Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2013, 16:23   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Looking for an alpine white F30 and I kinda have two options;

1. Get an Alpine White Sport Line with Black Interiors
2. Get an Alpine White Luxury Line with Saddle Brown Interiors and get the M-Performance alcantara trim.

Which one would you suggest?
Sport line has sports seats which you must get. As per your posts on other threads this car is exclusively for you, in that case sport line is a no brainer.

Also, the red stitching on black leather looks killer.

Saddle Brown is for family cars and also I can't really see value in luxury line without those awesome sports seats knowing that they both cost same.
the_skyliner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 08:54   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for an alpine white F30 and I kinda have two options; 1. Get an Alpine White Sport Line with Black Interiors 2. Get an Alpine White Luxury Line with Saddle Brown Interiors and get the M-Performance alcantara trim. Which one would you suggest?
You seem to be decided on the exterior colour. If that's the case, I'd recommend a white sports line. The luxury line only lives up to its its true potential in dark body colours as only then it really highlights all the chrome panels and chrome work on the exterior of the car. Plus the saddle brown interiors don't look "jaw dropping" in the white car.

On the other hand, white sports line with black interiors looks the works ! The sports line looks most smashing in lighter shades (silver and white) as it really highlights the contrast black kidney grills, interiors, side view mirrors and door panels. Looks fantastic overall.

Cheers !
Old 16th January 2014, 12:12   #78
BHPian

Re: My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Second option any day. I love the saddle brown interiors and even my parents and sister loved them. But they were not available as an option in the base variant. Interiors are afterall where you will be everytime you drive the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Sport line has sports seats which you must get. As per your posts on other threads this car is exclusively for you, in that case sport line is a no brainer.

Also, the red stitching on black leather looks killer.

Saddle Brown is for family cars and also I can't really see value in luxury line without those awesome sports seats knowing that they both cost same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
You seem to be decided on the exterior colour. If that's the case, I'd recommend a white sports line. The luxury line only lives up to its its true potential in dark body colours as only then it really highlights all the chrome panels and chrome work on the exterior of the car. Plus the saddle brown interiors don't look "jaw dropping" in the white car.

On the other hand, white sports line with black interiors looks the works ! The sports line looks most smashing in lighter shades (silver and white) as it really highlights the contrast black kidney grills, interiors, side view mirrors and door panels. Looks fantastic overall.

Cheers !
Alpine White / Saddle Brown with M Performance Power Kit it is.
All my car as of now has the black interior except the Duster so wanted a change... The minor exterior bits will anyway be changed sooner or the later so I gave the Luxury Line a go for its beautiful saddle brown interiors. I'm considering the option of the M Sport front bumper and black anthracite headliner.

@Skyliner: Congrats for your Black Sport Line bro. She surely looks hot in black! The sport seats? I'd certainly miss them... I'm trying to forget about the sports seats, don't remind me
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 12:18   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Alpine White / Saddle Brown with M Performance Power Kit it is.
All my car as of now has the black interior except the Duster so wanted a change... The minor exterior bits will anyway be changed sooner or the later so I gave the Luxury Line a go for its beautiful saddle brown interiors. I'm considering the option of the M Sport front bumper and black anthracite headliner.

@Skyliner: Congrats for your Black Sport Line bro. She surely looks hot in black! The sport seats? I'd certainly miss them... I'm trying to forget about the sports seats, don't remind me
Congratulations! With the M Performance kit you won't miss the sports seats

Thanks for your wishes as well. I am loving every bit of the car. Have already clocked 500+ kms in 6 days

Last edited by the_skyliner : 16th January 2014 at 12:42.
the_skyliner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 12:34   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! With the M Performance kit you won't miss the sports seats

Thanks for you wishes as well. I am loving every bit of the car. Have already clocked 500+ kms in 6 days
You'll love it even more once you're done with the running in and try the kick down mode... A friend who owns an F30 says that the car 'flies' when you go for the kick down, no personal experience but let me know if you find it in the same position as the bombardier in your picture
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 12:03   #81
BHPian

@Bluebeem, could you help me locate the nine speakers in F30? I searched a lot but could find only 7 speakers so far!
Old 19th January 2014, 13:08   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Bluebeem, could you help me locate the nine speakers in F30? I searched a lot but could find only 7 speakers so far!
2 subwoofers under the front seats. Push the seats back and youll see the grill.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 22:14   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go:

My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)-capture.jpg
Fraz33r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 09:28   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

2 subwoofers under the front seats. Push the seats back and youll see the grill.
Thanks Akshay1234.
I will check this today evening. However I am also not able to play music from my phone via blue tooth. Not that I care but just curious as Bluebeem mentioned it as being available.

@Bluebeem, are you able to stream music via blue tooth?
Old 20th January 2014, 11:12   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Akshay1234.
I will check this today evening. However I am also not able to play music from my phone via blue tooth. Not that I care but just curious as Bluebeem mentioned it as being available.

@Bluebeem, are you able to stream music via blue tooth?
When you go to media, is there an option for bluetooth streaming, along with all your other sources like CD and USB? If there is no option then its not possible.

I believe its only an option with the larger iDrive, though I may be mistaken.
Old 20th January 2014, 11:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

I think that this depends on the model version. I am not sure that the base version gets the Hi-fi system and/or advanced bluetooth which allows for music streaming.
Old 20th January 2014, 13:32   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

The base variant does not allow music streaming from phone via BT. But allows calls via the BT.

Is the speaker set up detailed above standard across the range? Any idea whats the configuration on the base model of 320d?
Old 20th January 2014, 13:41   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
When you go to media, is there an option for bluetooth streaming, along with all your other sources like CD and USB? If there is no option then its not possible. I believe its only an option with the larger iDrive, though I may be mistaken.
Quote:
The base variant does not allow music streaming from phone via BT. But allows calls via the BT. Is the speaker set up detailed above standard across the range? Any idea whats the configuration on the base model of 320d?
It's available in the smaller idrive but only with the hifi music system in sports or luxury line.

The base model comes with a 4 speaker stereo system and does not allow Bluetooth music streaming.

That said, BMW has now upgraded the headlights for the base model so I'm not sure if they've made an upgrade to the music system also in the base model.
Old 20th January 2014, 14:49   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post

That said, BMW has now upgraded the headlights for the base model so I'm not sure if they've made an upgrade to the music system also in the base model.
I have the upgraded base variant only. There is no BT support for music. However you can make and receive calls via the BT.

How does the Bluetooth function work for an ICE? If the system supports call function via BT then shouldn't it also be able to stream music? Any idea if this function can be unlocked or something?
Old 20th January 2014, 15:24   #90

Quote:
I have the upgraded base variant only. There is no BT support for music. However you can make and receive calls via the BT.

How does the Bluetooth function work for an ICE? If the system supports call function via BT then shouldn't it also be able to stream music? Any idea if this function can be unlocked or something?
If you see this screen under CD/Multimedia then it is possible to stream music via bluetooth.

Quote:
However I am also not able to play music from my phone via blue tooth. Not that I care but just curious as Bluebeem mentioned it as being available.
After highlighting Bluetooth (Audio) - click Options key on the iDrive. You will see an option of "Configure Device". Click it and select Audio for the given device

Go back then and select "Configure Bluetooth". Again select Bluetooth Audio =/_ Office (if you want SMS alerts on screen)

Once you have done all this - create a shortcut key for bluetooth audio so that it can be easily accessed for streaming. Once the screen for bluetooth audio is selected, only then will the bluetooth audio stream from your phone / device. Additionally, even voice guidance of GPS from the mobile can be streamed through the car speakers! But again for that screen must be at bluetooth - i.e. you can't really listen to cd/radio/usb. Nevertheless useful when you don't want to miss a tricky turn!
Attached Thumbnails
My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)-img_08111.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th January 2014 at 22:35. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/MULTI-QUOTE within 30 minutes of posting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks