Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2012, 21:37   #91
BHPian

Re: Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselat View Post
Yes I will be going in for an MDF tray. I wonder why your dealer would suggest plywood.
I'm now planning to (not yet decided) for Boston Acoustics 4" comps(PRO series). They are very pricey as compared to... well the rest of the 4" speakers. I'm just not sure if they are worth it, although my dealer speaks very highly of these.
There is no 4" components on the BA website (Pro Series | Car Audio Speakers | Mobile Audio Speakers | Full Range Speakers). Can you share the pricing details for these components ?

I am very heavily inclined on getting the Beat Diesel and would need the acoustic upgrades for sure.
Old 24th January 2012, 22:55   #92
BHPian

Hey guys! Sorry I've been away for a while and just got back a few weeks back. Haven't been to TBHP for a while now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushantV View Post
There is no 4" components on the BA website (Pro Series | Car Audio Speakers | Mobile Audio Speakers | Full Range Speakers). Can you share the pricing details for these components ?

I am very heavily inclined on getting the Beat Diesel and would need the acoustic upgrades for sure.
It was an old set of Boston Pro series (comps) and I believe it was reserved for an old merc and the owner wanted a backup in case something happened to his first set (Yeah I know it sounds pretty strange, but this is what I heard was the story with the set of Bostons I was gonna pick up).
I decided to go for Rockford Fosgate speakers (front-4" and back-6x9's). Didn't want to go through with cutting the door panels. I think it would protrude out way too much and it may look a tad bit ugly.
Personally, The RF speakers are really good. They have good clarity and have good highs and mids. The front speakers actually took me by surprise. They are loud. But for the kind of music I listen to (usually Techno and a bit of dance, etc.) I like to give more output to the rears to get more bass. I'm looking for a sub and an amp but alas, budget constraints . The output of a 4" set will obviously sound like a 4" set and unless you are ready to shell out a lot on your front speakers, please don't expect the same sound quality you would get in your sedans or SUV's (Without an amp and a sub).

Depending on what kind of music you listen to, I suggest you go to someone who knows sound, listen to your options and then decide for yourself. If you're looking at moderate speakers (sort of a bang for the buck) I would suggest you take a look at RF's and Hertz Energy (these were really good). The higher end obviously include Morels, Boston, Diamond audio and so on.

And I don't think you can get Bostons 4" comps (the newer ones) anymore. You could try google in the shopping section. I found the set he was willing to sell there. It wasn't there on the website when I checked.
Old 27th January 2012, 21:36   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Hey bipin,

Have you installed DRLs , are those DRLs in the pics from Cochin meet thread

Can you put some installation pics or present pics?

I'm also thinking about going fro circular DRLs

Sorry bro for the late reply, was out of town.
Round DRLs was a disaster, I had installed it and worked only for 2 hours, the module that comes with it only have blinking modes. the current setup is just temporary, thinking of going for OE fog lamps.
Old 2nd June 2012, 17:25   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ambat View Post
Hi friends, here are some CLICKS with the latest mods:
Spoiler - Had checked all the spoilers with the installer and this was the most suiting one and it was a clamp on type so no Holes
I liked all the views except the rear view(Straight Back)
Awaiting your valuable reviews and suggestions..............

Had given Mat Black treatment for the lower front grill.

Installed 3m Sunfilm CS- 20 - Side and Rear
Hi
You got a good taste for mods too! Neatly done, KIT! Check my review at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ms-review.html
Old 2nd June 2012, 23:42   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
Hi
You got a good taste for mods too! Neatly done, KIT! Check my review at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ms-review.html
A Lot has changed since the last post. thanks for reminding me to update the Thread.......... Journey still continues
Attached Thumbnails
Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-beat.jpg  

Old 18th June 2012, 18:34   #96
BHPian

Hey ambat. Your Beat looks awesome with the alloys! Plus awesome job on the ICE!

I am thinking of buying a Beat TCDi. Can you please post how much the service costs were? Especially as you didn't opt for the 3 year package. I really want to know how expensive it will be to maintain. And what FE are you getting in the city? My running will be mostly in city. I'm on quite a budget Thanks.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 16th December 2012, 16:39   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ambat View Post
Thanks mate. Exact FE figures and Max speed will be updated soon after the first service. As per my rough calculations 120 could be the safest max speed (3000 rpm range).

Ambat, I was planning to pick up one from Thrissur and had some questions and clarifications to the Beat....is there any way I could contact you ?? If possible could you PM me or send me an email on cancerianlove@gmail.com

Thank you
Old 16th December 2012, 21:35   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancerianlove View Post
Ambat, I was planning to pick up one from Thrissur and had some questions and clarifications to the Beat....is there any way I could contact you ?? If possible could you PM me or send me an email on cancerianlove@gmail.com

Thank you
You can contact me on "b_ambat@yahoo.co.in."

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks