Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2022, 19:09   #2791
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
Honda ASS recommends a full suspension kit change for my 2013 Honda amaze, Do you guys recommend that I replace it with Honda's genuine kit or are there better aftermarket brands in terms of quality? Thanks
I would stick with OEM! nothing beats Honda OEM quality!
Old 27th July 2022, 22:34   #2792
BHPian

Quote:
Honda ASS recommends a full suspension kit change for my 2013 Honda amaze, Do you guys recommend that I replace it with Honda's genuine kit or are there better aftermarket brands in terms of quality? Thanks
With experience, I would suggest you to stick with Honda genuine parts because you will have to compromise with the ride quality with aftermarket parts.
Old 16th October 2022, 19:04   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Have you done a full replacement with OEM kit? How much did it cost you? The reason I’m asking you is during the recent service of my 2014 petrol Amaze, the dealer service center mechanic observed the suspension was slightly weak and i was told the car can be used for another 10k kms. But this needs an inspection in next service and go for an overhaul or replacement.
Old 3rd June 2023, 06:28   #2794
BHPian

My Honda Amaze 1st gen has covered more than 1L kms. From past one week I can here ‘katak’ kind of noise mildly while rotating steering wheel in slow speeds let’s say 5kms. For example when I drive out of underground parking where the floor is roughly finished. I believe it’s happening where the traction is high and in very low speed. Would like to know the issue if any bhpians can help. Front suspension are replaced with OEM before 10k kms.
Old 3rd June 2023, 21:20   #2795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashief View Post
My Honda Amaze 1st gen has covered more than 1L kms. From past one week I can here ‘katak’ kind of noise mildly while rotating steering wheel in slow speeds let’s say 5kms.
This could be coming from any of the steering wheel components starting from steering rack to tie rods or could even be a play in the struts. I recently encountered this issue and turned out my struts were bad, but since you say you replaced the struts recently, next thing you could look at is if there is any play in the tie rods.

You could raise the vehicle on jack stands and do a 9-3 and 12-6 tire shakedown test and see if there is any wheel movement and narrow it down.
twin_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 07:45   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin_turbo View Post
This could be coming from any of the steering wheel components starting from steering rack to tie rods or could even be a play in the struts. I recently encountered this issue and turned out my struts were bad, but since you say you replaced the struts recently, next thing you could look at is if there is any play in the tie rods.

You could raise the vehicle on jack stands and do a 9-3 and 12-6 tire shakedown test and see if there is any wheel movement and narrow it down.
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll check the wheel movements.
Kashief is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 15:48   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin_turbo View Post
I did this and found the rubber bush of right side connecting rod is torn in other end. But no sound experienced while rotating the wheel. I believe as the wheels are in jack stand it rotated freely. Sound may be reproduced if the wheels are rotated in rough surface.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_1653.jpeg  

Old 11th June 2023, 17:17   #2798

Quote:
My Honda Amaze 1st gen has covered more than 1L kms. From past one week I can here ‘katak’ kind of noise mildly while rotating steering wheel in slow speeds let’s say 5kms. For example when I drive out of underground parking where the floor is roughly finished. I believe it’s happening where the traction is high and in very low speed. Would like to know the issue if any bhpians can help. Front suspension are replaced with OEM before 10k kms.
I happen to have the exact same issue on my 1st gen Amaze (P) and for me it was the stabilizer link rods to be blamed.

I'd recommend jacking up the car to inspect the stabilizer linkages (vertical rod like components) of both RHS & LHS and also the lower arms. The rods/arms have small rubber like coverings, at each of their end, which contains grease tightly packed into it. Visually inspect if the rubber is cracked, if it is then it's done.

In my case I got both stabilizer linkages aftermarket for 550 each and replaced them for 150 each. Now after 2 yrs I again hear the same sound but now, that I know what the problem is, I am least worried, the katkat is only when there is minor undulations on the road and at <10 kmph. I cannot vouch for the aftermarket parts but one could definitely opt for OEM for that peace of mind. They approximately cost 2300 for a pair (replace both even if one is kaput) + Labour. Let me know if that helped.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 11th June 2023 at 17:55. Reason: Typos
SwapnilSS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 04:46   #2799

Hello everyone

I own a 2020 Amaze SMT petrol. Currently it's running on JK tyres Vectra 175/65/R14 .

I have decided to upgrade to Yokohama Earth 1.

Kindly guide me below-

>Should I upgrade my size to 185/65/R14 on the stock steel rim (size=5J) ?

>Will my fuel efficiency, steering and suspension components be negatively effected as there is a deviation of 2.3% in this upgrade?

>Will I have to recalibrate my speedometer and odometer for this size upgrade?

>Also, will my this bigger sized tyre rub against the inner side on full steering lock or rub the fender under full load?

Regards
Old 18th June 2023, 17:14   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSheikh View Post
Hello everyone

I own a 2020 Amaze SMT petrol. Currently it's running on JK tyres Vectra 175/65/R14 .

I have decided to upgrade to Yokohama Earth 1.

Kindly guide me below-

>Should I upgrade my size to 185/65/R14 on the stock steel rim (size=5J) ?

>Will my fuel efficiency, steering and suspension components be negatively effected as there is a deviation of 2.3% in this upgrade?

>Will I have to recalibrate my speedometer and odometer for this size upgrade?

>Also, will my this bigger sized tyre rub against the inner side on full steering lock or rub the fender under full load?

Regards
I would suggest you run 185/60/14. That would be the correct upsize and it will have minimal impact on your speedometer and odometer so that you don't have to calibrate it.
You will have a slight drop in efficiency and peppiness of the car as the contact patch is bigger, you have more friction and rolling resistance.
No, your tires won't rub against the inner side or fender. I was running on 205/50/15 tires in 7J rims and I'm currently running on 195/55/15 tires in 7.5J rims.
Vishnu Shaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 18:29   #2801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu Shaji View Post
I would suggest you run 185/60/14. That would be the correct upsize and it will have minimal impact on your speedometer and odometer so that you don't have to calibrate it.
You will have a slight drop in efficiency and peppiness of the car as the contact patch is bigger, you have more friction and rolling resistance.
No, your tires won't rub against the inner side or fender. I was running on 205/50/15 tires in 7J rims and I'm currently running on 195/55/15 tires in 7.5J rims.
Thanks for the insight! But you see, the car is always packed with 5 adults, resulting in lowered ground clearance. Also, I have 60% city & 40% highway driving, with both consisting of a lot of bad roads. Which means I need bigger sidewalls for comfort as well as to avoid damaging my sidewalls on the rough patches. Hence, going for 185/60/14 will mean that the sidewalls will further reduce from the current 175/65/14 and that will play as a negative factor owing to the above-mentioned driving conditions.
Old 8th December 2023, 11:27   #2802
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of weeks back, periodic service is completed in Honda. I reported this issue and after analysis they have recommended to change steering box. I didn’t ask for more details, as there was another issue at the time of taking delivery. Honda has given a rough estimate around 50k.

Looking for some suggestions,

1. Anyone faced this issue in Amaze, kindly share your experience?
2. I’m not facing any issue with steering input while driving and would like to know how quick I need to address this?
3. Estimate is given for changing full steering box. Does it required to change fully or only broken part? As of now not sure which one is broken.

Thanks!
Old 19th January 2024, 18:42   #2803

I have driven many cars all my life from Alto, Santro, Baleno, i10, Creta, and some more.

But I have never faced this issue with any of my Cars like the one I am facing with my Current Car - Honda Amaze CVT Automatic Petrol

The Problem - The Steering of this Car is Very Heavy and Hard it is the Worst I have ever in any of my Cars.

While Driving it doesn't work like a Power Steering at all. Even my Alto and Santro which I used in 2007-2008 had much better Steering than this one.

Around 6 Months back I Bought - Honda Amaze CVT Automatic Model - But after taking the Delivery pretty soon I was convinced that the Steering is very Stiff, Hard and Heavy.

I have been to the Dealer twice regarding the same - They checked the Wheel Alignment and Tyre Pressure and Nothing Changed - They just say it is the Same for all Amaze

But even if it is the same for All Amaze - Does this statement Fix the Issue? No

If you google - Honda Amaze Steering Hard / Honda Amaze Steering Heavy you will find many Users facing the same issue. There are some YouTube videos too about this issue.

But the Dealers are 1st Not agreeging that it is even an issue 2nd they just don't take it seriously and give a blank answer saying that it's the same with all other Amaze too.

A week ago I drove my friend's i10 Car and the Steering on it was Ultra Amazing and Very smooth. I have driven many Cars but this one has a really Hard Steering.

I have even tried calling Honda Customer Support Directly but they have just re-directed me to the Dealer who just doesn't do anything to resolve the issue.

I seriously feel this is a Big issue with Honda Amaze and they should just Recall all of them that are having this Issue and Resolve this issue ASAP...just google the same and you will see many people writing about the same issue.

Can someone here please Help me with this issue as to how should i go about resolving this issue? Any help regarding this issue will be very helpful to us all facing this issue.

Thank you
Old 20th January 2024, 20:45   #2804

The heavy steering was always a mystery. I do notice it each time & felt since Amaze is a middle car between Value & luxury, it is made like that. Shocking to note this is an unacceptable fact in a car. Eagerly following this thread now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks