Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2011, 23:51   #31
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Turbohead congrats on your rapidly delivered Rapid.
With such a good review how can you miss on the photos. Waiting for the photos. Has Skoda providing Skoda shield on Rapid and have you purchased it? Is Skoda offering any extended warranty like VW on its Vento with its 2+2 yrs, as Skoda's after sales are not that good.
Skoda Shield (Insurance + 2 Years W+RSA)# : 27778

# (W-Warranty,RSA-Road Side Assistance, EW not available for Rapid)

This is as per Gurudev Motors, Chennai. Please let me know if this is indeed right or if Extended Warranty is available.

Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 03:52   #32
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Turbo Head on the Rapid delivery! Awaiting more details, and the ownership review is so incomplete without the mandatory pictures
Old 24th November 2011, 04:26   #33
BHPian

Congrtas! And welcome to the Veedubh family....

Rapid breathes a spike of fresh air into the Vento and allows VW a new lease of mid variant life. How is the quality of the interior? Is the dash soft plastic?
Old 24th November 2011, 05:01   #34
BHPian

Congrats for the new car, wishing you a happy and safe million miles with it. Are you planning on any mods for the new baby? Please share it with us.

Is the spare wheel an alloy or the same ones as in Ambition variant?
Old 24th November 2011, 06:38   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Congrats on the First Rapid Purchase on TBHP. please post some Pics ASAP. PLease post your dealership experience, PDI and delivery process too.

How did the car feel to drive ?
Thanks scopriobharath, Will surely give details asap.
Car feels very well planted, it has minimal turbo lag at lower rpm and shoots like rocket once passed 2000-2500 rpm, party continues till 3500 rpm (I have not exceeded more than 3500 rpm yet). Rest will update the detailed test drive once back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish82 View Post
First Rapid in Team-bhp. My Hearty congratulations. Also please provide the photos and reviee ASAP. its a very good choice indeed. I also liked it more than the Vento, i somehow felt polo looked better than the vento.
Even I never thought it will be first on T-Bhp, Thanks for making me feel special, though this one is first in Delhi-NCR (probably first in North India).
Pics and review coming very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Congrats again on the Rapid.
Awaiting the pics as yours is the first ownership report here!

Cheers!
Thanks volkman10

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
pics? I am waiting for them
Coming very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Very rapid buying procedure indeed. Now please upload photos rapidly.
Was it Giriraj which had a lot of bad reviews for servicing?
Maybe its same, having very pleasant experience so far, fingers are crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
This was a Rapid review of a Rapidly delivered Rapid

Please post some pictures of the same, delivery in 2 weeks is good as i like car to be at my doorstep as soon as i pay my portion of the amount (Maggi kids you see). Rapid sure looks better then its sibling (surprisingly same is the case with Laura/Jetta). Sometime it makes you wonder which one is premium.
Thanks Mayank, yup it was indeed quick, You are correct, I could see lot of Laura owner fishily staring the beauty from sideways in traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
congratulation for your new purchase!

please post some pictures as soon as possible. please also share your impressions about comparision between Rapid and Vento in detail. what was the OTR cost of vehicle?
Thanks infotech58, comparison will come soon, OTR was 10.47 lacs with Delhi registration, Gurgaon registration was 50k cheaper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Congrats on your new Skoda Rapid!! Enjoy!! No review is complete without pictures so waiting!!

And sorry for nitpicking!!
But BMW-Its wrongly assumed to be a rotating propeller!! Its actually the colours of the Bavarian (Bavarian Motor Works) flag!!
Audi-Is not concentric circles, its 4 intersecting circles!!
I know i deserve two of these!! Hehe!!

Anyway!! Wishing you many happy miles!!! Its a beautiful car!! Cant wait for pics!!
Thanks rangakishen for your wishes and information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats on your "Rapid Resolve" Turbo Head and what more, the First one at it!!

Looking forward for a detailed and 'Less Rapid' Review of ur Stead with loads of snaps.
Thanks Vik0728, pics will come very soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Many congratulations on being the first Skoda Rapid owner on TBHP . Wish you many happy miles with it. Do post pics when you can.

A quick question. Being a Vento TDI owner myself, I would love to hear from you your perception on noise levels both inside and outside the Rapid when compared to the Vento since you have experienced both during your buying process. How much is the noise level reduced in the Rapid when compared to the Vento? Can you quantify it in terms of percentage?
Thanks Samarjit, Actually its bit difficult (and subjective) to describe the NVH level. TD vehicle (Vento) are generally abused ones and comparing it with new Rapid won't be justified, but still Rapid must be atleast 50% more silent as compared to Vento (TD car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Congratualtions on the Rapid. Sure seems to be a "Rapid" delivery! I'm yet to take a TD of the car. Not that I am in the market for one, but you know how we autoholics are .

Drive safe, enjoy the car to the fullest and do update us with lots of details. Afterall, this is probably the first Rapid on the forum.

Oh yes, where are the pictures? Not fair. At least a teaser would have done!
Thanks Swanand, teaser pic coming right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats on the new Skoda Rapid and rapid report. Waiting for pictures.

Happy and Safe Motoring.
Thanks RGK

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Congrats! That's a super rapid thread on the Rapid! Wish you many happy kilometres with it. But, post the pics asap. People are getting impatient with no pics!
Thanks W.A.G.7. Pics will surely come very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Congratulations to you for owning the first Rapid on the Forum.

Looking forward to more information from the users PoV. Happy Motoring.

Hope to spot a TBHP stickered Rapid on the Delhi roads soon.
Thanks Sugeeta.
Turbo Head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 07:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Wow.. That was pretty quick. Congrats on the first ever Skoda Rapid on Team BHP.

It is hard to imagine what all you were doing in those "5 hours".

Pics buddy?
Thanks MAS, those 5 Hrs felt like months to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Congrats Rapid,

What was even more incredible is the speed of decision and the processing of loans etc.

You ofcourse owe us a detailed review and snaps and have to go a lot beyound the buying experience.

Being among the first owners of this car you are sure to get a lot of admiring and curious glaces on the road.
Thanks ACM, Glares are inevitable, and for that matter, thoroughly enjoyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congrats Turbo Head!Truly Rapid process throughout; Decision to Delivery. The Rapid does make a lot of sense at the price point when compared to Vento, Verna and new Fiesta diesels.

How were you allowed to post ownership report without photos? Do that RAPIDly too.
Thanks Ajay, Pics are coming very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Congrats Turbo Head!

I am very glad to note that your views are exactly matching our test drive experience in the pre-production cars.

It is a thoroughly enjoyable car, you are going to have a great time with it. The ride comfort above 40kmph made even a SUV owner like me go green with envy.
Thanks Samurai, I believe its an excellent choice and your review helped a lot in taking the final decision, thanks for the excellent review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally View Post
congrats once again turbohead. how did you manage to get all the mentioned things done in 5hrs (especially the loan formalities and approvals and the PDI!!!). please update on the process in detail and of course the quintessential snaps of the "all new skoda rapid". stop drooling and start posting turbohead!
Thanks Smally, having contacts in local bank helps (in approving the loan) and friend helped in making the availability. Also full credit to the dealer for making the delivery just 30 mins affair (all papers were ready before I reached). Entire team was instrumental throughout the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Turbohead congrats on your rapidly delivered Rapid.
With such a good review how can you miss on the photos. Waiting for the photos. Has Skoda providing Skoda shield on Rapid and have you purchased it? Is Skoda offering any extended warranty like VW on its Vento with its 2+2 yrs, as Skoda's after sales are not that good.
Thanks el lobo 6061, Skoda shield is very good and must have, alas same is not offered on Rapid yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Whoa! The very first Rapid to be delivered to a bhpian i presume ? Congrats and wish you many safe miles in your new car!

I'm sure you're a man who hates to delay things quick delivery, even quicker ownership report! Rapid is sure to serve you well for many years, just take care of her and i'm sure she'll never disappoint.

PS: No report is complete without pics, so please post a few asap!
Thanks Shashank, pics will follow very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Congratulations !!!
I will track this thread for all your initial ownership reports. I had gone to Skoda showroom last week end to check out the Rapid. Loved the rear leg room, comfort of all the seats and pricing. Unfortunately i could not get a test drive , will try this week end.
Thanks sumeshmani, Its worth going for detailed TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Congrats on the buy!

It is a very good product...And the color choice you made is spot on. CB suits the Rapid best!

I have a few questions, hope you can help;

What is the coverage(Kms/Years) of the skoda shield? Sorry Skoda shield in not yet offered

Any discounts? (Since you were in touch with the owner/ You can PM me if you like)
No discounts, Rapid delivery was only discount I could ask for
How is the pickup when compared to the cruze? (Both are in different leagues still)
Cruze is no doubt more powerful machine, however it suffers from huge turbolag as low rpm, which is almost negligible in Rapid. Also it gives you sufficient punch to give you goosebumps from 2500 rpm onwards.

How is the handling of the vehicle? Since you have owned a swift I am eagerly awaiting to hear about the FTD factor.

Not driven much yet, still there is nothing to complain about handling, though I would have loved the fully hydraulic steering as EPS steals the fun a bit, its very nimble/light at low speed (boon in tight spaces/parking lots) and feels better as speed increases. Took few tight corners at 80 kmph, never felt nervous, so overall its good.
Lastly: Where are the pics? (I am expecting loads of them since yours is the first one, don't leave out a single angle)

PS: Thanks in advance and enjoy the RAPID!

Anshuman, It would be good to know about your take on the Rapid!

Thanks Furebo, your replies in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
well done
this is an excellent car indeed - I saw it last week and frankly had I been in the market for a standard car, I would have definitely bought the Rapid. excellent choice made there! all the best.

Your Skoda Shield should give you 4 years 100K Kms warranty based on whichever comes earlier.
Thanks Shankar, Skoda shield in not offered yet :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Skoda Shield covers 2+2 years/1,00,000 kms. The last 2 years are covered by Bajaj Allianz insurance. Bajaj Allianz also covers BMW's maintenance plans.
Anshuman, Bajaj is not providing Skoda shield yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
Congrats, that was really a "RAPID" delivery
Which model have you bought and how much did it cost OTR.
Awaiting for review and picture.
Thanks Ankur, Its Rapid Elegance (Diesel) and cost is 10.47 lacs OTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Congrats Turbo Head, now Rapid can be bought online, via the Skoda website and car will be delivered to your doorstep. Follow the link for more info.BookRapid Skoda Auto -
Thanks Durango.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Congrats buddy for being the first proud owner of Rapid on tbhp.

Like quite a few others, I was amazed by how you managed all formalities of a loan in flat 5 hours.

Don't keep us waiting for the pics.

Enjoy and drive safe!
Thanks SDP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
This is indeed a nice car. What was the OTR price in Gurgaon ? I am assuming as you mentioned Giriraj Motors.

The Skodas are built to last. They have a great ride, and absolutely no reason to be much different than the European Cousins.

I am sure it will last long & well..

Unwanted advice - make the service advisor at the workshop your best friend.

Cheers
Thanks Ricky for your wishes and helpful advice
Old 24th November 2011, 07:26   #37
BHPian

As promised some teaser pics, please bear with the poor quality of mobile cam.

Coming straight out of VW assembly line
Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011112200070.jpg

Getting ready for PDI
Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011112200071.jpg

Rampuri Keys
Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011112200072.jpg

OEM Music system, not only looks but sounds great.
Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011112300074.jpg
Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011112300077.jpg

Delphi NAV200 (from previous Swift) found its place in new car
Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011112300080.jpg
Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011112300083.jpg

200kms done (no bar dipped yet), still 740 more to go
Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011112300087.jpg

53kmpl , even Skoda make mistakes
Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011112300090.jpg

Ahh..this one is bit more accurate
Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011112300093.jpg

213 done and still good for another 780, this car hardly sips any fuel, it just smells it
Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-img2011112300095.jpg
Turbo Head is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 07:52   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Thanks Samarjit, Actually its bit difficult (and subjective) to describe the NVH level. TD vehicle (Vento) are generally abused ones and comparing it with new Rapid won't be justified, but still Rapid must be atleast 50% more silent as compared to Vento (TD car).
Thanks Turbo Head for this info. I guess its a very sweet deal for you given the heart, bones and muscles of VW and the fine looks of the Skoda you are going to enjoy the car to the fullest, the bonus being the reduced noise levels.
Frankly the only beef I have with my Vento is sometimes the clatter of the engine becomes very high so much so that my wife commented that it sounds like a truck . Anyway I am working with the VW workshop guys to find some solution to it. Keep posting your driving experience with your new beauty.
Old 24th November 2011, 07:57   #39
BHPian

Quote:
As promised some teaser pics, please bear with the poor quality of mobile cam.
Lovely Car...

Its sure a Rapid delivery.

I must say an awesome choice of Colour. And it definitely looks better than its Twin from the front.
Old 24th November 2011, 08:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

That was quick man. Congratulations on your new ride. The color looks real good. Talk about fuel economy!! Some more pics. Ride Safe
Old 24th November 2011, 08:20   #41
BHPian

This probably is the instantaneous FE. Same as the Vento.

Quote:
Attachment 846787
Old 24th November 2011, 10:32   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
this car hardly sips any fuel, it just smells it
Attachment 846789
Ha ha ha, very well said....
Seems really fuel efficient.

BTW, that Delphi thing with toylike display and telephone chordlike wire looks really horrible in an otherwise beautiful cabin that's trademark skoda - elegant and understated. Get rid of that Delphi.

Cheers!
Old 24th November 2011, 11:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 846787

Ahh..this one is bit more accurate
Attachment 846788

Turbo Head, I almost called my wife and told her that Im picking up a "Skoda Rapid(ly)" as soon as I saw that bro!!!

Then, I scrolled down by mistake and cut the Call that I would have got thupped on!!!!
Old 24th November 2011, 11:12   #44
BHPian

Congrats TurboHead. The quality of the interiors seems great. 21.6 kpl whoa !

With such a great average and better NVH than the Vento, this one is gonna Rapid ly move out of the Skoda Showrooms
Old 24th November 2011, 11:20   #45
BHPian

Congratulations. Looks very "Elegant". I prefer the looks to the Vento. Looks more stately. The interior quality too seems to be nice. All the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks