Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 14:55   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Black Lightning: My Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI DSG-UPDATE: DSG box replaced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Well, why dont I take that offer up and invite you to do the honors . I'm serious! You know how bad I am with the camera.
The moment I posted on your thread, I knew you were gonna say that

Ok - but you'll have to wait till Nov first weekend till I come back. I guess you might find better options till then. If not, the deal is on for sure!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 11:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Could someone tell me as to how do I work around the TPM warning signal?
This may sound stupid, but I do not know what's to be done.

I checked the tyre pressure and its all good. But that stupid indicator on the screen wont go off. As you turn on the ignition, it fires a message saying "Check Tyre Pressure".

What needs to be done here?
Old 25th October 2011, 11:51   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Could someone tell me as to how do I work around the TPM warning signal?
This may sound stupid, but I do not know what's to be done.

I checked the tyre pressure and its all good. But that stupid indicator on the screen wont go off. As you turn on the ignition, it fires a message saying "Check Tyre Pressure".

What needs to be done here?
Press and hold the TPMS button near the gear lever and that should reset the system. You are supposed to do that everytime you check the air.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 10:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

So, on this Friday that went by, I finally got a chance to take the Superb on the highway. For a function we had to go to Satara. I was dying to let this go on the NH4 and enjoy the beast to its fullest potential. What an amazing drive it turned out to be.

Right from the start in the morning, the car was slotted in sports mode. It only took a little more than an hour to cover the 100 odd kms distance. Spirited driving at its best, this one was. Even my long standing dream of redlining the car was fulfilled on this run.
The car handles speeds above 150 pretty easily. No nervous moments. There were a couple of times I needed to brake hard. The car stopped right where I expected it to.

While coming back though, it was a different situation alltogether. Due to heavy traffic all I could do was 80 - 100 all the way. But then, the drive was peacefull even then.

The journey to Satara returned an FE of 11.9 kmpl. Thats in S mode!
While coming back, it was in D all the way. The FE showed 12.6 kmpl. So, not much of a difference in S and D?

P.S: As usual, no pics. Reasons being: 1. I was driving throughout. 2. I forgot to carry the camera!
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 11:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, on this Friday that went by, I finally got a chance to take the Superb on the highway. For a function we had to go to Satara. I was dying to let this go on the NH4 and enjoy the beast to its fullest potential. What an amazing drive it turned out to be.

The journey to Satara returned an FE of 11.9 kmpl. Thats in S mode!
While coming back, it was in D all the way. The FE showed 12.6 kmpl. So, not much of a difference in S and D?

P.S: As usual, no pics. Reasons being: 1. I was driving throughout. 2. I forgot to carry the camera!
Cool! I can feel the excitement. "Bha Po..." 11.9/12.6 kmpl is a very good FE IMO for a car of this size and power output. Damn you Skoda, how can you make VFM cars(with respect to the segment competitors) with all the luxury in the world and still be fuel efficient! My 1.2 litre hatch also produces similar FE. Grrrrrrrrrrr....

@Swanand: Please upload photos soon, otherwise I will report this thread to the mods for not uploading pics.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 18:13   #36
BHPian

Congratulations Swanand on getting the car. It looks awesome and in person it looks better than in pictures. When can we get a test drive?
subodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 18:46   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant FE numbers Swanand. And yeah not too much of a difference in the S & D Modes. I suspect that must be down to the running being mainly on the NH4 with opportunities of reaching the top gears and continuing on them for long stretches often?

BTW, I think I saw your other Skoda - the oil burning one - near Club Solaris this morning. You come there for some work out eh?
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 11:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Cool! I can feel the excitement. "Bha Po..." 11.9/12.6 kmpl is a very good FE IMO for a car of this size and power output. Damn you Skoda, how can you make VFM cars(with respect to the segment competitors) with all the luxury in the world and still be fuel efficient! My 1.2 litre hatch also produces similar FE. Grrrrrrrrrrr....

@Swanand: Please upload photos soon, otherwise I will report this thread to the mods for not uploading pics.
Ajay, I completely relate to where you come from! The FE is pretty good for a car that size!

Yes, snaps are due (for a long time now!) and shall work on it pretty soon.
Ninja has promised some high quality snaps once he is back from his road trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
Congratulations Swanand on getting the car. It looks awesome and in person it looks better than in pictures. When can we get a test drive?
Huh??? What? Who? When? You were the first person to redline the car, when we got it! Remember? South Main rd Koregaon park! We had just left from HRC. Ring any bells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Brilliant FE numbers Swanand. And yeah not too much of a difference in the S & D Modes. I suspect that must be down to the running being mainly on the NH4 with opportunities of reaching the top gears and continuing on them for long stretches often?
Yeah. Thats the reason of the FE. City driving returns a mere 6.XX if driven sedately. But, not that I'm complaining!

Quote:
BTW, I think I saw your other Skoda - the oil burning one - near Club Solaris this morning. You come there for some work out eh?
Umm, dude, I live there! Remember? Mayur Colony, near Solaris Club. The car had been parked on the road by the driver.
Old 1st November 2011, 11:27   #39
BHPian

Sirji, I'm late for the party!.
Finally!! My Official team-bhp congrats to you.

I wont go ga-ga about the car (everyone knows about it). All I want is a ride !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Q2. Black Lightening! Seriously @mikon is gonna be after you for copyright issues (first Black Mamba, now Black Lightening, what next - Black Thunder? )
Black Lightening - with super-hero powers. Nice name !!

Quote:
2. I forgot to carry the camera!
Only 3 pics and you completed the 2 pages of ownership report!
I'll get my camera. I'll click. Period. You can call it papparazzi
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 12:59   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Huh??? What? Who? When? You were the first person to redline the car, when we got it! Remember? South Main rd Koregaon park! We had just left from HRC. Ring any bells?
Yeah i do remember. It was South Main road and then the Kalyani Nagar- KP bridge with virgin road where we tried to calculate time taken for 1-100. Unfortunately we forgot one crucial part; we forgot to time the dash to 100
Old 2nd November 2011, 11:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Sirji, I'm late for the party!.
Finally!! My Official team-bhp congrats to you.
Thank you sirji. Try and make it to Grand on friday. I shall most probably be taking the Superb there.

Quote:
Only 3 pics and you completed the 2 pages of ownership report!
I'll get my camera. I'll click. Period. You can call it papparazzi
Yes yes! Why not! When two amazing photographers (you and ninja) come together, I can only imagine, what an amazing outcome that would be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
Yeah i do remember. It was South Main road and then the Kalyani Nagar- KP bridge with virgin road where we tried to calculate time taken for 1-100. Unfortunately we forgot one crucial part; we forgot to time the dash to 100
Yeah the Kalyaninagar bridge run was amazing! The pickup itself was so enticing, that we forgot to time the dash to 100, Lol! Lets do that again sometime soon.
Old 2nd November 2011, 16:19   #42
BHPian

Awesome deal man!! Let me know if you come across any such deal my dad is on a look out for the Superb. Can you pick me up in the Superb for the next meet at Grand?

OT: Was it you in the Superb in Anand Nagar last week Friday, near Madhur's house? By the way the 5 series is a blast!!
Racer_X is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Awesome deal man!! Let me know if you come across any such deal my dad is on a look out for the Superb. Can you pick me up in the Superb for the next meet at Grand?

OT: Was it you in the Superb in Anand Nagar last week Friday, near Madhur's house? By the way the 5 series is a blast!!

Thanks Sid! I shall surely let you know, if I do come across such a deal.

For the Grand meet, lemme see if I shall be driving from office, or taking a detour via Kothrud. If the latter happens, then I shall get the Superb and give you a buzz accordingly.

Yes, I was in Anandnagar that Friday with the Superb. We were at Madhur's place checking out the 5! It sure is something! Planning for a quick dash this weekend. Lets see.
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Swanand. What really jolted me is the price at which you got it! Half the price for 1 year old and 14k kms run in car! WOW

Hope you have miles of adrenaline rush in the sports mode

Btw, where in Pune are you?
Old 3rd November 2011, 17:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Congrats Swanand. What really jolted me is the price at which you got it! Half the price for 1 year old and 14k kms run in car! WOW

Hope you have miles of adrenaline rush in the sports mode

Btw, where in Pune are you?

Thanks Ravan! Yeah the price was one of the main factors for us choosing a petrol engine!
Oh sports mode is awesome! It feels like an entirely different car, when driving in S.

I spend close to 14 hours of the day, in a godforsaken land called Hinjewadi! The remaining time is spent in Kothrud, where I live.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks