Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2011, 17:18   #16
BHPian

re: My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
abhi1309 congrats on your latest acquisition. Looks the Stunner it is in White!!

I know you have said this a zillion times in your post and probably do it daily, but just for the record -

"Hell with the Running Cost, when you can Run like that" !!
Thanks. And actually it is not all that bad.

I went to Mumbai last night. I was doing a surprisingly relaxed 150kmph on 6th gear. By the time I reached Pali hill, I averaged 6.1Litres/100kms. While coming back, the trip got reset. I got about 6.7Litres/100kms. This was because of the mid night truck traffic jams at lonavala and I was sprinting quite a lot as soon as I got a spot to put my car in and zoom. Anyone done Mumbai to Pune at midnight knows exactly what I am talking about. I also touched about 180 at few stretches.

It did about 490kms exactly at half tank. So yeah pretty good. Like I said, not even once the car felt it was underpowered. Actually at the steepest of inclines and sudden sprints, it is just more powerful than anything around it and under 30lacs. I was barely tired after doing a full day at office then Mumbai and back at 4 am. It gobbles kms unbelievably. This was my first time in the TSi on the expressway.

Well said this "Hell with the Running Cost, when you can Run like that"

Last edited by abhi1309 : 14th October 2011 at 17:20.
Old 14th October 2011, 17:28   #17
BHPian

re: My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed

Congrats Abhi. You got one of the best cars in that segment. The car loves to be revved. Try not to during the run-in period.
It still aches in corner of my heart when someone buys a TSi. It was my first choice and it was ruled out due to some reasons from home.

I see your fiesta has black alloys. Any plans to upgrade the same in this? White laura with black alloys (Lenso Samurai range) and low profile tyres are drool !! And then comes 160 horses
Old 14th October 2011, 17:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Congrats Abhi. You got one of the best cars in that segment. The car loves to be revved. Try not to during the run-in period.
It still aches in corner of my heart when someone buys a TSi. It was my first choice and it was ruled out due to some reasons from home.

I see your fiesta has black alloys. Any plans to upgrade the same in this? White laura with black alloys (Lenso Samurai range) and low profile tyres are drool !! And then comes 160 horses
Thanks mikon, I think I was doing 140kmph at 6th gear and it was at 2500rpm. I am pretty careful not to revv it too hard while sprinting or launch.

I only know how I afforded it had to wait for almost a year and almost gave up on buying such an expensive (for me) car. But somehow just did it. So every time I start enjoying it, I remind myself to stay in control and enjoy it bit by bit. I am a frugal guy you know.

That also makes me extremely happy with the stock looks and tires, though it is a bit undertired and alloys are just about okay. But I am going to have to keep it stock for another year. Just can't justify spending any money on alloys and rubber (or cellphones or any other dead investment) for the time being. I am going to be good boy for a while, just how my wife and parents want me to be. Just for a little time. Then it is back to Lenso Samurai's and awesomely thick rubber. Alloys will in all probability be black and as wicked as possible.

Last edited by abhi1309 : 14th October 2011 at 17:42.
Old 14th October 2011, 17:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man on one of the best high revving petrols which one can buy south of 30L. I am hoping i will also have this beauty in my garage soon !

6.xL/100KM doesnt sound bad at all !! Its more than what my Cedia returns me !
Old 14th October 2011, 17:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Congrats man on one of the best high revving petrols which one can buy south of 30L. I am hoping i will also have this beauty in my garage soon !

6.xL/100KM doesnt sound bad at all !! Its more than what my Cedia returns me !
Yeah it is actually better than my Fiesta did and even in short city runabouts it betters my Fiesta. The engine is frugal no doubt about that. You just need to keep your right foot in control when in the city. Not so much on the highway. I got about 6.5Litres/100kms on my trip to mahabaleshwar (non expressway). The calculation is accurate since I get similar readings when I fill brim to brim. I get about 7.8Litres/100kms in city almost everyday when I drive to work which is about 14kms one way. If I am spirited, it doesn't take long to reach 9L/100kms

Best of luck for buying the TSi. I think it is a no brainer. Like every acquisition, you need to actually own it to know it. And I bet you will be pleasantly surprised by the things this car can do for you.
Old 14th October 2011, 18:01   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post

It did about 490kms exactly at half tank.
490 Kms at half tank! That is an amazing feat! YOu sure about that? On my Bangalore to Belgaum drives (500 km one way) I need to tank up about 5 to 10 lts towards the end of the journey. At the end of the journey my MID normally reads something like this ... Distance : 510 kms, Avg Speed : 90 kph, Running time : 5 1/2 hrs, Avg fuel consumption : 9.5l/100kms. These figures are start point to end point figures including city traffic at both towns. My fuel needle goes from Full (55 lts) to E in 5 hrs flat . That's of course when driven quite aggressively. I am able to achieve figures of 6.1l/100 kms only while cruising to the Airport on BIAL Road at a constant 80 kph, which is the speed limit on this road which the cops enforce quite strictly.
Old 14th October 2011, 18:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
490 Kms at half tank! That is an amazing feat! YOu sure about that? On my Bangalore to Belgaum drives (500 km one way) I need to tank up about 5 to 10 lts towards the end of the journey. At the end of the journey my MID normally reads something like this ... Distance : 510 kms, Avg Speed : 90 kph, Running time : 5 1/2 hrs, Avg fuel consumption : 9.5l/100kms. These figures are start point to end point figures including city traffic at both towns. My fuel needle goes from Full (55 lts) to E in 5 hrs flat . That's of course when driven quite aggressively. I am able to achieve figures of 6.1l/100 kms only while cruising to the Airport on BIAL Road at a constant 80 kph, which is the speed limit on this road which the cops enforce quite strictly.
Yeah right now as I type, it has done 540 kms and the needle is just below the half mark. I too was surprised when I saw this. About 200kms out of this were in the city. Rest 300kms I did last night on the expressway which was fairly low on traffic yesterday being Thursday. I came back at 4 am just got traffic at Lonavala. Bandra too was empty last night. So yeah pretty much it did that 490 easily. Last night was not a regular night. Mumbai was asleep at least where ever I drove.

I did not drive really aggressively though I sped up quite a lot, most of it gradually. Let's see what I get for the whole tank. Though I am tempted to brim it up today itself and see how much it consumed. Your average speed was 90?? Mine after driving through the expressway was just 55kmph. No wonder you tank up after doing 500kms. My figures include the city traffic of course, How does one exclude that anyway

I am bored of talking about mileage now

When I decided on this, I was like it would be great if it gave me 10kmpl at least. Life is good as you can see.

Last edited by abhi1309 : 14th October 2011 at 18:16.
Old 14th October 2011, 18:20   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Great choice Abhi!
Why would anyone buy a turbocharged petrol sedan with the current petrol prices? The most common question I get, but the feeling you get when you rev the Tsi motor to over 5K is pure bliss. Heck, i drove it all the way from Guwahati to Bangalore..all sorts of terrain

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ger-route.html

However, with a light foot I ve achieved 6.4l/100km and max a range of 730kms
Attached Thumbnails
My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-photo.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-photo1.jpg  

Old 14th October 2011, 18:30   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
I am bored of talking about mileage now
I've been there my friend.

Honestly the TSI is quite fuel efficient for all the power it produces. The 2.4l Accord which has similar power output figures struggles to give more than 8kmpl under favourable conditions.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 14th October 2011 at 18:34.
Old 14th October 2011, 19:23   #25
BHPian

Congrats Abhi! I have a white TSI too (June 2011) and have stopped caring for just about anybody & everybody who fails to see the logic of buying a petrol car.

I was in Pune till March 2011 and really miss the few open stretches within Pune (believe me, its much better than potholed roads of Gurgaon) and the expressway where one could rev the engine.

Drive it like you stole it!!
Old 14th October 2011, 21:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Many many congrats!! i love the power that this car can produce and fortunately have a very generous aunt who lets me borrow it a few times to do a couple of inter city trips and i have a blast with the acceleration and speed it provides! Wishing you many many happy miles!
Old 14th October 2011, 21:15   #27
BANNED

how
about a k&n filter which can give even more fuel economy
i have owned many car in my life including morris minor 1952
subaru forest 2.5 t suzuki sx4 toyota yaris
etc etc
this car is best car i have experince in my life
keep enjoying it
between you can get even 850 for full tank which is 55liter tank
please enjoy it also you can put bilstein b6 shocks which petes i selling in india
enjoy the tsi which best engine in this world
narry
Attached Thumbnails
My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2718.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2719.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2720.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2721.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2722.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2723.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2724.jpg  

narry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2011, 21:20   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on the laura! A great choice with a cracker under the hood. Btw is this supposed to be blue? Or you havent removed the protective covering? Blue looks funkier than the plain old green.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-dsc_0189.jpg  

Old 14th October 2011, 21:20   #29
BHPian

congratulations on the beast and that are some amazing FE figures,with 160 horses and 540 kms in half tank,i am speechless man.
Old 15th October 2011, 01:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on getting yourself the best driver's car south of 25L (not counting the vRS!). Great on-road price - hard to get anything close to that in Mumbai, especially with the damn octroi one needs to pay here.
The fog lamps have made an appearance again in the TSI Ambiente... hopefully for good this time! But forget the fog lamps.... concentrate on enjoying your new pride and joy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks