Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2011, 15:35   #106
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - Loaded with chrome - first in Delhi

When I had gone for the test drive I heard a SA telling another customer that bull bars cannot be installed as Mahindra has not given an provision for mounting them.
Old 18th November 2011, 16:31   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
When I had gone for the test drive I heard a SA telling another customer that bull bars cannot be installed as Mahindra has not given an provision for mounting them.
I was informed the same when I asked about the Bull Bar availability in accessory list.
Old 18th November 2011, 16:36   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, installing bull bars on XUV is not recommended as it is a monocoque body construction and not ladder on frame. To install Bull bars, you will need to weld / drill holes in the underbody chassis components which can be highly damaging to the overall structural strength of the body. Also, if a steel bull bar is installed, it will transmit damage to components not intended to take the brunt and will actually cause more damage than without (as Monocoque bodies have defined crumple zones). Please avoid bull bars (at least the metal kind)!

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 18th November 2011, 21:46   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Personally Im against Bull bars, but Ill be closely observing ur beasts snaps before i decide on any alterations
Well I too would second that! But how does one protect the expensive bumpers from the crazy/ rash auto's and bikers who have little regard for life and limb! Dont get me wrong- I'm a hard core biker. Is it just me or have you'll noticed that they are nowdays ridding in the middle of the roads!!!
Old 19th November 2011, 01:41   #110
Senior - BHPian

Pankaj, did receive any holiday package from mahindra? I was told that you would get a club mahindra package so wanted to confirm with you. If so, what all places were included in it?
Old 19th November 2011, 02:14   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
I was informed the same when I asked about the Bull Bar availability in accessory list.
They may not be well aware. Its already installed on quite a few XUvs in Delhi. See the image attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - Loaded with chrome - first in Delhi-20111118_175817.jpg  

rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2011, 12:26   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Pankaj, did receive any holiday package from mahindra? I was told that you would get a club mahindra package so wanted to confirm with you. If so, what all places were included in it?
Yes I have received the voucher.
But Iam Club Mahindra Red 1BR member already from last 4 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
These vouchers are aways ridiculous, as you have to give 5 preferences and dates , how can one plan like that for
lets say a by air destination like goa from delhi, by the time you will get confirmation the ticket would either be sold or too expensive... may be some people do manage. Secondly choice of resorts in always mediocre (e.g it has Goa Jasmin and not Goa Varca resort) in the list.

When I do my annual holiday at Goa Varca ( not in coupon ) which is best property of mahindra (for which i bought membership in the 1st place) situated between radisson, taj , leela and ramada cluster and I book my air tickets at least 3-4 months prior. So I seriously do not believe in coupon concept for long distance local holiday, maybe nearby hill holiday can be chosen from coupon which again has season exclusion caveat , rendering it worthless from your choice of timing and place. Wish I could give my coupon to someone but its non tranferrable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
They may not be well aware. Its already installed on quite a few XUvs in Delhi. See the image attached.
I updated my relationship manager about it and he chuckled after initially denying availability and later confirmed yes sir we have it.
He compliments that I stay ahead of him about his products.
price is 3500 - at par with xylo and scorp rate

[quote=nitinralli;2567885]So did you take care of these 2 issues yet? What was the problem told by SA?

Another issue the handbrake/brake light (2 red icons) flash and
message comes on screen
"front brake pads worn out, drive at reduced speed, contact mahindra service centre"
Called up RM and he asked to bring the car to workshop, it must be brake oile seal etc

Last edited by GTO : 8th December 2011 at 15:33. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 24th November 2011, 14:16   #113
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
Another issue the handbrake/brake light (2 red icons) flash and
message comes on screen
"front brake pads worn out, drive at reduced speed, contact mahindra service centre"
Called up RM and he asked to bring the car to workshop, it must be brake oile seal etc
Please check brake fluid level and top up if needed.
Old 28th November 2011, 01:18   #114
BHPian

I have used my Scorpio with a bullbar for 5 yrs in Mumbai. Since I have been using the XUV i really feel the need of the rear bullbar! Reasons best suited for me are:

1) In SUV the car behind is almost blind and cant anticipate sudden braking in series of cars ahead, as all it can see the SUV in front of it. A sudden braking of the XUV takes the driver behind by surprise might not have enough time or experience to stop on time and may ram into the XUV causing the rear fiber and paint to give away! I am sure its expensive as the one for scorpio was some 6-7K

2) With all 4 disk brakes the car has the potential to stop instantly and is more vulnerable to rear accidents.

3) The rear window of XUV is almost blind and the guard can be a safety when your backing up cause the sensors are not 100% reliable.

These are my reasons. I havnt studied the fitment to the body but as far as the crash crumble zone is concerned its more for the front and the rear guard really helps for small bangs in Mumbai traffic more than a truck running into u! ( i guess thats when the air bags come handy :P )
moleculez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 15:01   #115
BHPian

Do you, by any chance, work in the Cyber City area? I thought I saw your car the other day zipping by

Also, parked next to another XUV this morning. We're finally beginning to see a lot of XUVs on the road here in Gurgaon. I can't wait for Mahindra to open the bookings for the next batch.
Old 14th December 2011, 15:11   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Please check brake fluid level and top up if needed.
I went to the workshop and they changed the brake pads (citing erronous sensors attached), I could see the sensors attached with each one of them (wierd looking!).
However after driving for few kms the msg started flashing again.
The manager apologized and said it needs a software flashing (which I had enquired in morning and he had turned it down)
Also he said team at Mahindra is working to sort it out may be some other way too establishing the cause.

The gear oil has been changed and gearshift is quite slick now.

Overall Iam loving this vehicle more and more, no complaints

Last edited by Pankaj_Ahlawat : 14th December 2011 at 15:13.
Old 26th December 2011, 14:28   #117
BHPian

Did you happen to drive down to Pune?
I think I saw your car parked outside my house, this morning and has been there over night. Gurgaon Number, same wheels...so I am assuming its, you.
If you have sometime this evening, do PM, me mine is the Red skoda at the end of the lane with tBhp stickers. I would love to have check out the car
And congratulations !
Old 26th December 2011, 15:45   #118
BHPian

Just curious, what mileage are the W8 owners getting? I'm getting no more than 11-11.5 kmpl on highway at a speed of 80-110 kmph. This seems on the lower side to me, so just wanted to check.
Old 26th December 2011, 17:44   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Just curious, what mileage are the W8 owners getting? I'm getting no more than 11-11.5 kmpl on highway at a speed of 80-110 kmph. This seems on the lower side to me, so just wanted to check.
I have done only 550+ Kms. all of them in Delhi City driving. Yet to drive enough to do Tank to Tank testing but DID is fluctuating between 12.5 to 13.9 KMPL. For me it is an amazing city mileage for a vehicle of this size.
Old 26th December 2011, 17:54   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Did you happen to drive down to Pune?
I think I saw your car parked outside my house, this morning and has been there over night. Gurgaon Number, same wheels...so I am assuming its, you.
If you have sometime this evening, do PM, me mine is the Red skoda at the end of the lane with tBhp stickers. I would love to have check out the car
And congratulations !
Hi Nanu,

This may well be our XUV which you have spotted in Pune! (number is HR26 XX 7799?)! My Bro is driving from Gurgaon to Goa with the XUV, via Pune.

He really wanted to take it on an impromptu long drive, he is really enjoying it so much - Overall it will cover around 4000 Kms in these 10 days.

Regards,
Behemoth

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks