Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2013, 11:56   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post

Thanks! I wished the start-stop was an eco-pro mode exclusive... The pics look great and the GC looks nice as well. I saw a review on Youtube of the 2013 F30 and the GC looked horribly high which made me certain that the first thing I gotta do is get a set of KVs/H&R/BC racing (whichever is cheapest) coilovers within the first week of getting the car... But umm...now I guess I can leave it for a bit later stage.
I suggest u get bigger wheels at some point just so the car looks good with the High GC.

Do a few drives with 4 adults in the car. Because of the soft suspension, you'll feel a considerable difference in the behavior of the car. So if u wanna keep the car as your daily drive , I would not recommend lowering the car.

I own a civic and I have to drive it so carefully through some speed bumps. With the Beamer there's no such problem at all.
Old 2nd September 2013, 13:25   #62
BHPian

Re: My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
I suggest u get bigger wheels at some point just so the car looks good with the High GC.

Do a few drives with 4 adults in the car. Because of the soft suspension, you'll feel a considerable difference in the behavior of the car. So if u wanna keep the car as your daily drive , I would not recommend lowering the car.

I own a civic and I have to drive it so carefully through some speed bumps. With the Beamer there's no such problem at all.
Bigger wheels = Further increase in ground clearance, haha! :| So the coilovers/lowering springs would be needed at some point of time... 225/50/17 looks good IMO and just changing the rims design of the sportline with something more sporty (M6 GranCouple style) with 12mm spacers all over and a pinch of lowering should do the trick.
Old 2nd September 2013, 23:05   #63

The GC was actually increased from 145 cms (?) to 157 cms on the 2013 update of the 2012 F30.

My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)-image390151816.jpg
Old 2nd September 2013, 23:40   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling_stone View Post
The GC was actually increased from 145 cms (?) to 157 cms on the 2013 update of the 2012 F30.
I think you meant "mm". 145 cms will be 1.45 meters!
Old 3rd September 2013, 06:29   #65

Yup. My mistake! Hopefully I didn't give the low GC enthusiasts a heart attack...a burst of laughter would have been just fine!
Old 3rd September 2013, 09:05   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling_stone View Post
Yup. My mistake! Hopefully I didn't give the low GC enthusiasts a heart attack...a burst of laughter would have been just fine!
How I did miss that? BTW, thanks for the info as I wasn't aware that the GC is that much. When I took TD of F30 last month it felt similar to E90 with respect to driving position. Maybe because I only TDed these two cars and haven't driven them long enough.
Old 3rd September 2013, 10:11   #67

I personally feel the first few times you drive a new car, your mind is so biased with the driving position of your current car that it is impossible to fathom whether the new driving position is better or worse. Having said that, for a person of 5'10" height I keep the seat at 100% of full height possible to get a good view of the "low lying" distractions on our Indian roads at low city speeds. At higher speeds on highways, a 10% lower position is more comfortable. You can always save two positions on the driver seat memory! As for GC, the higher clearance on the 2013 model was actually a deal-maker for me. Reason being, I actually drive sportier and faster with the assurance of higher GC willing to let the car ride over an occasional unforeseen large pothole rather than brake or steer aggressively and risk getting rear-ended in the process! Psychologically, with a GC of 140 or 145mm a personality like me would be very weary to drive sportily on bad stretches of our roads! But that's just me, each one to his own...
rolling_stone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 16:25   #68
BHPian

Hello Bluebeem, I own a white 320d luxury line. your ride looks sweet. Would you mind sharing the FE figures? Mine is 11-12 in eco pro cruising, it becomes 13.5 max on exclusive highway driving. The sales guy in the front portion of the showroom guarantees 18kmpl & the service guy in back says average is 10-12 and lucky score is 15kmpl. Different experience before & after purchase. Also have there been any other events with the car? My car has a loud squeaking noise from front left wheel when I apply brakes & turn the steering, for a left turn. Went to check with service but it disappeared when the service guy was sitting in the car with me. It's kinda embarassing.

Last edited by Veelubai : 22nd September 2013 at 16:48. Reason: got confused with page numbers & replied to an old and resolved question
Old 30th September 2013, 12:17   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Hello Bluebeem, I own a white 320d luxury line. your ride looks sweet. Would you mind sharing the FE figures? Mine is 11-12 in eco pro cruising, it becomes 13.5 max on exclusive highway driving. The sales guy in the front portion of the showroom guarantees 18kmpl & the service guy in back says average is 10-12 and lucky score is 15kmpl. Different experience before & after purchase. Also have there been any other events with the car? My car has a loud squeaking noise from front left wheel when I apply brakes & turn the steering, for a left turn. Went to check with service but it disappeared when the service guy was sitting in the car with me. It's kinda embarassing.
Hi Veelu,

Thanks !

My FE figures are very similar to yours. In the city i get between 10-11 kmpl in comfort. And on the highway i haven't got more than 14 (probably because i floor the pedal everytime i can).

i've done 5000 km No Problems with the car yet. The sunroof inner cover when left in open position makes a vibrating/knocking noise during the drive. This is from the very day i bought the car.

The noise from your left wheel could be erosion/dust particles on the break disc or break pads. I had a similar problem with my Honda, they cleaned the break discs and pads, and it was gone. And yes the noise would often disappear. Especially after the car was washed.

As you may have understood from my thread, my sales experience with BMW was horrible to say the least. I went to the extent of complaining to the India head as i was taken for a ride even while purchasing certain accessories. The SA dealing with me was finally fired. But the experience remains same - I'd asked for a test drive of 1 series 20 days back. I'm yet to get one. Thats the condition of their sales.

These guys are lying through their nose to get customers to buy their cars. While the after sales/service is fantastic.
Old 30th September 2013, 14:44   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Veelu,

Thanks !

The noise from your left wheel could be erosion/dust particles on the break disc or break pads. I had a similar problem with my Honda, they cleaned the break discs and pads, and it was gone. And yes the noise would often disappear. Especially after the car was washed.

These guys are lying through their nose to get customers to buy their cars. While the after sales/service is fantastic.

There was a mixup & a small problem with my car's delivery & I haven't been to service yet, so don't know about that. Got the car on 31st dec 2012 & loving it since. Recently painted the wheels to dark-gray/blackish. Here are some pics. 4500kms done. Have ordered a small lip spoiler & also going to paint the mirror cover black.
Attached Thumbnails
My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)-img_1488-copy.jpg  

My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)-img_2729-copy.jpg  

My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)-img_2734-copy.jpg  

My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)-img_2739-copy.jpg  

My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)-img_7716-copy.jpg  

Veelubai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 17:01   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
There was a mixup & a small problem with my car's delivery & I haven't been to service yet, so don't know about that. Got the car on 31st dec 2012 & loving it since. Recently painted the wheels to dark-gray/blackish. Here are some pics. 4500kms done. Have ordered a small lip spoiler & also going to paint the mirror cover black.
Wow the wheels look really good! How much did the paint cost you? and where did u get it done?

I've been looking to change the wheels of my car as well. Saw these M sport wheels on a 320d in Delhi, they look insane! have been looking for similar aftermarket ones ever since as the original ones cost 5.2 lacs !
Do let me know if anybody in your knowledge can provide the same.

Looking forward to the front lip. contemplating the same with a boot spoiler too!
Attached Thumbnails
My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)-bmw_4_series_m_performance_2014_05_1024x768.jpg  

Old 30th September 2013, 19:01   #72
BHPian

Quote:

I've been looking to change the wheels of my car as well. Saw these M sport wheels on a 320d in Delhi, they look insane! have been looking for similar aftermarket ones ever since as the original ones cost 5.2 lacs !
Do let me know if anybody in your knowledge can provide the same.

Looking forward to the front lip. contemplating the same with a boot spoiler too!
I have seen aftermarket wheels at Autopsyche and J&J Motorwerks. Last enquired J&J even had an M-Sport body kit with complete bumpers and skirts along with the standard aftermarket kidney grille and CF mirror caps. Too bad our Beemer purchase didn't fall through!

Make sure the offset of the wheels you buy don't jut beyond the arch. Most BMW wheels are 5x120 but offsets vary a lot.
Old 22nd December 2013, 20:58   #73
BHPian

Looking for an alpine white F30 and I kinda have two options;

1. Get an Alpine White Sport Line with Black Interiors
2. Get an Alpine White Luxury Line with Saddle Brown Interiors and get the M-Performance alcantara trim.

Which one would you suggest?
Old 23rd December 2013, 11:22   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2. Get an Alpine White Luxury Line with Saddle Brown Interiors and get the M-Performance alcantara trim.

I'd pick Option 1. There's nothing like understated luxury!

Get the wheels painted in gunmetal to complete the look
Old 23rd December 2013, 13:37   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Second option any day. I love the saddle brown interiors and even my parents and sister loved them. But they were not available as an option in the base variant. Interiors are afterall where you will be everytime you drive the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks