Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:22   #1231
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I normally reset at every fill (always a full tank), so I get the average for the tankful. This figure is about 10% optimistic.

Thanks! Yes, I do the same too! But once when I compared the FE for the trip to the computed FE, the e-reading was on the lower side. I guess the 'full tank' also varies per petrol bunk/attendant, because I have seen some attendants stopping immediately when there is a stutter (while the petrol is getting filled in auto mode), whereas others manually fill a few litres more.
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:42   #1232
BANNED

@Top-Gear; I find the Civic about 12-15% optimistic, while the Brio is about 8%. Now remember you need a differential flow sensor (inflow-outflow) so a few percent error is to be expected. I am a bit surprised by the display being pessimistic, but then it may happen. In the Civic there are two displays, so while I use on for the tank the other I use as a trip meter.
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:50   #1233
BHPian

One of my friends reported 23km for the diesel amaze on a highway drive?Any one got similiar figures?
Old 2nd July 2013, 15:45   #1234
BHPian

No matter what I do, which petrol pump I go to for fill up, whether I drive in city or on highway.

I always get 17 KMPL.

My Amaze is due for 5k service. lets see if mileage improves after that.
Old 3rd July 2013, 16:27   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugato_basu View Post
Overall FE is 17.9km/l as per e-meter and when measured from full tank to full tank, it is 18km/l + (I hv not reset the trip meter till now)
Wow!! In a petrol sedan? You must have a great driving skill and probably do not need to negotiate bumper to bumper traffic.
Congratulations!!
Old 3rd July 2013, 16:46   #1236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
Wow!! In a petrol sedan? You must have a great driving skill and probably do not need to negotiate bumper to bumper traffic.Congratulations!!
Yea Petrol, it is not bumper to bumper traffic .. with AC almost all time & limiting myself within 2500 rpm ....
Old 3rd July 2013, 16:48   #1237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
No matter what I do, which petrol pump I go to for fill up, whether I drive in city or on highway.

I always get 17 KMPL.

My Amaze is due for 5k service. lets see if mileage improves after that.
17 is very good for petrol. If you are talking about diesel, then also its decent except that Honda went with a tall claim of close to 26kmpl !!
Old 3rd July 2013, 18:11   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
17 is very good for petrol. If you are talking about diesel, then also its decent except that Honda went with a tall claim of close to 26kmpl !!
Its for diesel. I was expecting somewhere around 20 on highway. May be it will improve after 10K.
Old 4th July 2013, 08:58   #1239
BANNED

I think any consumption figures before 5k are just highly tentative.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 09:56   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Test Drove Amaze AT yesterday with a friend who is in plans to buy a Brio AT. but since the dealer didnt have Brio AT td car he offered us amaze at which as per him is the same thing with boot.

Now, i was surprised the way the car behaves in bumper to bumper traffic. It may not be the quickest but does the job well in City. What impressed me the most was the claimed kmpl. The SP said that his customers are getting 13-14kmpl in the city in Amaze / Brio. is this true?

Also the price difference between brio and amaze is ~90k. AT variants. My friend is a little confused which to pick. Delivery time for either is 30-40 days.

Regards,
Old 4th July 2013, 11:41   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
I guess the 'full tank' also varies per petrol bunk/attendant, because I have seen some attendants stopping immediately when there is a stutter (while the petrol is getting filled in auto mode), whereas others manually fill a few litres more.
Yes, the Full tank varies based on the method used to fill. Normally, the attendants stop at the auto cut off point. However, If you insist to fill to the brim then that takes approx 5 ltrs more. I do that often.

Only make sure that they do not spill out carelessly without paying attention to what they are doing, I've faced this once when I was in the car and quite some amount of fuel overflowed.

Cheers
MKP
Old 4th July 2013, 12:12   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
The SP said that his customers are getting 13-14kmpl in the city in Amaze / Brio. is this true?

Also the price difference between brio and amaze is ~90k. AT variants. My friend is a little confused which to pick. Delivery time for either is 30-40 days.

Regards,
My wife's brio (MT) has just turned a year old. It has consistently delivered 15-16kmpl, pure city drives with intermittent traffic. AC always on.

AT figures should be slightly lower than the claimed 13-14kmpl.
Old 4th July 2013, 12:14   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post

Yes, the Full tank varies based on the method used to fill. Normally, the attendants stop at the auto cut off point. However, If you insist to fill to the brim then that takes approx 5 ltrs more. I do that often.

Only make sure that they do not spill out carelessly without paying attention to what they are doing, I've faced this once when I was in the car and quite some amount of fuel overflowed.

Cheers
MKP
Thanks. In that case, I would have the attendants stop at the cut off just to ensure consistency in the quantity filled. That would help in calculating FE more accurately.
Old 4th July 2013, 12:26   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think any consumption figures before 5k are just highly tentative.
+1 to that. Mileage will improve after the first service.
Old 4th July 2013, 16:10   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
One of my friends reported 23km for the diesel amaze on a highway drive?Any one got similiar figures?
For me , changing the fuel station made a difference . The e-reading was showing 20.7 kpl while the actual figure turned to be 19.2 kpl . This is only city driving of around 42 kms daily out of which around 22 kms in on a toll road . AC usage is only 50% on when I drive to work in the mornings as evenings are cooler .

Also , I maintain 31/35 psi ( F/R) instead of the 29/33 psi recommended by Honda .

Right now , my display is showing 23 kpl as I have been doing early mornings and late night drives in slightly lesser traffic to work . AC usage has been around 30%

While I am happy overall with the car , there are some irritating rattles and panel gaps that doesnt say this is a car costing close to 10L INR ! The panel over the passenger airbag looks like its peeling off ! Will post some pics later on . Initially I thought this was specific to my vehicle , but a quick visit to the Dakshin Honda stockyard tells me that this is present in all Amaze

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks