Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2012, 12:04   #106
BHPian

re: "M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6 (20,000 Kms Update)

Sorry for the OT.
The stuck Pajero in the Mudaliarkuppam flats.

PS: Mods, please delete post if not proper.
Attached Thumbnails
M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6, 62000 kms update-img_5661.jpg  

Old 27th July 2012, 18:06   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Sorry for the OT.
The stuck Pajero in the Mudaliarkuppam flats.

PS: Mods, please delete post if not proper.
We were there the previous day by evening types.. So the Pajero was stuck for a whole day. Thats strange.
Old 28th July 2012, 21:00   #108
BHPian

First Service Update - 5100kms

Hello All,

Took my XUV to the first Service. Not to mention, the Service Experience was really appalling with chaos all around. If I would rate the FIAT A** as 7/10, I may probably give this a 3/10.

Realized how much better my FIAT Service Center folks are and how patient they are when compared to Mahindra A**. Full marks to FIAT relative to these guys.

Nevertheless, the vehicle had no issues except minor ones like Windshield Wiper Jet adjustment and Boot lid number plate rattling. They were fixed after a long wait of close to 8 hrs there in the Service Station. Had to follow up a thousand times to clean the vehicle. Never expected the Service Exp to be like this. A BIG THUMBS DOWN to Mahindra.

Next time am changing the SC and lets see whether the exp. improves.

The bill was Rs. 2661/- which includes Windshield cleaning fluid, Engine Oil, Oil filter, some emery paper and what not. In fact they had some ridiculous things in the bill like Brake cleaning charges, some anti rust liquid etc. I gave them some good piece of mind and reduced the bill from Rs.3060 to Rs.2661/-. All in all, really disappointed with Mahindra's Service Experience.

Now scared the hell, if I need to go there every 3-6 months for rest of the Services.
Sathya_sc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 22:51   #109
h14
BHPian

Ouch! That's very bad. I've heard stories and thought they might be one off cases, but seems that's way they are at most times.

No wonder I'm spotting lots of Scorpio's and Logan's in MyTVS outlets!
Old 28th July 2012, 23:07   #110
Senior - BHPian

Re: First Service Update - 5100kms

Really shocking to hear this Sathya. I thought that Mahindra is very serious about this particular product and they would give premium treatment to the XUV owners. This is really very disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
If I would rate the FIAT A** as 7/10, I may probably give this a 3/10.

Realized how much better my FIAT Service Center folks are and how patient they are when compared to Mahindra A**. Full marks to FIAT relative to these guys.
I really wonder how some section of people always bash Fiat for their service. I am not telling that Fiat's service is great but, really not bad. It is better than Hyundai at least in my experience.
Old 28th July 2012, 23:44   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc
Hello All,

Took my XUV to the first Service. Not to mention, the Service Experience was really appalling with chaos all around. If I would rate the FIAT A** as 7/10, I may probably give this a 3/10.

The bill was Rs. 2661/- which includes Windshield cleaning fluid, Engine Oil, Oil filter, some emery paper and what not. In fact they had some ridiculous things in the bill like Brake cleaning charges, some anti rust liquid etc. I gave them some good piece of mind and reduced the bill from Rs.3060 to Rs.2661/-. All in all, really disappointed with Mahindra's Service Experience.

Now scared the hell, if I need to go there every 3-6 months for rest of the Services.
Thats a pretty bad experience. Which service center was this?
Old 28th July 2012, 23:45   #112
BHPian

Strictly based on what my exp is (I don't want to generalize.. I know XUV service exp. has been really good for some folks here.. even I had the same expectations) my XUV service exp. is nothing to talk about when compared to my Jet. My FIAT exp. has been outstanding until now.

Ramesh, I realize what we have with FIAT in terms of the actual product, Service exp. and associated cost of ownership is simply superb. So far I have spent only less than 4000 on my FIAT in the last 18 months for 23000kms. Unbelievably low when compared to what I spent on my Petrol 1.3L Swift for the regular services.. somewhere close to 9000 within the first 25000kms..

But I sincerely believe it has to do with the SC that I visited today for my XUV and hope Mahindra will prove me correct when I take him for the second check up..
Old 29th July 2012, 08:26   #113
BHPian

Could it be purely because of the SC.
Am sure SC to SC experiance varies and so does RM to RM.
OR is it arrogance/attitude due to XUV sales-service numbers coming to the SC.
Old 29th July 2012, 09:24   #114
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
I had a quite a similar experience yesterday. Its not the arrogance, but inefficiency of the service-center. I had 7-8 issues and some 4-5 different mechanics worked on them. Sometimes there were as many as 3 guys in the vehicle trying to debug/fix an issue. Mahindra guys seem not trained well enough for handling infotainment issues. Having somebody from Nippon based out of the XUV service center might have helped (not sure of the viability though).

The RMs have a confused role which has a lot of overlap with the Service-Adviser role. I would have preferred that they handle only the customer-facing part, go through data for identifying patterns and do a proactive job in terms of helping customers. Today I see them as data entry operators preparing the job-card, talking sweetly to the customer and showing up on the shop-floor once in a while.

May be I am being too critical. But no doubt, there is lot of scope for improvement.

Last edited by SDP : 29th July 2012 at 09:25.
Old 31st July 2012, 08:04   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
No, its definitely not the arrogance. Its simply, the SC is not able to handle the volumes. Also, looks like, that particular SC always had issues in Chennai.. I heard it from couple of my friends.

In Aug, I have a couple of highway trips which will take my ODO to a minimum of 7.5 K.. So Sep, mine must be 10K old. Will update the next SC exp in another place which is perceived to be much better.

Planning to revive my T-Jet Thread as well. Have given my Cheetah, a little rest.
Old 31st July 2012, 09:03   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, let the pics do the talking again. Credit to Sriram for taking these wonderful pics, as always.
Excellent pictures by Sriram! The joy and the ecstasy pics are too good. Kudos to the photographer
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2012, 16:38   #117
BHPian

I'm seriously concerned with Mahindra right now. I had booked an XUV in June and I'm now really having second thoughts about the XUV. Bad Service is inexcusable especially coming from owning a Skoda & a FIAT. I now appreciate Toyota all the more. Our Innova has been trouble free (65,000 KMs) and we have not had a single problem till date.

I was actually looking to buy the XUV as my next car, but now i'm really thinking of cancelling our booking. Should rather upgrade to BMW 3 or Audi A4 when the time comes.
Old 31st July 2012, 18:19   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krreddy View Post
I'm seriously concerned with Mahindra right now. I had booked an XUV in June and I'm now really having second thoughts about the XUV. Bad Service is inexcusable especially coming from owning a Skoda & a FIAT. I now appreciate Toyota all the more. Our Innova has been trouble free (65,000 KMs) and we have not had a single problem till date.

I was actually looking to buy the XUV as my next car, but now i'm really thinking of cancelling our booking. Should rather upgrade to BMW 3 or Audi A4 when the time comes.
Reddy, If you want to cancel the booking after reading my instance of bad service experience, then you are mistaken. I seriously think that the Service Center that I approached was not upto the mark and in ANY case, I cannot generalize it.

For instance, I have had the BEST service exp with my FIAT (pls read even better than the two Maruti's I had) everytime I took my Linea for Service in the last 3 yrs (MJD + T-Jet). It is otherwise in your case with FIAT. So Service exp varies based on location and the actual Service Center. I bet even Toyota / Honda might not be an exception to this.

The best way is, based on the location you are in and based on the Vehicle you have shortlisted, you have to seek feedback on the Service Center's available and identify the best one. If you get a negative feedback on all the Service Center's in your location, then it might be a case for you to look at someother vehicle. I would do it even if I buy a BMW or a Merc. Its just the case of doing our homework perfectly.

Having said all this, my exp. with the XUV has been good so far from the Vehicle perspective. I can talk about the Service exp. again in a couple of months when I take it to a different Service Center.

Happy motoring!
Sathya_sc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2012, 18:37   #119
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by krreddy View Post
Quote:
Reddy, If you want to cancel the booking after reading my instance of bad service experience, then you are mistaken. I seriously think that the Service Center that I approached was not upto the mark and in ANY case, I cannot generalize it.
...Happy motoring!
Sathya, appreciate the balanced view!

In my opinion, 'reliable' cars don't need to go to service-center much (if at all) and that makes the service-center experience irrelavent to certain extent. I mean, if a Innova is absolutely trouble free in 5 years of owenrship, would you really mind spending 1 day a year at a lousy service-center to get the regular service done?

For Mahindra XUV5OO, the reliability is yet to be proven. If at all, it has shown a decent number of issues in initial batches.

So, Reddy, if you need peace of mind with absolutely troublefree ownership experience, you need to look beyond the XUV5OO.

Last edited by SDP : 31st July 2012 at 18:38.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 15:22   #120
BHPian

IMO the only company that we've had trouble free service is with Toyota. Qualis ran trouble free for 8 years and Innova is even better. The thing with Toyota is they pretty much make up all the profits upfront and they hardly ever have bad service records hustling their owners. In addition they rarely ever break down.

Hyundai has also been pretty good but i think their spares parts are overpriced.

We have a 2006 Scorpio and from our experience their service is pretty horrific. They never get it straight the first time. We've always paid them a second or a third visit to rectify the problems. We are lucky that the showroom is right next to our office.

I absolutely agree with what GTO said on the XUV Official review. The lesser the XUV owners know about the service advisers and mechanics the better. Their mechanics are pretty clueless and quite frankly i'm not sure if they can handle some of the electrical problems.

I really like the car so i'll take a hard look at it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks