Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 22:30   #46
BHPian

Re: Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Can you please let us know from where did you source these mats , and how much did it cost ?

Cheers
I bought it from a carpet and mats shop in Cochin. This is their site
http://www.gloryandco.com/home.html
The cost is around 80rs/sq.ft
vaisakhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 22:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
I bought it from a carpet and mats shop in Cochin. This is their site
http://www.gloryandco.com/home.html
The cost is around 80rs/sq.ft
Oh ok , is there any specific name for these kind of mats ?
I was also planning to get similar kind of mats .

cheers
Old 19th February 2013, 22:58   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Its a been a while since had an update in the thread. Due to the classes and travel I wasn't able to do it, sorry.

Got flip keyed!

They are the same as Harrison's. But I bought it from ebay. Got the fob and the key(blank) for 1.1k including shipping. Got the key cut from a key duplicating shop (thanks to fellow bhpian jose and naveen for suggesting the shops). Installed the keys myself at home.
I would be interested in getting the flip key done for my car. Located the one on eBay for 990. Is it the same you bought? How's the quality? Did the remote chip fit in we'll into the flippy key mould?

How much did you pay for the key cutting. Any feedback on quality there?
Old 19th February 2013, 23:11   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post

I would be interested in getting the flip key done for my car. Located the one on eBay for 990. Is it the same you bought? How's the quality? Did the remote chip fit in we'll into the flippy key mould?

Can we duplicate these car keys and use them like the original ones ? I heard these keys have some kind of coding stuff .
Old 19th February 2013, 23:31   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Located the one on eBay for 990. Is it the same you bought? How's the quality? Did the remote chip fit in we'll into the flippy key mould?

This is the one I bought. Hope it is the same. The quality is not bad. Didn't like the Suzuki logo. Applied some chrome silver kind of spray paint. Waiting for it to dry. The cutting was 90rs. 5min job. He did the job right in front of me.

Quote:
Can we duplicate these car keys and use them like the original ones ? I heard these keys have some kind of coding stuff .
Yes. They have a chip attached inside the fob. You can see them once you open the fob. The chip also has to be transferred to the new fob to get it work.

Quote:
Oh ok , is there any specific name for these kind of mats ?
cheers
Sorry, don't know the exact name
Old 19th February 2013, 23:41   #51
BHPian

Quote:
This is the one I bought. Hope it is the same. The quality is not bad. Didn't like the Suzuki logo. Applied some chrome silver kind of spray paint. Waiting for it to dry. The cutting was 90rs. 5min job. He did the job right in front of me.

Yes. They have a chip attached inside the fob. You can see them once you open the fob. The chip also has to be transferred to the new fob to get it work.
yes i was looking at the same listing. Ok, so as i get it, once the flip keys come, i just disassemble one of the original keys, transfer the remote chip and transponder to the flip keys, get the key cut and job done?

does it require any kind of reprogramming etc. how easy is the install job.

do post pics after the paint has dried off.

Harrison is charing 1800 + courier for doing the same job which can be done for 1200 at home. was just worried about the quality.
Old 20th February 2013, 07:46   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, so as i get it, once the flip keys come, i just disassemble one of the original keys, transfer the remote chip and transponder to the flip keys, get the key cut and job done?
Absolutely correct .
Quote:
does it require any kind of reprogramming etc. how easy is the install job.
Doesn't require any reprogramming as we are using the same controller and chip. It is easy as assembling a lego. Only thing to care is the screws. They are very small and the head can be easily damaged by the screw driver. Use correct size '+' screw driver or you will screw up the head as I did.

Quote:
do post pics after the paint has dried off.
Yes, I will

Quote:
Harrison is charing 1800 + courier for doing the same job which can be done for 1200 at home. was just worried about the quality.
That was the main reason I didn't give a second thought ordering the key from ebay as soon as I saw it. Haven't seen the harrison make in person. But in the video and all this looks same to the harrison's. Quality is not bad. Only difference with OEM key is that, there is a lengthy slot right in the centre of the key which is not there in the flippy blank. And this cannot be done in the local key shop.
Old 20th February 2013, 09:51   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Only difference with OEM key is that, there is a lengthy slot right in the centre of the key which is not there in the flippy blank. And this cannot be done in the local key shop.
Doesnt that affect the working of the key? i guess without the slot the key will not fit the ignition.

If it does, any idea whats the function of the slot on the OEM key?
Old 20th February 2013, 12:30   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Doesnt that affect the working of the key? i guess without the slot the key will not fit the ignition.

If it does, any idea whats the function of the slot on the OEM key?
Don't know why is it provided. May be it acts as a guide. But it fits in the slot perfectly. Tried a couple of times turning and starting the engines etc. Didn't feel any problem.

May be some one can provide some clue what that is.
Old 1st April 2013, 07:58   #55
BHPian

Did the 5k service few days back. Service was done by Popular, Vyttilla. The SA I got this time was a much better guy. His name is Joy, if any one going to this SC I would strongly recommend him.

I told him to change the oil. Didn't want to run the car upto 10k with the oil which had the running and all. Had some minor wheel alignment issues even after the service. I asked him about that and he said their machine doesn't have that accuracy, so its better to so the alignment from out side! Is it true that the ASC doesn't have a good wheel alignment machine? Any way it was minor only I got it corrected from Global tyres, Kundannoor.

Experience with car so far
:
Pros :
  • Fun to drive, especially in the corners. I had mentioned this point many time, still.
  • Steering feels good.
  • Silent and smooth engine
  • Fuel economy. I had managed to extract 17 to 18kpl with ac and most of the time inside the city only. MID reads 17.6kpl for avg consumption. I don't think its bad.
  • Switch like gear shift.
  • Mild whistle of the turbo at lower rpm's is feast to the ear.
Cons :
  • Steering feels dead for the first 15 to 20 deg of the steering wheel. Doesn't have that bouncy rubbery feel of a hydraulic PS. But its not bad for EPS comparing to some other hatches with the same set up.
  • Rattles!! Had some and managed to fix it my own. Now I know how to remove the roof paneling, door panels, sun visor etc .
  • Last but not least boot space. If you carry more luggage often, this is not a car for you.
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-untitled_hdr23.jpg

Bought an OBD scanner. Need to test it properly. Will update soon.
Dream come true! Presenting my Maruti Swift ZDi-_dsc6079.jpg
vaisakhr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:19   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Got steering cover done from Stanley, Cochin. Very nice to hold.
How much did it cost? I'm planning to get one done for my i20. I'd be interested in knowing the location also.
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:08   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajpv87 View Post
How much did it cost? I'm planning to get one done for my i20. I'd be interested in knowing the location also.
It starts from 2.5k I think. But it depends on the leather you choose. I opted for nappa and it cost me around 4k. I know it's too much for a steering cover, but I like the feel of it.
Old 18th August 2013, 20:41   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Bought an OBD scanner. Need to test it properly. Will update soon.
Have you tested the OBD II scanner on your car?

Can you please post the picture of the location of the OBD II port if the car is compatible?

I already have this and use it regularly on my 2010 Ritz VDi. I will be changing the car soon so having the Swift ZDI as an option so wanted to clear my doubt on this.

Can you post some screen shots of the ECU readings.

Anurag.
Old 19th August 2013, 09:30   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Have you tested the OBD II scanner on your car?

Can you please post the picture of the location of the OBD II port if the car is compatible?

I already have this and use it regularly on my 2010 Ritz VDi. I will be changing the car soon so having the Swift ZDI as an option so wanted to clear my doubt on this.
Yes it will work in the new Swift, both Diesel and Petrol.

The port is at the lower LHS on the panel below the steering column. When the dongle is connected it protrudes above the clutch pedal making it difficult to connect and drive, so either get 1) an extension cable or 2) get the smaller type dongle or 3) break open the large dongle and use only the internals (PCB+connector). I'm doing the third since i already had a large dongle (the one pictured above) with me, its always connected and stays out of sight.

Last edited by Sankar : 19th August 2013 at 09:38.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 10:18   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Yes it will work in the new Swift, both Diesel and Petrol.

The port is at the lower LHS on the panel below the steering column. When the dongle is connected it protrudes above the clutch pedal making it difficult to connect and drive, so either get 1) an extension cable or 2) get the smaller type dongle or 3) break open the large dongle and use only the internals (PCB+connector). I'm doing the third since i already had a large dongle (the one pictured above) with me, its always connected and stays out of sight.
Even I use the same adapter and the location of the OBD II port is in the same place as the Swift in my Ritz but the protrusion and interference while driving is not seen.

May be it would be related to seating position and height of driver also depends may be.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks