Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2011, 18:00   #121
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV 500 - Moondust Silver - Loaded with chrome - first in Delhi

Yep,
Its that one, the HR26. I think he took a night hault right next door...
Anyway, I was drooling all over it everytime I passed it, I think it would be gone when I get home today. :(

It looked really nice, I saw it and got reminded it of this thread as I had read it a few days ago and remembered the wheels and chrome bits, Hence posted.

Anyway Congrats on the beauty

Last edited by GTO : 10th February 2012 at 23:15. Reason: STRICTLY no more than 2 smileys per post please
Old 27th December 2011, 16:18   #122
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 10th February 2012 at 23:15.
Old 9th February 2012, 15:12   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
I went to the workshop and they changed the brake pads (citing erronous sensors attached), I could see the sensors attached with each one of them (wierd looking!).
However after driving for few kms the msg started flashing again.
The manager apologized and said it needs a software flashing (which I had enquired in morning and he had turned it down)
Also he said team at Mahindra is working to sort it out may be some other way too establishing the cause.

The gear oil has been changed and gearshift is quite slick now.

Overall Iam loving this vehicle more and more, no complaints
The issue is completely GONE now.. occassionally ABS orange light still flashes
Old 9th February 2012, 19:40   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The issue is completely GONE now.. occassionally ABS orange light still flashes
Hey pankaj, did you get the gear oil changed to synthetic one? If so, where you charged for it or was it free? Thinking of getting mine done too this week.
Old 10th February 2012, 06:57   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hey pankaj, did you get the gear oil changed to synthetic one? If so, where you charged for it or was it free? Thinking of getting mine done too this week.
Well they did not charge anything for gear oil.
The service cost me 2k plus 1k for glazing to get new vehicle effect.
Old 12th February 2012, 19:09   #126
BHPian

We have seen that W8's media console has much more features when compared to W6's media center. We all have good reviews of W8's both from the W8 owners and M&M, but we hardly got any reviews from W6. It would be good if owners like Pankaj and Mannubhai can write about a small review about what all features are available in W6's media center with some pictures, One of the doubts I have is can we connect the reverse camera to the screen on the center console even if it is monochrome. All we have install one additional reverse camera monitor, I saw this in the official accessories list. I think M&M should be able to provide an option where buyer should be given an option to upgrade the monochrome screen to color screen at least.
Old 21st February 2012, 15:18   #127
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pankaj,

Belated congratulations for your new Mahindra XUV 5OO. A very good looking SUV IMO and I would have bought it right away if I had ample parking space at home :(

Wishing you happy and safe driving!

BTW I spotted your car at Neta Ji Subhash Place parking today, recognized it easily because of the alloys design. Do you work at NSP as photos on first page are also of same place?

I was there today at CCD to meet my friend.

Last edited by bluevolt : 21st February 2012 at 15:26.
Old 19th March 2012, 15:55   #128
BHPian

Did a jaipur trip on the weekend
passenger 8 adults + 3 kids 2- 6 yrs

Ride reported comfortable, even the last seat passengers said they could not feel the 130 kmph speed on the highway. I had a good time too in the driver seat.
Meandering through the lazy swarm of big trailers on the NH8 was a breeze , occassionally negotiating the rough patches on the road sides to overtake them from left. Considering such [FONT=Tms Rmn]
maneuvers [/FONT]give you fatigue, still we arrived back with lesser than expected levels of it- infact quite impressive for less than 16 hrs stay with lot of activity in it.
Total journey one way apprx 280 kms- time taken - around 6hrs one way.
Toll Plazas operational = 4 . Shahpura and the one after that are crazy on return journey especially, as it looks like all the trucks from entire India want to get into Delhi and exterminate the human race there - (terminator 3 - rise of the machines feeling: ! ). I even wonder why its called a national highway - it should be called " National Truckway - 8".
The passengers were feeling claustrophobic as I would pass between endless walls of trucks some parked and remaining covering every lane availaible.
I sure aint going Jaipur "highway" cruising in the near future.

Techincal glitch- cruise control would refuse to engage, called the RM, he couldnt help. Did the desi thing- switched off engine and restarted- didn`t work, tried 2nd time - did not work. 3rd time switched HU off too and restarted after lunch break and got it back..on return journey the gremlins kept the cruise off for no particular reason and all measures failed, except for one instance and thats about it for finger happy driving which is otherwise lot of fun.

Considering GPS now and thinking of getting mapmyindia lifetime subscription for my galaxy note for 2.7k rather than going for an aftermarket screen installation on my W6. any views on this and any discounts/other options etc? it is worth buying and does it map the shortest / most rational route on our sporadic indian road network?

Also want to get better sepaker system , not sure how far XUV fraternity has gone on this front seeing the ICE for XUV thread but no pics and the exact price of each component. I have mounted rooftop DVD from dealer which workd ok with avi format and gets sound in speakers through FM TX at 88.6 Mhz

Cheers

Last edited by Pankaj_Ahlawat : 19th March 2012 at 16:09.
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 16:53   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Did a jaipur trip on the weekend
passenger 8 adults + 3 kids 2- 6 yrs

Techincal glitch- cruise control would refuse to engage, called the RM, he couldnt help. Did the desi thing- switched off engine and restarted- didn`t work, tried 2nd time - did not work. 3rd time switched HU off too and restarted after lunch break and got it back..on return journey the gremlins kept the cruise off for no particular reason and all measures failed, except for one instance and thats about it for finger happy driving which is otherwise lot of fun.

Cheers
Hi Pankaj. Thanks for your ride report. I did a 300 km trip recently and faced a similar issue of the cruise control shutting off. I eventually resorted to the good old manual accelerator.

Regarding GPS. It works well for the highways and is simply a pain within the city. It tries to take you through the least desired routes. Nothing beats the old way of asking the auto walas. Infact I found Google maps to be much better in terms of directions and navigation.
Old 19th March 2012, 17:34   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
Hi Pankaj. Thanks for your ride report. I did a 300 km trip recently and faced a similar issue of the cruise control shutting off. I eventually resorted to the good old manual accelerator.

Regarding GPS. It works well for the highways and is simply a pain within the city. It tries to take you through the least desired routes. Nothing beats the old way of asking the auto walas. Infact I found Google maps to be much better in terms of directions and navigation.
I feel I made right judgement cancelling W8 and going for W6, cause its a pain when the premium features dont work and becomes embarrassing too infront of the mesmerized audience ogling the vehicle.

On latter point , I feel then I am not going for any subscription.. long live our "happy to help" people of India with or without the subject knowledge.
Old 19th March 2012, 18:14   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
Thats the best we have in India in my opinion. I have been using MMI for sometime (no expert, but experienced a few we have in India including gmaps) and I have found it useful almost all the time, exceptions are there for everything, a couple times it led me via some interior routes and something which was not at all practical. However, in a country like India you cant blindly go by GPS where we have roads, one-ways, streets chanigng shapes and names every few days. You gotta be in country like US if you want to do that. This has helped me lead the route most of the time, taking by-pass on all my highway trips, most of the time while passing thru the cities, and in least favorable conditions, helps you make educated guesses.

Quote:
I feel I made right judgement cancelling W8 and going for W6, cause its a pain when the premium features dont work and becomes embarrassing too infront of the mesmerized audience ogling the vehicle.

On latter point , I feel then I am not going for any subscription.. long live our "happy to help" people of India with or without the subject knowledge.
Yes, thinking in that same direction, I booked W6. Its strange to see that these electrical and some very obvious to fix issues are still present in the second lot of delivery! shouldnt have they worked and fixed them already!
Old 19th March 2012, 19:56   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also want to get better sepaker system , not sure how far XUV fraternity has gone on this front seeing the ICE for XUV thread but no pics and the exact price of each component. I have mounted rooftop DVD from dealer which workd ok with avi format and gets sound in speakers through FM TX at 88.6 Mhz

Cheers
Hi Pankaj, here's something for you in terms of ICE for XUV.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...00-iced-3.html

I totally agree with you the reason for going for W6, and thats exactly mine too. I went for W6 as i wanted as little "so called gadgets" from Mahindra as possible. Infact they would have come out with W4 with less bling, i would have gone for that with my eyes closed

I recently did a trip to Jaisalmer and had to through Jaipur, and boy is NH8 getting worse or what. It used to be a delight earlier to drive down to Jaipur for a short trip and enjoy the roads, but not any more. Infact i have to deal with this traffic everyday as my office is in Manesar and traffic after manesar toll is totally different
Old 20th March 2012, 19:24   #133
BHPian

Wow - becoming another thread for raining W6 (all because of single reason that too many jazzy features of W8 are still not stable).
Same for me too , when I bought mine W6 Black. Already did 800 odd kms in last 15 days. Already upgraded ICE, spent almost 36K (4 speakers, Hi-Low Convertor, Amplifier).

Now, 2 trips in April are in pipeline.

a. Going to Mashobra on 6-7-8 April.
b. Going to Spiti from 21-29 April.

Can't wait to hit hills on my Black Baby !!
Old 21st March 2012, 10:26   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Wow - becoming another thread for raining W6 (all because of single reason that too many jazzy features of W8 are still not stable).
Same for me too , when I bought mine W6 Black. Already did 800 odd kms in last 15 days. Already upgraded ICE, spent almost 36K (4 speakers, Hi-Low Convertor, Amplifier)

Now, 2 trips in April are in pipeline.

a. Going to Mashobra on 6-7-8 April.
b. Going to Spiti from 21-29 April.

Can't wait to hit hills on my Black Baby !!
how can i view you setup, any pics/link
and lemme guess you going to clubmahindra gables- mashobra on the goodfriday long weekend

Last edited by Pankaj_Ahlawat : 21st March 2012 at 10:33.
Old 21st March 2012, 11:50   #135
BHPian

Quote:
how can i view you setup, any pics/link
and lemme guess you going to clubmahindra gables- mashobra on the goodfriday long weekend
Well, I know from your posts that you stay in Rohini & I normally go to Rohini Sec-16 on sundays (my in-laws stay there) while coming back from Rohtak (that's my home town).

For Mashobra - your guess is wrong. I own a motorcycle club for Royal Enfields. We call ourselves - Bike Blazers. We are celebrating our 5th Anniversary this April. So, booked a small jungle resort there. 20 people going there either on their bullets, or in cars.
Should be a fun to click my first luv - Bullets with XUV. Now, I am a proud owner of Royal Enfield Classic 500 & Mahindra XUV 5OO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks