Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2013, 10:45   #1156
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Sorry if I sound stupid, but I fail to understand why would Ford price the Ecosport close to Duster. After all, Ecosport enjoys the under 4 meter excise benefit which the Duster doesn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
Ford was greedy with fiesta. There's every chance that ford will repeat its mistake as they export it more than selling locally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Getting the excise benefit is one thing. Passing it on to the customer is another. I am not saying Ford will not pass it on, but IIRC there have been manufacturers who did not pass it on for a car/model that sold well and was in huge demand.
I am bang in the middle of this. I have a car purchase decision coming up for my father and the 2 options being considered are the Amaze & the Ecosport.

I hope Ford does not go bonkers with the pricing as they did to their Fiesta. I dont think there is any chance Ford will repeat their mistake as their situation is quite grim in India. IMHO the Ecosport would be priced closer to Amaze. If not then a lot of people might choose Honda - its a name which has a lot of trust. Even you have not driven a Honda most buyers will look at it positively.

Another question - when is the pricing going to be revealed? I guess their analysts are still trying to come up with a pricing scenario

However I would like to ask TBHPians here - Am I thinking this through? Are these cars comparable? The usage would be primarily within the city with bimonthly long trips (1000 km round). The important thing about Ecosport are the safety features it has.
Old 10th June 2013, 18:38   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitksvs View Post
Any idea about deliveries of Base Model (petrol)? I, in Mumbai, had booked EX-MT(P) White colour on 06-Apr-13 and later changed the model to E-MT(P) and color to Alabaster Silver after two weeks, primarily because I didnt find EX-MT VFM over E-MT.
SA, after repeated requests, informed today that delivery will be till (sic) June. Is it taking Honda this long to deliver petrol models too? or SA playing tricks!
Today my Dealer (Apex Honda-Sion) after multiple queries informs me that delivery of E-MT(Petrol) may only happen in July and it may possibly be pushed further to August; this is for a booking which was made on 06-April-13. Any suggestions as to how to deal with this situation.

Friends, how good will "Chevy-Sail-Petrol" be as an option/alternative to Amaze-E(MT) petrol? I am seriously thinking of options after the kind of treatment being meted out by Honda.
Old 12th June 2013, 09:58   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Well, this happened to my brother-in-law's brand new Honda Amaze:

On 6th June, my BIL got delivery of his VX diesel urban titanium Honda Amaze in Mumbai. It ran very well and was fun to drive on Day 1. However on 7th evening, he tanked up diesel and within a few kms on the drive, the car started showing signs of power loss and the engine stopped. Even on repeated attempts the car failed to start. My BIL called up the Honda showroom and they in turn asked him to call the customer care. The customer care noted his complain and they send their person to inspect the car. He took around 90 min to come and thats understandable on a Friday evening mumbai traffic. Even that guy failed to diagnose the problem and could not start the car. Eventually after many hours of failed attempt, the car had to be towed to their workshop. The worst part is that even by Saturday afternoon they were unable to find the cause of the problem. Since the diesel had just been topped, the diesel quality was the most evident looking problem, but till now the Honda guys have not confirmed that...so looks like it is some other serious problem and the diesel topping timing was just a coincidence.

Sad that a car had to be towed away just on its second day :( Well my BIL had gone for the Honda keeping the Honda quality in mind, alas...

Will update you guys as i get more info.
Do we have any updates here ? What did the dealer say ?
Old 12th June 2013, 11:21   #1159
BHPian

Just got a call from Ring Road Honda in Gurgaon inquiring about my decision for the Amaze that I test drove. I asked them for the price one more time and apparently, the Taffeta White base model that was earlier 5.99 Lacs has now been upped to 6.02 Lacs. This stupid price increase has actually doubled the registration amount and has increased the price of the car by about 33,000 rupees.

I wonder what Honda was thinking while doing this.
Old 12th June 2013, 20:38   #1160
BHPian

Any indicators on number of cancellations due to enormous delay in Deliveries? What I gather from Dealer/s (in Mumbai) is Diesel variants can be availed much earlier than Petrol! A few SAs (at Honda Dealerships) say Honda are still producing more Diesels than Petrol, I wonder what actually could be the reason; I guess Petrol variants are much more in Demand than Diesels.
Maruti Suzuki dealers are now offering Dzire and Swift both within 15 days! Dilemma again!!
Old 12th June 2013, 23:29   #1161
Distinguished - BHPian

Today My colleague got his new Amaze S AT in wine colour.
He took the delivery on Friday & over the weekend he put beige art leather seat covers and also bought a Mapmyindia device with a reverse camera.

I took it out for a spin and here are my first observations..
  • Extremely silent cabin
  • Throttle response is wonderful.
  • Brakes were also wonderful.
  • Steering was very light and was not obeying me I felt (my HPS versus this EPS)
  • AC is noisy in speeds of 3 and 4 just like in my car and silent in 1 & 2 again just like my car
  • The gearbox was acting funny....couldn't understand when it was changing gears (maybe because I'm used to driving a manual)

Overall a decent looking car and a good VFM I felt.

By the way, the sweets which came to office along with the car was also good
Old 13th June 2013, 15:42   #1162
BHPian

I recently got the opportunity to get up close with an Amaze my friend had bought.
It was the EX (Diesel) variant.

The car was fine, but I was absolutely, utterly shocked to notice the following:

1) There is no 12 V electrical output port (cigarette lighter).
Like, are you kidding me, Honda????

2) Adjusting the ORVMs entails opening the windows, putting your hand out and touching the sides of the mirrors to adjust them, as there are no adjustment levers inside. Imagine doing this in these monsoons - your arm will come back in fully drenched.

What's with this? This is incredulous and ridiculous.
Old 13th June 2013, 15:51   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
2) Adjusting the ORVMs entails opening the windows, putting your hand out and touching the sides of the mirrors to adjust them, as there are no adjustment levers inside. Imagine doing this in these monsoons - your arm will come back in fully drenched.

What's with this? This is incredulous and ridiculous.
Perhaps it is the only car model where both power adjusted exterior view mirror and Manual adjusted rear view mirror comes with a X in specification. The ploy is to push customer to highest variant where the OVRM is both electrically adjusted and electrically foldable. One more point not even VX trim comes without remote trunk opener.

Last edited by amitk26 : 13th June 2013 at 15:57.
Old 13th June 2013, 17:23   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitksvs View Post
Any indicators on number of cancellations due to enormous delay in Deliveries? What I gather from Dealer/s (in Mumbai) is Diesel variants can be availed much earlier than Petrol! A few SAs (at Honda Dealerships) say Honda are still producing more Diesels than Petrol, I wonder what actually could be the reason; I guess Petrol variants are much more in Demand than Diesels.
This gels with what a salesman at my dealership told me. IMO, it could be a factor of supply side constraints (more diesel engine production capacity at Honda in anticipation of demand) and more demand for petrol cars given that the price differential between petrol and diesel is decreasing, and will only narrow in the days and months to come.
Old 13th June 2013, 17:38   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post

Perhaps it is the only car model where both power adjusted exterior view mirror and Manual adjusted rear view mirror comes with a X in specification.
I did not understand you. There is absolutely no power adjustment (neither adjustment nor folding) in the model that I had seen.
Old 13th June 2013, 18:01   #1166
BHPian

I cancelled my pre-booking of the Vx variant of the Amaze i-dtec last month albeit with a heavy heart.Got the refund of the entire booking amount yesterday(thankyou@swiftnfurious).My only grouse for the cancellation being,the premium paid for the Vx trim coupled with the high Karnataka road tax pushed the OTR to 9.5L in Bangalore.I instead went for the "refreshed" Toyota Etios,but more of that in the appropriate thread.

Would like to give my feedback on the dealership,Whitefield Honda's in-city showroom at Shivajinagar.Honda dealerships in general have received some flak for being lethargic post the Amaze's launch.In my experience, i found the staff at this particular showroom to be courteous, given that they have been overwhelmed by the response from prospective buyers.I guess,we all should cut them some slack.

As for that i-dtec engine..as the veritable Mr. Schwarzenegger would put it...I'LL BE BACK!

Last edited by Dr.Nishath : 13th June 2013 at 18:14.
Old 13th June 2013, 18:38   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
This gels with what a salesman at my dealership told me. IMO, it could be a factor of supply side constraints (more diesel engine production capacity at Honda in anticipation of demand) and more demand for petrol cars given that the price differential between petrol and diesel is decreasing, and will only narrow in the days and months to come.
Rightly said, I guess supply side constraints especially schedules planned with ancillaries and in turn their production capacities and plans will force this skew in production(Diesel-to-production) to continue beyond a comfortable waiting period for all prospective Amaze buyers. I guess shoddy market research on part of Honda mandarins.
Old 13th June 2013, 20:09   #1168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not understand you. There is absolutely no power adjustment (neither adjustment nor folding) in the model that I had seen.
Yes I agree..

If you look at the specification list at Carwale then there is a Cross ( X) for both manual and electrical adjustment for this perticular variant.
So it looks funny in a way indicating that external rear view mirror can not be adjusted at all either manually or electrically.
Old 13th June 2013, 20:26   #1169
BHPian

Honda designers were not satisfied with creating just class-leading space or comfort. They wanted the Amaze to be a ‘one class above’ experience.
Check here to read more about the inside story of the Honda Amaze via AutoCar India.

http://hondacarindia.com/Honda_Amaze...ia_Booklet.pdf

RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 21:00   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Yes I agree..

If you look at the specification list at Carwale then there is a Cross ( X) for both manual and electrical adjustment for this perticular variant.
So it looks funny in a way indicating that external rear view mirror can not be adjusted at all either manually or electrically.
For clarification of doubts, I am attaching the feature set from the brochure. Note that the brochure talks about the power adjustable ORVMs for the S and VX variants and power foldable ORVMs for the VX only.

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-amaze-features.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Honda Amaze eBrochure.pdf (1.91 MB, 13230 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks