Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2015, 19:44   #646
BHPian

re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
IMO, the facelift will address the price differential b/w Altis and Elantra rendering that evaluation parameter redundant.

I personally feel cheated because I bought an Elantra in November 2014 when I was told by the SA that the facelift cannot happen until mid 2016 because he applied the logic of any incumbent variant (launched in 2012) needing about four years of fair run until it gets bested by its successor. I will not be worried if it is mere cosmetic changes like the ones you mentioned, but will be terribly disappointed if they launch the global Avante (launched in 2013/4) with Sunroof, touch screen ICE and seat ventilation for rear passengers.

Having heard from quite a few people, unfortunately for you, Hyundai is bringing in the updated Elantra with touch ICE and seat ventilation.
However, you shouldn't bee too disheartened considering that Hyundai might also probably increase the price substantially.

Honestly, unless they have changed the EPS or the suspension, most of the changes brought in would be cosmetic like DRLs and LEDs which are easily available after market.
Old 17th March 2015, 19:55   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
Having heard from quite a few people, unfortunately for you, Hyundai is bringing in the updated Elantra with touch ICE and seat ventilation.
I spoke with HMP Chennai. The SA assured me they have not taken me for a ride and the current changes include stuff such as new alloy wheels, DRLs and projector head lamps. He said there are not other changes and added this is a mid life botox shot and not a variant swap with Avante. And the on road (top variant) will increase by about 65-75K in Chennai. I hope I can continue to pass on my Elantra as a last and the latest variant
Old 18th March 2015, 13:47   #648
BHPian

My SA who assisted me during my buying process pretty much echoed the same view enclosed in this link on the mildly updated version coming out this month.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/12/2...in-2015-162430
Old 19th March 2015, 20:41   #649
BHPian

Hi all,

Can anyone please advise me about buying an Elantra at this point of time? My uncle is almost on the verge of booking the top end diesel SX variant but I stopped him after reading the updated one might be around the corner. However, I couldn't find any related article over the internet about the facelift. All I could find is about the 2016 elantra which is new model altogether.

Please advise what would our best bet? Initially we were looking towards the Jetta but the substantial price difference has made us bring back to elantra. Avoiding Octavia because of the A.S.S horror stories and again due to high price tag!

Please advise!

Thanking in advance!
Old 22nd March 2015, 11:01   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Hi all,

Can anyone please advise me about buying an Elantra at this point of time? My uncle is almost on the verge of booking the top end diesel SX variant but I stopped him after reading the updated one might be around the corner. However, I couldn't find any related article over the internet about the facelift. All I could find is about the 2016 elantra which is new model altogether.

Please advise what would our best bet? Initially we were looking towards the Jetta but the substantial price difference has made us bring back to elantra. Avoiding Octavia because of the A.S.S horror stories and again due to high price tag!

Please advise!

Thanking in advance!

Not sure if it's confirmed, but the mildly updated Elantra is like to be in by end of month or early next month. You might as well wait and book next month. Expect the price to be bumped up.
Old 22nd March 2015, 15:29   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Hi all,
... but I stopped him after reading the updated one might be around the corner. However, I couldn't find any related article over the internet about the facelift. All I could find is about the 2016 elantra which is new model altogether.

Please advise!
The mildly facelifted variant is confirmed my friend. Reading the previous ten posts will serve you well. The update details were also mentioned in my earlier post. A 15 days wait will serve you well, however, will also set you back by about 70K. If you dont think the proposed updates are worth it, you could also try and bargain a sweet deal (subject to stock availability) on the incubment variant.
Old 29th March 2015, 11:00   #652
BHPian

Just heard from the dealer that the new Elantra facelifts includes the following:

Exterior
-updated headlights with projector lights and LED DRL
-updated bumper with new fog lamp design
-dual tone rear bumper
-new 10 spoke alloys design

Interior
- all new 1tone BLACK interiors
- negative type display for better daytime visibility
- 2 knob audio system
- Touch screen (4.3" LCD) audio system in top end variant
- slight change in air vent positions

Deletion
- rear seat audio controls

I have booked one of this and waiting for the launch. Am told mid April deliveries would start as of now. Hope they don't delay further !
amithsebastian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 12:11   #653
BHPian

Just a while back a MS Swift bumped into my Elantra from the rear. It seemed to be a medium level hot. When I got out to check the damages, I found that my rear bumper was totally fine except for a small tear/scratch. But the MS swifts front grill had a big dent and probably damaged the radiator too.
Was it because of the Elantra superior build or the crash crumple feature of any modern car???

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 30th March 2015, 12:05   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amithsebastian View Post
I have booked one of this and waiting for the launch. Am told mid April deliveries would start as of now. Hope they don't delay further !
Any information on pricing? is it going to remain the same or what will it increase to? If the OTR price increase is more than 75K for the top spec variant, i hold no grouse of having bought the CRDI AT as recently as Nov 2014!
Old 30th March 2015, 12:20   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Any information on pricing? is it going to remain the same or what will it increase to? If the OTR price increase is more than 75K for the top spec variant, i hold no grouse of having bought the CRDI AT as recently as Nov 2014!
The pricing is not out yet. But they said there will definitely be a hike in pricing. I luckily got to book with price protection ( same as old model) as they were offering that for the first few bookings which was before the changes & pricing were announced.
Old 30th March 2015, 12:33   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amithsebastian View Post
The pricing is not out yet. But they said there will definitely be a hike in pricing. I luckily got to book with price protection ( same as old model) as they were offering that for the first few bookings which was before the changes & pricing were announced.
Congrats on price protection. AFAIK Elantra in the last six months (i have three data points including mine) largely sold with decent discounts. You could benefit by nearly 75K (i got 80K including 12.5K X-bonus) on the top spec if you persist. So, it will be interesting to know the net impact.
bhaskaracs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 12:56   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on price protection. AFAIK Elantra in the last six months (i have three data points including mine) largely sold with decent discounts. You could benefit by nearly 75K (i got 80K including 12.5K X-bonus) on the top spec if you persist. So, it will be interesting to know the net impact.
Thanks ! Some xchange bonus and discount in Insurance has been thrown in with it as well. I hope the Diesel AT would do the trick in this mad bangalore traffic! The black interiors i feel would be a good refresh from the beige am used to for quite some time now !
Old 30th March 2015, 12:57   #658
BHPian

Sad to see no big screen like in international variants. The screen is too small, and i believe there won't be any navigation either.
Old 31st March 2015, 14:36   #659
BHPian

I believe this mid-life botox shot seems like an effort to normalize Elantra's equation with Verna. Plainly speaking, Elantra being a premium vehicle compared to Verna should definitely possess all features the latter has a starting point. Elantra did not have projector head lamps and DRLs for instance.
Old 1st April 2015, 03:50   #660
BHPian

This is good news as Ive been wanting the projector headlights for my Elantra for a while now!

Can anyone tell me if the new lamps and tail lights would fit the 2013 model or not?

Plus, will the new touchscreen ICE also fit the existing model?

I'm sure these will be available for purchase from the workshop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks