Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2011, 10:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

The color is superb !! Way easier to maintain than a black one, and dark nonetheless. Always been a favourite. Great pictures, how about some of the interior ??

Cheers
Old 10th October 2011, 11:01   #47
BHPian

re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Congrats akshay. Does this model comes with ESP?
Old 10th October 2011, 11:20   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsherlock View Post
Hi Akshay,

That is one awesome ride! Congratulations on your latest acquisition! Can you please PM me the pricing details as well as discounts/accessories/deals offered by the dealer? I have almost finalized the decision to buy 320d Dynamic and would like to know how much there is space for negotiation. For some reason I am not able to send PMs.

Has the date for launch of new 3 series been officially/unofficially declared? Can you point me to where you got the news from?

Thanks!
I can't PM you either. But my guess is for the Dynamic they should be offering you 2l or so. How much are they offering now, more than that?

The new 3 will be unveiled internationally on Oct 14 and its due for India in June next year, the GM of the dealership told me this. I don't think that is false because the RHD F30 production starts only in the 2nd quarter of next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Congrats on the upgrade Akshay.

Buying a 1st BMW must be a wonderful experience hah?
Amazing Pictures.Please upload some interior ones as well.
Time you update your BHP garage as well.
Thanks bro, man the experience is awesome. My garage needs to be updated with the Punto and the Bimmer now, and the next car which is coming in a month or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations on owning my fav sedan. Enjoy the beemer experience and appraise us with the 'hidden' nitty gritties in the machine.
Thank you sir. I read somewhere you are thinking about picking one up? Hidden features? Not too many like a VAG car, most are straight forward. Though I shall try and think of some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Congratulations on your 3 Akshay! The choice of color is excellent (though my personal favourite is white) and it sure looks really exclusive in it. The alloys are really nice too. I like it more than the alloys available in CE.

Post more pics of the interiors.
White really does look nice and makes the car look bigger. These alloys are 17" which the CE are 16" but yes those look great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The color is superb !! Way easier to maintain than a black one, and dark nonetheless. Always been a favourite. Great pictures, how about some of the interior ??

Cheers
Interior pics coming up in a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Congrats akshay. Does this model comes with ESP?
Nope it uses DSC which is Dynamic Stability Control. It allows more wheel slippage than ESP, and as some people say it can distinguish between an "oh yeah" corner and will cut in if its an "oh crap" corner. It can be partially turned off to allow even more wheel slippage or it can even be totally turned off.
Old 10th October 2011, 11:20   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Akshay. Great choice, you won't be wondering "oh maybe I should have bought that other car instead." Hard to rule out the BMW if one loves driving. Good choice of interior too, please post interior pics. I would have picked black for exterior but ya the maintenance is so hard.

You can pair two phones at a time with the bluetooth! Wow, that is amazing - the one in our 520D can only pair a single phone. I carry two phones and that would have been an awesome feature to have. Maybe the iDrive (small screen, no TV) that comes with 520D has a lower-end bluetooth as well! Damn, I thought the only difference between 520D iDrive and 530D iDrive was just the screen size.

Last edited by androdev : 10th October 2011 at 11:23.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 11:31   #50
Team-BHP Support

Here are the interior pics. Sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long. Hope they are good enough. The iDrive is on split screen mode where the right bit shows the average economy, speed, distance and time travelled etc. It can be switched off and then the display would occupy the full screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1264.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1262.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1269.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1271.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1272.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1273.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1274.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1275.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1276.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1277.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1280.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1282.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1283.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1284.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1285.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1286.jpg  

Akshay1234 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 11:51   #51
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Hey man,

Congrats on the car ! I test drove the 320d CE for/with a friend yesterday and was blown away, wish I had 28L to spend on it. I'll send you a PM about the discount since my friend may also go in for it depending on the discount.
RJK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 12:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

Akshay, congrats on the Ultimate Drivers car! It sure is a sweet ride. I had TD'd the 320 when we were in the porcess of buying a D segment. Man, that engine sure loves to be revved. The drive was one of the most exhilarating experiance. Sadly, since back seat comfort was a priority for me, we had to let go of this.

I love the color of the car, and that of the interiors. Very understated, yet classy. Alloys are oh-so-sexy. Look great.

Any particular reason for a PCMC rego?
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 12:34   #53
Team-BHP Support

Akshay, Congrats on the car. Fantastic colour combo. Looks really good and nice pics.

I noticed that you have opted for packy poda foot mats. The organ style accelerator pedal gets covered and can be dangerous while driving.

The good thing about these mats is that you can cut them to fit in the footwell. They are very easy to cut and have markings where you can cut them from using a pair of scissors.

Please cut the right side on drivers side so the mat does not interfere with accelerator pedal. It will look much better as well.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 13:32   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Hey man,

Congrats on the car ! I test drove the 320d CE for/with a friend yesterday and was blown away, wish I had 28L to spend on it. I'll send you a PM about the discount since my friend may also go in for it depending on the discount.
Have replied to your PM. Nows the best time to buy the 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Akshay, congrats on the Ultimate Drivers car! It sure is a sweet ride. I had TD'd the 320 when we were in the porcess of buying a D segment. Man, that engine sure loves to be revved. The drive was one of the most exhilarating experiance. Sadly, since back seat comfort was a priority for me, we had to let go of this.

I love the color of the car, and that of the interiors. Very understated, yet classy. Alloys are oh-so-sexy. Look great.

Any particular reason for a PCMC rego?
Its definitely a drivers car, not that great on comfort for the rear seat but the front seats are great. I wish they offered the sports seats in India, unfortunately only the normal ones are available on the 3 and the 5.

PCMC meaning MH14? Thats because octroi for Mumbai reg ads almost 2l to the cost of the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Akshay, Congrats on the car. Fantastic colour combo. Looks really good and nice pics.

I noticed that you have opted for packy poda foot mats. The organ style accelerator pedal gets covered and can be dangerous while driving.

The good thing about these mats is that you can cut them to fit in the footwell. They are very easy to cut and have markings where you can cut them from using a pair of scissors.

Please cut the right side on drivers side so the mat does not interfere with accelerator pedal. It will look much better as well.
Thanks Viddy. These mats were given to me by the dealer, and yes I've been meaning to cut them. I shall do that today. Thanks for the tip.
Old 10th October 2011, 15:19   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Thanks bud. Haha no matter what car I get I'll always end up thinking how to bump up the power

The pictures have been added.
No sweat dude, youre a petrol head, and thoughts of improving the performance is an unexplained need !
Btw, i did check out her pictures, n she is gorgeous ! Truly orgasmic !
Now waiting for your point of view after a brief period with her and how different she feels from the v6 beast,obv not considering the diesel part !
Regards..

Last edited by seedyk : 10th October 2011 at 15:23. Reason: missed out to check the pictures uploaded
seedyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 15:34   #56
BHPian

Superb Just Loved the pics this series of 3 is the most favorite of mine the new upcoming series of 3 just looks like a downsized version of 7 and 5.

Congrats on the Buy
Happy Motoring withe the Driving Pleasure.
And The interior and Exterior combo is just perfect.

How do you find the legroom in the rear?

i know its kinda stupid question as to who would like to sit in the rear in this driving pleasure.
Old 10th October 2011, 15:38   #57
Senior - BHPian

Is there any reason why you have not elaborated the on-road costs and the discounts received openly on the forum? If so, kindly PM the same to me too.
Old 10th October 2011, 18:08   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
No sweat dude, youre a petrol head, and thoughts of improving the performance is an unexplained need !
Btw, i did check out her pictures, n she is gorgeous ! Truly orgasmic !
Now waiting for your point of view after a brief period with her and how different she feels from the v6 beast,obv not considering the diesel part !
Regards..
I haven't driven the V6 since I got the Bimmer but I'm taking it for a drive tonight. Shall post my impressions after 4 days of driving the Bimmer. Of course I care be more carefree in the Accord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Superb Just Loved the pics this series of 3 is the most favorite of mine the new upcoming series of 3 just looks like a downsized version of 7 and 5.

Congrats on the Buy
Happy Motoring withe the Driving Pleasure.
And The interior and Exterior combo is just perfect.

How do you find the legroom in the rear?

i know its kinda stupid question as to who would like to sit in the rear in this driving pleasure.
Thanks alot. 3 people who sat in the back seat told me that it wasn't half as bad as they expected. So that was a relief. I myself haven't sat in the back seat and probably never will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Is there any reason why you have not elaborated the on-road costs and the discounts received openly on the forum? If so, kindly PM the same to me too.
Replied to you on PM. Awaiting your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Congrats Akshay. Great choice, you won't be wondering "oh maybe I should have bought that other car instead." Hard to rule out the BMW if one loves driving. Good choice of interior too, please post interior pics. I would have picked black for exterior but ya the maintenance is so hard.

You can pair two phones at a time with the bluetooth! Wow, that is amazing - the one in our 520D can only pair a single phone. I carry two phones and that would have been an awesome feature to have. Maybe the iDrive (small screen, no TV) that comes with 520D has a lower-end bluetooth as well! Damn, I thought the only difference between 520D iDrive and 530D iDrive was just the screen size.
Yes this iDrive has the communication package or something, I'm not sure. I'll elaborate below. Does you car have a hard drive?

iDrive
Apart from offering many settings for the vehicle, let me talk a bit about the entertainment system of this vehicle. I've mentioned earlier that it has 10 speakers which sound pretty good. It has a single cd player in the dash board, and a 6cd changer in the trunk. Also available is a USB port and an AUX connection in the front armrest. Also in the armrest is another thing where you can buy a cradle depending on your phone and attach it there. Once you plug your phone into this cradle it syncs to the car, and uses the cars antenna so the signal quality is much better.
here is an example - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genuin...item27ba8b9324

Now besides that you can pair upto 2 phones with bluetooth at one time. From the primary phone you can make/receive calls, see texts and emails, sync your calendar and to do list, etc. With the 2nd phone you can only make and receive calls. Bluetooth audio is also available whereby you can play music off your phone onto the cars speakers.

The screen is 8.8" and is large enough for a car this size. It also has 8 programmable iDrive buttons which are below the in-dash cd player which you can program to do any function in the iDrive, be it open a radio station or open a screen showing the car info. It is quite useful.

The tv tuner can only pick up free to air channels like DD news and DD national, so at least cricket matches will be aired. The screen shuts off if viewing tv above 3kmph, so its good for traffic jams.

There is also voice control and a text message reader.

So well that is pretty much the low down on the iDrive system.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 10th October 2011 at 18:16.
Old 10th October 2011, 21:00   #59
BHPian

congrats on the 320D, looks fantastic, happy driving..
Old 10th October 2011, 23:18   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
congrats on the 320D, looks fantastic, happy driving..
Thank you. A Laura Tsi will join the garage most likely, what tires do you use?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks