Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2014, 07:29   #106
BHPian

re: Tata Vista Refresh - 2 years, 40k kms & still young

Congrats Gaurav. Maintain her well and she will last a long time. All the best.
Old 7th January 2014, 13:43   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
2 years with the Vista.

On 7th Dec.

Today morning

36k in 2 years with absolutely no headache. That's something many will say it's an exception from TATA.

Plan was to drive the car for 2 years and upgrade, however I feel another year is justified.
Congrats sir, you are probably the most satisfied customer Tata would ever have, and I mean absolutely zilch complaints. So whats your next upgrade?
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 14:49   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post

Congrats sir, you are probably the most satisfied customer Tata would ever have, and I mean absolutely zilch complaints. So whats your next upgrade?
Going with Tata was a decision taken after reading all the reviews. The product till now is flawless (apart from the body roll). Some areas of improvement in their after sales, but nothing you can't live with.

Safari is in the bucket list, but heart says Fortuner. Let's see how much Kuber showers his blessings.
Old 5th March 2014, 01:22   #109
BHPian

26 months : 38000 kms : Rs "0" spent till date on overheads apart from service.

And people who say it's a gamble with Tata quality, are plain unlucky.

Off late was feeling a little less bite on braking. Took the car for brake pads replacement. The service advisor mentioned that he will check what's causing less braking.

Later on got a call and he mentioned that "Sir pads are fine. We will change during 40k service. I will top up the oil and set the beadings".

He reassured that you can easily drive on highways.

Got the 3M interior cleaning done at Concorde itself.

Total amount spent:

3M interior cleaning : Rs 1050
Brake Oil top up and checking : Rs 0.

Needless to say why I simply love the car.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 21:15   #110
BHPian

Day: Sunday
Time: 3:30 pm
Date: 30th March

After a laid back brunch, while parking the car, saw the Engine Malfunction indicator on. Opened the manuals and tried to on/off the ignition multiple times. However the sign did not go.

Well, not really terrified as nothing much can go bad with this Indian Truck.

Searched a bit in google and said that it could be due to an emission problem. Thought it could be due to low fuel and moisture could have crept in, but then again, it's summer.

Next day was Gudi-Padwa/Ugadi so the service centre would be closed. The car stayed home. Once again when I turned the engine on, the glow plugs sign started intemittently and my frined Motomaverick said that the glow plugs would have gone bad.

Looked at the extended warranty and it was covered.

Owning a TATA has been a peace of mind.

Cancelled plan to take kids out for bowling as car needed rest. There is always the next weekend.

Come Tuesday and took the car for the scheduled 40k service. Over the last 2 years, Concorde at Hyderabad has taken positive steps to improve their service. Well I only give to a particular SA.

On a rating of 1-10, they were a 6 in 2012 and now a definite 8/8.5.

Told the SA about the glow plug issue and he said will check which cylinder plug is gone.

Brake pad replacement wanted by me and that's it.

Picked up the car. SA mentioned that 1 glow plug on Cylinder 3 had gone bad. Replaced under extended warranty.

Total cost of service? Well I had taken the AMC @30k for 8.6k, which covered everything for advised under 30k & 40k service. Only paid 2.4k for the brake pads.

So overall 2 service in the last 8 months costed 8.6k, translating to 4.3k/service. Call Vista a cheap car.

Post service, the car again is firing on all cylinders, turbo kicking @1750 rpm, braking back to rock solid, A/C blowing my hair off.

Kudos to TATA again!
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 01:51   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Going with Tata was a decision taken after reading all the reviews. The product till now is flawless (apart from the body roll). Some areas of improvement in their after sales, but nothing you can't live with.

Safari is in the bucket list, but heart says Fortuner. Let's see how much Kuber showers his blessings.
My not entirely opiniated or jokey opinion: Safari over Fortuner, irrespective of Kuber's benedictions! The money saved could be used say for a Vespa 946 or a Triumph or even a Ducati? May you enjoy making that decision with Kuber looking over kindly!
Old 12th August 2014, 10:07   #112
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Vista Refresh - 60K, Young & Strong

Quote:

Next day was Gudi-Padwa/Ugadi so the service centre would be closed. The car stayed home. Once again when I turned the engine on, the glow plugs sign started intemittently and my frined Motomaverick said that the glow plugs would have gone bad.
Sheer coincidence that I was reading your thread yesterday and I got my first Check lamp with Glow Plug Lamp blinking at 49,7xx kms, else I would have panicked. Will visit the ASC soon and get it sorted out.
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 06:49   #113
BHPian

With the launch of the Zest, have put the car up for sale. It's on the TEAM-BHP classifieds too:

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...or-sale/41421/

Zest AMT is on the radar as it will be useful for my better half to drive too.

The most recent pic is here:

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-5.jpg
Old 15th December 2014, 02:01   #114
BHPian

Finally after 35 months completed 50,000 kms.

I am totally satisfied, happy that I purchased the Vista and not the Swift. The car has loads of space, loads of power, loads of comfort, loads of small features that are missing in any hatch at this price till date.

I had intended to sell the car and go for the Zest, however the mind does run at an RPM higher than any car. The equation could well be an AMT hatch for Wife and a Ninja for me

Well the car is good to go for another 50,000 kms
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 09:43   #115
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Vista Refresh - 60000 kms, Young & Strong

Quote:
Finally after 35 months completed 50,000 kms.

I had intended to sell the car and go for the Zest, however the mind does run at an RPM higher than any car. The equation could well be an AMT hatch for Wife and a Ninja for me
Congrats Sir, so looks like selling plan is on hold for the time being. AMT in Bolt might be a little away.

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th July 2015 at 02:06. Reason: Please quote selectively as a long quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 20:09   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats Sir, so looks like selling plan is on hold for the time being. AMT in Bolt might be a little away.
Thanks. Am actually looking at Alto AMT for her, but Maruti quality is really bad. Lets see how Nano AMT turns out to be.
Old 30th July 2015, 01:47   #117
BHPian

Update after a long time. Vista completes 60,000. Service due this week.

No major update as the car is fuss free. It's fill it, shut it, forget it. In a city like Chandigarh, mileage is 17km/l. Can't ask for more, can't complain either.

See no reason to sell the car.

On the other hand, finally bought a Twist for my better half few weeks back. Shall start another thread on the same.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 09:03   #118
BHPian

Hello Sir.. i remember exhccanging notes with you 4 years back when you had started the thread. My Vista VX is also at a comfortable 56K kms, and doing great. Except a battery change, and a set of new tires at 40K, no major issues! did visit the paintshop a cpl times for minor dents or scratches.

What FE are you getting? Mine is around 14 with AC on in Bangalore city.
bigvishnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 22:02   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post
Hello Sir.. i remember exhccanging notes with you 4 years back when you had started the thread. My Vista VX is also at a comfortable 56K kms, and doing great. Except a battery change, and a set of new tires at 40K, no major issues! did visit the paintshop a cpl times for minor dents or scratches.

What FE are you getting? Mine is around 14 with AC on in Bangalore city.
Hey.Yes remember very much. I have the rear tyres and the spare one running on Stock OEM Bridgestones. Front ones have been changed at 45k to MRF. While in Hyderabad, the mileage was 15 with 100% AC. Now in Chandigarh, goes upto 17.
Old 11th July 2016, 00:33   #120
BHPian

re: Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms

The ODO now reads 77200. Time to change the brake pads during the 80,000 service.

All services have been normal. All that has been changed in the last 55 months is:

Brake Pads @ 40k - 2400
3 Glow plugs - 750 each
1 Engine bush mount/balancer - 1900

4 Tyres
1 Battery

Car is still a pleasure to drive. Enjoying it to the fullest for the last 2 months. Booked a Brezza.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks