Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2014, 08:00   #2056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Any idea when the CVT Amaze is expected? Is there a facelift around the corner?
I don't think facelift will come around soon. The car is not even a year old. Maybe by 2014 end or if sales really go down!
Old 4th February 2014, 16:06   #2057
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilbuster View Post
After I saw your post, I tried the same thing and it worked perfectly. I think Honda has done this to save clutch life and make us avoid over revving. I used to do the same thing as you and frequently change gears with my SX4 and even when I drove a Camry. But I prefer this with my Amaze as it keeps me in control always without over accelerating and being trigger happy with the gear knobs.
The engine is not fun to drive in first place and coupled with such gearbox it is

Can't wait to upgrade to New Fabia whenever it comes.
Old 4th February 2014, 19:23   #2058
BHPian

I do agree in the diesel there is no turbo lag but the engine is no fun to drive becuase of its excessive noise the dzire in contrast is much better to drive engine wise but the turbo lag in the dzire is very evident .I'm driving the vmxt idtec for the last six months . I must say engine noise wise dzire is way ahead but looses on in cabin space which honda has managed very very well . The dzire has a good dash and above average music system but the amaze has a very basic dash and below average music system with equally crappy speakers . Dezire has the smaller boot and looks quite ugly and the amaze has the lager boot and looks better than the dzire . Looks are subjective so I mus say to all dzire owners do not hate me . P.S . I own a dzire vdi and amaze vxmt idtec both bought new last year so I feel I can faitly comment on both .
anky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 19:44   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post

The engine is not fun to drive in first place and coupled with such gearbox it is

I would like to disagree. On contrary I enjoy driving within city. The gearbox may take time to get used too but no longer creates problem for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I do agree in the diesel there is no turbo lag but the engine is no fun to drive becuase of its excessive noise the dzire in contrast is much better to drive engine wise but the turbo lag in the dzire is very evident .I'm driving the vmxt idtec for the last six months . I must say engine noise wise dzire is way ahead but looses on in cabin space which honda has managed very very well . The dzire has a good dash and above average music system but the amaze has a very basic dash and below average music system with equally crappy speakers . Dezire has the smaller boot and looks quite ugly and the amaze has the lager boot and looks better than the dzire . Looks are subjective so I mus say to all dzire owners do not hate me . P.S . I own a dzire vdi and amaze vxmt idtec both bought new last year so I feel I can faitly comment on both .
Agree. Noise sometimes creates problems but high volume ICE covers it for me.
Old 4th February 2014, 19:52   #2060
BHPian

Quote:

While I respect your opinion, my friend, that sounds a bit harsh on the Amaze . Frustrating? Really?? I drive the i-VTEC which is great for city roundabouts, while not being a highway scorcher. The diesel, from the official review and having done a TD, seems to be a peppy engine with minimal turbo lag, albeit one which has a somewhat loud clatter and a shuddering start and stop.

I'm a bit curious as to why would anyone want to change to 1st gear at speeds above 10 kmpl? I for one, haven't and neither do I intend to, but then, that's just me!
Old 4th February 2014, 20:02   #2061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That's some harsh statement for a descent car! I too don't like the car, but then I like a lot of other cars currently available for purchase. And why Fabia, that too a New one? Is it coming? When? What specs?
Old 4th February 2014, 20:14   #2062
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I own a dzire vdi and amaze vxmt idtec both bought new last year so I feel I can faitly comment on both .
I am curious to know why you own both cars which belong to the same segment?
My family too owns a Dzire Ldi & my Dad is about to book an Amaze diesel base variant. I am trying very hard to convince him not to buy it & instead look at a Honda City in which ABS & Airbags are standard but the only reply i get from him is "26kmpl mileage"!
8.2 lakhs is the OTR, Mumbai that is being quoted.
This base variant i'm informed doesn't come with wheelcaps & i have a feeling it wont even come with that internal joystick to adjust the ORVM's either, atleast that is the case in my friend's Brio!
Old 4th February 2014, 20:59   #2063
BHPian

The reason I have 2 same segment cars is that I upgraded my alto of 9 years to an amaze and my dad upgraded his indigo dicor to swift dzire . My driver drives the dzire and I drive the amaze . I do not give the honda to the driver .
Old 5th February 2014, 12:36   #2064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
I'm a bit curious as to why would anyone want to change to 1st gear at speeds above 10 kmpl? I for one, haven't and neither do I intend to, but then, that's just me!
It is just when you want to make a quick move. 10KMPH in 2nd gear takes its own sweet time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
That's some harsh statement for a descent car! I too don't like the car, but then I like a lot of other cars currently available for purchase. And why Fabia, that too a New one? Is it coming? When? What specs?
Its a descent car no doubt which ticks most of the boxes. Fuel consumption, Preety accurate steering, flickable nature, lots of space.

Fabia may be launched in early 2015. It may come with the new 1.5 or current 1.6 engine. it has got good headroom (which polo does not have), good space for 5, good build quality and good luggage space. Seems like a good drive for family and for Enthusiasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
I would like to disagree. On contrary I enjoy driving within city. The gearbox may take time to get used too but no longer creates problem for me.

Agree. Noise sometimes creates problems but high volume ICE covers it for me.
On contrary I feel more at home on the highway with Amaze. I have driven it for 14000 KM till date so not sure how long I'll take to get use to Amaze driving.
Problem is that I and my friends share each others car pretty often. I get my hands on Sunny, Scorpio and Grand i10. and when I come back to Amaze it just does not feel right.

I may be sounding too frustating but nobody to blame as I opted for it
shashant is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 15:01   #2065
BANNED

Quote:
Any idea when the CVT Amaze is expected? Is there a facelift around the corner?
I do not expect an upgrade any time soon.

As for the CVT I expect it soon. I had booked an Amaze AT in Ocober, and have been getting the run-around for over a month.

To meet the 'kitna deti hai' brigade the CVT is king. They have a CVT in Thailand, and the 5-speed which was Civic > City > Brio/Amaze seems to be dying fast. It is gone in the City and Civic itself in gone. So I will say a CVT is not too far in the future. In any case everyone is going that route - Toyota Altis, many of the Germans, .. Rubber-banding has been reduced to a large extent by the fixed bands, and in any case in this segment should not matter. A CVT is lighter, cheaper and more economical.
Old 5th February 2014, 15:09   #2066
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I do not expect an upgrade any time soon.

As for the CVT I expect it soon. I had booked an Amaze AT in Ocober, and have been getting the run-around for over a month.

To meet the 'kitna deti hai' brigade the CVT is king. They have a CVT in Thailand, and the 5-speed which was Civic > City > Brio/Amaze seems to be dying fast. It is gone in the City and Civic itself in gone. So I will say a CVT is not too far in the future. In any case everyone is going that route - Toyota Altis, many of the Germans, .. Rubber-banding has been reduced to a large extent by the fixed bands, and in any case in this segment should not matter. A CVT is lighter, cheaper and more economical.
For some reason the Linkway Honda guy keeps telling me that the Amaze has always had a CVT and no updates are expected
Old 5th February 2014, 15:17   #2067
BANNED

Quote:
For some reason the Linkway Honda guy keeps telling me that the Amaze has always had a CVT and no updates are expected
He does not have a clue. My year old Brio V AT a 5-speed and not a CVT.
Old 5th February 2014, 16:21   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sahil the Linkway Hond guys are talking throug some other opening other than thier mouth

I have a Honda Amaze VX AT and its full blown AT and not a CVT as they claim. If I am not mistaken its the same box as it is in Brio AT.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 5th February 2014, 17:53   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
On contrary I feel more at home on the highway with Amaze. I have driven it for 14000 KM till date so not sure how long I'll take to get use to Amaze driving.
Problem is that I and my friends share each others car pretty often. I get my hands on Sunny, Scorpio and Grand i10. and when I come back to Amaze it just does not feel right.

I may be sounding too frustating but nobody to blame as I opted for it
Agreed. Both Sunny and Scorpio are in completely different league. Grand i10 is good for city use and also has better insulation despite being a 3-pot. The gearbox allows to downshift only at certain speeds and that is frustrating for many people. But they have designed it in such a way(maybe keeping FE in mind). And ofcourse on highway this problem won't exist as downshifting is rarely required and performance on flat staright roads is unparalleled.
Old 5th February 2014, 19:14   #2070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Agreed. Both Sunny and Scorpio are in completely different league. Grand i10 is good for city use and also has better insulation despite being a 3-pot. The gearbox allows to downshift only at certain speeds and that is frustrating for many people. But they have designed it in such a way(maybe keeping FE in mind). And ofcourse on highway this problem won't exist as downshifting is rarely required and performance on flat staright roads is unparalleled.
Scorpio is in a diffferent league. Sunny though is right up there or less, with Amaze in terms of engine power/ torque figure and still its bit better to drive than Amaze.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks