Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 16:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sweetest Chocolate of my life - Ritz VDi Bakers Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Try Mineral oil like Shell Helix Hx6 or Mobil Delvac MX Oil, you'll find the difference in the clutter noise. if you use synthetic oil thats even better.

Since you have completed 18k on the ODO, can you confirm if your ritz makes khat khat sound when you cross the speed breakers more than 10Km/Hr speed.

We have been told its because of the Limited travel of the Coil springs fitted on the Ritz.
Mine is almost touching 20 k mark ,as far as i remember, i never heard that sound you are taking about over here.
Could you please make sure that the stuff @ the boot , like the warning reflector and the tool kit is properly fastened, otherwise they could also make the same sound when you cross humps .

Hope it helps.
Old 19th September 2011, 16:45   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Mine is almost touching 20 k mark ,as far as i remember, i never heard that sound you are taking about over here.
Could you please make sure that the stuff @ the boot , like the warning reflector and the tool kit is properly fastened, otherwise they could also make the same sound when you cross humps .

Hope it helps.
Thanks, i will do this today. i'm going to take the tool kit and reflector out and place them on the rear seat on a test basis.

You could be right.
Old 19th September 2011, 16:54   #48
Senior - BHPian

I am also not facing the khat khat sound that is there. I have been told that it is a common problem with ritz that are running on tyres with a thinner sidewall. cannot confirm if that is the issue. The stock JK that i am running has a thicker sidewall. But i fali to understand how this can cause the issue. This was as told to by a friend who was working as a sales manger in popular.

@Schoudry, have you upsized or running on a thinner sidewall?

OT: with so many Ritz owners i think it is time one of us starts a Ritz owners thread.

Last edited by govigov : 19th September 2011 at 16:58.
Old 19th September 2011, 20:47   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Congrats and welcome to the Ritz Vdi club. After using mine for around 3 months and 4k kms later, I am very pleased with my decision to buy a Ritz instead of the Figo or the Punto.
Can you please confirm if your Ritz makes a Khat sound when descending speed breakers at any speeds faster than crawling speeds. I am told its due to a limited play of the shocks but I am not really convinced.
Quote:

Hope it helps.
Hi Schoudhury,

I tried your trick, it didnt work.

I removed all the stuff from the boot, checked for the spare wheel vibrations, drove the car alone for 20km this evening, still the slight noise is present. To add on i could hear it much because of extermely heavy rains this evening.

hey SPARKled,

Have you got a solution to the problem, looks like only new RitZ's have this issue.

Cheers
Old 19th September 2011, 22:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Schoudhury,

hey SPARKled,

Have you got a solution to the problem, looks like only new RitZ's have this issue.

Cheers
I have done almost 5k kms in my Ritz now and the sound has definitely reduced but its still there. Do let me know what Maruti say about this issue after you email them.
Old 19th September 2011, 23:45   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I am also not facing the khat khat sound that is there. I have been told that it is a common problem with ritz that are running on tyres with a thinner sidewall. cannot confirm if that is the issue. The stock JK that i am running has a thicker sidewall. But i fali to understand how this can cause the issue. This was as told to by a friend who was working as a sales manger in popular.

OT: with so many Ritz owners i think it is time one of us starts a Ritz owners thread.
Sure i think we must do it

From the last 3 months the RitZ is clocking very good numbers, and the waiting period for the car has shoot up to 3 months due to the shortage of diesel engines.

I'm sure many people will require information and facts about the RiTz.

I think MSIL should have named the car like this "R i T z"
Old 20th September 2011, 10:21   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

Nahi Sir, still running on stock rubber , will change them @ 25k.Also planning to upsize to 15'' with 185*65 section tyres, i think 195 will scrap.

Quote:
Hi Schoudhury,

I tried your trick, it didnt work.

I removed all the stuff from the boot, checked for the spare wheel vibrations, drove the car alone for 20km this evening, still the slight noise is present. To add on i could hear it much because of extermely heavy rains this evening.

Cheers
Oooops, then i guess you can take the car to MASS and get it checked. They have a place which is used to check the suspension of the cars, so they should be able to get it fixed.

Cheers.
Old 20th September 2011, 10:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Nahi Sir, still running on stock rubber , will change them @ 25k.Also planning to upsize to 15'' with 185*65 section tyres, i think 195 will scrap.

Oooops, then i guess you can take the car to MASS and get it checked. They have a place which is used to check the suspension of the cars, so they should be able to get it fixed.

Cheers.
Removed the spare wheel out, left it at home. Tool kit and reflector kept on the rear seat.

And guess what? the noise is gone
Old 20th September 2011, 11:08   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Removed the spare wheel out, left it at home. Tool kit and reflector kept on the rear seat.

And guess what? the noise is gone
Great, so my guess was correct.
So now you can drive peacefully .

Cheers.
Old 20th September 2011, 12:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

excellent! so the noise issue is sorted now?

good job!
Old 6th October 2011, 09:27   #56
BHPian

2000 KM Update

The baby elephant is doing well, it has clocked 2k km today in about 7 weeks.
I really didnt expect that i'll clock so many Km's.Owning a diesel car doesnt pinch the pocket much, when ever i need the car i just jump into it without thinking and clock miles, which is good. After all a car is brought for being used and not to be kept at home most of the time.

FE
2 Tankfull with BP Diesel I've posted the FE before on the thread.
My 3rd Tankfull was with IOC Diesel. Guess what i got about 19M/litre within the city.
The engine is about 10% more noisy when compared to BP fuel being used in the same engine i guess. The turbo kick in the BP fuel was better. I think i'll have to do some research to find out the difference between IOC and BP diesel.

Handling
No 2nd thoughts or regerts what so ever. With 185/70 R14 tyres the car's handling is very good. I just do not think before chucking the car on the corners or taking sharp turns within the city. The car doesnt let you down, mind reminds and says its a tall boy be carefull but its not required, it doesnt behave much like a tall boy.

Mods on the way
I've placed an order for the art leather seat covers to be stiched on the seats of my car. Pics to follow shortly within a week.
I've also purchased Philips 100/90 Bulbs White colour for the headlamps, waiting to get hold of a good wiring kit to upgrade the headlamps.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2011, 12:50   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2000 KM Update

FE
2 Tankfull with BP Diesel I've posted the FE before on the thread.
My 3rd Tankfull was with IOC Diesel. Guess what i got about 19M/litre within the city.
Mods on the way
I've placed an order for the art leather seat covers to be stiched on the seats of my car. Pics to follow shortly within a week.
I've also purchased Philips 100/90 Bulbs White colour for the headlamps, waiting to get hold of a good wiring kit to upgrade the headlamps.
Thats awesome mileage you are getting bro.How do you manage to get it.
Any special driving tips. Bdw which route do you take for your daily ride.

Regarding the lights , are they 4000k or any other rating.
For relay you can try hella relay.

Cheers
Old 6th October 2011, 17:06   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Thats awesome mileage you are getting bro.How do you manage to get it.
Any special driving tips. Bdw which route do you take for your daily ride.

Regarding the lights , are they 4000k or any other rating.
For relay you can try hella relay.

Cheers
The bulb is called Philips H4 White Light essential vision. 100/90W
brought it for 600 Rupess a pair.

Hella relay is not easily available. I found one relay and wiring kit called GAP, its about 625.Not yet brought it.

I use the ring road everyday from Nagarbhavi till Manyata tech park all the way on the ring road, about 20km one way, about 4km in between is congested traffic, rest is 50 plus speed track.

I upshift gears at exactly 2000RPM, i have not felt any turbo lag as such in the car till date unless it is climbing a steep upward road in 2nd gear.

Last edited by Crazy4.Cars : 6th October 2011 at 17:07.
Old 7th October 2011, 07:31   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bulb is called Philips H4 White Light essential vision. 100/90W
brought it for 600 Rupess a pair.

Hella relay is not easily available. I found one relay and wiring kit called GAP, its about 625.Not yet brought it.

I use the ring road everyday from Nagarbhavi till Manyata tech park all the way on the ring road, about 20km one way, about 4km in between is congested traffic, rest is 50 plus speed track.

I upshift gears at exactly 2000RPM, i have not felt any turbo lag as such in the car till date unless it is climbing a steep upward road in 2nd gear.
Please post reviews of the Philips H4 White Light essential vision. me too planning to upgrade, however doubtful about white light in monsoon conditions
Old 27th November 2011, 21:18   #60
BHPian

3600Km Update

No Problems whats so ever, going at a average of 900-1000 km every month, unfortunately havent got the time yet to go out of the city for a highway trip, just inside the city the car is clocking 900-1000km a month.

That khat sound is still there when you cross a speed breaker above the speed of 10km/hr.

FE
My Guess was right, BPCL Normal Diesel is more suited for the FIAT MJD, the engine revs are not heard much, engine is quiter and ofcourse FE is very good, with IOC i got 19km then 2nd fill with IOC i got 17km, again 3rd fill with IOC i got 16km/litre.
I went back to BPCL and i started getting 18.5km/litre.

Note -I have filled from good petrol stations for both IOC and BPCL. i will never fill from IOC again, the engine becomes too harsh in city traffic and too nosiy, i guess something is different about IOC normal diesel.

MODS
BLACK ART LEATHER seat covers job is done, custom made seat covers with 1inch padded foam stitching. Will post pictures soon

Drive safe !

Last edited by Crazy4.Cars : 27th November 2011 at 21:20.
Crazy4.Cars is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed