Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2013, 17:58   #196
BHPian

Re: Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by saswats View Post
Hi Sunil,

I hv ordered a bluetooth module from carsystems.pl for my yeti, how do I get an erwin manual for yeti?

regards,
Saswat
Bluetooth Module and Erwin Dont have any relationship. Erwin is basically a central Skoda Site which provides certain information and trouble shooting. the website address is: https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz.

i presume you mean you are looking for Elsawin, which is the Electronic Service manual, which gives wiring diagrams etc. This can be either purchased from VW directly at a high price or copies of the same can be bought on ebay. search for Elsawin 4.0 on ebay.co.uk and you will get quite a few results where the software costs 2.5-4k.

In case you are looking to do the bluetooth fitment and coding by yourself, you will need elsawin + VCDS Cable+ VCDS software. The VCDS cable can be purchased from www.ross-tech.com

in case you plan to do the fitment at the A.S.S. then the A.S.S. will help you. in Bangalore, Anto from Vinayak Skoda is quite experienced now in doing the fitments.

UPDATE ON OIL

this has already been posted on the VW/Skoda Oil Thread. but since the topic is also being discussed here, i deem it necessary to post it here.

SAIPL has been in constant touch with me and Shankar Balan on the issue.

in response to my Mails they set me the following reply:

Dear Mr. Gonsalves,

This is reference with the telephonic discussion with Mr. Nitin Dixit yesterday evening regarding the query related to oil uses in the vehicle VIN TMBMDF5L4BA701424. For engine 2.0 L (CLCB) sufficient to use engine oil is VW505 01 (no Long life oil) and as you aware service interval for India is fixed for 15.000 km or 1 year. The engine oil by VW507 00 is long life oil for service interval max. 30 000 km or max. 2 years, this service interval is not applicable for India. Anyway engine oil VW507 00 is also useable for your vehicle which is expensive as well. However the manual which is suplied with the vehicle contains global details. Looking forward to your kind understanding and support on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Sumita Malhotra | After sales
Skoda Auto India Pvt. Ltd., A 605, ICC Towers, S B Road,Pune, India. HQ- A1/1, Five Star MIDC, Shendra, Aurangabad 431201, India

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My reply:

Dear Ms. Malhotra

Thanks a lot for the clarification on the grade of oil to be used. could you please let me know which Oil is better for the Engine VW 505 01 or VW 507 00 ? Since the Differential Cost of VW 507 00 grade oil over the 505 01 grade oil is jsut about 350/- per litre, i would like to go in for the best product that is available at the same time protecting my engine from likely damage. Also since VW 505 01 Oil is 5W 40 and VW 507 00 Oil is 5W30 Wont using 505 01 grade oil during service affect the engine as the engine is factory filled with 5W30 Oil ?

regards
Sunil

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another Mail to SAIPL

Dear Ms. Malhotra

In continuation to my trailing mail, my Vehicle will be due for the 7500 km checkup on February 1st 2013. Could you please make sure that the VW 507 00 Grade oil is made available at the Service Centre ? M/s Tafe Access ltd., Mangalore. In case the same cannot be made available could you suggest from where i can procure the oil ? The Brand name etc ?

regards
Sunil
and Finally Resolution:

Dear Mr. Sunil Gonsalves,

Greetings from Tafe Access,

The SAIPl is instructed us to make use of Castrol Edge Professional LL III 5w30 available in 1lt packs. This meets VW 50700 and VW 50400.I am here by expecting your approval at the earliest to place the order.

Regards,

Vidyadhara Seethur,
Service Manager,
Tafe Access,
Mangalore.

and follow up By SAIPL

Dear Mr. Sunil,

As per our discussion, we have asked dealer to arrange for the required oil and keep you updated as availability is done for the further service of vehicle.

Thanks & Regards,

Mukul Borkar | After sales
Skoda Auto India Pvt. Ltd.,
A 605, ICC Towers, S B Road,Pune, India.
HQ- A1/1, Five Star MIDC, Shendra, Aurangabad 431201, India

Last edited by Sunilrj : 26th January 2013 at 18:10.
Sunilrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2013, 09:22   #197

Thanks Sunil , yes I did mean ELSAWin. I will go with the A.S.S , reassuring to hear that there is somebody experienced at Vinayak. Will keep everyone posted on how this goes.

Saswat
Old 1st February 2013, 19:25   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
wow, that's lot of work and 4 hrs! I don't know how much different are the steps to install the Dension Bluetooth/iPod/USB module, but it took at most an hour by the technician at the accessory shop on my yeti. I remembered they took out the globebox, disable the passenger side airbag, and some diagnostics with VAGCOM. And yes, the microphone is installed on the rear view (central) mirror.
Hey how is the Dension BT? How much did you pay for it, and is it possible to install the microphone in the OEM slot near the cabin lights?
Old 2nd February 2013, 06:15   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Hey how is the Dension BT? How much did you pay for it, and is it possible to install the microphone in the OEM slot near the cabin lights?
I guess Not. the Microphone of the denison is not of the size that it will go into the meshed area near the cabin lights. further it does not have the sliding channel to stay fixed without causing rattles inside the cabin light enclosure. if i remember well, the microphone in the case of denison is to be mounted / clipped on near the IVRM.
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:40   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
I guess Not. the Microphone of the denison is not of the size that it will go into the meshed area near the cabin lights. further it does not have the sliding channel to stay fixed without causing rattles inside the cabin light enclosure. if i remember well, the microphone in the case of denison is to be mounted / clipped on near the IVRM.
What will be interesting to see, is if the microphone from the OE bluetooth kit can be plugged into the dension. Then it will truely be a cheap replacement.
Old 2nd February 2013, 12:45   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
What will be interesting to see, is if the microphone from the OE bluetooth kit can be plugged into the dension. Then it will truely be a cheap replacement.
The Microphone cable of the OE bluetooth Kit comes with a Two Pin Connector which plugs into the cable set of the OE bluetooth Module. The OE bluetooth Module Powers itself from the quadlock Connector of the Bolero Music System. So i do not know if the transplant surgery will work.

BTW went in for the first 7500 Km Free Check up for the Yeti Today. The VAS scan was done, fluid levels checked, brake pads etc checked, underbody checked. a Free Body wash was offered which i declined as i prefer washing the car myself.

The Sports pedal kit was fitted. The pedals now look and feel better! total cost 5294/- inclusive of Labour.

Also was offered replacement of the rear emblem FOC as per the Skoda India campaign 6661. Shankar in his post had said that his emblem was replaced. read the advisory sent by skoda, wherein it is mentioned that in a few cases the paint on the emblem peels off due to unfavourable weather conditions and in all Yeti's sold between a particular period the emblem is to be replaced FOC. i declined for the replacement and made the A.S.S make a note in the DISS that i would reserve this replacement for a later date, if in case the paint does peel off. why fix something that is not broken!
Old 2nd February 2013, 14:15   #202
BHPian

I visited Autobahn's Kurla-Kamani Service centre last week to fix an annoying window rattle on the Yeti. The rattle has not recurred again since. I also got the following

1. Chrome plated steel exhaust tip (Part no. 5L0071910) - Rs. 1681.96 excl VAT

2. Sunglass holder (Part no. 1K0868837G Y20) - Rs 1620.84 excl VAT

added to the Yeti as accessories. VAT for the above was Rs 412.86 for a total parts cost of Rs 3715.66

The service staff had no idea on how to fix the sunglass holder. Their initial guess was that the whole cabin light assembly might have to be changed. But eventually they figured out that only the dummy plastic cover needs to be removed. They used a screwdriver to prise out the dummy leaving small scratch marks on the sides - although these are not obvious. The chrome exhaust tips look good and give the Yeti's rear some added character. From a distance the job looks clean but on close inspection, one can make out the cutting edge of the original pipes. Overall I am not unhappy with the quality of the job, but it could have been done better in both cases.

The total labor charges came out to Rs 505.62 incl of taxes of which Rs. 100 was for fixing the sunglass holder. I did not ask for the break-up of the rest.
Total charge for the service came out to be Rs 4221, which seems reasonable for a Skoda service. The Yeti has covered 4100 odd kms in 2 months and 3 days. The next service is the general check-up at 7500kms. Will keep you updated about how that one goes.
Old 2nd February 2013, 18:39   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishik View Post

The service staff had no idea on how to fix the sunglass holder. Their initial guess was that the whole cabin light assembly might have to be changed. But eventually they figured out that only the dummy plastic cover needs to be removed. They used a screwdriver to prise out the dummy leaving small scratch marks on the sides - although these are not obvious. The chrome exhaust tips look good and give the Yeti's rear some added character. From a distance the job looks clean but on close inspection, one can make out the cutting edge of the original pipes. Overall I am not unhappy with the quality of the job, but it could have been done better in both cases.
The Problem with Majority of the service staff is that they do not check ELSA for the fitment instructions. i always insist here on T-bhp and offline that when you go in for some fitment tell the service staff ' Please check ELSA for fitment and tool requirements'. the dummy plastic cover is to be pried out with a Special tool if i remember well its T3408. Most of the service centres have these special tools in their tool rooms but are too lazy to search. according to my A.S.S. and the information i have collected from VW/SKODA Tools website, for a skoda Car there are about 300 special tools - to remove the 12V socket, to remove the wooden trims, to remove the cabin lights etc.

The Chrome exhaust tips do look very elegant and add to the visual appeal. did the A.S.S. cut the tips using a hacksaw blade or a rotary cutter? if they used a rotary cutter then they should have used a electric file to smoothen the edges? even using a rotary cutter requires a very steady hand to get a even cut.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 20:49   #204
Team-BHP Support

If I ever get a Yeti, I'm going to paint the black portion of the bumpers and the side skirts to body colour. Makes it look much more upmarket.

http://www.carwale.com/used/cardetails.aspx?car=D408909

Heres an example, though this car has everything painted body colour, I would've left the grilles, etc black.
Old 2nd February 2013, 22:20   #205
BHPian

Quote:
The Problem with Majority of the service staff is that they do not check ELSA for the fitment instructions. i always insist here on T-bhp and offline that when you go in for some fitment tell the service staff ' Please check ELSA for fitment and tool requirements'. the dummy plastic cover is to be pried out with a Special tool if i remember well its T3408. Most of the service centres have these special tools in their tool rooms but are too lazy to search. according to my A.S.S. and the information i have collected from VW/SKODA Tools website, for a skoda Car there are about 300 special tools - to remove the 12V socket, to remove the wooden trims, to remove the cabin lights etc.

The Chrome exhaust tips do look very elegant and add to the visual appeal. did the A.S.S. cut the tips using a hacksaw blade or a rotary cutter? if they used a rotary cutter then they should have used a electric file to smoothen the edges? even using a rotary cutter requires a very steady hand to get a even cut.

Thanks again Sunil! I'll ensure that the service staff refer to the ELSA for future fitments. The tips were cut using a rotary cutter. I had to pop out for a bit while they were fitting the chrome tips so I do not know the exact procedure that they followed, but I guess they did not file the edges as you said.

I forgot to mention this - I was looking for good quality rubber mats for the Yeti since the ones that came with the "Recommended Accessories" kit during delivery tend to slip while driving. The service advisor showed me a set of Skoda Yeti OEM mats - these were manufactured in Belgium and had the Skoda tag and Yeti embossing. But, surprisingly, they were not a perfect fit around the accelerator. The driver-side mat covered the lower half of the accelerator and hindered its operation! Obviously I did not get them.
A friend's car has the 3M Nomad mats that trap dirt and liquids. I am not sure if these will be ideal for the Yeti. If anyone has suggestions/experiences with good quality rubber mats for the Yeti please do share them here.
Old 3rd February 2013, 06:31   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again Sunil! I'll ensure that the service staff refer to the ELSA for future fitments. The tips were cut using a rotary cutter. I had to pop out for a bit while they were fitting the chrome tips so I do not know the exact procedure that they followed, but I guess they did not file the edges as you said.

I forgot to mention this - I was looking for good quality rubber mats for the Yeti since the ones that came with the "Recommended Accessories" kit during delivery tend to slip while driving. The service advisor showed me a set of Skoda Yeti OEM mats - these were manufactured in Belgium and had the Skoda tag and Yeti embossing. But, surprisingly, they were not a perfect fit around the accelerator. The driver-side mat covered the lower half of the accelerator and hindered its operation! Obviously I did not get them.
Just Check the Part number of the yeti mats offered. Part No Should be : DCC630101 cost about 3000/-. AFAIK the yeti OE mats in rubber fit to a T. Also the OE Fabric Mat if given, which fits onto the Round Clip Locators would have to be removed as the rubber mats have two holes which go into these Round Clip Receptors to match the Round fixing stud. IMHO the wrong mat was placed in the drivers side.

The Picture of the Mats and in order of their placement in the cabin for your viewing pleasure

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-co7g3qwkkgrhqfl8ez0sf42bncjsvrqjq_35.jpg

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-kgrhqnhjdme8gcrjnsbbpm9gh2lfw60_12.jpg

Alternatively you could go in for Kagu 3D mats which are non-slip and pretty durable. when i took delivery i returned the mats to the showroom as a complimentary gift to them

Also do not worry if the Inside edges of the tail pipes are visible. within 100 kms of driving, they would be covered with enough soot that you woont be able to make out that the tips are actually retro fitted!
Old 7th February 2013, 09:43   #207

Bluetooth kit retrofit for Yeti

Hi All,

Finally got the BT kit retrofitted. Here goes the details.

Kit:
[VW Bluetooth KIT 7P6035730L - Retrofit - Newest Version],ordered from carsystems.pl. Here's the link.

http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-bluetoot...ion,id417.html

Cost 199 EUR + 35 EUR (Delivery by UPS Worldwide)+ Rs 3100 for custom duty

Order Experience:

Amazing, ordered on 25/01 (Fri), home delivered on 28/01 (Mon) as promised. The UPS person collected the custom duty by cash.

Service Experience:

Fixed up appointment with Vinayak Skoda @KR Puram, had to wait for an hour for the service advisor. Asked for Anto, the technician recommended by Sunirj. He was very busy , had to leave the car overnight for fitment. Collected the car next day evening with the bluetooth fitted and working.

Total labour charge - Rs. 4800.

Bluetooth - Experience So Far:

Works very well, good clarity and usability. This unit also streams bluetooth audio so no need for the iPod and AUX cable. I was apprehensive about compatibility with Android phones but no issues there. I use a Google Nexus 4 which just works fine. Connection is automatic as long as BT is on.

More on this later with some pictures. Thanks Sunilrj and other BHPians for the help and hope this is useful information for others wanting to go for the BT retrofit.

regards,
Saswat
saswats is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 15:41   #208
BHPian

Re: Bluetooth kit retrofit for Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by saswats View Post

Finally got the BT kit retrofitted. Here goes the details.

Service Experience:

Fixed up appointment with Vinayak Skoda @KR Puram, had to wait for an hour for the service advisor. Asked for Anto, the technician recommended by Sunirj. He was very busy , had to leave the car overnight for fitment. Collected the car next day evening with the bluetooth fitted and working.

Total labour charge - Rs. 4800.

Thanks Sunilrj and other BHPians for the help and hope this is useful information for others wanting to go for the BT retrofit.

regards,
Saswat
Vinayaka Saw a Major Opportunity coming their way, after Anto was briefed on how to do the fitment and now he has become an expert . BT retrofit is actually good Value edition as the BT works seamlessly with the Head Unit.

Your always welcome Saswat!! we are here to Help.
Old 7th February 2013, 17:51   #209
BHPian

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-yetimats.jpg

The mat marked by the red arrow in the above image was missing from the set of mats shown to me. There were two mats that were isomers of each other (one for the LHS and one for the RHS footwell) one of which was the one that appears to the left of the red-arrow-marked mat.
The reason the driver-side mat did not fit was the absence of the two "cuts" one for the dead pedal and the other for the accelerator pedal. Now, I wonder if the mats shown to me were meant for a Yeti that (a) did not have a dead pedal and (b) had a "suspended" accelerator pedal similar to the other two pedals. This is just a conjecture but I can't think of another reason that explains the two isomeric mats without the cuts.

I suppose, we all should follow Sunil's lead and check the part numbers before installing spare-parts or accessories. Is there a comprehensive list of Yeti part numbers available somewhere - perhaps in PDF or XLS format that we can keep as reference? We can over time and collaboratively build such a list on Google docs if it does not exist.

Quote:
Just Check the Part number of the yeti mats offered.
=====
Alternatively you could go in for Kagu 3D mats which are non-slip and pretty durable. when i took delivery i returned the mats to the showroom as a complimentary gift to them
You might as well have thrown them away, now the dealer will dump them in some other Yeti. The Kagu 3D mats are nice but they have a fabric texture to them and don't give the grippy feel that rubber mats give. But, if I don't find the kind I want soon I'll get the Kagu 3D.

Quote:
Also do not worry if the Inside edges of the tail pipes are visible. within 100 kms of driving, they would be covered with enough soot that you woont be able to make out that the tips are actually retro fitted!
This is true, the edges are hardly visible now. I'll try to post pics soon.
Old 7th February 2013, 18:15   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1048288

The mat marked by the red arrow in the above image was missing from the set of mats shown to me. There were two mats that were isomers of each other (one for the LHS and one for the RHS footwell) one of which was the one that appears to the left of the red-arrow-marked mat.

I suppose, we all should follow Sunil's lead and check the part numbers before installing spare-parts or accessories. Is there a comprehensive list of Yeti part numbers available somewhere - perhaps in PDF or XLS format that we can keep as reference? We can over time and collaboratively build such a list on Google docs if it does not exist.

You might as well have thrown them away, now the dealer will dump them in some other Yeti. The Kagu 3D mats are nice but they have a fabric texture to them and don't give the grippy feel that rubber mats give. But, if I don't find the kind I want soon I'll get the Kagu 3D.

If the Mats were isomers then i doubt if they are the Original Ones. The original Ones the part No of which i had given earlier have these cuts! also the original Ones have the words 'Yeti' engraved on them exactly as it appears in the pic. if you cant get them from the dealer source them from ebay.co.uk or skodaparts.com

There is a comprehensive list of Accessories along with their pricing right here on T-Bhp on this Thread ------>>> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...their-mrp.html

Tailpipe cutting is a very difficult process as with a high speed rotary cutter it is difficult to have an even cut. my experienced lathe guy had difficulty cutting it evenly!

The return of the Mats to the dealer was a goodwill gesture for giving me such high quality mats The Kagu Mats have a fabricy texture, but are actually something called Polyester Blended or Polypropelyene textured. They do give a grippy feel in the sense that they do not slip, but sometimes the foot tends to slip when the mat is wet.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks