Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 23:03   #61
BHPian

Re: TATA Safari Storme EX Urban Bronze-Buying Experience Initial Ownership Report

Wow! What a set of wheels man!

The snap where the Storme and the XUV are facing each other looks as if the croc is gonna eat that cheetah..alive!

Mods, pardon me for going OT. But, I wanted to pen down what first came to my mind after seeing the stances of the two vehicles.

TML should make these as standard offering .
Old 30th August 2013, 16:24   #62
BHPian

Re: TATA Safari Storme EX Urban Bronze-Buying Experience Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
\\Plus 1 to this . I was also wondering with the limited gap due to protruding alloys, the fender will take a hit when you go over the bumps. Moreover, due to wide stance there will be stress on the front suspension components over time. I think OEM specs alloys would be more suitable.

Cheers
Hi Vignesh,

I am going to book storme tomorrow, would appreciate your advise on:-

1) The cost of tyre & alloy upgrades - I am interested in upgrading it after taking delivery.
2) What Rahul said - what is your experience it is hitting fender on bump and actually putting stress on front suspensions .
3) What would be the best color - Wife likes bronze, I also like pearl champange & silver.
Old 30th August 2013, 17:09   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post
1) The cost of tyre & alloy upgrades - I am interested in upgrading it after taking delivery.
3) What would be the best color - Wife likes bronze, I also like pearl champange & silver.
The ideal cost of a tire and alloy upgrade should be around 50-60k depending on the brand of tires and alloys you choose.

I suggest you go with your wife to the yard and take a long look at all the colors parked there before you take a call on the color to choose. That is the best approach.

On another note though, the urban bronze and the black are the toughest colors to maintain on any car.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 16:24   #64
BHPian

What happened to this thread? Vignesh seems to have gone underground and taken the thread with him!!??
Old 12th January 2014, 21:51   #65
BHPian

Bang!

Sorry guys for going completely off the grid.Ive been tripping around a lot for work (and a wee bit of fun) for the past many months.
Kumki's progress report at a year old and 10 k smilometers on the odo is A+.No troubles,niggles, sneezes or hiccups.The car is doing duty diligently whenever and wherever demanded.If I had to write something in the negative remarks collumn, it will be the rattles and squeaks.My tail gate is squealing like a rat at every puddle and my second row door joined the party on my trip to lansdowne(today) Ill try to get this fixed in my service this month.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140112_213439.png
Views: 4922
Size:  527.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140112_214850.png
Views: 4647
Size:  543.2 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by Aditya : 17th January 2014 at 12:10.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 17:23   #66
BHPian

I think the one thing that's sorely missed in this vehicle is Steering mounted controls. For a vehicle in this price range , it should be an absolute must.
Old 8th September 2014, 20:40   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
I think the one thing that's sorely missed in this vehicle is Steering mounted controls. For a vehicle in this price range , it should be an absolute must.
Actually Tata has listened to the feedback. Lot of users complained that a music system without steering mounted controls is a must in this segment. So they removed the music system. Now there is no music system without steering mounted controls in the Safari
tsk1979 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 21:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Actually Tata has listened to the feedback. Lot of users complained that a music system without steering mounted controls is a must in this segment. So they removed the music system. Now there is no music system without steering mounted controls in the Safari
Is there a logical reason for this request made by the customers ?
Old 8th September 2014, 21:11   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Hilarious! What can be next.....third row seats? I think Tata will look into 'packaging' while bringing up the facelift.
Old 27th September 2014, 20:09   #70
BHPian

Congrats on driving my dream car dude. Hopefully, someday soon I will have the honor of taming this beast. The color looks fab in the new Storme.!!!

I am waiting for you to update on the ownership experience of the "Storme" in your life.

I recently paid a visit to the Concorde Motors showroom (just to have a look at the beast even if I cant own it right now) and have to compliment TATA on the design element incorporated.

T.A.S.S angle apart (somethings can never change), is the car giving you any niggles to deal with and what are the FE figures you're getting in Delhi.
Old 28th September 2014, 12:29   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.sxna View Post
T.A.S.S angle apart (somethings can never change), is the car giving you any niggles to deal with and what are the FE figures you're getting in Delhi.
I don't know about Vignesh, but I am getting a consistent mileage between 12.25 to 13.50 kmpl in Delhi - NCR driving, with AC on 90% of the time. And I have been recording the mileage ever since I got the vehicle in January 2014.

No niggles as such, considering some really bad stretches that I cross every day to work. The only complaint I have is something making a squeaking noise from somewhere in the front right and the rear door rattling on some bad patches. My car has done 23500km + till now.
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2014, 12:41   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
I am getting a consistent mileage between 12.25 to 13.50 kmpl in Delhi - NCR driving,
wowww, even if I were to assume an avg. mileage of 12.8 from the range you've mentioned, I think that's pretty awesome for a vehicle of Safari's stature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
My car has done 23500km + till now.
Dude, those are some serious miles you've crunched considering that you laid on hands on the beast only in Jan'14.

23500 in 9 odd months !!!

Would like to go through your travelogue
Old 28th September 2014, 18:54   #73
BHPian

Latching on this thread a trifle late. Hearty congratulations, Vignesh - quite a capable beast you have. Wishing you lots of happy miles, and do keep the pics coming! Have lapped up all updates, waiting for more
Old 11th March 2015, 15:29   #74
BHPian

Hello people,

I own a Storme in Urban Bronze colour too. It has rin 17000 Kms in a little more than a year.
The rear squeaking door problem can be fixed by cleaning the dirt in the door latch. Also the service center guys spray something (forgot the name of the spray), which acts like a cleaning agent and lubricating agent.

The squeaking noise from front may be due to loose seats.
Some rattle may be from the window glass.

I've faced these problems so far with the vehicle.

Hope this information helps the fellow Storme owners.
v_safari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 13:33   #75
BHPian

This thread popped up again with some activity, so I thought I shall also update my status vis a vis the beast here for everyone's benefit.

Mine is a Safari Storme EX (PW), taken delivery on 3rd January 2014 from Concorde Motors, South Extension, New Delhi. As of today, it is 1 year, 2 months and 13 days old. Presently, the odo is at 37,050 km.
So far, the car has not given any trouble except some rattles and squeaks from the doors and the driver's seat-back springs.
Rear left shock absorber was replaced under warranty due to a mild leak detected at the 15k km service.
The light in the analogue clock in the middle of the dashboard has never worked, right from the time I took delivery. However, I have not bothered about it much.
Most of my driving is within Delhi NCR, with trips that cover Gurgaon to Noida and Ghaziabad distances.
Outstation drives so far include the following:
  • Two trips to Kasauli - Shimla and back.
  • One trip to Deogarh (near Udaipur).
  • SOUL drives in NCR, North Regional Drive to Corbett and Taj Drive to Agra.
  • One drive to Chakrata to see snow, via Yamunanagar and Paonta Sahib.
Trips planned:
  • Drive to Kerala via Goa and back in April.
  • Trip to Jalori Pass and Parashar Lake (HP) in April.
  • Trip to Leh in June.
Since I drive the beast quite a lot every day, I plan to go for a preventive maintenance service every 7500km, where I will get all the suspension parts checked and replaced if necessary, oil and oil filter replaced and complete diagnostic check on the engine, electricals and electronics. I am also contemplating getting the engine flushed, if necessary. By doing it every 7500km, I will also not be deviating from the 15000km recommended service interval in the vehicle records and service history.
I hope to keep the beast alive and kicking for at least 8-9 years before retiring it. I am sure God will help me in this.

Cheers to all those who own the real deal!
sasi405 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed