Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 20:35   #226
BHPian

Re: Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjax View Post
I was looking to change the radio swing in my 4x4 ambition to the blaupunkt 835 philadelphia,
I was also thinking of exact same make/model to replace the "swing". While it's true that they will provide compatible model and not require any cutting into wires, I am really worried what Skoda service center will claim in case there is any warranty need. I for now have decided to stay put on the swing.

Would love to hear if anybody does have an opinion.
Old 9th August 2013, 07:07   #227
BHPian

August 6th 2013!

Got done with the first service of the Maiden! total cost including Oil came upto Rs. 7747/-

Breakup as follows:

Oil Filter: 331.88
Engine Oil: Castrol Longlife III Professional which is VW 507 00 grade: 3286.46
Air filter: 723.14
Dust & Pollen Filter: 456.77
Fuel Filter: 1659.39
Consumables: 87.66
Lubricant for Door Locks: 91.60
Windshield Wash Concentrate: 130.76

Total:6767.66
VAT at 14 & 14.5% on above: 979.58
Grand Total: 7747.24

considering the Pricing of the Vehicle, i Guess the above cost is very very reasonable!

the first issue after service was identified on 7th, when i saw engine oil on the floor at my house. I thought "Oh No! don't tell me that the technicians have forgotten to tighten the drain plug" and at 7 am woke the service manager up from his sleep who for the nth time must have thought "why me! why do i get caught with this guy"

ultimately he landed at my residence at 9.30 with two technicians who examined the leak and identified it to a faulty 'O' ring of the Oil filter, which was duly replaced. The oil about 1.5 litres was topped up and taken to service where an inspection was done to check if there were any other leaks!

glad to note that the entire service on the first day was completed in 2.5 hours and the second day in about 1.5 hours.! also Noted that SAIPL has issued an advisory on 25th May 2013, regarding the grade of oil to be used and thanks to our joint efforts (shankar, Soham and Myself) the grade specified is VW 507 00 5W30 and is currently being supplied by SAIPL, importing it from Czech Republic. before taxes the oil costs about 780/- per litre if purchased from SAIPL and about 1280/- if purchased in the open market!

Overall a very satisfying service Experience!

Specifications of the Longlife III Oil Attached. ----->> 10507_Edge Professional LL III 5W-30 .pdf

Skoda has also Issued an Advisory relating to Rear Monogram and Valve for AC compressor on FOC basis Under Warranty. Since the AC compressor is working fine and is a chiller, i opted to replace it when it fails. Same with the Monogram too! Like Someone said never try to repair something that is not broken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjax View Post
On a completely unrelated note, I was looking to change the radio swing in my 4x4 ambition to the blaupunkt 835 philadelphia, When i spoke to the Blaupunkt showroom in chennai, they said that the warranty will not be voided as blaupunkt supplies to the VAG group and the installation will not involve any wire splicing or cutting. I am not inclined towards the bolero because it seems to be ridiculously expensive and lacks both ipod and usb support and costs 40k more than the blaupunkt! Can i go ahead and get it done for the yeti? i am asking this because i have seen a lot of lauras and superbs being fitted with the Blaupunkt 835 philadelphia but not a single yeti as of date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
I was also thinking of exact same make/model to replace the "swing". While it's true that they will provide compatible model and not require any cutting into wires, I am really worried what Skoda service center will claim in case there is any warranty need. I for now have decided to stay put on the swing.

Would love to hear if anybody does have an opinion.

DURING My interaction with the Persons in Charge of Warranty @ SAIPL I have been told that as long as the Accessory matches the outgoing accessory's Voltage and rating and there is no cutting / splicing / skinning of wires and the wiring harness is not tampered with by inserting wires into it, then warranty will not be voided.

Yes Philadelphia 835 is OE for VW and the european passats are fitted with this kit."The new Philadelphia 835 combines a “navigation-ready” system and a diversified range of entertainment options with connectivity for all types of portable media. Consequently designed for selected Volkswagen, Skoda and Seat cars, the Philadelphia 835 comes with a built-in CAN interface supporting the original climate controls, the parking distance system as well as the pre-installed multi-functional steering wheel. Competent route guidance along with the integrated hands-free mobile phone system via Bluetooth make driving safe and relaxed. All types of portable media can be used to provide a highly individual entertainment program. In addition to the DVD drive, this car radio is also equipped with a slot for high capacity memory cards, 2 USB slots for mass storage devices or controlling the iPod and additional front and rear Audio/Video-Inputs. The large 7-inch display in digital and anti-reflective technology plus adjustable illumination colour of all buttons and rotary encoders round out the complete package profile"

However you need to check whether the Blaupunkt Dealer has the expertise to do the fitment.

on a side-note, Bolero HU's are not expensive if the same are purchased online on ebay.uk. a friend of mine got a bolero for 13.5 k including shipping and customs which was taken out from a Skoda destined to the scrap yard. the visual condition of the player is 9.5 on a scale of 10 and mechanical / working condition is about 9%. there are quite a few Boleros listed on ebay uk at 25-30K including shipping

Sorry for the Back to back Posts. Age is catching up and my memory is fading!

anyway, my Insurance was due for renewal on 1st August 2013, and for an IDV of 14,36,000 Bajaj Allianz Quoted a premium of Rs. 19,125 + Rs. 16,125 for Zero Depreciation (Drive Assure Economy) which comes unto around 39,606 including Taxes (after 45% NCB) without Return to Invoice / Coverage w.r.t. cost of Consumables.

Knowing that Bajaj Allianz is headed by a bunch of Blockheads here in Mangalore who arent very aggressive nor co-operative, i decided to go back to ICICI Lombard with whom i have dealt earlier.

got the following quote:
IDV: 15,76,000
Basic premium: 23,707
ZD:6,305
Cost of Consumables coverage: 6305
Return to Invoice: 4886

Total before NCB: 41,203
NCB Deduction: -10668

Net OD premium: 30535
TP Premium: 3574
Taxes: 4216

Grand Total: 38325/-

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th February 2014 at 07:31. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 12th August 2013, 13:43   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post

on a side-note, Bolero HU's are not expensive if the same are purchased online on ebay.uk. a friend of mine got a bolero for 13.5 k including shipping and customs which was taken out from a Skoda destined to the scrap yard. the visual condition of the player is 9.5 on a scale of 10 and mechanical / working condition is about 9%. there are quite a few Boleros listed on ebay uk at 25-30K including shipping
Thank you sir!

My gripe with the Bolero is the non inclusion of the ipod connectivity. I am not a fruit head but the ipod is ubiquitous to today's car system!.
Old 13th September 2013, 21:31   #229
BHPian

Hi Sunil,

Firstly - many thanks for posting all the information you have on this thread, it has been one of my first sources of inspiration to get my Yeti (will be delivered next week, fingers crossed) upgraded!

Wanted to ask a couple of questions regarding some aftermarket mods you've done-
1. Have been recommended by Askhay1234 to request if you know a dealer in Blore who could give me a good price on the Blaupunkt Philadephia 835 HU. Considering replacing the stock Swing with this HU to kill multiple birds with one stone. (I've booked a 4X2 Ambition, couldn't go any higher than that with Bangalore OTR prices)
2. Could you indicate where you sourced the Auto switch for the headlamps? That's something I am very interested in, and assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ankur
Old 2nd December 2013, 07:23   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurS View Post
Hi Sunil,

Firstly - many thanks for posting all the information you have on this thread, it has been one of my first sources of inspiration to get my Yeti (will be delivered next week, fingers crossed) upgraded!

Wanted to ask a couple of questions regarding some aftermarket mods you've done-
1. Have been recommended by Askhay1234 to request if you know a dealer in Blore who could give me a good price on the Blaupunkt Philadephia 835 HU. Considering replacing the stock Swing with this HU to kill multiple birds with one stone. (I've booked a 4X2 Ambition, couldn't go any higher than that with Bangalore OTR prices)
2. Could you indicate where you sourced the Auto switch for the headlamps? That's something I am very interested in, and assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ankur
its been a long long time, and after having a major irreplaceable personal loss in the form of the sad demise of my mother i am back with some updates. first to answer ankurs question: you could call Waseem @ 9845080706 or 9008080706 who should be able to guide you.

2. the Auto Lamp Switch was sourced from www.skodaparts.com

now on the update:
had to drive to Hubli on official work on the 19th of November: Distance roughly about 417 Kms. Started at 6 am and was in Hubli @ 12 Noon. Took me half an hour to enter the city from the Byepass!! thereafter the next 2 Hours were spent travelling to the Income Tax Department Office located 10 Kms Away on Dharwad Road! Oh! what a Traffic Congestion. Met the Officer, Discussed the Cases and Returned back to my Hubli base at 4. Had a cup of Hot Ginger Tea and started at 4.30pm. This time it took me about an hour to get to the Byepass! and thereafter Travelled Back and reached my Home at 12 midnight after a stopover for Dinner at Honavar.

Overall Mileage was 13.2-16.1. This varied because i had taken a short cut Village Road near Yellapur which joins Gokarna Cross without requiring me to touch Ankola. The Second issue was a Very bad stretch of Road from Shiroor to Kundapur about 40 Kilometres of Craters where the Exhausts of Volvos were hitting the tarmac. had also observed a Truck with almost half of its Tyre in a Crater! Sad State of Affairs on the NH 66 (erstwhile 17)

The Yeti Performed really well. Good Mileage, good Road Handling and Yes no squeaks and Rattles having traversed the Bad stretch twice in a day!
Old 2nd December 2013, 10:53   #231
Senior - BHPian

^^ Sorry to hear about your loss Sunil. I hope your family will find the strength to bear the irreplaceable loss.

Glad to know Yeti continues to do well. Highway mileage should be in excess of 15-16, no? Variation is due to village roads, I take, from your post?
Old 8th February 2014, 11:01   #232
BHPian

Hi Sunil

I hit upon your thread today while searching for Bluetooth for Skoda.

Please accept my condolence for the unbearable loss that you have suffered. No body can fill the void created by the loss of parent but this is the hard truth of life.

It is really good to see that you are so passionate for your possession. I have gone through the thread from beginning till end in one go. Although I was hard pressed for time, I could not resist scrolling through the pages and pictures. Must say that you have done the job very tastefully and neatly. Congrats!!

I have sourced a BT module for my Laura L & K just now. But it requires me to cut the power supply and canbus wires, to connect the Bluetooth kit to the Bolero unit, which has left me in a fix. I do not want to cut the wires. Just wanted to know how was it done in you car as Laura and Yeti have identical parts and equipment.

Thanks in advance
Old 8th February 2014, 13:10   #233
BHPian

Thanks for the condolences as well as the compliments. Please give me the model number of the BT kit. AFAIK genuine BT kits are plug and play. One end goes into the module and the other end goes into the Bolero music system. The existing quadlock connector of the Bolero would get plugged in into the ' out' quadlock of the Bluetooth harness. The harness acts as a jumper to the original wiring. The wiring of the microphone goes directly into the BT module. So I doubt if the kit that you have sourced is the right one! Feel free to contact me in case of doubts!!
Old 8th February 2014, 13:47   #234
BHPian

Thanks for the reply. The part no. mentioned in the order was 7P6035730K but the actual part supplied has part no. 5K0035730E. I am attaching a picture of the module.
Attached Thumbnails
Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-image002.jpg  

Old 9th February 2014, 06:23   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carizma View Post
Thanks for the reply. The part no. mentioned in the order was 7P6035730K but the actual part supplied has part no. 5K0035730E. I am attaching a picture of the module.
The Kit is the right one. but this one is for replacement of an existing non functional BT Module. you should have purchased the retro-fit module which looks something like this Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-12_max.jpg
Old 9th February 2014, 06:56   #236
BHPian

Thanks. I think that I will have to source a new wiring harness for the module.

If I am not wrong, the Yeti has halogen lamps. Have you tried/thought of fixing HID lights?
Old 9th February 2014, 07:35   #237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

If I am not wrong, the Yeti has halogen lamps. Have you tried/thought of fixing HID lights?
If you do not want to source a harness, you could follow a thread I recently created for adding a Bluetooth and MDI kit on VW/Skoda headunits. Thread link.

Getting a wiring harness is the best option but just in case you do not wish to spend extra, you could get the connectors crimped appropriately and there will be no mishap. Hope that helps.
Old 9th February 2014, 08:10   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
If you do not want to source a harness, you could follow a thread I recently created for adding a Bluetooth and MDI kit on VW/Skoda headunits. Thread link.

Getting a wiring harness is the best option but just in case you do not wish to spend extra, you could get the connectors crimped appropriately and there will be no mishap. Hope that helps.
I just went through your thread. Will cutting/splicing the wires not affect the warranty?
Old 9th February 2014, 08:19   #239
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just went through your thread. Will cutting/splicing the wires not affect the warranty?
It will. I didn't realize that your car was under warranty. In any case, try to convince the electrician at your Skoda service station to help you install it. They have a good understanding of the electrical systems. Get the harness as suggested by Sunil.

Do you have a picture of the wiring harness you got with the Bluetooth module?

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th February 2014 at 08:26.
Old 9th February 2014, 08:38   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Contact VAGTUNE www.vagtune.in - he will make a harness for you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks