Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 16:06   #31
BHPian

re: My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
congratulations on the beast and that are some amazing FE figures,with 160 horses and 540 kms in half tank,i am speechless man.
I would say about 490kms, 540 was a little later and it was a bit south of half mark by then. But no issues as far as fuel economy is concerned. It is pretty efficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Congratulations on the laura! A great choice with a cracker under the hood. Btw is this supposed to be blue? Or you havent removed the protective covering? Blue looks funkier than the plain old green.
Thanks, this is plain old green and not blue, the protective cover was out within minutes of getting the car delivered, it is just the Xperia X10 camera I guess that's playing tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Congrats on getting yourself the best driver's car south of 25L (not counting the vRS!). Great on-road price - hard to get anything close to that in Mumbai, especially with the damn octroi one needs to pay here.
The fog lamps have made an appearance again in the TSI Ambiente... hopefully for good this time! But forget the fog lamps.... concentrate on enjoying your new pride and joy
What they are back on Ambition? Crazy these Skoda guys are though I am not complaining because I got a decent OTR anyway. Bad news is, it's difficult to put them later on. Yes the car is great. Don't miss the fogs much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I've been there my friend.
Haahaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Congrats Abhi! I have a white TSI too (June 2011) and have stopped caring for just about anybody & everybody who fails to see the logic of buying a petrol car.

I was in Pune till March 2011 and really miss the few open stretches within Pune (believe me, its much better than potholed roads of Gurgaon) and the expressway where one could rev the engine.

Drive it like you stole it!!
Totally understand what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Many many congrats!! i love the power that this car can produce and fortunately have a very generous aunt who lets me borrow it a few times to do a couple of inter city trips and i have a blast with the acceleration and speed it provides! Wishing you many many happy miles!
Someone's else's TSI is better than your own TSI anyday. Luck you. You get to drive and rev it hard without thinking much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Great choice Abhi!
Why would anyone buy a turbocharged petrol sedan with the current petrol prices? The most common question I get, but the feeling you get when you rev the Tsi motor to over 5K is pure bliss. Heck, i drove it all the way from Guwahati to Bangalore..all sorts of terrain

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ger-route.html

However, with a light foot I ve achieved 6.4l/100km and max a range of 730kms
Excellent thread you got there. 6.4L/100kms is fairly achievable on the highway in my opinion. The best thing is the accuracy of the calculations in the trip computer. Works really well.
Old 17th October 2011, 18:42   #32
BHPian

re: My new Skoda Laura 1.8TSi. An upgrade from Fiesta. UPDATE: New 17" Lenso's installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
how
about a k&n filter which can give even more fuel economy
i have owned many car in my life including morris minor 1952
subaru forest 2.5 t suzuki sx4 toyota yaris
etc etc
this car is best car i have experince in my life
keep enjoying it
between you can get even 850 for full tank which is 55liter tank
please enjoy it also you can put bilstein b6 shocks which petes i selling in india
enjoy the tsi which best engine in this world
narry
Thanks, I already have the K&N and Bilstein in my mind, should go for them in the near future. I want to lower it as well but looking at the current roads in Pune, kind of afraid to do that. B6's are adjustable ones right?
Old 17th October 2011, 18:57   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Thanks, I already have the K&N and Bilstein in my mind, should go for them in the near future. I want to lower it as well but looking at the current roads in Pune, kind of afraid to do that. B6's are adjustable ones right?
hi
bilstein b6 have to be used with original springs no they are not adjustable
i would not advice adjustable shocks for our indian road or rather i would say asian roads
for more information you can contact petes he bilstein dealer in india
i live in china , and i use b6 in skoda octavia combi which is called laura in india also in my suv i love them
Old 17th October 2011, 19:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
hi
bilstein b6 have to be used with original springs no they are not adjustable
i would not advice adjustable shocks for our indian road or rather i would say asian roads
for more information you can contact petes he bilstein dealer in india
i live in china , and i use b6 in skoda octavia combi which is called laura in india also in my suv i love them
Thanks for the information Narry, do you mind sharing more info like what were the changes you noticed in ride and handling? Any issues, maintenance later on in after few thousand miles etc? Also anything that you suggest to keep in mind before purchase.

By the way, I was googling for B6 prices just now
Old 17th October 2011, 19:16   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the information Narry, do you mind sharing more info like what were the changes you noticed in ride and handling? Any issues, maintenance later on in after few thousand miles etc? Also anything that you suggest to keep in mind before purchase.

By the way, I was googling for B6 prices just now
hi
unfortunately' the china bilstein dealer does not sell b6 i had to import them from germany i think petes price is quite reasable
so my price was expensive ,
well since my work demand travelling all over china like approx 100,000km
a year i have 2 cars , i must say after installing bilstein b6 i cannot drive another car is absolutely unbeleiveable i have take turns easly at 130k to 160km on ghats i mean mountains regions
before i had koni fsd them went bad in 20,000km
bilstein b6 i have used for more than 50,000kms
are very good i think them will last until the end of the life of the car
i cannot describe them in word have to be felt to beleive
i using them in my suv which 2.5 ton before it had boat like feeling after this install of bilstein i can drive even 170km without feeling unstable or unsecured infact to tell you the truth when ever i will buy a new car before buying the car i will check if b6 are avaible for this car then book or buy the car cannot describe the feeling in words

narry

ps moderates excuse me for spelling mistakes i a nervous while tying
Old 17th October 2011, 20:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

You said it!! nah , fortunately i guess , i was only allowed such excursions after the car had clocked in 2 services , so i dont think i did much damage!

Quote:

Someone's else's TSI is better than your own TSI anyday. Luck you. You get to drive and rev it hard without thinking much.

Old 17th October 2011, 22:23   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Abhi! Wishing you many more happy miles. The Laura seems to be a natural upgrade from the Fiesta. If only the focus was here :(

How could you give up the Evotion 801? I'm a ICE noob but consider the Evotion to be the biggest ICE upgrade in my Fiesta
Old 18th October 2011, 08:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

@abhi,

How did the mods go, has it been done or still in progress. Hows the car doing now?

Time to change your signature, I guess your dont want to let go the Fiesta memories.
Old 18th October 2011, 17:31   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Congrats Abhi! Wishing you many more happy miles. The Laura seems to be a natural upgrade from the Fiesta. If only the focus was here :(

How could you give up the Evotion 801? I'm a ICE noob but consider the Evotion to be the biggest ICE upgrade in my Fiesta
Actually I sold my car to my friend who also happens to work with me. So I get to hear Evo 801 everyday. Drive it as well pretty often. You are right it is awesome and he too loves it, never wants to remove it etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@abhi,

How did the mods go, has it been done or still in progress. Hows the car doing now?
Time to change your signature, I guess your dont want to let go the Fiesta memories.
No mods yet ghodlur, and nothing anytime soon. I am going to be broke for a long time after buying this car. Enjoying the stock machine for now. It's just been more than a month since I got delivery so I am not in favour of changing anything. Even the stock thin rubber is too precious for me now.

You are right, the Fiesta signature is too awesome to let go and I worked quite hard to put in everything in that alphabet limit. Too good to change to something that simply says Laura TSi.

Last edited by abhi1309 : 18th October 2011 at 17:33.
abhi1309 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 18:24   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

This is an absolutely delightful motor and congrats on the purchase! What a fine review as well.

I have driven Swanand's Superb which shares this engine and it is quite a thrill. The Laura 2.0 CRdi DSG was one that I had test driven last year but wound up buying the Vento instead (couldn't warrant the 6.x lac difference).

You really shouldn't bother about those people who ask why not diesel- not worth getting hassled. As a petrol AT owner I have to endure double the barbs!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 09:25   #41
BHPian

Congrats on the ride. The 6th clog perhaps works wonders for KMPL on the TSi, the engine is perhaps lazily spinning below the turbo zone!
Old 19th October 2011, 10:25   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
the engine is perhaps lazily spinning below the turbo zone!
That's very difficult to do in the TSi. A slight tap on the accelrator and the car gallops ahead...The beauty is I can engage 6'th even at 60kmph while I can pull beyond 160kmph in 4'th....

BTW, one slight flatness in the power band I notice is between say 80 to 110kmph in 4th. Did anyone experience this?
Old 20th October 2011, 12:33   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

You really shouldn't bother about those people who ask why not diesel- not worth getting hassled. As a petrol AT owner I have to endure double the barbs!
Petrol A/T, even I wonder sometimes, how how why

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
That's very difficult to do in the TSi. A slight tap on the accelrator and the car gallops ahead...The beauty is I can engage 6'th even at 60kmph while I can pull beyond 160kmph in 4'th....

BTW, one slight flatness in the power band I notice is between say 80 to 110kmph in 4th. Did anyone experience this?
Not sure if I noticed this yet. I will check it up on my next highway drive. About the gearing, you are right. The car can do very low speeds on 5th and 6th in the city easily. Perfect for people who are not crazy about changing gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Congrats on the ride. The 6th clog perhaps works wonders for KMPL on the TSi, the engine is perhaps lazily spinning below the turbo zone!
Yeah probably below turbo zone. There is a lot of difference between highway and city mileage in this car. It gets exceptionally frugal on the highway compared to the city. Though I havent seen that kind of difference in my Fiesta. The consumption did not differ much. So I am pretty sure it is the 6th cog and the turbo charged engine that's aiding the low fuel consumption.

Last edited by abhi1309 : 20th October 2011 at 12:43.
Old 21st October 2011, 10:21   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

Well, I haven't experienced this to be honest. I find only the 6th gear quite flat when the speed drops from say 150~160kph to 90~100kph due to slower moving vehicles. That's when I feel the need to shift down to 5th to get up to speed again. If I really want to push along then shifting down to 4th gives me a real shove in the back .
Old 21st October 2011, 10:58   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Well, I haven't experienced this to be honest. I find only the 6th gear quite flat when the speed drops from say 150~160kph to 90~100kph due to slower moving vehicles. That's when I feel the need to shift down to 5th to get up to speed again. If I really want to push along then shifting down to 4th gives me a real shove in the back .
Sure, pulling from 90 in 5'th will be much stronger than in 6'th. But there is surely a flat patch in 4'th. I will try to observe it more accurately next time. The funny thing is - it's in between, before you hit the patch and once you are past it, 4'th is extremely strong.

BTW, came back from a 3000km trip of south. The odo now reads 17800KM - more than 5000km since the first service/oil change. Oil level is holding quite well, looks like consumption has reduced to minimal - in spite of some very very high speed and long duration (4 to 5 hours without a break) runs.

And just like the short bad patch in 4'th, Goodyears also have a bad patch between 120 to 160 kmph. Beyond 160 they seem to regain the grip...ha ha ha!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 21st October 2011 at 10:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks