Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 13:37   #46
BHPian

Re: Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
I just sold my Palio 1.6 S 10 .
I dont expect a rubber burner , but is 100km/hr cruising in highways a problem ? Hows over taking ?
100 km/hr its well planted and smooth and frankly I haven't tried anything above that but I can assure you that the car car is very stable at speeds. Overtaking is effortless and when fully loaded you may need some downshifting.

If you like the modern looks I will say that you go for it, as it is one of the most refined hatches available in the market now.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:44   #47
BHPian

Congratulations b_ambat!
I am planning to book this car soon and I am hoping that my car's interiors will look similar to yours. You've done a bang on job of everything that you need for the car to look good on the outside and inside.
The Dashboard trims look really nice as well.
A big
Old 27th September 2011, 21:57   #48
BHPian

Oh and could you also tell me the breakup of your ICE? I would like to buy the Pioneer HU that you have. The MRP is 20990/- But I would like to know if we could get it for lesser in the grey market, etc. I am worried about this as I have heard about the China made duplicates of Pioneer HU's.
Old 28th September 2011, 11:40   #49
BHPian

Congrats b_ambat

The alloys are looking awesome. Interesting to note is that, the petrol beat LS comes with black colored speedometer cluster as opposed to the silver that you have got in diesel. Also you have the golden chevy logo on the steering which even the petrol LT version does not have.

Do you think 25kmpl is achievable in this car?

Is there any lag in any of the gears?
Old 28th September 2011, 14:36   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselat View Post
Congratulations b_ambat!
I am planning to book this car soon and I am hoping that my car's interiors will look similar to yours. You've done a bang on job of everything that you need for the car to look good on the outside and inside.
The Dashboard trims look really nice as well.
A big
Thanks dieselat, happy to hear that you liked the looks and more updates are coming(Spoiler - At last I found something almost matching and already installed 3M sunfilm and LED parking lights)

Quote:
Oh and could you also tell me the breakup of your ICE? I would like to buy the Pioneer HU that you have. The MRP is 20990/- But I would like to know if we could get it for lesser in the grey market, etc. I am worried about this as I have heard about the China made duplicates of Pioneer HU's.
Pioneer AVH 2390 - 15600 with B/W(wholesale price)
JL Audio 6*9 - 6000 with warranty
Bull Audio 4" + installation and harness - 3000 (Don't know the exact breakup as I brought JL, Bull from the installer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Congrats b_ambat

The alloys are looking awesome. Interesting to note is that, the petrol beat LS comes with black colored speedometer cluster as opposed to the silver that you have got in diesel. Also you have the golden chevy logo on the steering which even the petrol LT version does not have.

Do you think 25kmpl is achievable in this car?

Is there any lag in any of the gears?
Thanks Mate and I should have gone for LT if the interiors of LS was same as petrol, The LS Diesel interiors are attractive only due to the silver touch and as mentioned earlier I switched to LS from LT considering this.

I am not sure about 25kmpl but think 20-21 is achievable. With A/c I am getting 17-18 in city at present (1300 kms).

Although a linear power delivery is claimed by chevy, during long use I could easily identify the turbo kicking in and the power surge(especially when soft on foot). Below 1800 rpm(around 2000) there is some lag and especially in 3rd and 4th gear. But plan your shifting to above 2000 rpm and you will love the power and wont notice any lag.
b_ambat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 19:51   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ambat View Post
Thanks dieselat, happy to hear that you liked the looks and more updates are coming(Spoiler - At last I found something almost matching and already installed 3M sunfilm and LED parking lights)
Could you please post some more pics? (Spoiler+LED parking lights) Also could you please elaborate about the dashboard trims? And the door interior plastics( the same ones in the LT variant) how much did it all cost? I am planning to buy an Beat D LS myself and the sales manager didn't seem to know too much about it; although, he said he would definitely get it( He was more worried about me booking the car rather than the accessories I'm going to end up putting after buying it).
I love your alloys, would love to get them; alas budget constraints. Do not want to end up spending more than 6l for this car.
Old 28th September 2011, 22:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hey, congrats on your new acquisition! A very well written review and beautiful set of pics too. happy mile munching with the oil burner
Old 28th September 2011, 23:24   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please post some more pics? (Spoiler+LED parking lights) Also could you please elaborate about the dashboard trims? And the door interior plastics( the same ones in the LT variant) how much did it all cost? I am planning to buy an Beat D LS myself and the sales manager didn't seem to know too much about it; although, he said he would definitely get it( He was more worried about me booking the car rather than the accessories I'm going to end up putting after buying it).
I love your alloys, would love to get them; alas budget constraints. Do not want to end up spending more than 6l for this car.
More pictures will follow mate, waiting eagerly for the spoiler installation(had given it for painting), too curious about the final outcome.

The dash board trims costed me around Rs 1600 and it is slightly different from the LT variant. The LT variant has a Black Metal Glossy finish and it feels more posh and is more rigid. The trim we install, has a carbon finish and is made of plastic, the plastic feel cant be avoided.
Old 30th September 2011, 18:43   #54
BHPian

Hi friends, here are some CLICKS with the latest mods:
Spoiler - Had checked all the spoilers with the installer and this was the most suiting one and it was a clamp on type so no Holes
I liked all the views except the rear view(Straight Back)
Awaiting your valuable reviews and suggestions..............

Had given Mat Black treatment for the lower front grill.

Installed 3m Sunfilm CS- 20 - Side and Rear
Attached Thumbnails
Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-mod1.jpg  

Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-mod2.jpg  

Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-mod3.jpg  

Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-mod8.jpg  

Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-mod9.jpg  

Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-mod11.jpg  

Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-mod5.jpg  

Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-mod6.jpg  

Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-mod7.jpg  

Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-mod10.jpg  

Old 30th September 2011, 18:50   #55
BHPian

As promised earlier, here are some interior pictures. Sorry for the poor quality, there was some glare from the front. Was waiting to get the perfect snap, but never got time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
A pic with the front doors wide open will give an idea about the trim.
Attached Thumbnails
Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-int1.jpg  

Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-int2.jpg  

Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-int4.jpg  

Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-int5.jpg  

Old 30th September 2011, 18:54   #56
BHPian

Missed this..................
Attached Thumbnails
Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-int7.jpg  

Old 30th September 2011, 19:38   #57
BHPian

@b_ambat,
in one word, AWESOME!!!
The spoiler looks top class. Looks good to me from rear too.
And i somehow tend to like the absence of roof rails. The car looks much more slick this way!
Just noticed a K&N sticker on the hatch door.
Have you installed K&N on your car??? Would like to hear more details on that
Auto freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 20:33   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
@b_ambat,
Just noticed a K&N sticker on the hatch door.
Have you installed K&N on your car??? Would like to hear more details on that

Thanks Auto freak.
Actually I never liked the roof rails, even for the LT, Somehow I feels it doesn't go on with the cars looks.
I wanted the spoiler very badly and had inquired with the dealer for OE spoiler and only Dual spoiler(inl model) was available as an accessory. The price quoted was Rs.13500(with painting).
After some further research and contacts, they agreed to provide OE spoiler(accessory dept had one in stock, customer replaced with double spoiler). But they Quoted Rs.7500 (with painting).

So I dropped the plans for OE spoiler and this one was only Rs.3400 (with Dual color painting)

K&N is just the sticker which I had with me and as of my Knowledge K&N installation will void warranty.
Old 2nd October 2011, 11:29   #59
BHPian

Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS : PICS UPDATED

Between two Beauties..............
Attached Thumbnails
Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-20111001-13.42.44.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2011, 14:50   #60
BHPian

Nice Mods!! , you have taken the car to next level

For me too spoiler looks good except from rear

Mat Black treatment for the lower front grill looks great

How much for 3M sunfilm?

I had installed Garware sunfilm and less than 1 month , vaccum has formed in all ,guess its poor workmanship ,will visit shop tomorrow to address this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks