Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2013, 13:42   #106
BHPian

Re: Jet Set Go !! - Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT *UPDATE* 2 year and 2nd Service done

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Could you share the breakup or upload the bill ?

THe buzzer will be replaced under warranty right ?
Sorry for the late response as I had been travelling. Will provide the break up / upload the bill soon.

The buzzer costed INR 1500 & was NOT replaced under warranty as the warranty period was over by approx a month (buy date 28th Sep - problem reported date 28th Oct) & it was not covered under extended warranty.

They did provided the pick & drop FOC though (otherwise charging INR 400 for the same).

Was inspecting the tires & they seem to be in an OK shape - looks like atleast another 10K on them. Apart from the road noise on higher speeds, the NCTs have not been a source of major dissatisfaction.

Last edited by vkaul1 : 12th December 2013 at 13:43.
vkaul1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 06:42   #107
BHPian

Re: Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up

Long time no update from my end - just because everything has been going just smoothly till now (touch wood).

With over 36K on the odo (yes lot less driving & lot more flying around in the past year & half) the car refused to crank a few days back - called up the helpline & diagnosed that the battery had run out.

Got the car jump started & went to the service centre. The battery was well past its prime so battery replaced ~ INR 10K spent (received 1000 for the old battery)

Also one of the LED DRLs that Ayedongivadam that helped fix conked off - but thanks to the nice "training" he had given the first time we had got it done, was able to replace it in a jiffy

Over last ~ 3 years & 24K Kms (90:10 - city:highway @ at almost 100% AC) the av fuel consumption is 13.3 Km / L. This is as measure by tank to tank method tracked using the fuel log app.

The last weekend trip to Mumbai or couple of months back to Goa - the highway efficiency continues to be in high teens & touching 20 at times

The 3rd service got done at it's scheduled time - nothing major to report. Total cost ~ INR 11K.

As the long drives have started picking up have gone for the Road Side Assist - Total cost ~ INR 3300 for 2 years.

Next up to finally get rid of the NCT5s to something better - the did not do so bad after all !!

Still wondering which one to go for Yoko 550V or Michelin ST3 or any others - more from comfort than performance perspective - any suggestions?

Last edited by vkaul1 : 17th July 2015 at 06:52.
Old 17th July 2015, 11:27   #108
BHPian

Re: Jet Set Go! Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT. *UPDATE* 2 years and 2nd Service up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post

The 3rd service got done at it's scheduled time - nothing major to report. Total cost ~ INR 11K.

Still wondering which one to go for Yoko 550V or Michelin ST3 or any others - more from comfort than performance perspective - any suggestions?
Looks like we all are in same boat as far as tyre replacement is concerned. mine has crossed 40K yesterday and third service is coming up in September. One thing i want to ask, did they ask to change brake-pads till now? They checked mine during last service and did not change, but this time i believe they will. Any idea about the costs involved? Also i have extended warranty, so if i go by Brembo performance brake-pads, will it void warranty? Any thoughts?
Old 17th July 2015, 12:33   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Looks like we all are in same boat as far as tyre replacement is concerned. mine has crossed 40K yesterday and third service is coming up in September. One thing i want to ask, did they ask to change brake-pads till now? They checked mine during last service and did not change, but this time i believe they will. Any idea about the costs involved? Also i have extended warranty, so if i go by Brembo performance brake-pads, will it void warranty? Any thoughts?
Not till now, but I guess it might in the next service. A reason could be less running as well as the fact that bulk of the driving has been at "city speeds" with not much sharp braking action except for a couple of times.

Unless you have got the extended warranty, the standard one runs out at 2 years. You can check with the service center on brake pads - VW is usually touchy on warranty.

With my extended warranty running out this Oct am looking to upgrade the headlamps to bi-xenon units - looking for a good place to get it done - driving to Kochi to get it done from VAGTUNE might not be an option
Old 17th July 2015, 12:43   #110
BHPian

Quote:

With my extended warranty running out this Oct am looking to upgrade the headlamps to bi-xenon units - looking for a good place to get it done - driving to Kochi to get it done from VAGTUNE might not be an option
Thanks Vkaul. I am sure brakepads wont be a part of warranty and will be wear and tear part.

Anyhow, i am also looking to change the headlamps to bi-xenon ones, but problem is i have trendline jetta and even VW service center guys in ahmedabad have no idea if it can be done in trendline. I am looking for a complete solution, i.e. changing wiring harness to switches or whatever is required to change the headlamps but no help. Let me know if u get some reputed vendor who does this.
Old 17th July 2015, 13:46   #111
BHPian

Quote:

Next up to finally get rid of the NCT5s to something better - the did not do so bad after all !!

Just go with the P3STs, period.
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 14:01   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Just go with the P3STs, period.
Thanks - any personal experience? Also can you share any dealer who may be able to give a good discounted price
Old 17th July 2015, 14:08   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks - any personal experience? Also can you share any dealer who may be able to give a good discounted price
Yes, I've covered almost 10k on them and they are simply brilliant. I have an initial ownership post which I did after covering 2000 odd kms on them and a short update around 8k kms. Both can be found on the Michelin P3ST thread.
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 14:26   #114
BHPian

Pirelli superb tires on my high line jetta. Comfy grippy lasts 50k. I have reached 95k on the odo in 2.5 years. Put the tires at 45k they still have 5-7 k in them. But I really watch my tire pressure using a tyredog.

Last edited by paras211 : 17th July 2015 at 14:28.
paras211 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 13:41   #115
BHPian

Finally changed the shoes on the Jetta after 38400 Kms. They were starting to get a little less reliable (puncture prone) & have 2 road trips coming up till the end of the year so decided to take the plunge.

Thanks to all the fellow BHPians for their advice. Went with Michelin P3STs for INR 30400 for a set of 4 from Darshan Tyres @ Hadapsar - it is a new one which replaced National Tyres showroom (on the magarpatta road). The work was done quickly & efficiently & Nitrogen filled up.

I am sure the tyres would run in & then it might become better but my first impression of the ride quality is that it has improved IMMENSELY. Also it is a lot quieter & smoother in operation.

Have the first trip coming up this weekend (1000+ Km to Hyd & back) - will share more post the same.
Old 12th January 2016, 19:02   #116
BHPian

Have completed almost 2500 Kms in last 6 weeks after the new shoes for the Jetta.

The difference in ride quality, comfort & grip is PHENOMENAL.

Have booked the 4th year service - had called them on 5th Jan & got the date of 22nd Jan for the service
Old 4th December 2017, 15:28   #117
BHPian

The second battery was starting to give trouble - slow cranking & if the car does not start in the single crank, need to give the battery some "rest" before cranking again.

Got it checked & the starting current was falling down to 8. With the upcoming drive to Goa, did not want to take a chance. Got it replaced with Amaron Pro 74 Ah battery - total price 9700. Comes with 30 + 30 months warranty

Edit: The Black Pearl has done 51+ K till now
Old 17th May 2018, 18:17   #118
BHPian

The upgrade itch grows stronger so have finally decided (with a heavy heart) to bid adieu to the Black Pearl - can't afford to keep this & get a new one.

Will shortly put it up in the classifieds section. Jetta lovers invited
Old 19th June 2018, 10:07   #119
BHPian

The Black Pearl is on it's way to find a new home, the deal is in it's final stages.

I am satisfied that it is going to a Jetta lover & would be well taken care of.

Thus end the voyages of the Captain & Black Pearl.

Drive On!!

Last edited by vkaul1 : 19th June 2018 at 10:09.
vkaul1 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks