Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2013, 15:55   #1096
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Refueled for the first time today after buying the car . While the display showed 19.3kpl as the average FE , the actual figure that I got was 17.xx kpl .

No complaints on this city driving figure for sure . Any thoughts on how is there a difference between this actual FE and the average FE shown on the display ?

Could it be that petrol pump reading wasnt accurate ? Which means it could be overreading? Which also means they are cheating customers

Last edited by speedsatya : 3rd June 2013 at 15:56.
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:15   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Refueled for the first time today after buying the car . While the display showed 19.3kpl as the average FE , the actual figure that I got was 17.xx kpl .

No complaints on this city driving figure for sure . Any thoughts on how is there a difference between this actual FE and the average FE shown on the display ?

Could it be that petrol pump reading wasnt accurate ? Which means it could be overreading? Which also means they are cheating customers
@speedsatya- The readings in the display are mostly on the higher side. I've been driving my Brio for over a year now and my actual fuel efficiency (full tank-full tank) is always ~1 lower than the displayed mileage.

Probably a marketing strategy to keep customers thinking that they are getting something more (like our speedometers!)
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:24   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rony180 View Post
Probably a marketing strategy to keep customers thinking that they are getting something more (like our speedometers!)
There needs to be a surety that the petrol filled from the pump also is correct. So you never know. Although manufacturers try to tune their meters to ideal situations; such situations may not exist. My two cents..
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:32   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rony180 View Post
@speedsatya- The readings in the display are mostly on the higher side. I've been driving my Brio for over a year now and my actual fuel efficiency (full tank-full tank) is always ~1 lower than the displayed mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
There needs to be a surety that the petrol filled from the pump also is correct. So you never know. Although manufacturers try to tune their meters to ideal situations; such situations may not exist. My two cents..
I drove 510 kms and the pump showed 29.55 litres ,which equates to a FE of 17.25kpl .

The 19.3 kpl figure should have allowed only 26.4 litres of fuel .

Now thats a difference of close to 12 % !

Let me try at a different pump next time .
Old 3rd June 2013, 22:53   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
I drove 510 kms and the pump showed 29.55 litres ,which equates to a FE of 17.25kpl .

out of the 29.55 litres showed in the meter, we are unsure how much really went inside. this was my thought
Old 4th June 2013, 02:13   #1101
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

my amaze is showing 17.4km/l as average on the display and i am getting slightly above 17. i filled 32 liters of diesel and the car drove for about 550 kms on it
Old 4th June 2013, 14:33   #1102
BHPian

After reading multiple posts on the AMAZE in this very forum, the claimed mileage of 25.8 KMPL looks to be a gross over-estimate. 17.X seems to be the norm in the city. My experience has been that the city FE trails the highway FE by max of 4-5 KMPL that would result in 21-22 KMPL at the most for the AMAZE on highways
Owners - pl. confirm since this may be the only way to get consistent and accurate information to the masses that aspire to buy the AMAZE for its "AMAZING" FE.
Old 4th June 2013, 15:05   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOVATOR View Post
After reading multiple posts on the AMAZE in this very forum, the claimed mileage of 25.8 KMPL looks to be a gross over-estimate. 17.X seems to be the norm in the city. My experience has been that the city FE trails the highway FE by max of 4-5 KMPL that would result in 21-22 KMPL at the most for the AMAZE on highways
Owners - pl. confirm since this may be the only way to get consistent and accurate information to the masses that aspire to buy the AMAZE for its "AMAZING" FE.
generally the FE should increase a bit after a couple of services. My friends BRIO gave an avg of 10.8 when he bought it. now after 3 services it is consistently giving 13.5kmpl to 14kmpl. and this has been calculated from the tank full to empty method although the display shows 14.8kmpl. and this is from city driving!

considering that i expect the FE to go up to around 19kmpl to 20kmpl with ease after a couple of services.
Old 4th June 2013, 15:21   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmob View Post

my amaze is showing 17.4km/l as average on the display and i am getting slightly above 17. i filled 32 liters of diesel and the car drove for about 550 kms on it
Then it could be the petrol pump. Lemme try another pump.

BTW I notice that I am getting improved fuel consumption numbers as compared to the more expensive Shell Diesel. Has anyone else faced similar issues ?
Old 4th June 2013, 17:13   #1105
BHPian

Quote:

BTW I notice that I am getting improved fuel consumption numbers as compared to the more expensive Shell Diesel. Has anyone else faced similar issues ?
you should not use premium diesel. all manufacturers advice against using premium fuels in cars. when i took the delivery of AMAZE the sales rep clearly told me not to use any premium diesel and if i did use it and it caused any problems with the fuel pump or injectors, honda would not replace it under warranty.
Old 4th June 2013, 19:18   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmob View Post

you should not use premium diesel. all manufacturers advice against using premium fuels in cars. when i took the delivery of AMAZE the sales rep clearly told me not to use any premium diesel and if i did use it and it caused any problems with the fuel pump or injectors, honda would not replace it under warranty.
This is interesting ! The Dakshin Honda sales rep actually asked me to try and fill Shell diesel as much as possible.
Old 4th June 2013, 23:06   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is interesting ! The Dakshin Honda sales rep actually asked me to try and fill Shell diesel as much as possible.
Read the manual satya. It would categorically state about only using normal diesel. Diesel with additives will be detrimental in the long run
Old 5th June 2013, 00:18   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

Read the manual satya. It would categorically state about only using normal diesel. Diesel with additives will be detrimental in the long run
Yeah. I read the manual later on. The sales guy kept on telling me to fill at Shell.
Old 5th June 2013, 00:28   #1109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Same with my Figo. Shell gives lower FE vs Indian Oil or HP.

Also, the difference in FE could be because you did not do auto cut off.
Old 5th June 2013, 10:34   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Same with my Figo. Shell gives lower FE vs Indian Oil or HP.

Also, the difference in FE could be because you did not do auto cut off.
This is news for me. With Diesel prices going up, i was feeling that Shell diesel is now being offered at competitive price and everyone will switch for that. But if it gives lower FE, it may still not work out.

I was under the impression that Shell diesel is finally just the normal diesel sold by shell. Only thing that we can be assured is the quantity and no further adulteration in that.

Also its high time that PSU pumps improve on the quality of the diesel being sold to us. Since we are paying more from our pockets now

Most Viewed