Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st January 2021, 12:57   #2776
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawank View Post
Honda Amaze diesel manual. I am talking about the aftermarket workshops, they generally use 80w-90 in all manual transmissions be it a Honda, Maruti, Hyundai or etc.
Check your manual for what specification of gear oil the Amaze needs. Don't think pouring one grade of gear oil will work for all cars. Sure 80w90 is a very common specification but it is better to check first.
Old 23rd January 2021, 14:28   #2777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Check your manual for what specification of gear oil the Amaze needs. Don't think pouring one grade of gear oil will work for all cars. Sure 80w90 is a very common specification but it is better to check first.
I checked the manual, but they only mentioned that 'Use only Honda Genuine Manual Transmission Fluid(MTF). If Honda MTF is not available, you may use the API certificated SAE 0W-20 or 5W-20 viscosity motor oil
as a temporary measure.'

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-abc.png

Last edited by pawank : 23rd January 2021 at 14:30.
Old 23rd January 2021, 17:49   #2778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawank View Post
I checked the manual, but they only mentioned that 'Use only Honda Genuine Manual Transmission Fluid(MTF). If Honda MTF is not available, you may use the API certificated SAE 0W-20 or 5W-20 viscosity motor oil
as a temporary measure.'
This seems to be a 75w80 API GL4 gear oil so it is synthetic rather than the mineral 80w90 ones your mechanic is suggesting.

You can get 75w90 API GL4 gear oils from eg Zic, Liqui Moly etc on Amazon or in Lube shops and that should work.

Though as you don't change gear oil for at least 30k km there's nothing better than going to a Honda dealer and changing using their inhouse fluid.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 09:31   #2779
BHPian

Members and owners please help.
I have zeroed in the Amaze as my next car. I shall be exchanging my 10 year wagon r cng. The dilemma I am facing is this.
1. Petrol costs have breached the 100 rs mark and diesel is not far behind. Should I go in for diesel now?
2. Bs6 diesels I believe are quite high in maintenance hence apprehensive of investing .
3. I will be keeping the car for a long time. My running is expected to be not more than 6000 kms a year.
4. I live in a non metro city where traffic is not bad. I manage to drive in the 4th gear for most of the time at a sedate 40 - 50 kms/hr.
5. Going for diesel on my budget will mean going for the lower V or S variant. In petrol I can go for the top VX trim.
Please help me out guys.
Old 20th June 2021, 18:54   #2780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
3. I will be keeping the car for a long time. My running is expected to be not more than 6000 kms a year.
4. I live in a non metro city where traffic is not bad. I manage to drive in the
Just go for petrol with this kind of low running.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 23:50   #2781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Members and owners please help.
I have zeroed in the Amaze as my next car. I shall be exchanging my 10 year wagon r cng. The dilemma I am facing is this.
1. Petrol costs have breached the 100 rs mark and diesel is not far behind. Should I go in for diesel now?
2. Bs6 diesels I believe are quite high in maintenance hence apprehensive of investing .
4. I live in a non metro city where traffic is not bad. I manage to drive in the 4th gear for most of the time at a sedate 40 - 50 kms/hr.
5. Going for diesel on my budget will mean going for the lower V or S variant. In petrol I can go for the top VX trim.
Please help me out guys.
Get the petrol eyes closed, the marginal difference in fuel costs isnít worth the unrefined diesel with much higher nvh, also a diesel is slightly more expensive to service so it evens out the fuel savings more or less given your expected running. I have a 2013 petrol auto, itís a great small car for the city but underpowered for the highway, also upgrade the headlights if you do a lot of night driving as stock lights are very poor, even on the 2nd gen currently on sale. Also, even the top model doesnít get side airbags or ESP, which are crucial for added safety (especially if youíll retain the vehicle for long). One more thing about the amaze, all variants are limited to 145 km/hr, which may be a deal breaker for some, as itís not something youíre likely to notice on a test drive.

Would highly recommend looking at used options given the above, if you want new only, get the petrol VX auto, itíll serve well for many years. Cheers.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 17:40   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjayant View Post
Dear All,

Driving a 2014 Amaze Diesel, around 72K on the ODO.

Ride quality has gone bumpy, Honda service centre suggests replacement of all the shock absorbers and I agree.

However, I don't find them too reliable either on their judgement or the estimate.

Would any of us have recommendations on a reliable service centre/garage in Gurgaon?
Try Blue Bird Auto in Sec 52 or IndoGerman Motors in Sec 62, Iíve had good experiences with both.
Old 23rd September 2021, 15:03   #2783

Hi Guys,

I have a concern regarding my 2015 Honda Amaze (1st Gen) Petrol MT.

I have been having a lot of suspension issues on my car and went for a complete overhaul last year November at an FNG.
The car was run 67000 km till then.
Cost me around INR 32K.

Since the overhaul, i get an extremely loud thud even if i go on small albeit sharp undulation on road.
The THUD can actually cause someone a heart attack if caught unaware.

Also the Front Right suspension has developed play already in a matter 10 months. There is a lot of irritating KHAT KHAT noise. (strangely the khat khat seems to vanish when i am driving in rains though).

Can someone help me understand what can be cause?

P.S. : I have my doubts that FNG has not done a competent job.
Old 18th October 2021, 13:58   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavb88 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a concern regarding my 2015 Honda Amaze (1st Gen) Petrol MT.

I have been having a lot of suspension issues on my car and went for a complete overhaul last year November at an FNG.
The car was run 67000 km till then.
Cost me around INR 32K.

Since the overhaul, i get an extremely loud thud even if i go on small albeit sharp undulation on road.
The THUD can actually cause someone a heart attack if caught unaware.

Also the Front Right suspension has developed play already in a matter 10 months. There is a lot of irritating KHAT KHAT noise. (strangely the khat khat seems to vanish when i am driving in rains though).

Can someone help me understand what can be cause?

P.S. : I have my doubts that FNG has not done a competent job.
Take it to a Honda dealer and make sure you have a word with the actual technician who checks your car, if thereís an issue theyíll spot it. I assume your mechanic used OEM Honda suspension parts when doing the overhaul, if not then replace with original. Also check your tyres for alignment + balancing + road force calibration and lastly pressure. Also inspect steering tie rods and joints as well as wheel bearings to make sure everything is in good health. Cheers.

Most Viewed