Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2012, 21:03   #151
BHPian

Re: Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreephadnis View Post
Have you installed Cruise control on your Elegance? If so is this the part no
VW Skoda cruise control stalk 1K0953513G, I remember reading somewhere on Team BHP that the cruise control is a pain to fit and that the part no was wrong and has changed, Has anyone got this fitted without any problems?
the part Number is BEA600002A . the wiring and fitment is cumbersome and requires opening of the ECU and connection on one of the Pins of the ECU. Unless you are desperately looking for a cruise control i wouldnt recomenned going in for the CC>

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
I have very limited knowledge about cars but I would think Cruz control may only be installed if you have a automatic (gear-box) vehicle. Wonder if Cruz control on manual car is possible. I am watching this space for the answer.
it is possible.. but the installation sis a very risky process. it involves opening of the ECU and Please note that the CC will not show the speed indictation on the MFD on a diesel Engine
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 00:08   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorauto

www.carsystems.pl is prompt in shipment indeed. I was pleasantly surprised to have received the 9w7 in 3 days flat.

They carry some other interesting stuff in their product catalog including the adaptive head lamp control unit. I am hoping @Sunilrj or @Pramods or someone as adventurous and with technical insight as them would take the plunge and lead the way

Another interesting site for many such control units and interface modules is http://www.cars-equipment.com.
Thanks they indeed we're very quick placed the order on Saturday they shipped on Monday and I received it today on Wednesday.will now be speaking with the dealer for the installation tomorrow.would recommend this dealer promptly to anyone great service
Old 8th November 2012, 01:11   #153
BHPian

Got my bluetooth kit from them a month ago but havent been able to get it installed,my dealer vinayaka skoda has been of no help i spoke to a service advisor who said it will be done by the acessories guy in the showroom and the guy there says a/c and reverse sensor will stop working if i install the kit.

could someone guide me as to where i could get it installed in bangalore,thank you.
Old 8th November 2012, 06:05   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakneck View Post
Got my bluetooth kit from them a month ago but havent been able to get it installed,my dealer vinayaka skoda has been of no help i spoke to a service advisor who said it will be done by the acessories guy in the showroom and the guy there says a/c and reverse sensor will stop working if i install the kit.

could someone guide me as to where i could get it installed in bangalore,thank you.
I have got mine installed at Vinayaka service center on old madras road. Please speak to a guy named ANTO. He installed mine and did a good job
Old 8th November 2012, 09:40   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorauto

I have got mine installed at Vinayaka service center on old madras road. Please speak to a guy named ANTO. He installed mine and did a good job
Has anyone on this group got this installed in Ahmedabad I spoke to Skoda Service Centre here and they seem to have no clue of the installation and keep insisting on buying casa from them
Old 8th November 2012, 11:01   #156
BHPian

Thanks XPLORAUTO,
Just spoke to Mr Anto and Mr ayyan they where a little hesitant when i told them i had imported the kit myself but then agreed when i told them it was a Skoda oem accessory.i was on the verge of selling it and going in for a denision 500 BT unit.thanks for the info.
I also wanted to get a few options activated on my yeti could someone on the forum hep
Old 8th November 2012, 17:14   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_i View Post
Has anyone on this group got this installed in Ahmedabad I spoke to Skoda Service Centre here and they seem to have no clue of the installation and keep insisting on buying casa from them
Caska is Not Skoda India Approved, nor a Skoda OEm Accessory. Tell the Service Centre the part number and ask them to check it out on their ETKA. they should be able to install it, by following the ELSA

Quote:
Thanks XPLORAUTO,
Just spoke to Mr Anto and Mr ayyan they where a little hesitant when i told them i had imported the kit myself but then agreed when i told them it was a Skoda oem accessory.i was on the verge of selling it and going in for a denision 500 BT unit.thanks for the info.
I also wanted to get a few options activated on my yeti could someone on the forum hep
Let me Know what options you want to activate. in case the options arent dangerous, i will Guide you.

Anto has already done a fitment for @xplorauto 's Yeti. He knows how to do the fitment and coding
Old 12th November 2012, 12:22   #158
BHPian

I'm at Vinayaka skoda getting the Bluetooth kit fixed,they have quoted a labour charge of Rs 5500 is it normal?i felt it was too much for the work involved.
Old 12th November 2012, 13:12   #159
BHPian

Quote:
I'm at Vinayaka skoda getting the Bluetooth kit fixed,they have quoted a labour charge of Rs 5500 is it normal?i felt it was too much for the work involved.
be thankful that they have agreed to fit the Bluetooth. Fitment of bluetooth with care, and as per OE requirements requires about 4 hours. the trims to be removed are:

1. RHS Beige Dash Trim
2. RHS Light Switch Boreal Wood Trim
3. RHS Fuse Box Cover
4. RHS Inner Door Sill Trim
5. RHS A-Pillar trim
6. Cabin Light Housing
7. Microphone Housing in Cabin Light
8. frame for Housing Cabin Light
9. Loosening of the RHS Driver Seat
10. Removal / Slackening of RHS Footwell Carpet
11. Removal of the Radio + Climatronic Outer Trim
12. Removal of the Radio Trim
13. Removal of the Radio
14. Coding of the Canbus + Gateway
15. route the wiring under the carpet
16. route the wiring around the radio

this requires a lot of patience and care. One mistake and the whole system will be rendered useless. if you want the job to be done professionally and also a Bill to be given for the Job then 5500 is a small amount to be paid.

Alternative is to do the job yourself like i did. after 4 hours i was a jubilant but an extremely tired man!

PS: Most Skoda Dealers are finding that these fitments are getting them the moolah and not the regular jobs

Last edited by Sunilrj : 12th November 2012 at 13:30.
Old 12th November 2012, 13:23   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj

be thankful that they have agreed to fit the Bluetooth. Fitment of bluetooth with care, and as per OE requirements requires about 4 hours. the trims to be removed are:

1. RHS Beige Dash Trim
3. RHS

Alternative is to do the job yourself like i did. after 4 hours i was a jubilant but extremely tired man!
There is also the problem of scratches. The service manager here says the colours used are so light that any dirt getting onto the facia is very difficult to remove.
Old 12th November 2012, 13:27   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
There is also the problem of scratches. The service manager here says the colours used are so light that any dirt getting onto the facia is very difficult to remove.
a careless job will make you see dirty fingerprints on the roof lining and everything that is light coloured including the A-pillar, the Beige trims etc. removing those stains is a bigger headache. Not to forget the scratches which would be permanent.

ofcourse when i did the fitment i used 4 pairs of disposable plastic gloves so that the roof lining was not soiled, but then i still managed to soil the lining and then i had to buy a can of upholstery cleaner to clean the mess. thankfully i didnt end up scratching up the fascia or the plastics
Old 12th November 2012, 15:19   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post

1. RHS Beige Dash Trim
3. RHS Fuse Box Cover
4. RHS Inner Door Sill Trim
5. RHS A-Pillar trim
6. Cabin Light Housing
7. Microphone Housing in Cabin Light
8. frame for Housing Cabin Light
9. Loosening of the RHS Driver Seat
10. Removal / Slackening of RHS Footwell Carpet
11. Removal of the Radio + Climatronic Outer Trim
12. Removal of the Radio Trim
13. Removal of the Radio
14. Coding of the Canbus + Gateway
15. route the wiring under the carpet
16. route the wiring around the radio

this requires a lot of patience and care. One mistake and the whole system will be rendered useless. if you want the job to be done professionally and also a Bill to be given for the Job then 5500 is a small amount to be paid.

Alternative is to do the job yourself like i did. after 4 hours i was a jubilant but an extremely tired man!

PS: Most Skoda Dealers are finding that these fitments are getting them the moolah and not the regular jobs
wow, that's lot of work and 4 hrs! I don't know how much different are the steps to install the Dension Bluetooth/iPod/USB module, but it took at most an hour by the technician at the accessory shop on my yeti. I remembered they took out the globebox, disable the passenger side airbag, and some diagnostics with VAGCOM. And yes, the microphone is installed on the rear view (central) mirror.
Old 13th November 2012, 01:04   #163
BHPian

Quote:
If I remember right, Vinayaka charged me 4000/- bucks for the 9w7 install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
I was apprehensive to start with but I was pleasantly surprised indeed to see him approach the whole process quite professionally. He had the right tools for the job and had put on a fresh pair of anti stain gloves for the work. I saw him use rubberized trim removers and ABS tipped screw drivers. Overall a splendid job carried out. So didn't mind paying what they charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
And yes, the microphone is installed on the rear view (central) mirror.
Are you sure it is on the mirror? The 9w7 comes with a mic which fits in the housing where the front roof lights are. If you look closely in that housing there is a perforated region in the plastic which is where the mic is installed. After the fitment, one cannot see the mic at all. Also, for the 9w7, I dont think you need to remove the glove box. The box is mounted below the driver seat and the wiring runs through the floor, then on to right of the steering where the fuse boxes are, then climbs up through the A-pillar to the roof and then turns towards the roof light assembly. I also observed that there was a neat passage to run the wire down to the mic on the roof.
Old 14th November 2012, 05:48   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorauto View Post

Are you sure it is on the mirror? The 9w7 comes with a mic which fits in the housing where the front roof lights are. If you look closely in that housing there is a perforated region in the plastic which is where the mic is installed. After the fitment, one cannot see the mic at all. Also, for the 9w7, I dont think you need to remove the glove box. The box is mounted below the driver seat and the wiring runs through the floor, then on to right of the steering where the fuse boxes are, then climbs up through the A-pillar to the roof and then turns towards the roof light assembly. I also observed that there was a neat passage to run the wire down to the mic on the roof.
I Guess Bahrur installed the Denison Gateway. For fitment of the Gateway the Glovebox needs to be removed. am not sure if the mic offered in denison is the same as the OE mike.
Old 16th November 2012, 12:30   #165
BHPian

Another Skoda Joins the family! For More on this Development Click Here --------------->> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2963623

This Morning i Send a message to the Guys at SAIPL and This is the reply I get!

'Sir, Heartiest Congratulations! We are equally happy about your new purchase and at the same time I assure you about our services to you. I am sure we shall surely meet your expectations. Thanks! PS: I shall be back in office on 19th November'

heartening to recieve Such messages from Senior execs at SAIPL!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks