Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2013, 13:22   #1906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilbuster View Post

Hey skyfire,
Can you tell how is it better? I'm a novice when it comes to things like these.
It has motion sensors. Any movement in car after it is locked and alarm goes off. It has has sensor in bonnet. SMS alerts are also available. Depends on how much you want to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I thought there is no siren in the vxmt alarm . Can you confirm please that the siren works . I too was thinking of installing autocop . As I thought that this might prevent the deck from getting stolen . I thought that it was only an immobiliser that honda gave not full fledged security system .
There is an alarm. Though I haven't seen it but I once saw it in a civic. The horn goes off and hazard lights turn on.
Old 18th December 2013, 11:35   #1907
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Hey guys, I got a call from Honda showroom a week or two ago that they will be sending a "gift". Though i haven't received anything did anyone got a call or "gift"?
Old 18th December 2013, 12:11   #1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Hey guys, I got a call from Honda showroom a week or two ago that they will be sending a "gift". Though i haven't received anything did anyone got a call or "gift"?
Yes, i did get a gift from Peninsular Honda within one month of purchase of our car. They called us over phone and paid a visit. Courtesy gift is what they call it. We got couple of coffee mugs of good quality. They took a photo too
Old 18th December 2013, 12:31   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Hey all,
Finally picked up the Honda Amaze SMT petrol yesterday. Was a smooth process. Took a total of two weeks after booking to get delivered. Booked from Arya Honda Bhandup, Mumbai. In love with the silver fox. Didn't pick any accessories but now thinking since my office doesn't have parking, I need to park on the road. Is the Honda security system enough or need an Autocop? Can someone please tell me what is the difference? Or is it just the sound?
Please do not compromise on the security system. Amaze has just an immobilizer which prevents the car theft alone. The security system does not have alarm and so the windshield or the side door mirrors can still be broken and the valuables in the car can be stolen easily.
Please go for Auto Cop security system. I enquired about it in Madurai and got quoted Rs. 3500 with auto speed sensing lock and reverse horn.
And also make sure that they integerate the new security system with stock remote control unit without tampering the existing wires.
Please let me know how much does it cost in Mumbai. I am bargaining with the dealer to do it for Rs2500 since I wont be requiring the additional Remote.
Old 18th December 2013, 14:43   #1910
BANNED

Just remember any outside security system may void your warranty, esp if any wires are cut.
Old 18th December 2013, 15:15   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Please let me know how much does it cost in Mumbai. I am bargaining with the dealer to do it for Rs2500 since I wont be requiring the additional Remote.
Spoke to all Honda Showrooms, they are quoting 5000 for it. Not willing to budge.
Old 18th December 2013, 15:47   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to all Honda Showrooms, they are quoting 5000 for it. Not willing to budge.
Is it for Auto Cop security system?
Old 18th December 2013, 16:00   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Is it for Auto Cop security system?
Yeah! So if anyone has got a better deal in any other authorised Honda showrooms, let me know please.
Old 18th December 2013, 16:26   #1914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Just remember any outside security system may void your warranty, esp if any wires are cut.
Agree . I wouldnt do anything to the electricals

Quote:
Please do not compromise on the security system. Amaze has just an immobilizer which prevents the car theft alone. The security system does not have alarm and so the windshield or the side door mirrors can still be broken and the valuables in the car can be stolen easily.
An easy way would be to not keep any valuables inside the car
Old 18th December 2013, 17:40   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
I am bargaining with the dealer to do it for Rs2500 since I wont be requiring the additional Remote.
Keep me posted . I too want to install a security system in my amaze . I too am from mumbai . My new swift dzire vdi has a integrated security system and the idiots at honda do not provide it to us ... fools . I am already learning to live with the high nvh levels in my idtec vxmt although when I drive my dzire I find the low nvh soothing . The only thing that makes me smile is the excellent rear seat space and better fit and finish compared to the dzire . I constantly get an average above 20 kmpl . That makes me happy .
Old 21st December 2013, 12:25   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post

Keep me posted . I too want to install a security system in my amaze.
The best price I got was Rs. 5000 after 10% off on 5600 and I had a previous balance of Rs. 750 with Arya Honda so they gave me for Rs. 4250. I enquired with Apex, Solitaire and both branches of Arya. Thanks to Honda's high standards of not installing even if you purchase and give them I had to pay Rs. 1000 more. This is extortion.
pencilbuster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2013, 16:47   #1917
BHPian

Hey people,
Just finished the 2nd free service for my Amaze i-DTEC yesterday from Magnum Honda Bangalore. I'm satisfied with their work. But one thing though:
The service executive kept pushing me to get their Waxoyl underbody coating done for my car. She did all sorts of marketing like it's a swiss technology and the best coating there is, much better that 3M, blah blah. She even said that whatever parts of the coating gets scraped by humps, those parts will be re-coated on during service, till 5 years. She quoted Rs.3200 for it with 5 years warranty.
What do you people think? Is it worth Just how good is this Waxoyl coating? I have heard some positive reviews about 3M but never heard of this brand. Is there anyone here who has got this coating done?
Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd December 2013, 17:56   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Hey people,
Just finished the 2nd free service for my Amaze i-DTEC yesterday from Magnum Honda Bangalore. I'm satisfied with their work. But one thing though:
The service executive kept pushing me to get their Waxoyl underbody coating done for my car. She did all sorts of marketing like it's a swiss technology and the best coating there is, much better that 3M, blah blah. She even said that whatever parts of the coating gets scraped by humps, those parts will be re-coated on during service, till 5 years. She quoted Rs.3200 for it with 5 years warranty.
What do you people think? Is it worth Just how good is this Waxoyl coating? I have heard some positive reviews about 3M but never heard of this brand. Is there anyone here who has got this coating done?
Thanks in advance.
Why to go for an unkown brand when you have a tested and proved underbody coating from 3M at the same price?
To be specific, only cars that are from coastal area need those under body coating...
Here is my advice...
1. If you don't live near coastal areas, forget the underbody painting expenses and spend that amount for diesel or a security system.
2. If you are going to keep your car for more than 5 years, perhaps you could go for the safest 3M painting. I have seen in my friend's car and it looks promising.
3. If you like trying something new, bargain with the sales person and get it done within Rs 2500

Please do inform us your decision.
amazingGuru67 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2013, 19:08   #1919
Senior - BHPian

My 13 year old zen has no underbody coating and has been used extensively in coastal areas like Mumbai and mangalore. I don't see any signs of rusting till date.

But the Amaze has a 3 M underbody coating done. I don't think this is needed. I strongly believe it's an absolute waste of money
speedsatya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2013, 19:42   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
The sales person tries all sales tactics. You have to say NO.
Quote:
What do you people think? Is it worth Just how good is this Waxoyl coating? I have heard some positive reviews about 3M but never heard of this brand.
I am 3M coating done, there is a whole thread for that topic. Here is the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2477362
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Got 5yr 3M underbody coating done to my car. Theoretically it has,
  • Sound deadening property,
  • Heat insulation property &
  • Anti-chipping property
Got it done at 3M Car Care HSR & paid Rs 3.1K. Note that about only half the car underbody & inside of wheel wells is coated. The other half of underbody, which comprises of area below engine, fuel tank, chassis frame & silencer are not coated. With just half the area, I wondered how effective are the properties. Warranty card says free 10 inspections with gap of 6 months each.

1) Sound deadening: While going over potholes, I guess sound from rear wheels have reduced slightly, while there is no change in front wheels. The reduction is not worth even the time spent at the garage, let alone the amount.
2) Heat insulation: I guess this would be very very marginal, too small to measure or notice.
3) Anti-chipping: Half the underbody is protected, what about the other half?

I don't think the whole procedure of anti-corrosion & underbody protection by coating a compound is worth the time or money. Wouldn't recommend to anyone, even in coastal areas, since I doubt its effectiveness.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks