect medley of power, refinement and efficiency.
Thanks a lot Utopian! Graphics do look good on Silver.
You are right about removing the Sai Service sticker at the back. Will do it immediately once I find a good Chelsea sticker!
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:44   #44
BHPian

FE Update: (Tank Full Method)
Starting KM: 1057
Refueling KM: 1258
Fuel: 14.53 Ltr.
FE: 13.83

Additional Details:
City driving: 75%
Highway driving: 25%
AC On: 60% of times
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:23   #45
BHPian

Hi Panko,

Congratulations on the wonderful car. If I were to go for a petrol car, it surely would have been the Ritz.

People don't like the look of it but let me tell you, it is one of the most practical cars on road today. The gem of an engine, the quality interiors, the Maruti promise and above all peace of mind with spares and service availability across the country.

You certianly have made the right choice. Bravo! Can you share some more interior pics of your beauty?
SankalpDesai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks