Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2011, 00:23   #16
BHPian

Re: VW Vento Highline TDI comes home !!

The interior snaps look quite chic with that red lighting. How is it like to move from the Octavia?
Having one reversing lamp seems to be a norm nowadays, with every other manufacturer going for the same. Cost savings, ehh....
Old 2nd October 2011, 04:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Mubaarakan! Mian kya wadiya gaddi litti hai..

Let me be one of the last to congratulate you I an for a car in a while and I've been researching the market for sometime.

Vento is my default choice too (just as it turned out to be your default choice). The only problem is, I am getting a bit greedy too (just as you got greedy) to try and stretch, and get the Jetta And I must admit that I find your garage almost complete:--> A hatchback, A mid size sedan, a luxury car and an SUV.

What's your next upgrade? Audi exchange?

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2011 at 12:30. Reason: STRICTLY no more than 2 smileys per post please
Old 2nd October 2011, 09:48   #18
BHPian

Great Pick Ricky_63 - The car looks impeccable, let me guess this car is going to be the daily drive potentially Mod free or are we thinking of repeating a swift again ?

All the very best - ML.
Old 2nd October 2011, 11:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Congrats Ricky, I am sure the vento's design is quite to your liking, considering all the cars you have owned have/had similar straight lines be it the merc, the skoda or the bishis..

The temperature gauge is surely a miss and I agree that the lighting is not adequate, but the latter can be sorted I guess..but consider warranty before touching the wiring .

I cant agree more on the fact that interiors of vento/polo will look much more meaner in black. Lastly, the S-Drives as always look wicked.. just be a bit careful on bumps in good gaon.. In between, mind sharing how much you paid for the yokos..I recently got a quote of 6100. Damn, got them for 4700 per tire last year in feb..

Wish you miles of happiness, take car and drive safe..

Gaurav

Thanks Gaurav, Well I got the tyres exchanged with the stock Apollos & paid 10.5k in addition, I think it is worth it. The temp gauge is missed for sure. Now I do not have a choice there, they could have used the Jetta cluster or something like it, anyway.

You are right I do prefer straight refined lines instead of the weird contraptions, they are designing nowadays. This is classy & relatively timeless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congrats Ricky on the classy Silver number! And thanks for photos

Are you planning to go for leather seats?

Thanks, glad you like the Silver, though I would have wanted a change had around 6-7 silver cars in the past few years, but the practicality won over ! No leather seats just yet, will see how soon these get dirty..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Congratulations on the vento (& the plant)! Surely a great choice and looks good in silver. May i know why did you change the stock tires? I mean did it really make a difference? Do you recommend this to everyone? And what was the cost? Thanks

Thanks - yes I really like the plant too , I found that a thoughtful gesture, way better than a box of chocolate.

The stock tyres though ok, I found them way too skinny for the car. Any which way, I always as a rule change tyres on my car on day one, & go for same OD tyres but the best quality possible. Yes I would recommend the upsize, but it is the owners call really

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Congratulations Ricky on your new ride. Wish you many happy miles with the car. It looks splendid.

Thanks & yes I agree it does look nice !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Congratulations, Ricky sirjee on your new possession.

OT; Had loved your Pajero experience thread thoroughly.

Speaking of the temperature gauge, I presume they have a temp. light on the display which will turn RED in case it is very hot.

ANHC has a similar light which is blue at start and as you drive along it goes off.

Cheers.
MKP

Thanks - and thanks again for liking the Pajero thread As for the temp light sure there is one, which comes on only if the engine is heating up, I would feel the temp gauge is way better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Congrats Ricky63ji on your new 'updated' Vento. The update was much needed indeed,the HU and the steering controls look great at night.
I liked the indoor plant more than your car(just kidding).
Any plans to remap the Vento,may be after running in is over?

Wishing you many happy miles in your new Vento.

PS: Do post pics if you install leather seats or upgrade your HLs with projectors.

Thanks - no remaps on this car as it seems to have adequate grunt in stock form, the car is mainly for wifey, will post pics if I put in projectors. Right now I am only putting in 90/100's with original Hella wiring & relay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Congratulations Ricky. Vento owners are quite passionate about their rides (another reason why they choose vento over the other competitors) and it shows in your write up.

Have a pleasant ownership experience.

Thanks Bala, yes the Vento does actually stir something inside !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Nice thread, Ricky and don't worry- the pics are excellent. The refreshed HU and ACC look much better in daytime than the old version, but I must confess have developed a soft spot for that awesome blue backlighting at night!

Keep posting!

Thanks, yup I am sure the blue colour looks nice, honestly I think it would have grown on you by now !! I found it a tad "colourful", but then that is how the car came - so one has to accept it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
The interior snaps look quite chic with that red lighting. How is it like to move from the Octavia?
Having one reversing lamp seems to be a norm nowadays, with every other manufacturer going for the same. Cost savings, ehh....

Ya the interior looks nice (other than the "beige" upholstery :-( as for the reverse lights, I still think 2 is better than one !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Mubaarakan! Mian kya wadiya gaddi litti hai..

Let me be one of the last to congratulate you I an for a car in a while and I've been researching the market for sometime.

Vento is my default choice too (just as it turned out to be your default choice). The only problem is, I am getting a bit greedy too (just as you got greedy) to try and stretch, and get the Jetta And I must admit that I find your garage almost complete:--> A hatchback, A mid size sedan, a luxury car and an SUV.

What's your next upgrade? Audi exchange?

Thanks - honestly, I would have got the Jetta, was way too tempting, except wifey was absolutely not interested - she found the Vento perfect for her need. But I must confess, I was tempted. No no - no upgrades for sometime now !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Great Pick Ricky_63 - The car looks impeccable, let me guess this car is going to be the daily drive potentially Mod free or are we thinking of repeating a swift again ?

All the very best - ML.
Thanks, & no it is my wife's car. No mods on this whatsoever (for now), repeating the Swift on this ?? NO WAY
Old 2nd October 2011, 19:39   #20
BHPian

Congrats Ricky for the car. Was waiting for your ownership thread.

Very nice pics and a crisp write up. The Yokos really look cool and improve the looks of the car.

Many Many Happy Miles.
CHEERS!!
Old 2nd October 2011, 19:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Congrats Ricky for the car. Was waiting for your ownership thread.

Very nice pics and a crisp write up. The Yokos really look cool and improve the looks of the car.

Many Many Happy Miles.
CHEERS!!

Thanks Rachit,

More than for looks the tyre upgrade is more for safety (handling & braking), looking cool & improving the looks is a bonus

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 2nd October 2011 at 20:07.
Old 2nd October 2011, 20:21   #22
lsp
BHPian

Congrats Rickyji,
I've always admired your taste in automobiles and the Vento is just an affirmation of the faith.

I can see why you've had so many silver cars in the current and past. I think it is the best color for Indian conditions. Shows less of scratches and hides dust well ( Read doesn't need a wash each day)

wishing you many happy miles with the new ride.
Old 2nd October 2011, 20:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Congrats Rickyji,
I've always admired your taste in automobiles and the Vento is just an affirmation of the faith.

I can see why you've had so many silver cars in the current and past. I think it is the best color for Indian conditions. Shows less of scratches and hides dust well ( Read doesn't need a wash each day)

wishing you many happy miles with the new ride.

Honestly I am humbled Arre bhai aisa kuch nahin hai - just that I am a man of simple taste that is all - You are right about the silver colour though. I think it is the most practical given the dust we have here in Delhi / NCR, specially in the summer months

Thanks for your wishes !!

Cheers
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:23   #24
BHPian

Congratulations sir!
You do have amazing taste in selecting your cars. I've been following all your threads silently.

During my tyre hunt, 205 yokos were very scarce.. so settled down for 195 contis.Enjoy the car and do let me know how to keep the beige interiors clean

Are the parking sensors from VW? Please give us the details.
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Congratulations sir!
You do have amazing taste in selecting your cars. I've been following all your threads silently.

During my tyre hunt, 205 yokos were very scarce.. so settled down for 195 contis.Enjoy the car and do let me know how to keep the beige interiors clean

Are the parking sensors from VW? Please give us the details.
Thanks Mikon Yes the 205 yoko's did test my patience as well, the 195's are available. As for keeping the interiors clean, I really think drycleaning every 3 months should do the trick or else getting covers made.

As for the parking sensors, ya they are OE fitment on the "refreshed" version of the Vento.

Cheers
Old 5th October 2011, 16:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Let the car strech it's legs a bit today. It seems to have endless pulling power. I did not cross 120 kmph, but the eagerness of the engine was something else. Even in 5th gear all one does is tap the accelerator & she zips ahead.

Drove intentionally with the music off, so as to be able to fathom the engine noise, which some people found on the higher side. I actually did not hear anything till upto 120, maybe the diesel mill is more audible at speeds above that.

All in all, going great guns. Got an average of around 21 kmpl, with speed never lower than 80 kmph. That sounds nice.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 5th October 2011 at 16:49.
Old 5th October 2011, 19:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Let the car strech it's legs a bit today. It seems to have endless pulling power. I did not cross 120 kmph, but the eagerness of the engine was something else. Even in 5th gear all one does is tap the accelerator & she zips ahead.

Drove intentionally with the music off, so as to be able to fathom the engine noise, which some people found on the higher side. I actually did not hear anything till upto 120, maybe the diesel mill is more audible at speeds above that.

All in all, going great guns. Got an average of around 21 kmpl, with speed never lower than 80 kmph. That sounds nice.
Cheers
Vento on the highway is pure addictive , the pull in the 5th gear indeed remarkable - I was earlier more used to peaking out in the 4th and holding the speed in the 5th . How was the tyre noise in the S drive ? In fact I (or any of the occupants who have travelled in my car ) have never found the engine noise inside the cabin to be worth mentioning - this includes quite a few very late night and very early morning drives (airport or station pickup drop duties ) when ambient noise level is non existent . At higher speeds the noise of the Apollos rule the wavelengths so any noise gets drowned out
Old 5th October 2011, 19:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Vento on the highway is pure addictive , the pull in the 5th gear indeed remarkable - I was earlier more used to peaking out in the 4th and holding the speed in the 5th . How was the tyre noise in the S drive ? In fact I (or any of the occupants who have travelled in my car ) have never found the engine noise inside the cabin to be worth mentioning - this includes quite a few very late night and very early morning drives (airport or station pickup drop duties ) when ambient noise level is non existent . At higher speeds the noise of the Apollos rule the wavelengths so any noise gets drowned out

Ok so we have another guy who feels as I do !! The car pulls like a train (given it is just a 1.6 litre engine) even in 5th

Honestly I was not able to really make out any noise worth mentioning with the S-Drives. I just totally enjoyed the car, the handling, the power, the mileage and everything else.

Apollos or the JK's are a story for another day. Though the Apollos still have some level of grip.

Cheers
Old 7th October 2011, 02:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Ok so we have another guy who feels as I do !! The car pulls like a train (given it is just a 1.6 litre engine) even in 5th
Count me in, Ricky. I love how the car is raring to go even at 150. A little push on the pedal and off she goes. Even in my every day commute, I search for that empty strip of road and let the car stretch its legs , even if briefly. It makes my day!
Old 7th October 2011, 10:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

Ok so now I know I am not alone in feeling the way I do !! The tribe of happy Vento owners is growing fast on our forum

After all the taste of the pudding is in the eating !!

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks