Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2012, 00:55   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !

Vento has it, I beleive rapid will have it too. Skoda mentions rough road package in their other cars too and I hope it doesnt stop with just the paint and surface finish on the running board.

Though not an appropriate picture to showcase the underbody protection, please refer the pictures from accident thread of an toppled vento.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2623640

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hi TurboHead, can you confirm if the Rapid have the metal sheet to protect the underbody? The featurelist on the website says 'rough road package'. Just wanted to re-confirm.
Thanks!
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 18:43   #107
BHPian

Can any Rapid owner confirm the maximum size of speakers its front/back doors can take with/without modification and where one can install tweeters? Anything else regarding ICE install?
Old 17th January 2012, 12:17   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Well the Spider box is supposed to be advanced, but I would recommend Petes. I've used their box for over 90k kms without an issue. Spider does have different boxes for different cars but after reading a bit over here I think some dealers use the same boxes for different cars, which is not a good practice. Go for it, you will enjoy your car much more.
No Pete's box is available for Vento/Rapid duo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I am curious about how effective is the A/C for front and rear passengers. The rear A/C vent is one of the extra features Rapid has when compare to most of its competition....is it as ineffective as mentioned in the review?
I have not used it much courtesy dilli ki sardi, however large green area will surely hamper its cooling in peak summers, so planning to put some good sunfilms/shades to make it more effective. Rear A/C vent surely helps to keep the occupants at the back seat comfortable without increasing the speed of the blowers excessively (which otherwise is the case to throw the cool air at rear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitmoses View Post
Can fellow owners confirm if you can open the bonnet with the front right door closed? For some reason I am not able to. I am not sure if something has gone wrong after my ice install.
This is most useless/irritating thing I have encountered so far, yes you have to open the front door to pull the bonnet release lever. It is very irritating when you are parking/entrance of any good hotels/malls etc. They request you to open the bonnet for security reasons and one has to open the front door to release the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hi TurboHead, can you confirm if the Rapid have the metal sheet to protect the underbody? The featurelist on the website says 'rough road package'. Just wanted to re-confirm.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Vento has it, I beleive rapid will have it too. Skoda mentions rough road package in their other cars too and I hope it doesnt stop with just the paint and surface finish on the running board.

Though not an appropriate picture to showcase the underbody protection, please refer the pictures from accident thread of an toppled vento.

Thanks for the info, even I was not aware about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Can any Rapid owner confirm the maximum size of speakers its front/back doors can take with/without modification and where one can install tweeters? Anything else regarding ICE install?
Default size is 4" and sound quality is more than acceptable with tight punch and good midrange, though even I am looking for some suggestion to improve the same without altering the ergonomics of the car. I guess one may go for the best available 4" speakers (Rockford Fosgate), a good amplifier with 12" sub or basstube. No option of tweeters/rear speakers though.

Last edited by Turbo Head : 17th January 2012 at 12:19.
Old 17th January 2012, 16:10   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Thanks for the info, even I was not aware about it.
I know for sure my Rapid TDI Elegance doesn't have underbody protection below the engine (not sure about the rest of the car), I remember noticing it in the tyre shop when I was upsizing to the Yokohama S.Drives

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Quote:
Default size is 4" and sound quality is more than acceptable with tight punch and good midrange, though even I am looking for some suggestion to improve the same without altering the ergonomics of the car. I guess one may go for the best available 4" speakers (Rockford Fosgate), a good amplifier with 12" sub or basstube. No option of tweeters/rear speakers though.
Hi rsjaurr/Turbo Head,
Actually, I can confirm that the stock speakers in the Elegance were 6.5-inch. I know for sure because I've replaced my stock system with a Pioneer 2-Din unit & 6.5 inch Hertz Components (with tweeters of course). The tweeters can be mounted on the doors. Details and pictures here if you're interested (sorry to take the focus away from this thread, not my intention, just didn't want to copy paste a lot of info here): http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2618356
kryptonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 20:54   #110
BHPian

Thanks kryptonite and Turbo head. I'm asking because If I go for Rapid then it will be Ambition variant which doesn't come factory fitted ICE. I already have ICE installed in my Getz which will be shifted to new car with speaker size 6.5" for all doors. So my new car has to have stock location to accommodate my old speakers. There wont be problem in installing HU and tweeters which can installed on dashboard, A pillars or doors.
Old 14th February 2012, 16:25   #111
BHPian

so what exactly is the "rough road package" ?!
Old 17th February 2012, 11:31   #112
BHPian

*BUMP*

Got my car serviced @ 9000 kms (first inspection was due at 7500kms).
There was no oil change (though same was topped up with Castrol Magnatec Pro).
Fantastic experience so far, charges were 470/-(for engine oil and other fluids top up).
Full service due at 15K kms.
Old 17th February 2012, 11:44   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
*BUMP*

Fantastic experience so far, charges were 470/-(for engine oil and other fluids top up).
Congrats for your car(forgot if i wished you earlier)!

Which service center? Other Skodas do not have to go for check up service before 15k service. Absence of engine shield is bad news for some of us who drive our cars on varied terrain, Laura comes with proper underbody protection.

Last time my Laura went for service Giriraj Auto used Castrol SLX Pro.
Old 17th February 2012, 12:24   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Congrats for your car(forgot if i wished you earlier)!

Which service center? Other Skodas do not have to go for check up service before 15k service. Absence of engine shield is bad news for some of us who drive our cars on varied terrain, Laura comes with proper underbody protection.

Last time my Laura went for service Giriraj Auto used Castrol SLX Pro.
Thanks Anshuman, it went to Giriraj (Gurgaon) only. I guess its better to go for checkup as minor issues (read niggles with new product) if any, can be taken care of, as 15K is a relatively long period.
Old 29th March 2012, 23:20   #115
BHPian

Quote:
*BUMP*

I have booked Rapid and currently is in the waiting period. I read somewhere in this thread that there are two free services but my Sales Assistant has not mentioned anything about it yet. So, just wondering if that is true. Are there two free services other than the free checkups - that is at 15K and 30K?
Old 17th July 2012, 22:14   #116
BHPian

Turbo Head,

It has been a while since we've heard from you. Please update this thread as soon as possible. And, do upload some more pictures.
Old 20th July 2012, 22:47   #117
BHPian

Agree with DeKay

There seems to be a real dearth of enthu on the part of the Rapid owners. Come on people lets see some activity!

On a side note (OT? Mods please delete if irrelevant), its a tad disappointing to note that the number of Rapid threads vis-a-vis the Vento are far less. Wonder why.

And in related news, I just got to know from the TAFE (Hosur Road) guys that they have received notification from Skoda regarding a price increase to the tune of 20-30K on all the Rapid models. Dont know how far it is true. Could be usual marketing tactic, either ways I will not be affected (fingers crossed). Others, any idea about this price rise? I think it may be true.

My booking, financing are all done and as per latest update, I get to do the PDI tomorrow and choose my ride, which will be registered and ready for pick-up by Monday (23rd July). This is going to be a really long weekend for me...
Old 22nd July 2012, 10:58   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxaud View Post
Agree with DeKay

There seems to be a real dearth of enthu on the part of the Rapid owners. Come on people lets see some activity!
It seems all Rapid owners are very happy with their new purchase like me and are too busy driving it rather than giving a feedback :-D. Well, the official Rapid TD and feedback thread lies here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-44.html - and I think you would get more response over there.

Quote:
And in related news, I just got to know from the TAFE (Hosur Road) guys that they have received notification from Skoda regarding a price increase to the tune of 20-30K on all the Rapid models. Dont know how far it is true. Could be usual marketing tactic, either ways I will not be affected (fingers crossed). Others, any idea about this price rise? I think it may be true.
I am not sure about the new price hike. I was a victim of the ST hike happened in Mar-Apr time frame. Despite my Sales Executive warning me about the upcoming ST hike and advising me to have the downpayment made at the earliest to make sure I get the car for the old price I didn't do that and ended up paying approximately 40K extra. They did give car for the old price for those who made the payment before the hike. Not sure how is it possible as the ST is applicable only when the car comes out of the Factory gate. But, I know it happened in this case. Hope you wouldn't make the same mistake as me.
Old 22nd July 2012, 17:40   #119
BHPian

Quote:
It seems all Rapid owners are very happy with their new purchase like me and are too busy driving it rather than giving a feedback :-D.
Only too happy to hear that. And hope it stays that way.

Quote:
Hope you wouldn't make the same mistake as me.
Nope. Gave a 2L advance payment to protect from the price-rise.
Old 9th November 2012, 10:53   #120
BHPian

Germans are known for their thirst and their cars are no exception.

Rapid taking tankful

Skoda Rapid(ly) Delivered !-20121108_214511.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks