Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2013, 23:13   #91
BHPian

Re: The 2012 Honda City CE Silver: Delivered & Hooked!

Its been a little over an year since the car was delivered and it has done 7200+ Kms.

Service cost:
Feb-12: 0
Apr-12: 0
Jul-12: 1287/- (3rd free service but engine oil & filter charged; 3000+ kms)
Jan-13: 2155/- (4th & 1st paid service)
Total: 3442/- in 1 yr of ownership.

Your service booklet specifies the maintenance schedule & if you stick to it, there are no problems with warranty. The 3 month service schedule is fleecing by the dealers. If your car is on mineral stick to 6 month/5000 kms; on synthetic oil then a 6 month service & oil change every 2nd service if under 10,000 kms.

On the car from a long term perspective-
Positives:
- I have consistently got 15+ kmpl on the MID & mind you am a spirited driver. Last tankul I had decided to test the mileage & I got 22+ kmpl as per the MID (with a light foot, gradual acceleration, anticipatory braking)!. This with 195/60/15 primacy LCs so wonder what would 175s give!
- Considering the running I have done, am glad did not buy a diesel.
- I still feel this is the best option available under 10 lacs if petrol is the only option. Why? Interior space, back seat comfort, one hell of an engine, No ergonomic mix-ups.
- Low service costs.

Negatives:
- The Honda service is anything to go by, better than the rest but leaves a lot to be dzired (pun intended).
- The rear tries at times to step out of line when you brake & steer at speeds 100+. It is not as good a handler as the vento or the rapid but leagues ahead of Verna just so that you dont get me wrong.
- The build feels light compared to the Europeans.
nitin.rai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 12:35   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
- I have consistently got 15+ kmpl on the MID & mind you am a spirited driver. Last tankul I had decided to test the mileage & I got 22+ kmpl as per the MID (with a light foot, gradual acceleration, anticipatory braking)!. This with 195/60/15 primacy LCs so wonder what would 175s give!
That's great mileage, Nitin. Do you remember, how much you got during the break-in period? I tried to dig that up from your initial posts, but could not locate that information easily.

I got a City E-MT and it just got through the 1st service. So far I am getting about 12.5 kmpl in city driving with AC off mostly. My ownership thread is here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...city-e-mt.html.
Old 4th February 2013, 17:50   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
That's great mileage, Nitin. Do you remember, how much you got during the break-in period? I tried to dig that up from your initial posts, but could not locate that information easily.
Hi Asit - I have consistently got in the range of 15, give n take a few. On long drives when pushed hard I have also seen 12+ but on e-way drives with speeds <100 I have got 17+ so in all an average of 15+ (derived by total mileage by total litres fuelled till the last refuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
I got a City E-MT and it just got through the 1st service. So far I am getting about 12.5 kmpl in city driving with AC off mostly. My ownership thread is here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...city-e-mt.html.
Congratulations on the possession & wishing you lots of happy miles!
Quickly skimmed through the opening post so not sure if you have got the alloys but I would personally suggest try for the Honda V alloys; they look neat. This after having got aftermarket ones.
nitin.rai is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks