Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 10:03   #16
BHPian

Re: Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti

fantastic ride, congratulations.
indeed a good color choice defined and evergreen color.
nothing added to talk about product.
few days back i took a test drive of my friend's Yeti and i really felt steering on heavier side, may be because of my earlier experience with Maruti & VW.
do you feel the heaviness in your Yeti?

enjoy the ride.
Old 7th August 2012, 10:14   #17
BHPian

Thank you Nicky!

The Steering is on the heavier side as its an Electro Mechanical Power Steering. So the Steering Firms up on Low speeds and Loosens up on Higher Speeds. Inflation of the Tyres also Influences this to an extent. if the Tyres are underinflated the Steering would be heavier than Normal

Maruti and VW have electronic Power steerings (EPS) which are very light, but tend to become Vague at high speeds
Old 7th August 2012, 14:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj
Thank you Nicky!

The Steering is on the heavier side as its an Electro Mechanical Power Steering. So the Steering Firms up on Low speeds and Loosens up on Higher Speeds. Inflation of the Tyres also Influences this to an extent. if the Tyres are underinflated the Steering would be heavier than Normal

Maruti and VW have electronic Power steerings (EPS) which are very light, but tend to become Vague at high speeds
Dont you think it should be the other way. That is at low speeds steering would feel light and as the speed increases the steering firms up. I also have a 4x2 amb yeti, and i dont feel the steering on heavier side. In fact my sx4's steering feels heavy compared to yeti.
Old 7th August 2012, 14:26   #19
BHPian

Congratulations Sunilrj on acquiring your beloved vehicle. Indeed, there is more to life than just money. Does the hill hold function engage automatically or you have to press a button ?
Old 7th August 2012, 15:20   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Whoo hoo! They really look nice!
SUPERSKODA eh?
I think I shall do some shopping too.
Only trouble is the nasty envious baboons who infest the roads here in Bangalore will tend to steal such nice little things as these!
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Here are a Few Pics of the Valve caps! Aint they Looking Elegan(ce)t ?

Attachment 966224

Attachment 966225

Attachment 966226
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 15:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Whoo hoo! They really look nice!
SUPERSKODA eh?
I think I shall do some shopping too.
Only trouble is the nasty envious baboons who infest the roads here in Bangalore will tend to steal such nice little things as these!
Cheers!
Not Superskoda, but our good old ebay! Costs about $3 for these (Rs. 175/-) the Lockable ones are $7.5 including shipping! The Envious Baboons wont be able to steal them!
Old 7th August 2012, 15:31   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Not Superskoda, but our good old ebay! Costs about $3 for these (Rs. 175/-) the Lockable ones are $7.5 including shipping! The Envious Baboons wont be able to steal them!
Thanks a lot.
I will logon to ebay and search.
Cheers!
Old 7th August 2012, 20:10   #23
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Sunil! Thanks for sharing the review, that too with good quality pics! And excellent choice of colour. Keep updating the thread regularly with your snowman experience

Quote:
The Steering is on the heavier side as its an Electro Mechanical Power Steering. So the Steering Firms up on Low speeds and Loosens up on Higher Speeds.
You mean the other way around? I thought the Yeti’s steering weighs up well at higher speeds.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 21:27   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post

You mean the other way around? I thought the Yeti’s steering weighs up well at higher speeds.
Yes you are correct. I guess Sunil inverted what he wanted to say. The Yeti has a very light steering at slow speeds and while parking, reversing etc. It weighs up solidly at high speeds and stays as steady as a rock owing to its speed sensitive electro mechanical steering.
The steering feels fantastic at high speeds meaning 100kmph and above.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 21:44   #25
BHPian

Thanks Vb and Sagpatel and Sorry for the Mistake. Shankar is right. the steering is light at low speeds and firms up as the speed increases. too much running through my mind.the wait for the accessories from superskoda and ebay, the Bluetooth install being pursued with SAIPL, the Rugged wheel arch extension kit etc that i ended up with a contradictory statement.

Last edited by Sunilrj : 7th August 2012 at 21:46.
Sunilrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 20:58   #26
BHPian

Pics of the Mileage returned by the Czech maiden During her City jaunts!

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012080800030.jpg

Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti-img2012080800031.jpg
Old 8th August 2012, 22:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your Good Wishes. The Year of Production is July 2011! These are CKD Kits Manufactured in Europe and Imported and Assembled in India.
It was Picked up by the Dealer from Aurangabad on 27/06/2012
Thanks for the clarification. So does this mean that Skoda keeps the kits in stock and assembles it as and when an order is received from a dealer or is it that the assembled car was with Skoda for some time.

Those valve caps do look really elegant. Just be careful every time you get air filled in your tires for a few attendants never put them back.
Bookkeeper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 06:05   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
Thanks for the clarification. So does this mean that Skoda keeps the kits in stock and assembles it as and when an order is received from a dealer or is it that the assembled car was with Skoda for some time.

Those valve caps do look really elegant. Just be careful every time you get air filled in your tires for a few attendants never put them back.
Regarding the Year of production i guess the parts are imported to India and Assesmbled according to the demand (target set by Skoda for the Month) thereafter they are disptached to dealers. the fact that even the lot disptached by Skoda on 13/07/2012 bears the month of Manufacture as August 2011 confirms this to some extent.

Yes the Valve Caps are elegant! I fill Nitrogen so the refill is once in 3 months and i always get down form the vehicle and scrutinze the Actions of the tyre attendants.
Old 9th August 2012, 07:22   #29
BHPian

and now Some Information for the Attention of Audiophiles:

The Yeti is equipped with a Bolero Music System which has a SD Card reader. The Quality of Playback of MP3's from the SD card is a 100 times better as compared to CD's (MP3 or Audio).

i Therefore Bought a 32 GB SD card, only to find that half of the 7000 Odd Songs do not display. Then i went and Purchased another 16GB SD Card and again to my dismay found a few folders not being displayed. accordingly did some research, got a Bolero User Manual which gave me some great inputs through a friend who is in the United Kingdom.

firstly the Music for the SD cards should be prepared using this Software: http://www.lfsv.dk/diverse/bolero.php - this is more like a organiser which organises the files in the manner the HU would want it to be

this is because in order to maintain fast read times and scan times, a limit has been placed on the number of folders and subfolders within the main folders. again a limit also seems to have been placed on the number of tracks on the Card. the software above re-organises the files in such a manner so as to make the unit read the folders and the Sub folders without much difficulty. Below is a quote from a help Board:

There are at least 2 different manufacturers of this unit ( delphi & bosch) , there may be more. I assume the basic functional specifications are the same, however it is fair to assume there are some differences in the parts used and one of these differences is that the SD card reader in the Delphi model can read a 32gb card, but has a limit on the number of files (I assume to speed the reading up, and I guess they assume that most people don't have 32gb of music or won't tranfer it all at once)

Your assumption that the are differences in firmware is correct, but that isn't to say that the firmware is transferable from one machine to another. I guess what i am saying is that just because the Bosch unit reads 32gb, that doesn't automatically mean that the Delphi unit can be flashed with the Bosch software and everything will be sorted.

I genuinely do not think it is possible any longer to read the whole 16 or 32gb's of the card. I believe VAG or Delphi have limited the reading of the card to 2,000 ish tracks so the unit has enough memory to read quickly enough to make the unit useable.
Sunilrj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 12:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and now Some Information for the Attention of Audiophiles:

The Yeti is equipped with a Bolero Music System which has a SD Card reader. The Quality of Playback of MP3's from the SD card is a 100 times better as compared to CD's (MP3 or Audio).
That is a great find, though I use my iPod with the bolero primarily. As regards to the superior playback from SD card, I have reservation. A CD audio is far ahead of playback quality than a MP3 (either used via USB pen drive, iPod or SD)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks