Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2011, 18:08   #46
BHPian

Re: Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!

Congratulations crazybiker46 ! That's a great color for your car!

I'm planning to go for this car as well, and I just wanted to know a couple of things before I go ahead and book it. I am confused between the Ritz VDi and the Beat D (LT). The price difference isn't much but the Beat feels like it's better presented in terms of the interior looks and quality. I already have a Swift VDi and Maruti's A.S.S is years ahead of the rest. I am only worried about the service costs of the Beat D, as I know very little about the Chevrolet's A.S.S. In fact, I do not know anyone with a Chevy Diesel car.
Could you please elaborate on the service costs when your car goes for the next service?
Old 19th September 2011, 13:30   #47
BHPian

Wish i could update more on the car after spending some time on road

But 2 bandhs with in 3 days and car being new ,i'm afraid to take car out after seeing incidents of burning and stoning vehicles : (

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
Belated wishes on your Beat D. Looks good in that grey color. With the recent petrol hike burning a not-so-small hole in our wallets, I have to say you made a smart choice there.

Congrats again and drive safe.
Thanks murillo , very true this was the first time when i heard petrol price hike i didn't felt bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
Thanks a lot sir, and my humble apologies, hijacking your thread was not my intention .
I was wanted your inputs primarily (and was also hoping maybe you might have also considered vista and hence would be the right person to ask for suggestions).

Thanks a lot again and CONGRATULATIONS.
@ tckanth - No probs ,i didn't meant offense ,had run out of smiley otherwise i would have put a Big Grin smiley

It would be better if you start a thread which will have a longer reach on forum members

Hope my inputs helped , i'm not much of a fan of Tata products ,so vista was already out during decision making and also width of the car do not suit my criteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselat View Post
Congratulations crazybiker46 ! That's a great color for your car!

I'm planning to go for this car as well, and I just wanted to know a couple of things before I go ahead and book it. I am confused between the Ritz VDi and the Beat D (LT). The price difference isn't much but the Beat feels like it's better presented in terms of the interior looks and quality. I already have a Swift VDi and Maruti's A.S.S is years ahead of the rest. I am only worried about the service costs of the Beat D, as I know very little about the Chevrolet's A.S.S. In fact, I do not know anyone with a Chevy Diesel car.
Could you please elaborate on the service costs when your car goes for the next service?
AFAIK there is no need to worry about service costs if you opt for Chevy promise - 3 year maintenance package (18k for 3 years/45k kms)

I haven't opted it as budget was already stretched

BeatD is a good choice if you are using only in city , for highway ritz is the best bet of the two
Old 19th September 2011, 21:52   #48
BHPian

Congrats crazybiker46
Could you post some pictures of your front speakers and which speakers do you use, seems you don't use the OE speaker covers.
Old 19th September 2011, 23:49   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ambat View Post
Congrats crazybiker46
Could you post some pictures of your front speakers and which speakers do you use, seems you don't use the OE speaker covers.
Thanks b_ambat

OK!! i admit it,i'm too lazy to start an ICE thread , will update on ICE in this thread itself

Decided on a budget of 15k for ICE ,started in search of components

HU - Alpine CDE-100EUB for its quality,looks and exclusivity

Speakers - options were Auditor,Hertz,Infinity,Polk and Rockford Fosgate(Prime series)

Finalized front fills - RF R142
Finalized rear fills - RF R1693

ICE done at Jerry's Performance

WIP pics of front fills and replacing OE speaker covers

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_48761.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_48552.jpg

Front speakers on stock location

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_48673.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_48714.jpg

OE speaker covers were drilled into kind of spacer and aftermarket grill was screwed to enhance the looks

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_48725.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_48786.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_48797.jpg

Installer Shajas from Jerry's , great and clean work

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_48808.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_48818.jpg

Chevy Beat Diesel is here!!!!-img_49439.jpg

Remaining pics of WIP soon

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 19th September 2011 at 23:51.
crazybiker46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 08:22   #50
BHPian

That is neat installation of front speakers crazybiker46, I really liked the covers and it suits the dashboard.

How is the performance of the speakers, do you experience rattles from front side.
Old 20th September 2011, 08:58   #51
Senior - BHPian

Congrats CrazyBiker! Love this shade on the Beat, it looks sober and mature. Don't you have any plans to upgrade the wheels? Good set of wheels with wide tyres would give the rear end some heft.

I've been seeing quite a few Beat Ds on the roads lately. Good for Chevy they've done it finally with the Beat. I wish this car had regular door mount speakers which would take larger speakers.
Old 20th September 2011, 22:42   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ambat View Post
That is neat installation of front speakers crazybiker46, I really liked the covers and it suits the dashboard.

How is the performance of the speakers, do you experience rattles from front side.
Speakers are the best in this range i have heard so far, haven't experienced rattles from front side but vibration are there at high volumes when only rear is driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Congrats CrazyBiker! Love this shade on the Beat, it looks sober and mature. Don't you have any plans to upgrade the wheels? Good set of wheels with wide tyres would give the rear end some heft.

I've been seeing quite a few Beat Ds on the roads lately. Good for Chevy they've done it finally with the Beat. I wish this car had regular door mount speakers which would take larger speakers.
Definitely have plans for alloys,budget constraints :(

Very true , i would have opted for better ICE with components if provision for door mount speakers were present so that upgrades would be easier
Old 20th September 2011, 23:10   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Crazybiker.
The front speakers installation is damn neat.
NVH of this car is very low for a 3 cylinder CRDi.

If you have plans for both alloys and tires then get the tires replaced asap else you will get peanuts for your stock tires. Alloys can be changed later.
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:35   #54
BHPian

congratulations crazybiker46.
Good choice of colour and nice ice setup with fine front speaker instalation.
Why did you opt for the Diesel Beat and not the petrol one and how much would be your approximate monthly running.
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:06   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Congrats. Crazybiker.
The front speakers installation is damn neat.
NVH of this car is very low for a 3 cylinder CRDi.

If you have plans for both alloys and tires then get the tires replaced asap else you will get peanuts for your stock tires. Alloys can be changed later.
Thanks kpzen

Tyres plus alloys means budget constraints and i'm looking for better alloys rather than cheap ones , so hopefully alloys will be in next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
congratulations crazybiker46.
Good choice of colour and nice ice setup with fine front speaker instalation.
Why did you opt for the Diesel Beat and not the petrol one and how much would be your approximate monthly running.
Thanks topolino , I opted for a diesel car as i mentioned in first post 3 people in family will be using the car and being first car i cannot comment on monthly running ,expecting 1000-1500km per month , i felt its better to have a diesel and drive rather than having a petrol car stationed at garage

My old car M800 did 6000km in one year ,was afraid to take outside city limits in fear of breakdowns (had few) and no AC

Currently i'm the only person using the car, will dare to give keys to dad and bro properly after couple of months

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 23rd September 2011 at 21:09.
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:24   #56
BHPian

Congrats Crazybiker, that is a lovely set of wheels you have. I was looking at the diesel beat and loved this new shade. Very classy and go well with a medium coloured sunfilm. Nice ICE setup you have there too.
Cheers and Drive Safe
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 23:46   #57
Senior - BHPian

Anif, Congrats on your new car. Nice choice of color!! Enjoy the diesel drive - being smooth is the key to driving a diesel. Surf the torque wave!!

For once - the tyres actually look proportionate to the cars as opposed to those weedy offerings that we used to get from Maruti for the Swift diesel.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 13:08   #58
BHPian

Apologies for congratulating you very late crazybiker46! I was off tbhp for most of the month and only logged in today

Also, sorry for hijacking your thread, but just wanted to quickly post about my experiences so far.

I too own a white Beat-D, 2 months old now, have covered ~2600km so far. Absolutely happy with the car, and enjoying my driving.

Just to add in my few extras -

Firstly, the mileage / FE - Calculating by the full tank to full tank range, my lowest figure was 16.6kmpl and the standard avg is ~19kmpl.

This is my first diesel car and am still getting used to all the extra torque available in every gear without even using the throttle! On a level road i can work it through all gears without using the accelerator and it cruises at almost idling RPMs.

Have done quite a bit of highway running, the car hits 120kmph with minimal effort even with the AC on + passengers, can definitely go faster, but i have not felt the need to push it more.

I bought the LT (O) variant and the ABS is an excellent addition, braking is sure and dependable in emergency situations.

Ride quality and suspension is good, i did encounter some horrible pot holes and bad roads where the suspension did bottom out and got a couple of minor scratches on the under side. That said my car went over roads without much trouble, where a friend's swift had difficulty.

For night driving, the day-night mirror is an absolute boon and helps cut out most of the glare from vehicles behind.

The headlamps are brilliant, well focused beam and great brightness, absolutely inspires confidence while driving in the night.

And to finish off, boot space - More than sufficient for light luggage and assorted bags, the deep lid actually helps stack stuff up well. My last car was an Alto, and i feel that actual luggage holding capacity in the Beat is better thought out.
fangface is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 20:40   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post

AFAIK there is no need to worry about service costs if you opt for Chevy promise - 3 year maintenance package (18k for 3 years/45k kms)

I haven't opted it as budget was already stretched

BeatD is a good choice if you are using only in city , for highway ritz is the best bet of the two
Many thanks! I am thinking of going in for a LS model(Morrocan Blue, mostly!) but now the sales consultant was saying that a lot of features(like the silver accents on the steering wheel, etc. ) are not there on the LS model and I was quite surprised as this was mentioned clearly in the brochure. If they're de-speccing this car then it's barely got an edge over the PS model and it is pretty disappointing from Chevy's side. Moreover, it's not as economical as Chevy believes it to be(~37k more expensive than the PS for a left side mirror, central locking and front power windows).
I am going to confirm all this tomorrow; I am really interested in this car.
The sales consultant was also telling me that they are not willing to give even so much as sun film as extras despite the steep price on 5.65 OTR(Bangalore- Kropex Chevrolet) ; mainly as this is a diesel model.
One more thing that he said was that the music system antenna is difficult to install from outside(which I was and am still planning to do, unless I am advised against it). And your ICE choice is amazing, might I add!
Looking forward to your valuable inputs!
Old 27th September 2011, 00:04   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Anif, Congrats on your new car. Nice choice of color!! Enjoy the diesel drive - being smooth is the key to driving a diesel. Surf the torque wave!!

For once - the tyres actually look proportionate to the car as opposed to those weedy offerings that we used to get from Maruti for the Swift diesel.
had trouble in taming in the torque wave on initial days ,Now i have almost get used to driving diesel

Beat D has wider tyres (Goodyear 165/65 R14) as compared to petrol beat (Apollo 155/70 R14 ) ,it suits perfectly and i remember reading on your thread about changing swift tyres on day1 itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangface View Post
I too own a white Beat-D, 2 months old now, have covered ~2600km so far. Absolutely happy with the car, and enjoying my driving.

Just to add in my few extras -

Firstly, the mileage / FE - Calculating by the full tank to full tank range, my lowest figure was 16.6kmpl and the standard avg is ~19kmpl.

For night driving, the day-night mirror is an absolute boon and helps cut out most of the glare from vehicles behind.
belated congrats fangface , i had mentioned in one of my starter posts on this thread that you are the first one in t-bhp

many thanks for pitching in with your feedbacks ,i was hoping for some reviews from your side before my purchase ,thought you vist t-bhp occasionally or have been busy with work

How was the 1000km checkup , eager to know about it as mine is approaching ,done 900 km ,1000km will be up in couple of days

For me FE is around 16-17 kpl , haven't tested auto cutoff method , will do after first checkup

Day & Night IRVM - Donno if its useful for me ,had driven 100 km in night and heavy rain ,with absence of rear wiper i was completely dependent on Right ORVM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselat View Post
Many thanks! I am thinking of going in for a LS model(Morrocan Blue, mostly!) but now the sales consultant was saying that a lot of features(like the silver accents on the steering wheel, etc. ) are not there on the LS model Chevy believes it to be(~37k more expensive than the PS for a left side mirror, central locking and front power windows).

One more thing that he said was that the music system antenna is difficult to install from outside(which I was and am still planning to do, unless I am advised against it). And your ICE choice is amazing, might I add!
Looking forward to your valuable inputs!
i'm surprised to hear LS model donot have silver accents , L ORVM etc, My thought - SE might have got it confused with Beat petrol as it donot have silver accents on steering

LS also have 60:40 split seats , rear head rest,chrome grille (provides an upmarket look) , tinted glass , Day& night IRVM

AFAIk what i read from forum there are 2-3 chevy dealers at Bangalore,didn't you approach other dealers if there are any discounts/freebies

5.65 that's more than 50k difference on pricing for same spec car, One of my colleague who is looking for Beat D got an offer of 5.05 lakhs for white LS from kollam showroom , its 5.10 at trivandrum

I have no idea about antenna , if you go through Beat petrol threads you can surely have a solution

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 27th September 2011 at 00:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks