Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:38   #166
SDP
Team-BHP Support

What was the issue with clutch? and was it replaced under warranty?
Old 25th August 2013, 13:17   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
What was the issue with clutch? and was it replaced under warranty?
The clutch was super hard and I had been driving the same since beginning oct 11. I did not know that new vehicles had such a light clutch until I drove a 2012 model . So I told them about it ad they replaced the entire assembly and now the vehicle has amazingly light clutch.

Seriously want to upgrade ice with stock HU at 30 to 35 k..easy on sub or no sub ..what are options that I have...

Last edited by noopster : 25th August 2013 at 22:52. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 13:52   #168
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - Loaded with chrome - first in Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
Seriously want to upgrade ice with stock HU at 30 to 35 k..easy on sub or no sub ..what are options that I have...
Go to Driven in east of kailash and ask for Rana. Tell him Nitin with XUV recommended you here, he will solve all your problems.

Get front comps, 4 chl amp and a Sub. Please try to have a sub as it make a wonder with low end frequency. Maybe go for a low cost ones which would cost you around 4-5k.

Let me know if you have any concerns or questions.
Old 25th August 2013, 21:09   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Go to Driven in east of kailash and ask for Rana. Tell him Nitin with XUV recommended you here, he will solve all your problems.

Get front comps, 4 chl amp and a Sub. Please try to have a sub as it make a wonder with low end frequency. Maybe go for a low cost ones which would cost you around 4-5k.

Let me know if you have any concerns or questions.
Thanks bro.. What's the possibility of comps in all 4 doors with a 4channel amp and then sub plus mono amp as you are suggesting.. Also if I stretch a little for above ..do I get all Jbls or focal types ...
May be 6 months later would stack it up with audison like your super pro system .
Old 25th August 2013, 22:26   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro.. What's the possibility of comps in all 4 doors with a 4channel amp and then sub plus mono amp as you are suggesting.. Also if I stretch a little for above ..do I get all Jbls or focal types ...
May be 6 months later would stack it up with audison like your super pro system .
Yes you can add comps on all 4 doors and run them with 4 chl amp. You also have an option to add comps in front, and coax at back. This way what you can do is use 2 chls to run front comps and rest 2 to bridge and run sub. Coax at the back can be left alone with system power running it. This is only suggested if you dont have passengers at the back that much and most of the time alone or a single passenger in front.

With your 30K budget, you can very well have JBLs anf Focals, however you also get Hertz, Audisons (new in comps but they are good) and entry level Morel's. My fav's are Morel's anyday. They are warm in sound signature. Hertz and JBL's are more of bright. So have a listen, everyone has their own preferences.
nitinralli is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 06:34   #171
BHPian

Well did upgrade stage 1...
Added
Rainbow DL 6.2 Comp front
Rainbow DL X6 Coax rear
Digital Designs 4 ch amp
Audison convertor
Dampmat front and rear
Cabling and installation etc

Total blow 51k
Still need to add sub plus amp
Also feel the need for audison processor as the atock HU is pulling the whole melody down..
Advice in sub plus mono HQ and processor pls
Old 29th August 2013, 00:11   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well did upgrade stage 1...
Added
Rainbow DL 6.2 Comp front
Rainbow DL X6 Coax rear
Digital Designs 4 ch amp
Audison convertor
Dampmat front and rear
Cabling and installation etc

Total blow 51k
Still need to add sub plus amp
Also feel the need for audison processor as the atock HU is pulling the whole melody down..
Advice in sub plus mono HQ and processor pls
Well it looks like you went to Driven, is it?

If you want to add processor, then Audison is one of the best available in the market rightnow. There are others too but i am not sure about there prices. Tried and tested is Audison.

For sub, well since you got rainbow all around, then go for Rainbow sub as well. ID used to be the best when they were available but now they are discontinued hence you would not get new, but can get a second ones.

To run them, you dont have to go for mono as a mandate. You can either go for a 2 chl amp and run them bridge. This will cost you less than a mono. As per me, mono is best suited if you go for a high end sub like morel ultimate, ID max other top of the line. But as i said its your choice. I would still suggest you for a 2 chl amp.

Let me know if you need any-other help. Any ways lets try and catch up with our XUV's someday. I am out traveling rightnow so maybe next week we can meetup.

Cheers.
Old 29th September 2013, 21:31   #173
BHPian

Quote:

Well it looks like you went to Driven, is it?

If you want to add processor, then Audison is one of the best available in the market rightnow. There are others too but i am not sure about there prices. Tried and tested is Audison.

For sub, well since you got rainbow all around, then go for Rainbow sub as well. ID used to be the best when they were available but now they are discontinued hence you would not get new, but can get a second ones.

To run them, you dont have to go for mono as a mandate. You can either go for a 2 chl amp and run them bridge. This will cost you less than a mono. As per me, mono is best suited if you go for a high end sub like morel ultimate, ID max other top of the line. But as i said its your choice. I would still suggest you for a 2 chl amp.

Let me know if you need any-other help. Any ways lets try and catch up with our XUV's someday. I am out traveling rightnow so maybe next week we can meetup.

Cheers.
Bro looking at 25 to 35 k budget for mono plus sub..but want purely SQ and none of spl ..pls guide
How is JBL GTO751 EZ or Sony GTR 3301 D amp both mono with 1100w rms power ..
Old 1st October 2013, 12:06   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Been away for a while:

1. Cltuch replaced..is butter smooth now

2. the silver box blows up again...needs replacement as the ICE goes kaput after every 15- 20 min and has to be resbooted...

3. need to get wind shield changed .. 5 months back while driving on Taj expressway , a pebble made a small spot which has been spreading and is a 2 feet long crack now ...
the authorized bodyshop is asking for 15 k , whereas windshield experts are will to do it at 8.9k

4. Insurance due in october.. 3rd year zero dep wold cost 22 k after NCB and discount from TATA AIG
2. Silver box changed under warranty, no issues now
3. got windshield changed at windshield experts for 8.7k (15k quoted by SDworkshop)
4. Zero Dep from ICICI Lombard at 20.5k renewed
Old 21st October 2013, 23:55   #175
BHPian

Done with 40k kms service, total expense Rs 10k

Name:  ForumRunner_20131021_235451.png
Views: 3621
Size:  343.9 KB
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2013, 14:40   #176
Senior - BHPian

Just wish to know if your alloys were official Mahindra accessory or off the shelf from outside market?

What all other designs are available with Mahindra in case you know?
Old 24th December 2013, 16:45   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Just wish to know if your alloys were official Mahindra accessory or off the shelf from outside market?

What all other designs are available with Mahindra in case you know?
These are official accessory. However there is one more design offered by Mahindra, but i like this one the most. Nowadays you get more options in the market, so do check that out as well.
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2014, 23:51   #178
BHPian

Hi
No updates for the past couple of months. How is XUV performing
Old 19th May 2014, 00:43   #179
Senior - BHPian

Yes Pankaj, you need to update bout your headlight bulbs and tyres. Though i know it, but rest of the people wants to know so please update.

Last edited by nitinralli : 19th May 2014 at 00:45.
Old 22nd May 2014, 20:49   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Pankaj, you need to update bout your headlight bulbs and tyres. Though i know it, but rest of the people wants to know so please update.
Hi Nitin and Cosmo , yup been away for a while. Xuv is doing just fine. Clocked 49 k, due for service. Bulbs are ok so far . Got windshield and front bumper replaced under zero dep.
FE is 15 kmpl +. Really impressive i must say.
Comfort : I have a chauffeur now so the back seat is amazing with recline and front left seat flattening to give you lazy boy like leg rest. It seriously does not have a contender for the space and recliner like comfort in the mid seat ( let's not talk innova)
Tyres: the front ones good for another 15 k easily , rear ones 10k.

That's an exciting expense coming up . Thinking between Geolander, Apollo hawks or Bridgestone.
In a rare frenzy of enthusiasm i may even get michellin but that'd be madness. At 17 k per tyre.
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks