Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2013, 12:46   #1381
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

@amalji, I beleive that suzuki's 2 cylinder turbo charged diesel engine must be as noisy as a Tata Ace(chotta elephant) and that would be a total turn off for Indian customers.

One more thing which is to be noted is the Tata Nano Diesel.

Suzuki will definitely be in trouble post 2015 because Honda is also has bigger plans for India and also Nissan's younger sibling Datson's GO will plunge into Alto's market share for sure...
Old 15th August 2013, 12:59   #1382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Yes mine is a petrol and I have been hearing mostly about increased service costs in Maruti due to Recommending Synthetic oil. This applies to petrol swifts as well. Honda seem to be selling equal number of Amaze petrol as well as diesel isnt it ?
If you take the synthetic oil factor into consideration, the Amaze will be any day cheaper to maintain than the Dzire. Honda's specially designed oil which is low on friction is better than the normal mineral oil but at the same time much cheaper than the synthetic oil that Maruti recommends for its new vehicles.

My point is a Swift Diesel will be costlier to maintain than a Figo/Etios/Liva Diesel for 10,000 kms service due to the number of parts that have to be replaced during each service. The labour charge associated with each of these replacements and overhauls also adds up. The synthetic oil factor just adds to all these. When I travelled on an Etios taxi from Airport which covered 1 Lakh kms in 1.5 years, I discussed with him regarding the maintenance cost. He mentioned that it always ranges between 2,500 to 3,500 except once when he replaced his brake pads where it touched 5,000.

For Petrol vehicles, the difference is not very obvious because a cost difference of 1,000 odd is negligible.

One more point to add to the synthetic oil factor. After being very obvious that Maruti recommends synthetic oil for its DDiS engines, if something bad happens to the engine which was run on mineral oil, will Maruti respect the warranty ? Legally, they don't have to, because the customer has opted to chose his own oil. This is a plus for the Amaze here. They get a superior mineral oil and are not forced into using the expensive synthetic oil as well.

Quote:
Another example of overcharging customers: I have been hearing in Ertiga forum that dealerships are charging 1500 rs for a basic AC filter when it is available for only 350rs (As confirmed by multiple dealers/service centers that i know as 330-350rs). It is these examples that create a perception about a car being costly to own. Be it Maruti or any other brand.
The AC filters were never used by Maruti initially. When Etios was released, it had the AC filter in it. Then Maruti suddenly released it as an accessory for the Swift and Dzire. Then, the cost was around 1,500/-. But, the Toyota Filter costed just around 350. It seems, someone sensed the blunder and corrected it later. Maybe, the old stock still sells for 1000 plus. I'm not too sure on it.

Quote:
I never buy Maruti for being cheapest to maintain. Its more because I find service centers in the remote corners that i visit and the cars are trouble free for 1-1.5 lakhs which is like 5-10 years time for me.
+1 to this point. Other manufacturers are far behind on this one factor. One manufacturer that's even remotely close is the Hyundai. But, I won't even have their vehicles in my list of probable buys thanks to the astronomical maintenance costs.

Last edited by amalji : 15th August 2013 at 13:23.
Old 15th August 2013, 14:29   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Coming to this thread after a long time and reading the last few pages, I almost thought this was a Suzuki/Dzire/Swift thread than the Amaze review it is supposed to be.
Instead of discussing maintenance costs of the Suzuki range here, would be useful to focus discussion on the Amaze, which might help the decision-making easier for folks looking to buy the car.

P.S.: With Etios having vanished from the car-scene, I guess bets are on the Amaze now.
supremeBaleno is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 14:58   #1384
BHPian

Found this wooden finish on internet.
What do you guys think about it?

Name:  ForumRunner_20130815_145713.png
Views: 12143
Size:  425.7 KB

Anybody knows if modulo kit will be released in India?
Old 15th August 2013, 16:01   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
@amalji, I beleive that suzuki's 2 cylinder turbo charged diesel engine must be as noisy as a Tata Ace(chotta elephant) and that would be a total turn off for Indian customers.
Suzuki's history till now as far as engines are concerned has always been good. They are super refined. They are entering the Diesel segment for the first time. But, still I feel they should be reasonably refined ( within the limitations of a 2-cylinder engine )

Quote:
One more thing which is to be noted is the Tata Nano Diesel.
The Nano doesn't provide driving comfort like a Maruti. If they could add that one thing, it would have been great. But, its practicality within the constraints of the space it occupies is amazing. But, then it can only be a good second car. Never, would recommend Nano to anyone as his first car. I would always recommend a second hand Alto instead.

Quote:
Suzuki will definitely be in trouble post 2015 because Honda is also has bigger plans for India and also Nissan's younger sibling Datson's GO will plunge into Alto's market share for sure...
Hopefully. There is still a myth among common people that Maruti is cheap to maintain, when the reality is far from it. I had to explain with charts to some of my friends and relatives to prove that that's no longer the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Attachment 1125332
Feels that it doesn't blend well with the interiors. Stick with the stock would be my recommendation.
Spend that money elsewhere where you can add utility to your vehicle.

Last edited by amalji : 15th August 2013 at 16:08.
Old 15th August 2013, 16:07   #1386
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1125332

I saw the same wood garnish at Arya Honda Mumbai . They were asking 4 to 5k for it . I can't remember the exact figure now .
Old 15th August 2013, 17:01   #1387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

i remember seeing autographix wooden stickers. this looks similar to that, than panels.

if its just stickers, then it should be within 2k

check their website or sites like ebay
Old 15th August 2013, 17:27   #1388
BHPian

Quote:

i remember seeing autographix wooden stickers. this looks similar to that, than panels.

if its just stickers, then it should be within 2k

check their website or sites like ebay
This is full wooden work from Honda dealership. Cost 4.5k
Autographix one costs about 1.7k
Old 15th August 2013, 17:41   #1389
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Please stick to the topic. Any more off-topic posts will be summarily deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Coming to this thread after a long time and reading the last few pages, I almost thought this was a Suzuki/Dzire/Swift thread than the Amaze review it is supposed to be.
Instead of discussing maintenance costs of the Suzuki range here, would be useful to focus discussion on the Amaze, which might help the decision-making easier for folks looking to buy the car.
Old 15th August 2013, 20:43   #1390
BHPian

Hello friends, I got a shocking news from my dealer (Sundaram Honda, Madurai) today saying that the price of Honda Amaze have been hiked for the second time from August 12th onwards.

They quote an additional Rs.3000 for S (mt) diesel variant.

Is it true? Did any of you hear about such shocking news?

Regards,

Guru.
Old 15th August 2013, 22:16   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends, I got a shocking news from my dealer (Sundaram Honda, Madurai) today saying that the price of Honda Amaze have been hiked for the second time from August 12th onwards.

They quote an additional Rs.3000 for S (mt) diesel variant.

Is it true? Did any of you hear about such shocking news?

Regards,

Guru.
Yes it is true. They've hiked the prices again. Probably due to falling rupee.
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 12:10   #1392
BHPian

Does any one know the Horn make model number used in skoda and volkswagen cars in India?

I am planning to change my factory fitted pathetic Horn in my Amaze next weeek.

I would appreciate if you guys suggest me any other horn which is pleasant and as well as makes the oncoming traffic to make way for me.

Regards,

Guru.
Old 16th August 2013, 13:52   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Does any one know the Horn make model number used in skoda and volkswagen cars in India?
I am planning to change my factory fitted pathetic Horn in my Amaze next week.
I would appreciate if you guys suggest me any other horn which is pleasantand as well as makes the oncoming traffic to make way for me.
Regards,
Guru.
Haha, +1 to that. To make matters worst, my car's horn has now developed a 'sore throat' if you know what I mean....
Old 16th August 2013, 15:28   #1394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would appreciate if you guys suggest me any other horn which is pleasant and as well as makes the oncoming traffic to make way for me.
Its like asking a 5000 CC car to be fuel efficient at the same time
In India, you have to frighten the people's in & out to get them out of the way; of course while staying 'into' the legal limits. Pleasant and Still working don't go hand to hand.

BTW, I have seen the VW style horns at a car accessory shop for Rs. 600/- at my place.
Old 16th August 2013, 17:39   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Its like asking a 5000 CC car to be fuel efficient at the same time
In India, you have to frighten the people's in & out to get them out of the way; of course while staying 'into' the legal limits. Pleasant and Still working don't go hand to hand.

BTW, I have seen the VW style horns at a car accessory shop for Rs. 600/- at my place.

Rs.600/- would be great I guess. In Bangalore, I found out that there are two companies which provide the VW style horns.

1) Roots Windtone for Rs.650/-

2) Bosch for Rs.600/-

Now I am confused on which one to choose...

Help Please...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks