Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 11:24   #61
BHPian

Re: My Suzuki Swift ZDI - 2011

The stock size on the base version is 14" and on the Zdi is 15".

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Is Stock size 14 or 15" ? IMO 16 would be overkill for this car besides making the ride stiffer.
I read somewhere (Lost the link; I think it was the OD official review) that because the swift has the height raised for India it can easily take 17" as an upgrade. If upgrading 16" is a good option as you sacrifice a wee bit of ride quality bit get better grip and better steering feedback.
Old 19th September 2011, 12:54   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Boot space, easily accommodated a few more things too.
Thanks for the pictures. Is the boot space a lot less than the earlier Swift?

This factor seems to be one of the main dampeners in my quest for a new diesel hatch. The Swift zdi and the Figo Titanium are the final contenders, and the Figo wins hands down in this department.
Old 20th September 2011, 14:27   #63
BHPian

How good are the brakes on the car ? Considering a diesel car with rear drum brakes always scares me, the torque that these engines develop is very difficult to contain. One of my key reason to switch from the swift to the i20.
Old 21st September 2011, 14:21   #64
BHPian

Hi,

Congratulation on your purcahase!
I wanted your help on the working of AVC; have set it to Level 3 but still i cant see any automatic increase or decrease in volume. Can you please check this thing in your car and get back to me?

Thanks!
Old 26th September 2011, 15:16   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for the pictures. Is the boot space a lot less than the earlier Swift?
The boot space is definitely smaller than the pre gen. However not as small as the rants going on. It can easily accommodate a suitcase and a few bags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
How good are the brakes on the car ? Considering a diesel car with rear drum brakes always scares me, the torque that these engines develop is very difficult to contain. One of my key reason to switch from the swift to the i20.
The brakes are good, but could have been better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBaleno View Post
Hi,

Congratulation on your purcahase!
I wanted your help on the working of AVC; have set it to Level 3 but still i cant see any automatic increase or decrease in volume. Can you please check this thing in your car and get back to me?

Thanks!
The AVC is not working on my stereo too. The guys at the service center have no idea too.
I checked after reading your post and thought it to be the laura types which lowers the volume when reverse is engaged, but no, the manual says it adjust according to the vehicle speed and Im confused.

Updates.

On the weekend trip, i did a tank to tank before the first service and the car returned an average of 19.5kmpl. Full trip on a/c.
Old 26th September 2011, 19:44   #66
BHPian

Congrats beejay on your new car!

BTW, those lights on the boot door are to illuminate the number plate, right? It had to be there!

IMO, the boot is the weakest part in this wonderful offering. The high loading point combined with the angle of the rear seats make the boot unfriendly to the luggage.
Old 27th September 2011, 13:50   #67
BHPian

hey beejay!

Thanks for your reply on the AVC!

Not sure how to get a confirmation/help to get this AVC working..if you come across something please let me know.
One more thing...GTO in his review has mentioned about this particular feature "Instrument cluster gets 7-step adjustment for illumination (brightness). Note that the 7th step keeps the meters at the same level as at 6; only the MID gets brighter on the 7th"... I could'nt find it in my ZDI....Can you comment on this?

Thanks!
Old 29th January 2012, 01:30   #68
BHPian

A late congratulations beejay. I too got my Swift Zdi on Jan 22nd 2012, though it is in Torque Blue color. I like the way you have mentioned all the details and the picture quality and sections shown is really nicely done.

Can you please let me know, how can I change the instrument cluster illumination as I am fairly new to this. Also can the stereo system display the folders in 'List' style so I can pick which folder I need to go to. As of now all I can do is scroll the left knob and do the 'hit and try' method of reaching the folder I want. I have a 16GB pen drive with about 80 folders in it, and it sure is a pain to try and search for the one I want.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks