Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2011, 11:12   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Sure, pulling from 90 in 5'th will be much stronger than in 6'th. But there is surely a flat patch in 4'th. I will try to observe it more accurately next time. The funny thing is - it's in between, before you hit the patch and once you are past it, 4'th is extremely strong.

BTW, came back from a 3000km trip of south. The odo now reads 17800KM - more than 5000km since the first service/oil change. Oil level is holding quite well, looks like consumption has reduced to minimal - in spite of some very very high speed and long duration (4 to 5 hours without a break) runs.
Will check for this flat spot next time on the highway. Looks like I might do a Belgaum trip in the first week of Nov.

That's a long road trip! Good to note that the oil consumption has reduced. I am keeping an eye on the oil levels as well. It required a top up at 3000 kms. My car is now at 7,000 Kms. The oil level has been constant since the last top up and looks like the consumption has settled down to normal levels. Mind you, out of 7,000 kms almost 3,000kms have been on Bangalore - Belgaum GQ roads at some very high speeds.
Old 21st October 2011, 12:04   #47
BHPian

re: My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed

Congrats Abhi on the new TSi.Its one heck of a machine and a rare breed.Enjoy the turbo kick everytime you rocket past other lesser cars.

Quote:
But there is surely a flat patch in 4'th. I will try to observe it more accurately next time. The funny thing is - it's in between, before you hit the patch and once you are past it, 4'th is extremely strong.
What do you mean when you say that there's a flat patch?Is it a temporary loss in pulling power for a small part of the revband say 3000-3500 rpm or thereabouts?Something in the nature of violent pull..stop..pull if you get what I mean?Sorry for the vague description but this is what I have personally experienced i a friend's TSi.This happened once in the 2nd and more noticably in the 3rd.

Last edited by octane1002 : 21st October 2011 at 12:14.
Old 25th October 2011, 11:35   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Will check for this flat spot next time on the highway. Looks like I might do a Belgaum trip in the first week of Nov.
Yes, please do. I checked again this Sunday - if I try to pull from 70 in 4'th, I end up flooring the accelerator for quite some time so I feel the flatness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
What do you mean when you say that there's a flat patch?Is it a temporary loss in pulling power for a small part of the revband say 3000-3500 rpm or thereabouts?Something in the nature of violent pull..stop..pull if you get what I mean?Sorry for the vague description but this is what I have personally experienced i a friend's TSi.This happened once in the 2nd and more noticably in the 3rd.
It's when I have completely floor the pedal - something one does not have to do in a Tsi generally. So it's not a loss of power, just a little lack of it may be - and only during a relatively narrow rev redange in 4'th.

I like it when a small input to the acccelerator pedal results in big output - that's when I get the feeling a F-A-S-T car. If the input and output are linearly proportionate, I get a feeling of a regular car (may be like the iDSI NHC that I drove for 5 years) and if a large amount of input (complete pedal to the metal) yields gentle progression, it's slow for me and I never expected that to happen in the TSi except at the top end...

BTW, I have been testing speeds all the time so this Sunday I decided to test the FE - needed to go to Mumbai so took the express way and here is what I saw:

1. Drove in 80 to 120 band until Lonavala (flat surface withvery few gentle inclines) - FE was 6.3l/100km.
2. After Lonavala, it's downhill for some time and then flat surface again, so by the time I reached 2nd Toll naka (towards Mumbai), the FE was 5.5l/100km.
3. After 2nd Toll naka, all the way till end of the E way at Kalamboli, it's flat surface and I was driving in 90 to 130 band with occasional 140, the FE was 5.8l/100km.

What say guys?

Cheers!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 25th October 2011 at 11:37.
Old 25th October 2011, 13:12   #49
BHPian

Quote:

BTW, I have been testing speeds all the time so this Sunday I decided to test the FE - needed to go to Mumbai so took the express way and here is what I saw:

1. Drove in 80 to 120 band until Lonavala (flat surface withvery few gentle inclines) - FE was 6.3l/100km.
2. After Lonavala, it's downhill for some time and then flat surface again, so by the time I reached 2nd Toll naka (towards Mumbai), the FE was 5.5l/100km.
3. After 2nd Toll naka, all the way till end of the E way at Kalamboli, it's flat surface and I was driving in 90 to 130 band with occasional 140, the FE was 5.8l/100km.

What say guys?

Cheers!
Yeah the mileage sure is awesome, I manage under 6L/100 even in the city sometimes when I come to office at 9am or before. I have managed similar figures on the expressway though it tends to climb up to about 6.5L/100kms by the time you reach your destination in the city. Not even once have I felt that the mileage is less than expected. And not even once I felt the car was under-powered, in fact totally the opposite. pretty cool eh?? Don't forget the super silent motor. I took a few friends a ride once at night, revving up nicely. One of them asked the other one from the back seat "Don't you think it's just too quiet for the speed that we are doing?" I was spinning the motor real nice at every gear.

Last edited by abhi1309 : 25th October 2011 at 13:16.
Old 4th November 2011, 08:46   #50
BANNED

hi
check this picture
if you drive rpm 1600 to 1700 you can get this fe in 6th gear
i think there no word to say more
narry
Attached Thumbnails
My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-img_0008.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-img_0009.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-img_0010.jpg  

Old 11th November 2011, 14:53   #51

Re: My new Laura 1.8TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Just got the perfect fitting 3D mats last night. I had serious issues trying to not make people sit in my car , I gave in and spent Rs 3700, snaps coming tomorrow morning.
Hi Abhi! Congratulations on the car! Trust you are having a great time driving it. Could you let me know where you sourced the 3D mats from? Need to get a set for my Skoda Superb 2004 model.

Thanks!

--Ramesh
Old 24th November 2011, 21:57   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Petrol A/T, even I wonder sometimes, how how why

Actually A TSI engine combined with a DSG would be an awesome jodi. & imagine a Yeti 4x4 with 1.8 TSI & DSG. Sadly we are a nation of chaps who cannot calculate total running costs. So I look like being condemned to a SX4 next year or hopefully GV or Outlander in 2-3 years time.

Only consolation is that I will not have to worry about the pathetic, though slowly improving, Skoda service.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:51   #53
BHPian

Re: My new Laura 1.8TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeramesh View Post
Hi Abhi! Congratulations on the car! Trust you are having a great time driving it. Could you let me know where you sourced the 3D mats from? Need to get a set for my Skoda Superb 2004 model.

Thanks!

--Ramesh
Sorry for the delay Ramesh, I got them from Sai Car Accessories, Lane 7, in KP. Chaps name is Ravi. Not sure if you'll get them for your 2004 Superb. 9922222180 is his phone number.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:52   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
hi
check this picture
if you drive rpm 1600 to 1700 you can get this fe in 6th gear
i think there no word to say more
narry
Narry, you sure this is petrol? More details on your car will be of interest
Old 25th November 2011, 14:01   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Come on, just look at where the red line starts.
This is our TSi.
Old 25th November 2011, 16:38   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Come on, just look at where the red line starts.
This is our TSi.
Oops it is, though it's the Octavia Mk1 right? Dials are a generation older. But there wasn't a TSI on that car
Old 25th November 2011, 16:44   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

TSI engine wasn't available in India for pre facelift Laura (Octavia) , though it was available in Europe and other places.
Old 25th November 2011, 17:00   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
TSI engine wasn't available in India for pre facelift Laura (Octavia) , though it was available in Europe and other places.
Oh it was, okay awesome. Not sure if I can remotely come close to this economy considering the beautiful villager traffic in Pune where people just suddenly stop on the fast (right) lane because they spot the sabji waala on the other side of the road. Man god help apna des.
Old 26th November 2011, 10:18   #59
Team-BHP Support

Abhi, not sure if you have posted before. What is the average FE you're able to manage with the 1.8 TSI?

Thanks!
Old 3rd December 2011, 16:57   #60
BANNED

Quote:
hi
this sure tsi petrol this is car made in europe imported for beijing olypmics
mods i have done is bilstein b6 shock with original spring
tornado tuning box and atc throotle controller
i use 97 petrol which is avaible in china use only shell petrol pump
and k&n 57xx picture attached with heat shrinking sleave
to original car intake
ps moderater excuse me for my typing mistake some times i am nervous
Attached Thumbnails
My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2331.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2718.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2719.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2720.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2721.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2722.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2723.jpg  

My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed-blog2724.jpg  

Last edited by narry : 3rd December 2011 at 16:58. Reason: more info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks