Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 13:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Vista Refresh: Fuego completes 15000 kms of niggle free driving

Second time congratulations (after the first time the thread went back to the assembly line ).

You drove RPR-HYD, how much time you took, last week we drove RPR-HYD and it took us 11 hrs to reach Dhola-Ri-Dhani (The Rajasthani eat-out in HYD). We started @ ~7am from Tatibandh and were at Hyderabad at ~6 in the evening. Stopped for lunch at Nagpur for 45mins. Also the question around selling the car in HYD and buying another one in RPR how does that work? Alternatively a AP registered car cant be sold in RPR.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 11th January 2012 at 13:53.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 15:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Also the question around selling the car in HYD and buying another one in RPR how does that work? Alternatively a AP registered car cant be sold in RPR.
I think he sent the car (U-VA) to RPR and sold it to the local TATA dealer there.
Old 11th January 2012, 16:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Second time congratulations (after the first time the thread went back to the assembly line ).

You drove RPR-HYD, how much time you took, last week we drove RPR-HYD and it took us 11 hrs to reach Dhola-Ri-Dhani (The Rajasthani eat-out in HYD). We started @ ~7am from Tatibandh and were at Hyderabad at ~6 in the evening. Stopped for lunch at Nagpur for 45mins. Also the question around selling the car in HYD and buying another one in RPR how does that work? Alternatively a AP registered car cant be sold in RPR.

Hi Mayank, I sent the car to Raipur to be sold. Dad gave it to the Tata folks in Raipur.

Raipur - Hyd took 11 hours 30 mins with 70 mins of break. Left @ 5 am from Civil Lines, reached Rabdiwala - Moda (which is 240 Kms from Raipur) @ 8 am. Stopped there for 30 mins. Reached Hinganghat @ 10 am which is 132 kms from Moda. Was very happy with the road condition overall. Stopped at Nirmal for a tea break for 10 mins. Reached Armur at 1.35 and stopped till 2.15 for lunch. Crossed Dhola-ri-Dhani at 4pm and home at 4:30.

Total Kilometers covered was 796.8. Out of 11hours 30 mins of journey, 1 hour 10 mins was taken away for break. That gives an average of approx 80 kms in an hour which is good by Indian standards. Car was constantly between 100 - 120.

Which car were you travelling in? If this is the first time you did this route, let me tell you this is excellent compared to what it was last October.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 16:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Hi Mayank, I sent the car to Raipur to be sold. Dad gave it to the Tata folks in Raipur.

Which car were you travelling in? If this is the first time you did this route, let me tell you this is excellent compared to what it was last October.
You were able to sell AP registered car in CG (Or was it CG registered car?)?

I was in Civic, and yes i loved the route, we took less time to reach bangalore then the fastest train available and this was cheapest (even on petrol). Yeah i know its much better now, but i hope soon it will be 4 lane all the way as the WIP near nagpur and Armur delayed us quiet a bit.
Old 11th January 2012, 16:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
You were able to sell AP registered car in CG (Or was it CG registered car?)?

I was in Civic, and yes i loved the route, we took less time to reach bangalore then the fastest train available and this was cheapest (even on petrol). Yeah i know its much better now, but i hope soon it will be 4 lane all the way as the WIP near nagpur and Armur delayed us quiet a bit.

The car was CG registered and all my cars are and have been CG registered. Reason because I was in Mumbai when I bought the U-VA and shifted to Hyderabad in Aug 2010. Reason is simple: my base is Raipur and it's easier for me to get anything done there rather than anywhere.
Old 15th January 2012, 10:43   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Gaurav, congratulations on your Vista. I didnt get a chance to check it out last time we met. That's a sweet report that you have shared. Do keep updating it regularly with your experiences and pictures.

Btw, What Manish said is right, wait for the 1st service atleast before redlining. Remember, patience always pays !!
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 21:27   #22
BHPian

Re: Well Well Well. Behold. Vista Comes Home. Edit - 2000 Kms update

Well went for a 900 Km drive to Rollapadu Bird Sanctuary and Belum Caves. unarguably the best drives till date. I was in much praise of my U-VA, however the Vista has taken the hatch comfort to the next level.

Mated perfectly for Indian conditions. On highways, the engines response was right there for me to just tap the accelerator.

Seats: In the entire journey, never felt a bit tired. You generally feel a bit of a neck or back pain in long journeys, it was not the case here. My 7 year old daughter could sleep fully stretched and that made her the happiest.

Now comes the point: Kitna deti hai or Kitna mileage diya. One thing I noticed is, if I pushed the car beyond 120, the mileage came down to 4lt/75 km. Anything in the range of 80-100 kmph, you could go upto 4lt/95 easily. How did I deduce that. Well the Vista does not have the MID for fuel consumption, but the tank is of 37 litres and every division on the fuel gauge is of 4 litre division (7 of them) and a bigger red (reserve) 8 litres.

So overall for 832 kms, the car consumed 46 litres of fuel (give and take 1/2 lt.) which comes to 18.08 km/lt. Now that's an average for the entire trip.

However while on my way back from Kurnool, a total of 240 kms, the car came back in approx 10 lt (can be less, not more). The speed maintained during this entire 240 kms was 80-100 kms and never exceeding 100 kms/hr. That's and astonising average. Actually did not expect the car to go that low on the diesel diet. Kudos Tata! I am mightily happy with the overall car quality. No niggles till date. And I would like everyone to read this.

In City the car returned mileage of 14lt/304 kms in normal (read non-sporty) city driving conditions.

The stock Bridgestone Tyres have excellent grip. Had to once press the brakes hard and the tyres showed good character. ABS did kick in this time.

The stock Music System has a good sound range on the highways. You can hear well from Volume range 14 - 45. Bass, Treble, Hyper Bass do justice to your Rock n Roll, Jazz, House, Trance, Bollywood and Devotional music.

Overall I am a Happy-go-Lucky guy. Thanking my wife to finalize the Vista

Last edited by gauravdgr8 : 17th January 2012 at 21:29. Reason: Spelling mistake
gauravdgr8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 09:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well went for a 900 Km drive to Rollapadu Bird Sanctuary
Those are some good milage figures you have got there. But its kind of complicated how you are calculating, i would go with the tankful to next refuel method plus I guess the MID helps. By the way the MID in a Tata atleast the Manza is dead accurate in its readings, i did a comparison recently with the tankful to tankful and the MID reading. Yes if you go above 100 the milage will reduce essentially because the engine rpm increase close to 3k if not more. THe sweet spot for this fiat engine is around the 1700 to 2k rpm mark.

I can vouch for the back seat area and comfort, forget your daughter sleeping peacefully, my better half had a nice nap for 100 odd kms in a recent drive to Ooty. Spekaing of long drives i think now its time for that longish trip you were planning for with Ashwin.
Old 19th January 2012, 11:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Well the Vista does not have the MID for fuel consumption, but the tank is of 37 litres and every division on the fuel gauge is of 4 litre division (7 of them) and a bigger red (reserve) 8 litres.
I have noticed that the fuel indicator moves down very lazily between full and half-full status and then it moves very rapidly from half-full to reserve, may be the technology is not perfect yet This has been a definitive experience in the Xeta I had earlier and I feel Vista's fuel gauge is no different.
Old 19th January 2012, 13:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Well the Vista does not have the MID for fuel consumption, but the tank is of 37 litres and every division on the fuel gauge is of 4 litre division (7 of them) and a bigger red (reserve) 8 litres.
I think the last division out of the 7 is almost like reserve red division. I have tried few times and it takes something between 7-9 lts to tank full. I have a doubt. Whether the amount of fuel in the pipe when filled to brim is taken into account by the gauge?
Old 6th February 2012, 21:14   #26
BHPian

Re: Well Well Well. Behold. Vista Comes Home: Edit: 5000 kms done

Well the car completed 4500 Kms after my trip to Chennai last week so thought of taking it for servicing 500 kms before schedule. Called up Concorde and got the booking instantly. Why Concorde? Because it's 1.5 kms from my house and it's a Tata subsidiary. So when we can buy a Tata car, why not try getting it serviced from there.

Reached at 10 in the morning, met the advisor. Told him that the there is nothing that needs to be worked on the engine or electricals just a few things:

1. A small dent on the left fender that a 20 year old Suzuki Max 100's leg guard gave. Can it be dented for that 1 inch portion. He said the entire fender will have to be painted. I said, leave it. Did not want to experiment with different shades of red when not much is broken.

2. If one's driving in Chennai, be careful of the only manhole on the road leading to IIT from Cenotaph road protruding high up in the sky and it had to hit my engine guard. Nothing much he said. It just loose.

Come at 4 pm and gave his number. Asked him about any topups or fuel filter replacements. He said not now. Asked him how much should I expect the bill. He said Rs: 88. For Windshield solution.

I was happy . Right decision.

Come 4 pm and I called Mr Mohan Reddy and he told to come down as the car was ready. At 5 pm my dad calls and says that he has got an sms that the car is ready and can be picked up. (Dad had given his number while taking the delivery) Nice touch.

Went. Had a look at the car. No stains on the inside, no stains on the outside. The service mechanics had put the rear seat belts tucked in so told to pull them out as daughter uses them on highways. That's it. The car when started sounded as is just of of the showroom. I was delighted and the car was smiling as ever.

Mr Mohan again gave his number and said to call if any issue comes up. He asked twice if I am comfortable, which I was. He mentioned that I would get a survey call with regards to satisfaction. I would rate 5/5.

So far the story has been nice. No niggles, no squeaks, no rattles, no electrical issues, no mileage issues whatsoever.

I am a happy Tata Vista customer. Will I recommend the Vista Refresh over other compotent hatches. OFFCOURSE. It has everything (except the Snb value) that you can expect or get from a car in this segment.

Thank you TATA
gauravdgr8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 22:46   #27
BHPian

Well the car has now donned new interiors. Yes, faux leather seat covers in Black and Red. They look stunning to me. Please have a look and decide.

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-new-seat-covers.jpg

Got these done from Ghouse seat covers @ Basheerbagh. Thanks to Avi for suggesting this place. The guys actually came home and did the fitting at no extra cost. The work was done very professionally. Cost fraction of what it costs in a general car showroom.

My wife and myself actually kept a whole lot of colors, Black, Beige, Black with Beige, Beige with Black, before deciding on Black and Red. We were initially a bit apprehensive saying do we want to put Red, then said why not. Let's try. After all it's our car our choice. The color blends very well with the Beige and Black interiors and the seat covers do not look out of place.

All this for only 3k with a year's warranty.
Old 19th February 2012, 14:04   #28
BHPian

So 14 days went by since the last highway drive, and the FUEGO was raring to go. While parents were in town, choice was to either go to Nanded or Srisailam. Unanimous decision made for Srisailam..

Decided to do a Sunday-Monday trip. Left Hyderabad on 12th morning@8. Took the ORR to hit the Srisailam highway. Drove for the initial 100 kms and then dad tookover. He too is a diehard fan of driving. Now you know where the genes come from.

He thoroughly enjoyed the drive as the engine pulled cleanly with 4 adults and 2 kids. With age, dads driving habits have become a bit suttle. He never crossed the 100km/hr mark.

The Hyderabad - Srisailam highway is JetBlack and has been newly laid till the Tiger Reserve. There's just one Rajasthani Dhaba on the highway. Petrol bunks are ata distance.

Once you enter the ghat section, there are some rough patches. Reached Srisailam at 12pm. Stayed at APTDC. Did one Darshan on Sunday evening and one on Sunday morning (sans me).

Below are some pics of the trip. The car completed 5k on the way.

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-5000.jpg

The Srisailam Dam

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-srisailam1.jpg

Tata Vista Refresh -Young & Strong - Update - Sold @ 80,000 kms-srisailam2.jpg

Overall the drive was very comfortable. After 5K on the odo, there are no niggles or squeaks or rattles. Mileage is consistent @15 in city and 17-18 on the highway. Couldn't ask for more

Last edited by gauravdgr8 : 19th February 2012 at 14:23.
Old 20th February 2012, 08:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Overall the drive was very comfortable. After 5K on the odo, there are no niggles or squeaks or rattles. Mileage is consistent @15 in city and 17-18 on the highway. Couldn't ask for more
Seems like you are very very happy with you decision to go with the Vista. Yes the current breed of Tata cars are full VFM but it does not have the snoob value that some other brands carry, also the engine tuning might not be driver oriented as its not that rev happy but its the best to carry you from point A to B in comfort and superb cruising ability
Old 20th February 2012, 10:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

That's some nice updates Gaurav.
You are utilising the diesel economy to the maximum. Looks like Vista has blown your heart away with it's character .
Thanks for the seat cover updates. Mine is due for replacement soon and will get it done from Ghouse itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks