Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2011, 16:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Congratulations Akshay!
Great car and color choice - Enjoy the beauty!

Please share the driving impressions on the X6 diesel as well.

Cheers!
Old 9th October 2011, 17:09   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Congrats Akshay....the 3 series looks stunning in that color. Please upload more pics of your new ride.
Best wishes. Drive safe.
Old 9th October 2011, 18:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the 3er akshay1234.

Fantastic colour you got there on the Bimmer. I think the Space Grey is the the best shade of Grey available on a car. The true colour of metal.

Share some interior shots too.
Old 9th October 2011, 19:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on getting the "Ultimate Driving Machine". I am quite curious on the discount bit. Are they by any chance giving discounts on the 5 as well ??

Cheers
Old 9th October 2011, 20:21   #35
Team-BHP Support

BSI and Secure
BMW Service Inclusive is available for either 3 years or 5 years, with an option of kilometers run. So for the 3 series the 5 year 60k km is 185,000 odd and the 5 year 100,000 km is 2.6l odd. Now if you opt for this, all your services which are once a year or 15k kms are totally free. Your warranty is extended too upto that period. So you don't have to pay even a paisa for consumables or even if a part gets spoiled. But it does say if there are things like rattles then you do have a pay a certain amount, didn't understand for what. BSI is a one time payment which you have to make before the first service, and anytime during the tenure you can upgrade to a higher plan. Also if you sell the car it is transferable to the next owner so he can enjoy the benefits of it too. But the time limit is 3/5 years from the time the first owner buys the car.

Now secure is what BMW calls an insurance top up. In case of any damage whatsoever to the car, it can be fixed under secure. Whatever you claim from the company, the part which would normally be paid by you is now taken care of by Secure. So again you do not end up paying anything. Also things like run flat tyres are replaced if they become unusable, but depreciation is charged on that i.e depending on the usage you may have to pay a part for the new tyre. There is some other fine print too, but nothing very important.

Hopefully this explanation helped some of you.

My X6 Drive
We were waiting at the showroom for delivery, and were informed the car was still on its way from PDI at the workshop. That day there was a lot of traffic so it could take a while. We checked out every car at the showroom, from the 7 to the X1 and even the preowned section. After finishing with that we looked at the salesman and asked "what should we do now?". He said "sir why don't you take some car for a spin" to which my dad asked for a spin in the X5.

As we were walking down I saw an X6 parked there. I asked if it was a TD vehicle and he replied in the affirmative. I said forget the X5 lets drive this. So the salesman got the keys and I took the wheel. I pressed the start button but nothing was happening, I made sure my foot was on the brake and pressed it again but still no response. Then the salesman told me I needed to put the key in as this car did not have keyless entry. Only the 7,5 and X3 had it.

So I put the key in and started it, and man that 6 cylinder diesel sounded good. Put it in reverse and noticed this car had the Surround View thingy where there are 2 cameras on the side and one on the rear so you get a full view of the surroundings. After getting the car out I starting driving around a bit. This car too has an awesome driving position, very similar to a sedan except you are much higher than all of them.

The interior space is disappointing though, and so is the rear view through the mirror. Of course once I got used to that it was no problem. The trim was black leather with carbon fibre inserts which looked brilliant, just brilliant. It was riding on 18" wheels I think and the ride quality was actually very good, a bit stiff but never bumpy. It took all the bumps well without shaking the occupants up.

The engine too was very responsive, the accelerator needs a little more input that other cars but I guess all Bimmers are like that. This is coming from someone who drives an Accord with an extra sensitive accel. It had a mad midrange, I mean the punch when the turbos kicked in. I was surprised the car was moving this quick considering its size and weight. Also after driving around for 5 minutes the car felt much smaller than it was, and I had no problems whatsover driving it around in the dense traffic that was there. The attention in the X6 was nice too haha.

Anyway after 20 mins of driving I finally got some space in the traffic and pressed the throttle all the way down, there was half a second lag and then all hell broke loose. We were doing 40kmph and before I knew it I was at 120kmph. The sound of the diesel was very very nice, and it sounded a bit like a V8 petrol for some reason. It revved freely till the redline and the gearbox had some quick shifts too.

Again after that I didn't really get to give it the beans, could only give a little gas in whatever gaps I could find. But I now have new respect for the X6 30d xDrive.
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 20:48   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks Akshay, information on the BSI will be great. And do share the driving impressions of the X6 diesel
Have posted the info already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Great pics, Akshay! She's looking gorgeous
The rims, the Space grey exteriors and brown interiors all complement each other perfectly!

Congrats again!

Looking forward to the write up on the much spoken about BSI. And yes, please also write about your impressions of the X6.
Thank you, the little write up is posted. I too think this is one of the best interior exterior combinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Congrats Akshay! Only one word: majestic!

Do please post the X6 driving impressions; and update the thread with some "spirited driving" stories (one the run-in period is over of course).
There will be many spirited driving stories just like the Accord thread, don't you worry about that. It will be driven like its meant to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Congratulations Akshay! Nice review as well.
The grey shade looks good on the car. Isn't the shade the same as the one on insideman's supercharged M3 ?
Are you going to continue with the run-flats or will you be opting for tubeless tyres in the future?
Also your cars always have good looking number plates. Where do you get your plates done from?
Waiting for more pics. Cheers.
I think his car is a little darker, though I could be mistaken.

Going to keep the run flats for now, will switch to tubeless when the time comes to change them.

The number plates were ordered online from Utsav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations Akshay!
Great car and color choice - Enjoy the beauty!

Please share the driving impressions on the X6 diesel as well.

Cheers!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Congrats Akshay....the 3 series looks stunning in that color. Please upload more pics of your new ride.
Best wishes. Drive safe.
Pics will be uploaded tonight or tomorrow morning. The interior pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Congrats on the 3er akshay1234.

Fantastic colour you got there on the Bimmer. I think the Space Grey is the the best shade of Grey available on a car. The true colour of metal.

Share some interior shots too.
Thanks it certainly adds to the already sporty looks of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Congratulations on getting the "Ultimate Driving Machine". I am quite curious on the discount bit. Are they by any chance giving discounts on the 5 as well ??

Cheers
Well I don't think there are any discounts on the 5. Though you may be able to get a couple lacs of if they have a 530d in stock without the HUD and NAV upgrades.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 21:01   #37
BHPian

Congratulations akshay1234. Nice color and one of my favorites too.

Now do the run-in and post some numbers after mandatory/customary ? performance upgrade.
Old 9th October 2011, 21:16   #38
BHPian

So finally she's home ! Congrats akshay !
Love this particular colour ! she'z surely an eye candy !
And thoughts of performance mods already wandering around you, not that i'm surprised
May be you can get her around for a spin at the next meet !
Happy revving !

p.s : she deserves to boast herself, so please, a couple more pictures
Old 9th October 2011, 21:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Dude, you just bought the sheer driving pleasure!

My fav color, outside as well inside. Congrats and have a plenty of fun miles on her! Drifts after the run in, eh?

Do PM me the final price paid along with the discounts you got. I wish the pure steering feel from the earlier Beemers to be continued in the new ones, but after driving the 530D around the town as well as on highway aplenty, I do agree with your statement with the steering. Love the feedback on higher speeds!

Cheers and have fun with your Bavarian pet.
Old 9th October 2011, 22:19   #40
Team-BHP Support

Here are the rest of the exterior pics, hope you guys like them and the quality is good enough. Interior pics soon. The coronas are brighter than I thought they would be and actually don't look half bad compared to the white LEDs on the newer BMWs. What do you guys think about these pics?
Attached Thumbnails
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1247.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1248.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1249.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1251.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1253.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1254.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_12572.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1261.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1265.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1268.jpg  

Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 22:39   #41
BHPian

Hi Akshay,

That is one awesome ride! Congratulations on your latest acquisition! Can you please PM me the pricing details as well as discounts/accessories/deals offered by the dealer? I have almost finalized the decision to buy 320d Dynamic and would like to know how much there is space for negotiation. For some reason I am not able to send PMs.

Has the date for launch of new 3 series been officially/unofficially declared? Can you point me to where you got the news from?

Thanks!
Old 9th October 2011, 23:17   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Congratulations akshay1234. Nice color and one of my favorites too.

Now do the run-in and post some numbers after mandatory/customary ? performance upgrade.
Haha the customary performance upgrade wont be till mid next year for sure. And that will be the BMW power kit. I think it might be the wiser choice as compared to a simple chip this time. Maybe a K&N drop in filter soon though.

But I'm definitely going to see whether BMWs claimed numbers are any good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
So finally she's home ! Congrats akshay !
Love this particular colour ! she'z surely an eye candy !
And thoughts of performance mods already wandering around you, not that i'm surprised
May be you can get her around for a spin at the next meet !
Happy revving !

p.s : she deserves to boast herself, so please, a couple more pictures
Thanks bud. Haha no matter what car I get I'll always end up thinking how to bump up the power

The pictures have been added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Dude, you just bought the sheer driving pleasure!

My fav color, outside as well inside. Congrats and have a plenty of fun miles on her! Drifts after the run in, eh?

Do PM me the final price paid along with the discounts you got. I wish the pure steering feel from the earlier Beemers to be continued in the new ones, but after driving the 530D around the town as well as on highway aplenty, I do agree with your statement with the steering. Love the feedback on higher speeds!

Cheers and have fun with your Bavarian pet.
Thanks ACE. I'm definitely going to have lots of fun with this car after its run in. The steering does lose out on a bit of feel but it really weighs up nicely and feels so damn connected.
Old 10th October 2011, 01:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the upgrade Akshay.

Buying a 1st BMW must be a wonderful experience hah?
Amazing Pictures.Please upload some interior ones as well.
Time you update your BHP garage as well.
Old 10th October 2011, 09:07   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on owning my fav sedan. Enjoy the beemer experience and appraise us with the 'hidden' nitty gritties in the machine.
Old 10th October 2011, 09:13   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your 3 Akshay! The choice of color is excellent (though my personal favourite is white) and it sure looks really exclusive in it. The alloys are really nice too. I like it more than the alloys available in CE.

Post more pics of the interiors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks