Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2011, 15:02   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS

Skids is looking mean! Wonderful mods. I suggest you get the door handles painted in body color too, would make the side profile even better.
Old 2nd October 2011, 15:06   #62
BHPian

Where is the TCDi badge on your beat?

Love the way you have modded her, the black films and the chrome alloys looks stunning on the white beauty.
Old 2nd October 2011, 15:53   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post

How much for 3M sunfilm?
Thanks mate, I have installed 3m CS 20 - Rs 4000(side + rear/ 3 years warranty)
They also had SP series and it was Rs 2000 with 2 years warranty

Quote:
I had installed Garware sunfilm and less than 1 month , vaccum has formed in all ,guess its poor workmanship ,will visit shop tomorrow to address this
Sorry to hear that, did they say anything about warranty and how much did they charge. Make sure that they don't try any tricks with the hot air blower for temporary solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Skids is looking mean! Wonderful mods. I suggest you get the door handles painted in body color too, would make the side profile even better.
Thanks and I had totally forgotten about the door handles, there was enough paint left to paint these along with the spoiler, next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Where is the TCDi badge on your beat?
I had got rid of it, soon after registration and today I debranded the back exept the BEAT letters and logo

Last edited by GTO : 6th October 2011 at 14:50. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 2nd October 2011, 19:06   #64
BHPian

Dude your Beat looks classy, and your choice of mods are tasteful! I would suggest getting the brake calipers painted, nevertheless your car looks mean! I am glued to this thread!
Old 4th October 2011, 20:38   #65
BHPian

Wow, that's one cute looking hatch and the best looking Beat I've seen so far. Congrats.
Old 5th October 2011, 19:08   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Dude your Beat looks classy, and your choice of mods are tasteful! I would suggest getting the brake calipers painted, nevertheless your car looks mean! I am glued to this thread!
Thanks mate, I thought about painting brake clippers and hub(Green or red), but after the mods, I am almost satisfied with the looks and have a doubt that painting the calipers and hub will spoil the looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live360 View Post
Wow, that's one cute looking hatch and the best looking Beat I've seen so far. Congrats.
Thanks mate.
Old 5th October 2011, 19:15   #67
BHPian

Daytime running lights are on the way, Opted for a round one for the stock fog lamp location.

I am also thinking about components for front door, as I am not satisfied with the 4" bull audio, suggestions are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Skids With Diesel Energy: Chevrolet Beat LS-sku_45903_1.jpg  

Old 5th October 2011, 19:32   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ambat View Post
Daytime running lights are on the way, Opted for a round one for the stock fog lamp location.

I am also thinking about components for front door, as I am not satisfied with the 4" bull audio, suggestions are welcome.
How much for the DRLs?
4" components are very rare. Only Illusion Audio is having 4" components.
Otherwise cut the front door and fix 6" components like the one in the following post.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post1946514
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 21:53   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
How much for the DRLs?
DRLs - Rs990 from Dealextreme.

Quote:
4" components are very rare. Only Illusion Audio is having 4" components.
Otherwise cut the front door and fix 6" components like the one in the following post.
I have already lost hopes about the 4" components and have planned to cut the door pads for 6"(Almost made up my mind). Thanks for the link
Old 12th October 2011, 19:54   #70
BHPian

Great Mods! Sorry, have been away for a while. Haven't been watching this thread for a while. Did your mods make my jaw drop! Spoiler looks great and even the back is fine. It doesn't have that plane Jane look.
Could get a proper look at the LED parking lights though.
I am the proud owner of a Beat LS as well(Sandrift grey) . Still no ICE! Very confused. Wanted to get Polk 6 x 9 at the back and Infinity Kappa's 4" in the front with the AVH 2390 pioneer. But wasn't sure of the SQ of these. Was hoping you could shed some light on this. The other option was Clarion FZ709 but lack of warranty and cases of blown fuses(on TBHP and other reviews) made me prefer Alpine 103EBT.
And as of today, another issue is that the dealer I am planning to go to( because of the rates and quality of work that he does- or so i hear - pun intended), does not deal with infinity or polk , so I am planning to extend my budget and get the JL 6 x 9 at the back and not sure about the front. I want something with good clarity and I was told that Hertz Energy is pretty good for this(not as good as Kappa though).
Any help on this would be appreciated
The drives are becoming really mundane without any ICE.
Old 12th October 2011, 20:31   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselat View Post
Great Mods! Sorry, have been away for a while. Haven't been watching this thread for a while. Did your mods make my jaw drop! Spoiler looks great and even the back is fine. It doesn't have that plane Jane look.
Could get a proper look at the LED parking lights though.
I am the proud owner of a Beat LS as well(Sandrift grey) . Still no ICE! Very confused. Wanted to get Polk 6 x 9 at the back and Infinity Kappa's 4" in the front with the AVH 2390 pioneer. But wasn't sure of the SQ of these. Was hoping you could shed some light on this. The other option was Clarion FZ709 but lack of warranty and cases of blown fuses(on TBHP and other reviews) made me prefer Alpine 103EBT.
And as of today, another issue is that the dealer I am planning to go to( because of the rates and quality of work that he does- or so i hear - pun intended), does not deal with infinity or polk , so I am planning to extend my budget and get the JL 6 x 9 at the back and not sure about the front. I want something with good clarity and I was told that Hertz Energy is pretty good for this(not as good as Kappa though).
Any help on this would be appreciated
The drives are becoming really mundane without any ICE.
Hi dieselat, thanks for the comments. I removed the brake light from the spoiler assembly today, to make it look better from back.

About the HU, I have never auditioned Clarion, so no comments on that but if you prefer Touch screen AVH 2390 is good if you can get it for 15500 - 1600 with B/w.

I will recommend you to go for components in front, if you can make up your mind to cut the door pannels and there are good installers in Bangalore. Even if you are not going for components, I recommend you not to invest much in 4" speakers as it will be a total waste and I can guarantee you that you will think of an upgrade very soon(experience mate, I am going for morel maximos in front)

About the rear 6*9, JL is very good and the SQ is awesome (main reason why you will need a better front speakers to keep up with this). But you can also audition morel tempo, which is equally good and decide your pick(morel could save some bucks). I personally don't like Polk(above a certain volume they shout without details).
Old 12th October 2011, 22:54   #72
BHPian

Congrats on the new acquisition

Must say that this is one of the best mods in the forum and all your mods are well executed with a balance of not getting awkward like some mods we used to see on the roads. Everything blends nicely with the car and it’s really a face lift to the ride. The first thing I've noted was the splendid alloys you’ve chosen which are not a common and it really stands out.

to you for the fantastic carbon fibre film job over the dash and the door pads which gives a luxury feel all over. My hands are itching to get it done. Where did you do that in Cochin?

Have you seen the new DRLs in action? Salbin had posted a link for moded Korean Beats video somewhere in the official review thread, have a look on that am sure it will give you more food for thought.

Have you forgotten the exhaust tip? Am sure it will add more spice to the rear.

Expecting more in future.
Old 12th October 2011, 23:31   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
to you for the fantastic carbon fibre film job over the dash and the door pads which gives a luxury feel all over. My hands are itching to get it done. Where did you do that in Cochin?
I have seen the dash trim in Geeyem motors showroom 2 months back.
IIRC it was made by Autographix.
Old 13th October 2011, 20:11   #74
BHPian

Great work there, with your car! I especially like ICE and carbon fibre interior stickers.
But the spoiler does look a bit largish.
Anyway, when you get the fog lamps/ DRLs installed, try to get those chrome rings around them too. I think they look quite tasteful on the stock Beat.
Old 13th October 2011, 21:43   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Congrats on the new acquisition

Must say that this is one of the best mods in the forum and all your mods are well executed with a balance of not getting awkward like some mods we used to see on the roads. Everything blends nicely with the car and it’s really a face lift to the ride. The first thing I've noted was the splendid alloys you’ve chosen which are not a common and it really stands out.

Have you seen the new DRLs in action? Salbin had posted a link for moded Korean Beats video somewhere in the official review thread, have a look on that am sure it will give you more food for thought.

Have you forgotten the exhaust tip? Am sure it will add more spice to the rear.

Expecting more in future.
Thanks sajjt, the dash trim was done from Geeyem Motors, nettur. I had already added exhaust tip and had debranded the back. Too lazy to update the photos

And I am looking into Korean beats, nice mods and thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Great work there, with your car! I especially like ICE and carbon fibre interior stickers.
But the spoiler does look a bit largish.
Anyway, when you get the fog lamps/ DRLs installed, try to get those chrome rings around them too. I think they look quite tasteful on the stock Beat.
Thanks mate and I too was thinking about a good chrome frame for the DRLs for proper fit. But as DE has not sourced the item yet, I don't think I will have the patience to wait that long.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks