Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2013, 11:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi

Congrats vaisakhr on the ZDi. Glad that you got the top variant. The white looks absolutely beautiful.

You'll appreciate the forgiving suspension, the much improved NVH, the stock ICE and the feel good interior of the new Swift. Have fun munching miles.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 11:44   #17
BHPian

Congatulations Vaishak!

I liked the way you've written your ownership report especially the pictures!. The first pic is awesome and those long exposure shots in the night are good too. May be a better location would have made them look even better. You've got skills bud!

Your Swift looks great in white. The alloys on the ZDI variant are just an icing on the cake. They are so beautiful, I am tempted to have them on my car!

Wish you many happy miles on your new steed. Take care and drive safe.
Do keep us posted about the updates and your new ICE.

Godspeed..

Last edited by naut : 10th January 2013 at 12:03.
naut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 21:05   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Finally! The report is up. Congrats Vishakh. Welcome to the family. Now it's the time to have a meet and have a look at your car.
I'm sure you will enjoy every bit of your experience with the car. 570km in 6 days? I see that I'm right with my statement. Enjoying it to the core right?

Kindly keep the thread updated. I'm sure it will be helpful for all of us.
Thanks Naveen, looking forward for a meet soon. Wish I could drive it all day long. Its been 7days and 680km today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Hello Vaisakhr,

Seems like you have already started enjoying her to the T. Some really fun times for both of you'll post run in, huh?

Any certain reason why you opting for Yokos instead of Michelins?

Additionally, I see that the mud flaps haven't been installed. Kind of makes the rear profile incomplete. Why not add door guard strips as well?

Looking forward to the rubber + ICE upgrade pics which will ensure shortly.

Again, superb choice of the car. There's no other one which can so conveniently check all rights.
Thank you MetalBuff, the car is still in running in, keeping my speeds below 70 to 80kmph and revs below ~2200rpm. But you don't need go at 80 to enjoy a tight curve .

About the yokos, one of my friend have them(A drive) installed on a figo and I like it very much. Haven't experienced michelins yet.

The dealer don't have the mud flap on stock. They will inform when it arrives. I don't like the door guard at all, even on the body color. It spoils the side profile. Yes am scared of people trashing their doors on to ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Congrats vaisakhr on the ZDi. Glad that you got the top variant. The white looks absolutely beautiful.

You'll appreciate the forgiving suspension, the much improved NVH, the stock ICE and the feel good interior of the new Swift. Have fun munching miles.
Thank you deetjohn. The noise levels are very good. Unless you go beyond 2.5k rpm you won't feel the engine noise at all(experienced from the TD car)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
Congatulations Vaishak!

I liked the way you've written your ownership report especially the pictures!. The first pic is awesome and those long exposure shots in the night are good too. May be a better location would have made them look even better. You've got skills bud!

Your Swift looks great in white. The alloys on the ZDI variant are just an icing on the cake. They are so beautiful, I am tempted to have them on my car!

Wish you many happy miles on your new steed. Take care and drive safe.
Do keep us posted about the updates and your new ICE.

Godspeed..
Thank you naut, the alloys are great looking I must say.

About the ICE am planning to go to Galaxy, Cochin to do it. As I have a 2ch kenny and a bull 12" sub, I'll be looking for a monoblock to drive the sub and a pair of components with my 2ch kenny. Will upgrade the HU too. I am having only ~40k budget. Can anyone suggest a decent set up for my budget?

Thanks and Best Rgds
vaisakhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 21:09   #19
BHPian

Congratulations Vaisakh chetta, and an awesome review!!

I really know how you must be feeling when you push her through the curves, puts a grin as wide as the Sahara on your face, right?

I must say, really nice pictures!!

I agree with Naveen chettan, we should meet up soon, need to have a close look at that beauty!
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2013, 14:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Visakh and wishing happy swifting and smiling miles. Saw the thread and the news only today. Hoping to meet you and the car in a mini meet pretty soon. With your prowess with the camera expecting many more pics.

Last edited by rajeev k : 12th January 2013 at 14:18.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2013, 07:43   #21
BHPian

vaisakhr: Congrats on a fabulous purchase and a very nice crisp review.
The first photograph is really awesome. Amazing!!

I have a swift ZXI and got the shoes upgraded to Yokos. Worth all the money. I f you are planning to upgrade, I suggest you do so at the earliest to get max exchange price.

keep us posted on the ICE front!!

Wish you many miles and smiles with the car.
pradyblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2013, 22:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Congratulations Vaisakh chetta, and an awesome review!!

I really know how you must be feeling when you push her through the curves, puts a grin as wide as the Sahara on your face, right?

I must say, really nice pictures!!

I agree with Naveen chettan, we should meet up soon, need to have a close look at that beauty!
Thanks da. Its a dream through the curve I must say. Sorry I wasn't able to call you during the install. No problem, we'll have a meet soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Congrats Visakh and wishing happy swifting and smiling miles. Saw the thread and the news only today. Hoping to meet you and the car in a mini meet pretty soon. With your prowess with the camera expecting many more pics.
Thank you sir, didn't get many chance for more clicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyblr View Post
vaisakhr: Congrats on a fabulous purchase and a very nice crisp review.
The first photograph is really awesome. Amazing!!
Wish you many miles and smiles with the car.
Thank you pradyblr. Will keep the thread updated.

ICEing
Hello guys, had some ICEing over the cake.

Not a big setup. Just for my satisfaction. Wanted a much more elaborate setup. Due to the shortage of Vitamin M restricted my wishes.

Setup :
(New)
Front : Morel tempo 6c
Rear : Auditor 165c
Amp : Hertz HE1d
Damping : Dynamite extreme (on all four doors)
(Existing)
Amp : 2ch Kenwood
Sub : Bull audio (don't remember the model)

Installation :
Installation was done by Galaxy, Cochin. Its a nice place I must say. Thanks fellow bhpians naveen.raju and speed.demon for suggesting this place. I would recommend them to every one.

As I don't have much knowledge about the product and none reply to my post in the forum, I asked Mohammad's (Galaxy) advice. He took a brief interview of me asking what kind of music I used to listen, whether I play them loudly, quality or features, bass or treble etc,. He suggested this setup would be nice. He asked me whether to put the tweeters of morel's on the pillar, as I don't want them to be closer to my ears told him install on the door itself. The work was started around 12pm. They ripped the doors, took the seats out (told them to put the amp under the seat to save intrusions in the boot, as the sub some decent space in the space don't want to loose more). Almost 2-3 guys working together in my car itself at time of starting. Then my phone rang and got an urgent appointment with some one special. Couldn't afford to miss that so I had to leave the shop around 1pm . So I wasn't lucky with the pics. Came back in the evening. They were about to test the setup. Mohammad along with me sat inside the car. He did some fine tune to the system as per my liking. Fired it up on full blast and it was really nice. Nice and clear sound even at high volume. And I was happy to hear the bull's beat. Luckily they had some interface to connect the existing steering controls to the new JVC hu. What could be better. I am loving my car more.

My sincere apologies for not having detailed pic.
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4223.jpg

Glad I could match the color of HU with the built in light.
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4225.jpg

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4233.jpg

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4237.jpg

Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4239.jpg

Boot was small and its got smaller againg. Mom's gonna kill me.
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc4243.jpg

Total damage is 41k including the buyback of stock OEM HU.

Next is seat covers, steering light and some drl's.
Odo : 863km(8days)

Last edited by vaisakhr : 13th January 2013 at 22:42.
vaisakhr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 10:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post

Thank you very much VishnuNarayanan, We do conduct some meet occasionally. Please inform if you are coming to cochin. We can arrange a meet. Will keep the thread updated.
Thank you for the invitation . Will surely notify you on my visit to Cochin.
The new ICE looks good ! Looking forward to experience the new ICE someday during some meet.
Old 14th January 2013, 13:38   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Odo : 863km(8days)
Steering light? Are you going to get Philips DRLs? Planning to put up the stickers so that we can identify your car more easily.
Old 14th January 2013, 13:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Steering light?
I was also thinking of asking the same question. What exactly is the steering light?
Old 14th January 2013, 14:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi vaisakhr, congrats for the new Swift and thanks for the nice and short to the point review! I too have Morel tempo components in my Swift and its a sweet sounding set, good choice. Get this USB drive to store music, it will be unobtrusive http://www.sandisk.in/products/usb/drives/cruzer-fit/

Where in Cherthala are you residing at? My grandparents home is near the KSRTC stand.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 22:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Steering light? Are you going to get Philips DRLs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I was also thinking of asking the same question. What exactly is the steering light?
Extremely sorry. It was a typo, what I really meant was steering cover. I have no idea how it came out like that . Yes Naveen am looking for philips 4 lamp drl. Galaxy quoted 6k for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Hi vaisakhr, congrats for the new Swift and thanks for the nice and short to the point review! I too have Morel tempo components in my Swift and its a sweet sounding set, good choice. Get this USB drive to store music, it will be unobtrusive http://www.sandisk.in/products/usb/drives/cruzer-fit/

Where in Cherthala are you residing at? My grandparents home is near the KSRTC stand.
Thank you very much Sankar. I too love it! The voice didn't crack at high volumes.

I have ordered the same flash drive this morning on flipkart!! Thanks for the suggestion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Odo : 957km
Will hit 1k tomorrow and will give for the first service on day after tomorrow.
Old 15th January 2013, 08:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much Sankar. I too love it! The voice didn't crack at high volumes.

I have ordered the same flash drive this morning on flipkart!! Thanks for the suggestion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Odo : 957km
Will hit 1k tomorrow and will give for the first service on day after tomorrow.
The only problem is since its too small you can lose it easily as it doesn't make its presence felt in your pocket if you forget that its there. I nearly lost it once when i removed it and put it in my shirt pocket when i gave the car for service

As for the steering cover if you need the perfect finish go for a genuine leather cover, i saw an older model Swift's steering wrapped in MGA leather cover and it looked great.

I tried replying to your PM but it seems that you have not chosen to receive private messages or the forum says so.
Old 15th January 2013, 10:42   #29
BHPian

Everything else aside, I love the opening shot TWO

You must be dabbling in photography to get all those shots the way you did.

Congratulations on your purchase! Wishing you a safe and enjoyable time with this car
DDIS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 21:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The only problem is since its too small you can lose it easily
As for the steering cover if you need the perfect finish go for a genuine leather cover
You are correct there is big chance of misplacing it.
I've ordered steering cover from stanley, cochin. Its been a week since i've ordered still no news about the arrival of the cover from 'Bangalore'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS View Post
Everything else aside, I love the opening shot TWO
You must be dabbling in photography to get all those shots the way you did.
Congratulations on your purchase! Wishing you a safe and enjoyable time with this car
Thank you very much DDiS, glad you love the pic. Appreciate your comments very much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Odo : 1052km (12days)
Going for the first service tomorrow. Will upload the details after that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks