Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2013, 11:34   #1276
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Did anyone go for underbody rust protection coating for Amaze ?
How much is quote from 3M or anyone else I am getting a quote of 2500Rs from a FNG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Wow 5 adults and boot full luggage, yet no under body scrapping on the ghat sections leading to Mangalore(Those who know these roads will understand) means we can officially certify the GC of the Honda amaze to be excellent even under full load
Well GC is what it is that is 165mm This means that suspension does not bog down under the load.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 12:08   #1277
BHPian

Thanks guys for the clarifications. I have booked it vehicle last week. As per dealer its 6 months waiting period. hoping it come much before that. Booked SMT-Urban Titanium with Green Honda.
Old 16th July 2013, 12:36   #1278
Senior - BHPian

I remember mentioning earlier about the difference in the actual FE and the e-reading. This time , we filled 2 times in Mangalore and the numbers were off by just 2-3%!!

So , it's now confirmed that its these gas stations in Bangalore with inaccurate meter readings.
Old 16th July 2013, 14:50   #1279
BHPian

I booked mine v mt carnelian red on June 30 . Expected delivery on July end . Mine is a diesel. I do not think amaze has a six month waiting list . Only about four to six weeks .
Old 16th July 2013, 15:57   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Did anyone go for underbody rust protection coating for Amaze ?
How much is quote from 3M or anyone else I am getting a quote of 2500Rs from a FNG.
I got it done from 3M car care, here in Mumbai, for a total cost of Rs 3690. Warranty period is 5 years. Since they promise protection for 5 years at least, and given the kind of monsoon and water logging Mumbai experiences, I thought it made sense to spend that kind of money.
Old 16th July 2013, 16:09   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post

I got it done from 3M car care, here in Mumbai, for a total cost of Rs 3690. Warranty period is 5 years. Since they promise protection for 5 years at least, and given the kind of monsoon and water logging Mumbai experiences, I thought it made sense to spend that kind of money.
I got 3m one for 5k five years ago but they never respected warranty and never did any touch up.
Old 16th July 2013, 17:08   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I booked mine v mt carnelian red on June 30 . Expected delivery on July end . Mine is a diesel. I do not think amaze has a six month waiting list . Only about four to six weeks .
Hi, Mumbai could be better in terms of waiting period. But Hyderabad dealer is very clear says it may come down by a month....not more than that. But still its 5 months. VMT is top end model right??
Old 16th July 2013, 18:48   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun1010 View Post
Hi, Mumbai could be better in terms of waiting period. But Hyderabad dealer is very clear says it may come down by a month....not more than that. But still its 5 months. VMT is top end model right??
Yeah VMT is top end diesel . I wanted ABS and Airbags . And the latter was only available in VMT .
Old 16th July 2013, 19:12   #1284
BHPian

Quote:
I got 3m one for 5k five years ago but they never respected warranty and never did any touch up.
They told me that the car will be periodically called for checking if the underbody coating needs touch ups. Wasn't that done in your case?
Old 17th July 2013, 10:33   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Yeah VMT is top end diesel . I wanted ABS and Airbags . And the latter was only available in VMT .
Thanks for clarification Anky....!!!! does VMT has lesser waiting period than SMT..?? in any case 6 months is too high waiting for any Car. I am hoping it come in 4 months.
Old 17th July 2013, 14:00   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun1010 View Post
Thanks for clarification Anky....!!!! does VMT has lesser waiting period than SMT..?? in any case 6 months is too high waiting for any Car. I am hoping it come in 4 months.
Not really . Any car I chose they said 4 to 6 weeks . At first even I thought of buying SMT . But I change my car only once every 8 years or so . So decided to spend more and buy VMT .
Old 17th July 2013, 14:29   #1287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
They told me that the car will be periodically called for checking if the underbody coating needs touch ups. Wasn't that done in your case?
They said that and also give a warranty card with dates for check-up filled in whenever I went to them for check-up they come-up with thousands of excuses for not doing it at-least that is my experience with 3M for under-body coating done for my Safari. In fact I checked with a lots of friends and I am yet to find anyone who could avail that warranty.

Finally I got some patch-up + rust protection painting of the engine plate ( not done by 3M as they just do under-body) for mere 300Rs from a FNG.

I dangled carrot of getting Amaze under-body coating from him next week so may be he did the job cheaply.
Old 18th July 2013, 16:03   #1288
BHPian

Today morning, I was 3 Amazes in the space of 3 minutes - 2 of them majestic blue and 1 urban titanium. Made me very happy .

Quote:
They said that and also give a warranty card with dates for check-up filled in whenever I went to them for check-up they come-up with thousands of excuses for not doing it at-least that is my experience with 3M for under-body coating done for my Safari. In fact I checked with a lots of friends and I am yet to find anyone who could avail that warranty.

Finally I got some patch-up + rust protection painting of the engine plate ( not done by 3M as they just do under-body) for mere 300Rs from a FNG.

I dangled carrot of getting Amaze under-body coating from him next week so may be he did the job cheaply.

Oh boy! Not expected from them after charging us so dearly! I *hope* to get better treatment from my local 3M car care unit!
Old 18th July 2013, 17:23   #1289
BHPian

Does anyone else feel that the ECU interferes a lot with anti stall in second gear? I felt the anti stall kicking in at a much higher speed than what I have experienced in other diesels. Was a pain to go over speed breakers and I had to half clutch a number of times. In second gear, the anti stall seemed to increase the speed/rpm than what was comfortable and in the 1st gear, the speed was too slow.
Old 18th July 2013, 18:23   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Does anyone else feel that the ECU interferes a lot with anti stall in second gear? I felt the anti stall kicking in at a much higher speed than what I have experienced in other diesels. Was a pain to go over speed breakers and I had to half clutch a number of times. In second gear, the anti stall seemed to increase the speed/rpm than what was comfortable and in the 1st gear, the speed was too slow.
Yes. I have the same issues. It's difficult to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. Most of the times I end up driving in 1st gear. Was also a problem driving over potholes on a ghat section.

I see the problem kicking in even in 5th gear where the car races to 40kph at times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks