Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2013, 10:17   #1816
BHPian

Honda takes customer feedback seriously. Write a mail or better contact them through twitter. If you tweet your problem they'll ask your contact details and then you can directly tell your problem. I've seen this many times on their page.
If more people raise voice honda will deal strictly with dakshin honda.

I had bought car from courtesy honda, delhi. The experience was very good.

Last edited by skyfire2892 : 17th November 2013 at 10:20.
skyfire2892 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 10:26   #1817
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The poor sales guy must be quite naive & might not have taken his lessons in customer relationship management very seriously. But then that is not an excuse for such a (c)rude behavior. Even now you can do so by registering your complaint on Honda India website. Choose your state, city & the dealer in that city & give your feedback. I am sure Honda will sit-up & take notice.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/feedback/feedback1.aspx

Thanks for sharing the link, I have registered a complaint.

Last edited by deehunk : 17th November 2013 at 10:28. Reason: typo
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 11:14   #1818
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
As of today car manufacturers have less control over dealerships than vice-versa...
NOT all! Just try Maruti and they way take the dealers to task in case of a complaint. In spite of the volumes too! I always had the dealer at my knees whenever I made a complaint; sales or service.

I have heard the same about Honda & Toyota too; very recently a GM dealer was taken to task by my friend (of course I ignited the spark) and got his 2 year old Captiva's engine replaced FOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Thanks for sharing the link, I have registered a complaint.
Good. Only when people don't take it further, such things get worser. Deal with an iron fist and they fall in place. Please do keep us updated.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 14:08   #1819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For a person who is ready to pay cash of 9 lakhs has definitely better cars to chose instead of Amaze. Honda will have to repent if they develop this attitude towards customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
You should have asked for customer feedback form & narrated your whole experience in that. Even now you can do so by registering your complaint on Honda India website. Choose your state, city & the dealer in that city & give your feedback. I am sure Honda will sit-up & take notice.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/feedback/feedback1.aspx
Unfortunately Dakshin Honda seem to be a law unto themselves. You may have seem my thread on My Amaze VX AT.

I have done all that is being suggested by AutoIndian - but really no one cares two hoots and there hasn't been any response from Honda except a initial system generated auto reply

I suspect, Dakshin Honda is not interested in Cash Customers - as they don't get any kick-backs from the financing companies. I had harrowing experience whilst finalising the car. This was Dakshin Honda Lavelle Road Showroom.

Having said that after sale service seems to be of some standard and they do deliver on 90% of SLAs on this count.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 18th November 2013, 14:44   #1820
BANNED

Honda customer care can be patchy. My son's City AVN was delivered with no documentation on the console. Still missing. Ditto for gearing information for the Brio AT (basically kph/1000 rpm in various gears). They passed it on to the dealer, who could do nothing. The GM called me up, I said it is not your baby, and presumably took it up with Corporate but to no avail. An e-mail in response did not even elicit the standard automated reply.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 17:08   #1821
Senior - BHPian

Choice of Honda dealership is like devil and deep sea , Probably dealers here have decided to stick to a lowest common denominator.
People don't belive me but I cherish the customer service experience of Tata motors at KEH and Concord compared to Dakshin and Whitefield Honda.

BTW in this particular case did the sales person even know what word sadist means ? I came across a few people who think sadist is derived from sad and use it in place of pessimist
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 17:14   #1822
Senior - BHPian

I got a call from Sales Manager of Lavelle Road few minutes back, he mentioned a Honda guy asked him to look into the issue, I told him that as a customer it is expected to share their views and for this reason alone one should not get pissed off and use words which he either does not know or even intentionally. I told him that if you get carried away Amaze alone like this how will you behave when Honda City is being launched next month, he agreed and told that they will take it seriously and look into the problem.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 10:07   #1823
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Choice of Honda dealership is like devil and deep sea , Probably dealers here have decided to stick to a lowest common denominator.
Try Hyundai and you will no longer complain. every service, injectro cleaning, this spray, thay spray, etc. I do not understand that removing and reinstalling the injectors in a Santro takes min 45 minutes. So how do they service in two hours, same as an Accent where the it takes barely 15 minutes.

In my view the standard specs include whatever is mandatory in the price! Only consumables to be added.

Last edited by sgiitk : 19th November 2013 at 10:08.
Old 19th November 2013, 12:17   #1824
Senior - BHPian

I put the ball in their court. Wrote to Honda asking which showroom I must visit to get good service, as I am considering the Amaze in Dec. Their response was super quick. Will keep the forum posted on my experience.

Quote:
I got a call from Sales Manager of Lavelle Road few minutes back, he mentioned a Honda guy asked him to look into the issue, I told him that as a customer it is expected to share their views and for this reason alone one should not get pissed off and use words which he either does not know or even intentionally. I told him that if you get carried away Amaze alone like this how will you behave when Honda City is being launched next month, he agreed and told that they will take it seriously and look into the problem.
Old 19th November 2013, 14:22   #1825
BHPian

After the launch of Honda Amaze and going through various threads about it from Review to ownership I was much impressed. Overall I have a very good image of Honda products India and abroad and being the first diesel offering from the stable this has to be good product.

Come October I dropped at the Honda Dealership just a few walks away from my house. The sales lady was very courteous and prompt to arrange a test drive and after wards share the brochure and price list.

The experience:
TD distance : 5 KMS
ODO reading : 9700 KMs

The TD vehicle was the S-MT model, So no airbags.

Exterior : One word, Superb

Interior : Although not very conventional I kind of liked it. The rotary air vents do the good work of directing the air where needed. Never expected so much of space but comes as a pleasure. No claustrophobic / cramped feel. The rear bench might be a tight fit for 3 persons & mostly suit 2 medium size adults and a kid not three adults.

Boot Space : Very nice

Handling and Breaking : Breaks are super sharp and responsive . Simple word Excellent

Gearbox: Very Nice

Engine: Now comes the part of whole experience which was not quite upto expectation.

When I started the engine there was good jerk following it settled to sooth idle. I have been driving Indica V2 ( Non turbo) for last 13 Yrs and also driven Motomavericks Manza ( Stock & with with Diesel Tronics ) but the start up & turning off jerking is almost not there.

The jerk reminded of incident I had in “96 . The vehicle was a Tata Sierra Turbo. when I turned the engine on and off there was thunderous jerk. I was shocked by the jerk that I almost shouted at the sales rep what the hell is this ghhhrrrn feeling. He was already annoyed with my bombardment of questions and rudely replied “Yaar this is turbo charged”.

Although engine is is very free revving and but the noise and vibration intruding into the cabin are quite high. At 70-80 speed it is marginally higher then My Indica V2 and definitely much more then Manza. I guess with be more then Dezire and other models employing the 1.3 Multijet. Definitely not an expectation from Honda. Power delivery is very linear and turbo lag is superbly controlled.

Wish List :

1. Goes without mentioning : A smoother engine
2. Better Noise and Vibration control
3. Better hornS
4. Some cladding on the inside boot lid. ( Bare bone boot lid inside looks disastrous, Hathi nikal gaya lekin dum fas gaya )
5. Provide space on the rear doors to place speakers. The rear speakers just at the rear passengers ear wont be very comfortable.
M.R.Boruwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 16:06   #1826
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine booked a blue petrol Amaze from Peninsular Honda (Mangalore) about three weeks ago. He was given a verbal promise of getting the car in one month. Today the sales executive gave him a call and said blue colour is not readily available, and he'll have to wait till January for the car. He even went to the extent of explaining how difficult is blue to maintain, and that only 28 blue petrol Amaze cars have been sold all over India, out of which only 3 are in Mangalore. He also said he could arrange another car quickly, but if my friend is adamant on blue, they have a blue diesel Amaze readily available.

I told my friend to wait for blue, because the sales executive is either trying to push some petrol car cancelled by someone before the end of the year, or wants to get rid of the diesel blue car. Although I haven't really given a thought, I feel I have spotted quite a few blue Amaze cars in Bangalore alone!

My friend's questions:
- Is it really so difficult to get a blue petrol Amaze?
- Since the sales executive is giving unconvincing answers, should he escalate to Honda right now?
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:16   #1827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
My friend's questions:
- Since the sales executive is giving unconvincing answers, should he escalate to Honda right now?
Well most easily available is white color. Blue+petrol will require extra time but not that much.
Try other showrooms and see what they say.
Amaze is still quite in demand so expect max 1 month as waiting period.
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:28   #1828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
....My friend's questions:
Each and every color is difficult to maintain and requires the same attention if you want it to look new. Black may require a bit more care.

I believe in Amaze, the fastest moving color is the blue - so the SA's word don't hold. He will have monthly targets to fill, so he could be trying a trick. If there is another dealer, then you could also try the "I shall cancel the car and go to another dealer" tip.

On the other hand, it could be true that the car might be delayed further if they are not manufacturing this color as of now. They keep changing the schedules for colors but a 2 month delay is suspicious.

If your friend wants ONLY blue, please ask him to stick on. You can "scare" the SA by mentioning that you will escalate to Honda; might work. Even if your friend wants to pick up any other color / variant, please get the VIN and check the cars thoroughly in broad day light.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd November 2013 at 17:30.
Old 23rd November 2013, 17:52   #1829
Senior - BHPian

Just realised that the rear defogger switch isn't backlit ! Is it same with others also ?

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image2182639773.jpg

Also attaching a pic after a 100 kms highway drive at below 2000rpms and without AC

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-image4160735114.jpg
Old 23rd November 2013, 18:25   #1830
BHPian

When the defogger is on the green light comes on . Still I'll check tomorrow and reconfirm .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks