Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2013, 11:36   #1306
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Have always been getting 20Kpl + in city , today thought will stick to below 1500 rpm in top gear. With the awesome torque and the almost zero turbo lag , I never went below 4th gear. Yeah it wasn't rush hour traffic and got all signals green over 11 kms. Without AC and windows closed

Someone else on the highways , I am sure will get more than this.

I keep 35/31 psi (F/R).

Attachment 1115514
@speedsatya,
Thanks a lot for sharing. Such posts make me happy that I have not messed up my decision of going for i-DTec. I'm getting my car delivered next month and I'm totally excited.
Initially I had plans of upsizing the wheels but later thought of keeping stocks because I cannot compromise on fuel efficiency. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of going for diesel. Just my thoughts
Old 23rd July 2013, 15:40   #1307
BHPian

I am getting my car this thursday . Could someone please tell me weither the floor mats and mud flaps come as standard on the top end diesel Vmt i-dtecand if the answer is no then where to buy them ? And how much the biedge ones cost .
Old 23rd July 2013, 16:01   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I am getting my car this thursday . Could someone please tell me weither the floor mats and mud flaps come as standard on the top end diesel Vmt i-dtecand if the answer is no then where to buy them ? And how much the biedge ones cost .
Mud flaps come with the car. Floor mats , I bought the OE accessory fabric mat for 1200 INR ( not sure ). Dakshin Honda had the rubber mats also , which I didn't like.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:40   #1309
BHPian

Hello Fellow TeamBHpians,
I am about to get the delivery of my new Honda Amaze i-VTec SMT by 10th of August 2013, i had a few doubts in mind which needs to be clarified!
1. What are essential accessories that i should consider adding on my new car?
2. As SMT variant does not get the front fog lamps i thought i will get it added to my car before its delivery itself but i was SHOCKED when the Whitefield Honda Accessories Section told me that it would cost a mind blowing amount of Rs.11,500.
Can someone please suggest me if there is an alternate option to get the fog lamps fitted and if yes, where?
3. The Huge doubt is, will i get the floor carpet and mats as standard with the car or do i need to spend on these essential accessories too?
4. And should also i consider adding the below mentioned list of items:
a) 3M Bumper Corner Guards (Transparent)
b) 3M Door Edge Guards (Transparent)
c) 3M Under Chassis Coating
d) Xenos Rear Parking Camera with Inner centre RWM mountable 7'' Screen
e) Extra OE Honda Dual-Horn which comes in the VXMT variant
f) AutoCop UpModule for the Power Windows
g) Art Leather Seat Covers + Leather Steering wheel Cover
h) Chrome Exhaust Gas Finisher (as in Honda City VMT variant)
i) IND or High Security Nameplates (as it is still not mandatory in Bengaluru yet) and a front Nameplate Frame (as in the Honda City)

Please do let me know which of these should be a must Add-On on my new car and any other comments and suggestions related to the same are always welcome.
Thank You all in Advance,

Eagerly waiting for all your views and comments,
Fellow TeamBHPian,
Rakshith220.
Old 23rd July 2013, 21:48   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshith220 View Post
I am about to get the delivery of my new Honda Amaze i-VTec SMT by 10th of August 2013, i had a few doubts in mind which needs to be clarified!
==========
Fellow TeamBHPian,
Rakshith220.
Hey Rakshith,

First of all, congrats for the Amaze. Below is an attempt to answer your queries:
1. There's practically no limit to the variety of accessories available for cars today. All you need to understand is what you really need and also how much your budget permits you. In fact I'm also getting my Amaze i-DTEC next month and have planned on getting alloys, touch screen head unit and parking camera for it.
2. There are a lot of reputed accessories shop in Bangalore. Sprocket, Anwar's Autozone and Sachin's Autoshop (Kormangala), EVO(Cambridge Layout), Car Decor, Car Shringar (J.C road) are a few to name. Choose the one that suits you. Search google or this forum for more details.
3. Don't know about Whitefield honda. I have booked at Magnum Honda and they are taking Rs.3000 towards basic car kit which includes floor mats and car cover.
4d. I wouldn't suggest mirror mountable monitor for reverse camera, as the quality of those would be poorer than stock mirror. Please go for dash mountable type.
4e. Makes sense to upgrade the stock horn. How much is the dealership quoting?
4a,b,c,f,g. Optional. Go for them only if you really need them or else I suggest you to save the buck. Invest in alloys instead
4i. Not required. Stay with normal number plates till govt rules are out.

BTW, a very quick question. When did you get to know the exact delivery date of the car? In my case, the dealer has only said the car would be arriving next month, but not the exact date.
amazer2013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 22:34   #1311
BHPian

Hello amazer2013,
Thank you for your keen interest in guiding me through.
The delivery date is according to my convenience as the car would have already arrived by first week of august and it would stay there after registration and other formalities.
I thought of bringing it home in "Shravan mass" so decided to go for 10th of August!
Congratulations to you too for your first ever Honda diesel sedan!
Thank you once again!
Old 23rd July 2013, 23:11   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
It seems that Honda underestimated the demand for the Petrol (production mix was too much Diesel oriented) as a result we are almost having longer queues for Petrol than Diesel.
I second that. Infact the tables seem to have turned around in favour of petrol offlate as Amaze's i-vtec is a trade off between Brio Hatch and City Sedan. While i-dtec piggybacks on Honda's engine prowess in the form of i-vtec with the latter being a safe bet. Either ways Honda stands to gain big time.
Old 24th July 2013, 01:46   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Rakshith220 sir,

I am answering your queries based on my experiences with cars since 17 years now. The final call should rest on your shoulders.

1) The most common things people buy in an essential pack is floor mats, boot mat, mud flaps, and in some cases steering wheel cover.

2) The cost is high because the black insert in the bumper where the fog lamp will be housed will be replaced with the one in the highest model. Extra cost for painting if you opt for it. I don't know about South Indian weather much, but here in West, there is no need of fog lamps. Go for them only if you desire so.

3) This depends on dealer to dealer

4) a/b - your choice.
c - under chassis coating is not required in new gen cars since their body is galvanized, and is protected from rust for 7 years on average. That said, people still do opt for it. I don't do this in any of my cars.
d - If you are a newbie driver, this will aid you. That said, I am from the old school thought of drivers who prefer using my own eyes to park.
e - if you like the sound, go for it. If not, you always have the aftermarket option.
f - not recommended. Power windows are best factory fitted, even if the same company which supplies the module to the factory is selling it in the market.
g - go for the seat covers only if you are expecting a lot of abuse to seats in the form of dirtying, staining, or dust etc. Otherwise, art leather is not too good for our climate. It does not 'breathe' as normal leather, you will lose the normal contour of the seats, and some of them just produce squeaky sounds when you sit on them. Not to forget, they just aid to the sweating in our climate..
h - your choice
i - stick by normal ones for now. High security number plates are usually fitted at the issuing RTO only. The ones which dealers sell are generally replicas. Go for high security ones once the law mandates. The front number plate frame is your choice.

These are my views based on my experiences with my cars. I hope it helps.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 10:25   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Hello amazer2013,
Thank you for your keen interest in guiding me through.
===============
Congratulations to you too for your first ever Honda diesel sedan!
Thank you once again!

Thanks.
When did you book the car? I mean which date?
Which color?
I'm trying to compare waiting period of i-Dtec vs i-Vtec
Old 24th July 2013, 14:20   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
2. As SMT variant does not get the front fog lamps i thought i will get it added to my car before its delivery itself but i was SHOCKED when the Whitefield Honda Accessories Section told me that it would cost a mind blowing amount of Rs.11,500.
Can someone please suggest me if there is an alternate option to get the fog lamps fitted and if yes, where?
3. The Huge doubt is, will i get the floor carpet and mats as standard with the car or do i need to spend on these essential accessories too?
i) IND or High Security Nameplates (as it is still not mandatory in Bengaluru yet) and a front Nameplate Frame (as in the Honda City)
Here's my 2 pence:

1. and 3. The SMT does not come with floor carpet and mats. It has a dark grey carpet(?) attached to the floor. I bought transparent, smoked carpet and mats. Not really a carpet, but something that covers the floor. Looks really cool. Since it is transparent, the base carpet is visible, an since it is smoked, it looks really good.

4. The Amaze's steering I feel is just too good to be covered with anything! As for the 3M corner guards, etc., one thing I have realised is that on Indian roads, anything is possible. My car recently got dented on the right rear wheel arch by an Ertiga whose driver was getting impatient in a traffic jam (bumper to bumper trafic, when movement was in inches per 10 minutes!). So we do all these things to protect the paint (like I got the Waxoyl treatment done) and some nut comes along and does the damage...for no fault of yours... .

One thing I would recommend though is upgrading your tyres. I upgraded to Michelin XM2 and am really happy with their performance. Think about it this way - tyres are like the shoes worn by a runner - a very important component for safety (grip, braking, cornering) and comfort (ride quality, noise). As GTO and vidyut have noted, the stock tyres are skinny.
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 16:26   #1316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please do let me know which of these should be a must Add-On on my new car and any other comments and suggestions related to the same are always welcome.
Thank You all in Advance,

Fellow TeamBHPian,
Rakshith220.
Other than carpets , I don't think you need anything else. I would recommend upgrading the tires to 185 mm before spending on accessories. Honda says warranty will be void if tires are changed , that's the reason I still haven't changed them.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 17:44   #1317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am about to get the delivery of my new Honda Amaze i-VTec SMT by 10th of August 2013,
Congratulations for your car

Quote:
Amaze foglamps for 11.5 K is plain daylight robbery seeing the quality of the OEM foglamps but except Tata's everyone in Indian market is fleecing for fogs ( Safari fog lamps were just 2800 with fitting at T.A.S.S)

One option can be Hella fog lamps they fit in H7 bulbs and cost some 5K at reliance autozone. They are round in shape and fully metal and can be fitted in OEM slots of most car bumpers with some extra drilling.

Do not confuse with Hella axillary lights such as Rallys or FF series which mount on bumpers of SUVs. I am talking about something like this

http://www.vicky.in/shopping/hella-f...ff-50-blue-set

or this one
http://www.vicky.in/shopping/hella-f...amp-90-mm-12-v

However I will say wait for one year warranty to get over before any electrical mods.
Quote:

You will need to spend extra no car provides it , dealer may throw in freebie so try for that else do not buy from dealer you can get floor mats for around 750rs

Quote:
good idea to protect from scratches etc
Quote:
Not strictly required unless you live in costal areas

Quote:
Not required in Amaze at all there are no big blind spots.
In fact rear camera will confuse you more

Quote:
Not needed in case you want better horn go for Roots or Hella from outside.
Horn fitting does not need any wire cutting so no warranty issue.

Quote:
Not required at all also may affect warranty if wires are cut.

Quote:

your choice and your money. I think chrome exhaust tip is waste of money.

Quote:

Why to go if it is not mandatory ? Anyway your choice as it is your money.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 17:54   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
They will have to change the bumper attachment hence the cost. It's not a simple fit as with other cars. There is no ready slot available as you would have noticed in your car.

Quote:
No except the dealer

Quote:
a) 3M Bumper Corner Guards (Transparent) - No use
b) 3M Door Edge Guards (Transparent) - Useful, I have them
c) 3M Under Chassis Coating - Good considering its rainy season
d) Xenos Rear Parking Camera with Inner centre RWM mountable 7'' Screen - Useful, dont have it my car but have seen in my colleagues AStar.
e) Extra OE Honda Dual-Horn which comes in the VXMT variant - Must have, OEM horns are very meek, not going to scare even a dog
f) AutoCop UpModule for the Power Windows - Good to have, not required
g) Art Leather Seat Covers + Leather Steering wheel Cover - Good to have
h) Chrome Exhaust Gas Finisher (as in Honda City VMT variant) - Fancy
i) IND or High Security Nameplates (as it is still not mandatory in Bengaluru yet) and a front Nameplate Frame (as in the Honda City) - Good to Have
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 22:52   #1319

Quote:

Hi !

I bought the floor carpets from them, and in the heavy rains they gave me beige fabric ones that get dirty in 10 mins, I was in Surat a while back and found these awesome beige mats which are plasticy and great quality, and they are made for the amaze.

2000 for corner guards, Honda quoted. Got them outside for 600 bucks. Door edge guards are very cheap outside too.

Dual horns would be great. Was getting them for 2.5K outside, no clue of the brand now, but they were loud and the dealer mentioned that no wires would be cut.

How much were you quoted for the seat covers ? 5K was what I was told, rexin-ish material. Looked pretty good to me, will get that done soon.
anants_220 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 11:07   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post

Thanks.
When did you book the car? I mean which date?
Which color?
I'm trying to compare waiting period of i-Dtec vs i-Vtec
It's silver and date of booking is maybe in the month of June!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks