Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2011, 23:57   #61
BHPian

re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I can't PM you either. But my guess is for the Dynamic they should be offering you 2l or so. How much are they offering now, more than that?
The sales guy mentioned a discount of 1.5l. So I am guess I can negotiate it to 2 - 2.5l. Did you go with insurance offered by BMW or did you get your own? any pros/cons of going either route?

I think that BSI ultimate package is a must have. Repairs on bimmers are usually pretty expensive . I have owned X5 in the US for 6 years and had a 5 years $0 maintenance package without which the repairs done during those 5 would have cost me a fortune.
Old 11th October 2011, 02:56   #62
BHPian

re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Quote:
Thank you. A Laura Tsi will join the garage most likely, what tires do you use?
I m on the stock 205/55/16 nct5 now, upgrading to 17/18 very soon
Berj79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 09:26   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsherlock View Post
The sales guy mentioned a discount of 1.5l. So I am guess I can negotiate it to 2 - 2.5l. Did you go with insurance offered by BMW or did you get your own? any pros/cons of going either route?

I think that BSI ultimate package is a must have. Repairs on bimmers are usually pretty expensive . I have owned X5 in the US for 6 years and had a 5 years $0 maintenance package without which the repairs done during those 5 would have cost me a fortune.
I took the insurance offered by BMW itself. I don't think there should be any issues getting your own, just check what the status will be of BMW Secure if you take your own insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
I m on the stock 205/55/16 nct5 now, upgrading to 17/18 very soon
Alright thanks. Don't go above 17 though, it will be too stiff.

The choices we have to make

Attached Thumbnails
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-img2011100600023.jpg  

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 11th October 2011 at 09:50.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 10:26   #64
BHPian

Congrats on the new Bimmer !! lovely color too, one of my favorites !!
Just one question, how come the alloys on the 320d exclusive are from the 320 CE (corporate edition) ??
Best regards.

Note from Mod : Please use proper punctuation and avoid typing...like...this. Do see THIS THREAD before continuing. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th October 2011 at 17:51. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:33   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Congrats on the new Bimmer !! lovely color too .... one of my favorites !!
Just one question .... how come the alloys on the 320d exclusive are from the 320 CE (corporate edition) ??
Best regards.
These are the alloys on the CE
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-wlppr.jpg
And these on the Exclusive
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1268.jpg
Old 11th October 2011, 10:36   #66
BHPian

Aaahhh yes sorry, my bad !!

Quote:
These are the alloys on the CE
Attachment 825339
And these on the Exclusive
Attachment 825340
Old 11th October 2011, 18:09   #67
Team-BHP Support

320D Vs The V6
So after driving the Accord today for the first time after getting the Bimmer, I think I can give a short comparo between the two.

When it comes to ride quality, the smaller bumps and unevenness in the road is taken care better by the BMW, as expected the ride of European cars is much more stable than any Japanese. The Accord takes bigger and sharper bumps better though. Remember the Accord is sitting on 50 profile tyres with Koni shocks, and I can manage to go through the same bumps where the Bimmer gives a loud thud, with a much smaller thud in the Accord. I think this had to do with the Soft Yoko Advan Sports on the Accord compared to the super stiff runflats.

Noise insulation, no comparison, road noise and ambient noise insulation is far superior in the BMW, but yet some tire noise does come through on road or concrete roads are higher speeds. The engine of the Accord is super smooth and purrs like a kitten at lower revvs but screams like a banshee at the redline thanks to the K&N. The vibration is just a wee bit higher in the BMW because its a 4 pot diesel, but yet the engine is very silent. At the higher part of the rev range it does get a bit gruff, but does not really sound bad or strained.

Now as far as handling is concerned, the BMW wins hands down, but that does not mean the Accord is far behind. It sure can keep up well and is quite chuckable and you would be surprised how much damn grip it has. The Bimmer I've not really had a chance to push much so cannot give a fair comparison on this and on the acceleration flat out.

But when it comes to overtaking, today I was pressing the accelerator in the Accord and waiting for the surge and effortless overtaking, along with the push back into the seat. It just wasn't there. I had to remind myself this was the Accord and press the accel that much more for another downshift. Even with 280 odd nm of torque it cannot match upto the BMW in traffic.

But does this mean the Accord is no longer fun to drive? Hell NO.
Old 11th October 2011, 22:35   #68
BHPian

@akshay

Was waiting for the comparo between your V6 and 3,
Well an oil burning torque monster cant be as free and smooth as an Rev-Happy V6 that too from Honda.

Loved the side by side pic

can you please same pic like that but with a good camera?
i suppose the above pic was clicked by a cellphone.

Also keep the corona lights ON and DRL ON on your accord will come out as an excellent pic.
Do it without flash and increase the appurture opening time.

Oh and just observed You take 3 as your lucky number or something ?
cause the plates of your accord and 3 both share last two digits as 3.
jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 01:23   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@akshay

Was waiting for the comparo between your V6 and 3,
Well an oil burning torque monster cant be as free and smooth as an Rev-Happy V6 that too from Honda.

Also keep the corona lights ON and DRL ON on your accord will come out as an excellent pic.
Do it without flash and increase the appurture opening time.

Oh and just observed You take 3 as your lucky number or something ?
cause the plates of your accord and 3 both share last two digits as 3.
Both have their own types of fun. Thats pretty much the conclusion.

I'll take that picture tomorrow

As for the numbers, well the Accord came with that number, and the car didn't give any problems or have any bad luck or anything, so decided that 3 is a good number and got something similar on the Bimmer so it matches. Getting 3333 again would have cost close to a lac.

600kms Report
Took the car for an 80km drive right now. The odo is almost at 600kms. Hopefully the car gods will forgive me for not running in the car properly. Took her to the double ton, was surprised at the ease with which it got there. Half throttle was good for 170-180, and man is it stable or what. You don't feel the speed at all. From there on took it to the double ton and then slowed down.

In sports mode the engine is a different beast altogether, the acceleration is awesome. The engine note changes, the accelerator becomes sensitive, the steering tightens and the gearbox holds onto gears and shifts harder. Its a nice feeling.

Also now after 600kms, the ride at 30psi is okayish, better than earlier. Just need to be a little careful otherwise it is totally manageable. Any regrets? Nope NONE at all. I'm making full use of the iDrive and all. Couldn't figure out the auto wipers lol, it rained in Bombay.

Overall anyone looking for a great drivers car, please look no further, get your cheque books out (or cash, whatever floats your boat) and book the 3. Good prices, good car, what more can you ask for?

I can't wait to finish the rest of the run in now. I so wanna take the car on a nice long drive all the while in sports mode and redline it at every chance I get.
Old 12th October 2011, 08:31   #70
BHPian

Great purchase akshay1234! Was there an annual service plan offered by the dealership?
Old 12th October 2011, 11:23   #71
BHPian

@akshay1234 switch the DSC off and shift in sport mode and go on a hily road,with good surface,lots of curve
Old 12th October 2011, 14:11   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblue View Post
Great purchase akshay1234! Was there an annual service plan offered by the dealership?
Read the 2nd page, I've written about BSI which is the service plan for 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
@akshay1234 switch the DSC off and shift in sport mode and go on a hily road,with good surface,lots of curve
No thanks Let me get some practice on normal roads before I act suicidal and go to the hills.
Old 12th October 2011, 14:28   #73
Senior - BHPian

Akshay, was eagerly waiting for the comparo between the 3 and the V6 Accord. Nice comparo there. Down the line, as you keep shuffling between the two, do add pointers to this thread.

So, lemme ask you this - On a given day (which has an E-Way run in it), which keys would you rather pick?
Old 12th October 2011, 14:49   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Akshay, was eagerly waiting for the comparo between the 3 and the V6 Accord. Nice comparo there. Down the line, as you keep shuffling between the two, do add pointers to this thread.

So, lemme ask you this - On a given day (which has an E-Way run in it), which keys would you rather pick?
I definitely will keep adding pointers. Also I drove the Accord through chock a block traffic so I think I would have got irritated in any car. It was just an early comparo, but I will be able to make a more certain one after a few weeks. Hell if we do get a TSI then it will be an extra interesting comparo

To answer your question? At this point I'd have to say the BMW just because its newer and I look for every opportunity to take it out.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 15:08   #75
BHPian

When we guys will see the war between three beasts(Beemer,TSI and V6),that would be an interesting comparo,as all three are drivers delight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks