Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2013, 21:10   #211
BHPian

Re: Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti

Hello Sunilrj

I have ordered something for my yeti yet to be delivered from superskoda.com.
I know that they dont have a good track record but it's a keychain that i desperately wanted and could not source anywhere else online.Not even on Ebay as you had got yours.
But now superskoda is showing the order status as dispatched but showing RECOMANDO in the tracking no.
I really dont know what to do:'(
Have my 14 Euros gone for a toss?
I have attached below pic for reference.
Thanks in advance.
Edit: Just found out from a few russian forums that RECOMANDO means Registered Letter which superskoda uses to ship very light weight items.
Does this mean that there is no way to track my order?
Attached Thumbnails
Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-screen-shot-20130322-8.56.32-pm.jpg  

Last edited by sidparekh : 22nd March 2013 at 21:28. Reason: Just realized something related to my question
Old 23rd March 2013, 06:07   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post
Hello Sunilrj

I have ordered something for my yeti yet to be delivered from superskoda.com.
I know that they dont have a good track record but it's a keychain that i desperately wanted and could not source anywhere else online.Not even on Ebay as you had got yours.
But now superskoda is showing the order status as dispatched but showing RECOMANDO in the tracking no.
I really dont know what to do:'(
Have my 14 Euros gone for a toss?
I have attached below pic for reference.
Thanks in advance.
Edit: Just found out from a few russian forums that RECOMANDO means Registered Letter which superskoda uses to ship very light weight items.
Does this mean that there is no way to track my order?

Superskoda are thugs!! Period. They do not respond to calls, emails and if you are very upset and try to fire them, you get called a cheat. The Keychain is still available on ebay, you have to put the address as ebay.co.uk and select worlwide for the search.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YETI-stain...item256e407d46

However since the order is placed just about 2 days ago, and i guess the shipping is free, keep looking for Updates to the order status. Most likely the item will be shipped through ordinary post and not Registered. in any case, the item takes 14-21 days to arrive from CZ. wait for 30 days and file a chargeback if paid thru Paypal / Credit card.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 15:19   #213
BHPian

Thanks a lot Sunilrj.
Have decided to wait for 15-20 days as I really like the item on superskoda and anyways I have a 45 day window for chargeback on PayPal.
Fingers crossed. Hoping for the best.
One question: Are there any other TBHP members who have recieved the item after showing the order status as RECOMANDO?
I remember reading a case like this a few pages back but it was not clear whether the matter was resolved of no.
Old 24th March 2013, 06:54   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Sunilrj.
Have decided to wait for 15-20 days as I really like the item on superskoda and anyways I have a 45 day window for chargeback on PayPal.
Fingers crossed. Hoping for the best.
One question: Are there any other TBHP members who have recieved the item after showing the order status as RECOMANDO?
I remember reading a case like this a few pages back but it was not clear whether the matter was resolved of no.
There are quite a few Briskoda Members who have NOT recieved their items after having the order status 'RECOMANDO'. am not sure if that has happened on T-bhp. I would also suggest to you another site tuning-in.eu also based in Czech Republic. Give him the photo of the item you want and he will procure it and send it to you. the guy is cool and accessible on email / phone. name is Petr Spurny
Old 26th March 2013, 18:43   #215
BHPian

Has anyone used a Bluetooth OBD 2 dongle with their Yeti? I want to get one so that I can run diagnostics myself using this Android app -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bC50b3JxdWUiXQ..
Old 26th March 2013, 19:01   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishik View Post
Has anyone used a Bluetooth OBD 2 dongle with their Yeti? I want to get one so that I can run diagnostics myself using this Android app -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bC50b3JxdWUiXQ..
i havent tried this dongle as i had my reservations as to whether it would be compatble. didnt want risking frying my OBD port, as most of the chinese BT dongles are capable of doing that. i use the VCDS cable by Ross-tech
Old 26th March 2013, 19:26   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
i havent tried this dongle as i had my reservations as to whether it would be compatble. didnt want risking frying my OBD port, as most of the chinese BT dongles are capable of doing that. i use the VCDS cable by Ross-tech
The Android app + ELM 327 standard dongle cost would be lower by an order of magnitude compared to the VCDS kit. The Android+ELM327 setup is also very compact and portable - once you fix the dongle you just have to carry your favorite Droid with you to run diagnostics Let's see if I can source a good quality dongle - maybe through someone who is returning from the US.
Old 26th March 2013, 19:35   #218
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:

Superskoda are thugs!! Period. They do not respond to calls, emails and if you are very upset and try to fire them, you get called a cheat. The Keychain is still available on ebay, you have to put the address as ebay.co.uk and select worlwide for the search.

[ordinary post and not Registered. in any case, the item takes 14-21 days to arrive from CZ. wait for 30 days and file a chargeback if paid thru Paypal / Credit card.
I don't like SuperSkoda either anymore. They ship sub-standard rubbish too, apart from the good stuff. I asked for a set of nice looking chrome rings which were to be mounted on the centre bottle holder area for the Yeti. What I got was some rubbishy cheap plasticky chrome coloured junk and a bottle of glue. Absolute rubbish. On asking them why they sold rubbish, they got impolite on mail so I got into a tirade with one of their people on the email. I will not shop there again.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th April 2013 at 15:53. Reason: Please avoid generalized and derogatory statements. Last line removed.
Old 26th April 2013, 15:26   #219
BHPian

had been noticing Rat Droppings in my bonnet since the past 10 days. thankfully the rats used to get their food from outside probably takeaways and have it in the warm confines of the engine Bay. I was terribly distraught on seeing the droppings and before they could start chewing on the wires and the eco-friendly components inside, i decided that i had to take action and eliminate the pests!

Bought 4 packets of Hit Rat Killer cakes and kept the cakes for 6 days. the cakes used to Vanish every day, but the rat droppings continued. Probably the Hit wasnt effective enough or the rats were feasting on it without it affecting their system.

had to search for another rodenticide when i came across a product called 'Ratol'. Bought a Tube of it and applied it on a few pieces of bread and lo this noon i find a dead Rat! Hopefully will find a few more within 24 hours from now. i should say ratol with its fruit based Jelly and 3% Phosphorus did the job!!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-ratol.jpg

Name:  ratol2.gif
Views: 2567
Size:  20.9 KB

Pictures of the rat not clicked coz of their gory nature!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 26th April 2013 at 15:32.
Old 26th April 2013, 19:10   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
had been noticing Rat Droppings in my bonnet since the past 10 days. thankfully the rats used to get their food from outside probably takeaways and have it in the warm confines of the engine Bay. I was terribly distraught on seeing the droppings and before they could start chewing on the wires and the eco-friendly components inside, i decided that i had to take action and eliminate the pests!

Bought 4 packets of Hit Rat Killer cakes and kept the cakes for 6 days. the cakes used to Vanish every day, but the rat droppings continued. Probably the Hit wasnt effective enough or the rats were feasting on it without it affecting their system.

had to search for another rodenticide when i came across a product called 'Ratol'. Bought a Tube of it and applied it on a few pieces of bread and lo this noon i find a dead Rat! Hopefully will find a few more within 24 hours from now. i should say ratol with its fruit based Jelly and 3% Phosphorus did the job!!

Attachment 1077648

Attachment 1077649

Pictures of the rat not clicked coz of their gory nature!
Good that you got rid of the rats before they did any damage. Just be careful with RATOL its highly toxic, I see a lot of suicidal cases in our hospital and even small amounts kill a human by liver failure in a weeks time.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 19:14   #221
BHPian

Hi Sunil, Congrats on the car mate. Yeti, no doubt is the most civilized beast one can lay hands on at right side of 20 lac. Enjoy the car to the fullest, and as usual. Drive Safe.
Old 29th April 2013, 03:44   #222
BHPian

Quote:
There are quite a few Briskoda Members who have NOT recieved their items after having the order status 'RECOMANDO'. am not sure if that has happened on T-bhp. I would also suggest to you another site tuning-in.eu also based in Czech Republic. Give him the photo of the item you want and he will procure it and send it to you. the guy is cool and accessible on email / phone. name is Petr Spurny
Sorry for the late update but received the item exactly one week from ordering. Coincidentally on the delivery of the car itself. Was able to surprise my father with this tiny gift!

Also, its been barely more than a month with the car and i cant stop thinking about accessorising it. First on the list seems to be the Front Bumper Aluminium Inserts, which look really cool IMO, father also approves.

In the list of genuine Skoda accessories available with the dealer, the cost is quite low, 1137 INR. But on the german milotec.de, the total cost is round 70 EUR+Expensive shipping to India

Sunirj, please advise.
Old 29th April 2013, 06:26   #223
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post

Good that you got rid of the rats before they did any damage. Just be careful with RATOL its highly toxic, I see a lot of suicidal cases in our hospital and even small amounts kill a human by liver failure in a weeks time.
Ratol contains Warfarin. Causes terrible internal bleeding.
Can harm pets like dogs and cats terribly too.
Even if say, a vulture or bird of prey eats the carcass of a rat thats been poisoned with Ratol, the traces of the poison take very long to degenerate and can cause the death of the vulture or other birds of prey too.
Old 29th April 2013, 06:28   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the late update but received the item exactly one week from ordering. Coincidentally on the delivery of the car itself. Was able to surprise my father with this tiny gift!

Also, its been barely more than a month with the car and i cant stop thinking about accessorising it. First on the list seems to be the Front Bumper Aluminium Inserts, which look really cool IMO, father also approves.

In the list of genuine Skoda accessories available with the dealer, the cost is quite low, 1137 INR. But on the german milotec.de, the total cost is round 70 EUR+Expensive shipping to India

Sunirj, please advise.
1. The front Alu-Inserts given by Skoda are made of ABS Plastic with Alu-Finish. The Ones offered by Milotec are made of Stainless steel.

2. The Alu - Inserts given by Skoda are a two piece Set which are about 6 inches long and get fixed into the bumper, where there is a provision for DRL's. The Milotec ones are 4 pc set fit into these two smaller slots, as well as two longer ones which fit into the horizontal slats below the grill.
Old 30th July 2013, 14:54   #225
BHPian

On a completely unrelated note, I was looking to change the radio swing in my 4x4 ambition to the blaupunkt 835 philadelphia, When i spoke to the Blaupunkt showroom in chennai, they said that the warranty will not be voided as blaupunkt supplies to the VAG group and the installation will not involve any wire splicing or cutting. I am not inclined towards the bolero because it seems to be ridiculously expensive and lacks both ipod and usb support and costs 40k more than the blaupunkt! Can i go ahead and get it done for the yeti? i am asking this because i have seen a lot of lauras and superbs being fitted with the Blaupunkt 835 philadelphia but not a single yeti as of date.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks