Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2013, 22:57   #1411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post

The rear view is limited. But not that much.
I have installed non camera sensors(4). Cost 5.5k
Camera one's cost is 9.5k
There are visors , chrome finishing. All of them are overpriced.
Illuminated step garnish costs 7.2k
Illuminated step garnish is not direct fit . Holes need to be drilled in door sill that's why I did not install . I asked the honda guy how he will fit the step . He calmly said I'll have to drill holes Saar !
Old 20th August 2013, 00:03   #1412
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
But why would they want to do it that ways? They will have to give you a boxed piece either ways right, and they will have to provide a bill for it as well.
Or is this daylight robbery?
Mahesh,

Dakshin Honda are capable of that too (hope you have seen my ownership report). But I think its a ploy the sales guys play. They tell you a higher price initially and if we question closely they will offer a spot discount, which will bring what you pay to the actual price - MRP on a boxed item.

Lesser we talk about them, the better

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 20th August 2013, 05:59   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Drove the Amaze diesel yesterday and contrary to the test report, I found the diesel to be extremely sluggish and the engine laboured up its rev range, very unlike Honda. The car needed a heavy push on the pedal to get going. I was expecting a lot more but came back disappointed. Definitely does not feel like a 100 ps motor.

May be the test car wasn't in the best of health, but it had done only 4000 odd kilometers. The ride quality and the overall rattle free demure of the abused test car was impressive though. I feel its much better built than Dzire.
Old 20th August 2013, 08:43   #1414
BHPian

A pamphlet i got from courtesy honda

Name:  ForumRunner_20130820_084257.png
Views: 5526
Size:  436.2 KB
Old 20th August 2013, 09:14   #1415
BHPian

You are right . My diesel does feel sluggish . I hopefully think it will free up after the first service . I find going over 90 Kmh not very easy . I am used to the turbo kick of my indigo dicor . Surely does not feel like a 100 ps motor . I have only covered 275 kms in less than a month .
Old 20th August 2013, 09:35   #1416
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Sir I have the amaze vmt diesel. I have not installed reverse sensors but view through the rear windshield is very limited . It will be better to install the reverse sensors.
Exactly my point. My son has bought a City AVN which has a reversing camera as part of the 'kit' which includes leather seats, GPS, etc. Now I am contemplating an Amaze for my daughter-in-law. I have reversing sensors in my Brio, and will be quite happy to have them in the Amaze. However, the wires in the loom are short and will need to be patched for the Amaze. In fact the Thai manual (in Thai) showed the sires entering the car on the lhs, and the chaps were at a loss since the wires were too short. Once they we routed to enter from the rhs everything became kosher! My Civic has reversing cameras, and afaik Honda have not given much thought to the rear view.
Old 20th August 2013, 10:48   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi Guys

I bought my Amaze VX AT (Petrol) mainly for this reason (that its not a MS).

May be people will think of me as a fool for not wanting to be part of the crowd.

So far happy with the buy.

Ram

I spoke too soon it looks like. The only Accessory installed on the car - by the Dealer - the Reverse parking Sensor - failed. On engaging the Reverse the sensor is screeming its head off with right side showing red.

Called of Honda Service - let us see how this goes

Ram

ps: Thr RVPS is a useful item on Amaze in view of the limited rear visibility through the Central RVM.
Old 20th August 2013, 12:23   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
But I think its a ploy the sales guys play.
Even without me asking for any discount , they offered me 250 INR discount 😃saying they are selling it to me at their cost price as I was amongst the first VX Diesel owners. But he also said , the final price would come to 4 K INR as 250 INR was their firing charge !
Old 20th August 2013, 15:09   #1419
BANNED

@skyfire2892; In a high end model you get may of these included - mud flaps, 2-DIN audio, front speakewrs. Floor mats & body cover are mostly freebies. @r_nairtvm; I do not see the reversing sensors in the leaflet. I got them in my Brio and aer working beautifully. Yours must be after-market since there is no visual display in the Brio OE ones.
Old 20th August 2013, 15:15   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@skyfire2892; In a high end model you get may of these included - mud flaps, 2-DIN audio, front speakewrs. Floor mats & body cover are mostly freebies. @r_nairtvm; I do not see the reversing sensors in the leaflet. I got them in my Brio and aer working beautifully. Yours must be after-market since there is no visual display in the Brio OE ones.
Sir I have the top end diesel . Vmt . I get 2 din audio and mud flaps . Nothing else was given free . I purchased the floor mats . The carpet has plastic on it though . I do not know if that's standard .
Old 20th August 2013, 17:31   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
A pamphlet i got from courtesy honda
Here are the prices i Got from Honda for Amaze:

Reverse parking cam + Sensor - 9800
Full Mats with Boot - 1657
Mirror lock (Looks ugly) - 213
car body cover - 1450
Steering covers 3 options- 450, 700 & 2750
Ambient light - 700
Seat covers 3 Quality options - 6000/ 10000/ 13000
Old 20th August 2013, 17:42   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Hello friends, I got a shocking news from my dealer (Sundaram Honda, Madurai) today saying that the price of Honda Amaze have been hiked for the second time from August 12th onwards.

They quote an additional Rs.3000 for S (mt) diesel variant.

Is it true? Did any of you hear about such shocking news?

Regards,

Guru.
I paid 5000 extra as a price hike on Friday.. They said the prices went up on Thursday. I had booked the car 3 months back. S (mt) variant.

Is there a different price hike for D & P?
Old 20th August 2013, 17:48   #1423
BHPian

Quote:

Sir I have the top end diesel . Vmt . I get 2 din audio and mud flaps . Nothing else was given free . I purchased the floor mats . The carpet has plastic on it though . I do not know if that's standard .
+1
No freebies were given except a pack of choco pie.
I got 3d mats from a local dealer for 1.2k.
They fit perfectly and are easily washable!

Name:  ForumRunner_20130820_174610.png
Views: 6110
Size:  519.9 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130820_174651.png
Views: 6044
Size:  544.6 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by asadjamal View Post

Here are the prices i Got from Honda for Amaze:

Reverse parking cam + Sensor - 9800
Full Mats with Boot - 1657
Mirror lock (Looks ugly) - 213
car body cover - 1450
Steering covers 3 options- 450, 700 & 2750
Ambient light - 700
Seat covers 3 Quality options - 6000/ 10000/ 13000
Mats and seat covers can be bought from aftermarket deal. You'll get a vfm product.
Steering is nice to hold. Cover is not required!
Body cover depends on use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
I would like fellow members' thoughts on the the 'ideal' speed/rpm levels for each gear change in the Amaze petrol as well as diesel? Of course, there would be an optimum level from a fuel efficiency perspective and then you could rev her hard when you want that rush of adrenaline.

I would really like to understand this from a technical perspective, though over the years we do tend to develop a 'feel' for it.

@sgiitk, perhaps you could also share your thoughts/technical views especially since you are familiar with the brio.

Thank you!
I have a diesel and i generally shift gear in vicinity of 2,000 rpm. For fuel efficiency keep rpms near 1,500 and use light foot on race pedal, the ECO light will remain always up!
As in diesel, the first gear gives a nice initial torque. I immediately go to second gear with a little rev. The second gear is charm for driving in traffic (thanks to low turbo lag), no need put foot on race pedal in traffic.
I have taken rpms to 3,000+ where cabin starts feeling shaky. One thing everyone would agree that car feels very responsive at all speed ranges.
The diesel engine is not high rpm friendly as the official review said. But even at low rpm you won't be complaining in city traffics. As for highway with 5th gear and rpm around 2000+ would take you to 90-100 easily. As i drive my car i'll put up more information.
Hope this helps.
skyfire2892 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 17:56   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
I too didn't get any freebies with my SMT Petrol.

And yes, there was a layer of plastic film on the carpet, which was removed when the floor mats (2 layers) were installed. The logic in removing was that if moisture seeps in, it might lead to fungal growth.
Old 20th August 2013, 18:07   #1425
BHPian

I would like fellow members' thoughts on the the 'ideal' speed/rpm levels for each gear change in the Amaze petrol as well as diesel? Of course, there would be an optimum level from a fuel efficiency perspective and then you could rev her hard when you want that rush of adrenaline.

I would really like to understand this from a technical perspective, though over the years we do tend to develop a 'feel' for it.

@sgiitk, perhaps you could also share your thoughts/technical views especially since you are familiar with the brio.

Thank you!

Most Viewed