Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2014, 19:30   #2026
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Off-Topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
...Useful when I drive for grocery errands alone and lazy to open the dicky.
Considering that the open side of the hooks are in the boot, would it NOT take more pain / effort (open the rear door, climb on the seat on your knees, make sure you hook the bags properly) than opening the boot and keeping the stuffs inside or even locking it on these hooks?
Old 24th January 2014, 07:13   #2027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Touch wood, I haven't had any issues thus far! I found the GC quite adequate.
Even I find the GC to be surprisingly adequate. I did a Jawhar trip recently and the road to Dabhosa falls was pretty bad. Amaze did not touch the ground with its belly even once!
Old 24th January 2014, 20:50   #2028
BHPian

I just received my Blue Amaze Petrol :-) - will post the details in another thread sometime next week but have a quick question before I fill her up. I was going through the instruction manual and it says that we need to use 91 octane petrol and regular petrol can damage the engine! I assume regular petrol is 88 Octane. Does it mean all the Amaze petrol owners are using premium fuel? (another assumption I am making is that premium fuel is >= 91 Octane).

Thanks!
Rajesh
Old 24th January 2014, 22:19   #2029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
I just received my Blue Amaze Petrol :-) - will post the details in another thread sometime next week but have a quick question before I fill her up. I was going through the instruction manual and it says that we need to use 91 octane petrol and regular petrol can damage the engine! I assume regular petrol is 88 Octane. Does it mean all the Amaze petrol owners are using premium fuel? (another assumption I am making is that premium fuel is >= 91 Octane).

Thanks!
Rajesh
Congratulations Rajesh! The Amaze definitely looks great in that colour! I fill regular petrol in mine. What you pointed out is news to me!!
Old 24th January 2014, 22:28   #2030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!

Rajesh

The regular and premium petrol sold in India are all 91 Octane. Speed 93 was 93 octane

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
speedsatya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 10:13   #2031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
The regular and premium petrol sold in India are all 91 Octane. Speed 93 was 93 octane
Thanks Satya. I fill in Shell normally as it is close to my place - I hope they have the same Octane rating too..

Top-Gear, Thanks for your wishes. This info is provided in the user manual.

Last edited by hsejars : 25th January 2014 at 10:14.
Old 25th January 2014, 11:05   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
I fill in Shell normally as it is close to my place - I hope they have the same Octane rating too..
Shell sources its petroleum products from Oil PSUs and have the same Octane rating likewise.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th January 2014 at 18:42. Reason: Fixing quote tag
spinks_69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 18:40   #2033
BHPian

I have an Amaze S MT P for the past 5 months now. Have started facing gear shift problems since 2 months. During the second service at Honda - chandivali I bought up the issue and told them that I will let them know if the problem continues. A senior tech at Honda also told me that the car is under warranty so we will look into it but once a car is opened for checking the gear box it won't be the same again. Not sure what to do!

The issue is still there while shifting from first to second and shifting down from second to first. Is any one else also facing the same problem?

Old 26th January 2014, 19:33   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asadjamal View Post
I have an Amaze S MT P for the past 5 months now.

The issue is still there while shifting from first to second and shifting down from second to first. Is any one else also facing the same problem?

What kind of issue are you facing?
Can you elaborate?
I am using Amaze S mt for the past 4 months and have clocked around 7000km and I feel that the gear change is a little bit tough than the other cars that I have driven.
amazingGuru67 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 21:45   #2035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Can you elaborate?
I am using Amaze S mt for the past 4 months and have clocked around 7000km and I feel that the gear change is a little bit tough than the other cars that I have driven.
Well, the gear gets stuck while slotting into first gear. Some times I have to try 2-3 times before it slots in place. Doesn't happen every time bit once every 8-10 times. Changing from second to third or third to second etc is smooth as it should be in a new honda.

During the second service they bled the clutch fluid to see if it helps but the issue is still there.
Old 26th January 2014, 22:27   #2036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Can you elaborate?

Gear shifting is notchy at times , but somehow I have never faced issues on this front. I saw this same issue in someone else's Amaze , only to realise that the aftermarket floor mat wasn't allowing to depress the clutch properly !

Since your car has done 7 K kms , I would suggest getting an alignment check done every 10 K kms. The idiots at both Dakshin Honda and Magnum Honda advised me on not doing this till the car "pulls" to one side. But , a check at a reputed tire dealership showed my LHS toe was out. Delaying this check could have meant a risk of uneven tire wear. I will be getting this alignment check done every 5 K kms
Old 27th January 2014, 08:11   #2037
BHPian

Quote:

Well, the gear gets stuck while slotting into first gear.
When you are slotting first gear the car is in standstill or in motion. Sometimes I had problem I'm downshifting but later realized that speed was enough for the current gear. Cars have mechanism to avoid downshifting in case you're speed is more for lower gear.
Old 27th January 2014, 15:54   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
I have an Amaze S MT P for the past 5 months now. Have started facing gear shift problems since 2 months. During the second service at Honda - chandivali I bought up the issue and told them that I will let them know if the problem continues. A senior tech at Honda also told me that the car is under warranty so we will look into it but once a car is opened for checking the gear box it won't be the same again. Not sure what to do!

I have mentioned the same problem though in diesel, few post back. It just simply refuses to slot in first from second.

Though it happnes when car is driven after a long time or early in the morning.

Service advisor has asked me to leave the car overnight and check in the morning.

Will do so tomorrow and update you on this.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 18:39   #2039
BHPian

I sometimes have the issue in my i-VTEC. However I've also found that making sure the clutch is pressed FULLY takes care of the issue. I emphasise because I find that the clutch needs to be pushed all the way back-more than what I was accustomed to in my earlier ride.
Old 27th January 2014, 21:47   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
I sometimes have the issue in my i-VTEC. However I've also found that making sure the clutch is pressed FULLY takes care of the issue. I emphasise because I find that the clutch needs to be pushed all the way back-more than what I was accustomed to in my earlier ride.
I took the car out to office for the first time today and I fully agree with Top-Gear's assessment. I had a problem downshifting and realized the clutch was not completely pushed (i was able to press further after I gave it a hard push) and then it slotted properly - noticed this when I move from 3 to 2 and from 2 to 1 as well. After that have been pushing it harder whenever I downshifted.

spinks_69, thanks for your inputs. I checked with the petrol pump attendant before I filled and he confirmed that it is 91 octane.

BTW, I remember reading somewhere that the tyres might be over inflated when taking delivery so I checked the pressure at the bunk and it was 61 psi in one of the tyres (the readings were 61, 57, 48 and 44) !

Last edited by hsejars : 27th January 2014 at 21:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks