Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2013, 14:20   #1861
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav87 View Post
Guys need some suggestions. After going back and forth between the grandi10, Ecosport and Amaze, looks like the Honda is going to be likely choice now. We already own a Dzire Zdi (2008) and it has started showing its age now, my father and I really wanted to get the Ecosport but the long waiting periods have put us off. I liked both the grand i10 and Amaze, but my father would not be willing to drive a hatchback again, so I guess that leaves the Amaze. I have a couple of questions for you experienced folk,

1.) My father thinks he would be able to get the Ecosport waiting period down to 3-4 months, is the Ecosport worth the wait or should we get the Amaze instead?

2.) Does the top end offer the best VFM? I am keen on getting the safety features so ABS and airbags are a must.

3.) Should we wait till next month to book a car for 2014 registration? Will a 'facelifted' model be available soon?

3.) My father thinks he would be able to get the Ecosport waiting period down to 3-4 months, is the Ecosport worth the wait or should we get the Amaze instead?

Thank you!
1. If you really like it, then wait for it.
2. S is more VFM than VX. ABS is standard on diesel models. On top model you get auto folding mirrors, defogger(a must if there is a lot of fog during winters where you live), airbags, alloys etc. I also went for VX due to airbags and also liked the auto folding mirrors.
3. If you'll keep car for long, then doesn't matter if you get a 2013 car. But I'll personally prefer to wait for 2014. If you book now, you'll get fast delivery as dealers would be clearing stocks(1 week waiting period nowadays)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Hello people,
I own a 2.5 months old Amaze i-DTEC. There is a strange vibration(trrrrrr) sound which comes from the passenger side of the dashboard. I am neither able to find the source of the vibration, nor the exact location. All I know is the vibration comes and goes on its own. But when it starts, it's very irritating. I tried to locate the source by putting in neutral and slowly increasing the RPM till 2500, but couldn't. The vibration doesn't seem to come when car is stationary. But when moving, I've seen it come and go within 1500-2000 RPM.
The car is due for service in 10 days and I don't know how to convince the service executive about this unless I demo it to him. Anyone else seen this problem? What was the solution if it's corrected?
Thanks
Could be A-pillar, check it!
I've had same problem in mine and got it fixed. Did you get reversing sensor/camera, it's wiring goes through the pillar which may not have been fitted properly.(this was the problem in my case).
If you feel it's from dash, try going with someone on passenger seat and have them locate the source of vibration.
You could ask the service guys to check it, they'll find the problem.

Last edited by skyfire2892 : 4th December 2013 at 14:25.
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 14:58   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Guys need some suggestions. After going back and forth between the grandi10, Ecosport and Amaze, looks like the Honda is going to be likely choice now. We already own a Dzire Zdi (2008) and it has started showing its age now, my father and I really wanted to get the Ecosport but the long waiting periods have put us off. I liked both the grand i10 and Amaze, but my father would not be willing to drive a hatchback again, so I guess that leaves the Amaze. I have a couple of questions for you experienced folk,

1.) My father thinks he would be able to get the Ecosport waiting period down to 3-4 months, is the Ecosport worth the wait or should we get the Amaze instead?

2.) Does the top end offer the best VFM? I am keen on getting the safety features so ABS and airbags are a must.

3.) Should we wait till next month to book a car for 2014 registration? Will a 'facelifted' model be available soon?

Thank you!
You haven't stated whether its the Petrol or the Diesel model you're looking at.So will give you my opinion regarding both the option.

I own a EcoSport TDCi and have booked a SAT Amaze petrol for my friend.

EcoSport is an excellent car. As i bought it prior to the first round of price hike it was a sensible and the best choice for me. VFM,slow ageing design,being a crossover,reliable TDCi engine, mileage all scored positive points for me!
The rear seats won't be as spacious as your Dzire!
Petrol too especially 1.0 EcoBoost engine performs very well!
Now even though its waiting periods will come down for 3-4 months, there is a price hike around the corner as per dealers. So make your decision accordingly.

Now Amaze, even though the diesel is good the NVH levels , the refinement levels and the interiors made me cross the Amaze from my shopping list.
But the car is well spaced and well equipped with Honda brand reliability.
As of now the Amaze VFM is much greater than that of EcoSport.
Thats the reason for my friend we went for the SAT Amaze. It made a lot of sense for him.
But please don't expect a facelift model for Amaze till 2015 atleast.

But let me conclude by saying one thing, I personally wouldn't consider going from a Dzire to Amaze as an upgrade. I would wait for the competition to arrive to EcoSport and take one of them in the initial pricing offer.
I would suggest you wait till AutoExpo in 1st week of February before you make a decision .
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 15:19   #1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
1. If you really like it, then wait for it.
2. S is more VFM than VX. ABS is standard on diesel models. On top model you get auto folding mirrors, defogger(a must if there is a lot of fog during winters where you live), airbags, alloys etc. I also went for VX due to airbags and also liked the auto folding mirrors.
3. If you'll keep car for long, then doesn't matter if you get a 2013 car. But I'll personally prefer to wait for 2014. If you book now, you'll get fast delivery as dealers would be clearing stocks(1 week waiting period nowadays)
Thank you, looks like VX will be the best option for us then. Will prices go up next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
You haven't stated whether its the Petrol or the Diesel model you're looking at.So will give you my opinion regarding both the option.

I own a EcoSport TDCi and have booked a SAT Amaze petrol for my friend.

EcoSport is an excellent car. As i bought it prior to the first round of price hike it was a sensible and the best choice for me. VFM,slow ageing design,being a crossover,reliable TDCi engine, mileage all scored positive points for me!
The rear seats won't be as spacious as your Dzire!
Petrol too especially 1.0 EcoBoost engine performs very well!
Now even though its waiting periods will come down for 3-4 months, there is a price hike around the corner as per dealers. So make your decision accordingly.

Now Amaze, even though the diesel is good the NVH levels , the refinement levels and the interiors made me cross the Amaze from my shopping list.
But the car is well spaced and well equipped with Honda brand reliability.
As of now the Amaze VFM is much greater than that of EcoSport.
Thats the reason for my friend we went for the SAT Amaze. It made a lot of sense for him.
But please don't expect a facelift model for Amaze till 2015 atleast.

But let me conclude by saying one thing, I personally wouldn't consider going from a Dzire to Amaze as an upgrade. I would wait for the competition to arrive to EcoSport and take one of them in the initial pricing offer.
I would suggest you wait till AutoExpo in 1st week of February before you make a decision .
Oops, yeah forgot to mention that we are looking to get another diesel car.

We won't be selling the dzire, father will be driving the new car and I guess I'll get to take the dzire for work. Not looking for an upgrade, just a good second car.

Yet another price hike for the Ecosport? The top end was already barely affordable for us, I am not sure if it would be worth the wait with the price hike then. Such a pity though, I really love that car!

I wanted to wait till March-April to have a look at next year's cars like the new i20, Jazz, SX4 revisions and maybe even hear some mumblings about the XA Alpha but I guess my parents are in a hurry and feel that this is a 'good' time to buy, so I'm not sure I'll be able to make them hold out until then. Thank you for your suggestions.
sarav87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 15:54   #1864
BHPian

Quote:

Oops, yeah forgot to mention that we are looking to get another diesel car.

I wanted to wait till March-April to have a look at next year's cars like the new i20, Jazz, SX4 revisions and maybe even hear some mumblings about the XA Alpha but I guess my parents are in a hurry and feel that this is a 'good' time to buy, so I'm not sure I'll be able to make them hold out until then. Thank you for your suggestions.
I personally would would stay away and not buy the diesel version and also would give the same opinion.
It is just not upto the quality of cars that Honda makes. (but petrol except interiors ).
They've improved and sorted out the problems to a great extend in the new City but not the Amaze!

If you wait you may even can look at the new Logan.
Even with the Dci engine it would be a beautiful competition to the Amaze.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-renaultloganargentina.jpg  

Last edited by johannskaria : 4th December 2013 at 16:00.
Old 4th December 2013, 17:11   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
Thank you Top-Gear. From your last statement, I assume you have a Amaze too. I will continue with the petrol booking. The last I heard is that they do not have Blue colour petrol available in the factory too and so he has said the delivery will happen in Jan 2014 only - the long wait starts... I am keeping my fingers crossed that there is no significant price increase in Jan.
Yes - I am a very happy Amaze owner . In a recent drive-and-meet, I enjoyed cruising on the expressway and revving the i-VTEC. The 1.2 L i-VTEC is a super quiet and refined engine and of course, a tried and tested engine. The handling was also quite good and I always felt in control, even at higher speeds. Let me add here that I upgraded to Michelin XM2s (exchanged the new stock MRFs).

As a driver I only wish they had given more torque in the lower gears. I feel the lack of grunt when for instance I am pulling in 2nd gear after tackling a speed breaker.
Old 4th December 2013, 19:21   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post

Which dealership in Mumbai?

Johannskaria, I have booked through Arya Honda in Bhandup. Had gone to the Prabhadevi branch but since this was closer home, went with them.
Old 4th December 2013, 23:03   #1867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Hello people, I own a 2.5 months old Amaze i-DTEC. There is a strange vibration(trrrrrr) sound which comes from the passenger side of the dashboard. I am neither able to find the source of the vibration, nor the exact location. All I know is the vibration comes and goes on its own. But when it starts, it's very irritating. I tried to locate the source by putting in neutral and slowly increasing the RPM till 2500, but couldn't. The vibration doesn't seem to come when car is stationary. But when moving, I've seen it come and go within 1500-2000 RPM. The car is due for service in 10 days and I don't know how to convince the service executive about this unless I demo it to him. Anyone else seen this problem? What was the solution if it's corrected? Thanks
The A pillars do vibrate at certain rpms. Check if the plastic cladding on the A pillars are loose. I am assuming you have ensured that there isn't anything inside the glovebox that's the source of this sound.

My car had both the A pillars vibrating along with the AC vents ! Dakshin couldn't do much , but Penninsular Honda in Mangalore were able to sort it out.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 00:44   #1868
BHPian

Today when I called Linkway Honda they informed me that the delivery periods have come down drastically. Infact they have some variants ready in their stockyard, especially some automatics!

It seems on a general trend the delivery periods of Manuals in Bombay have come down drastically, even giving ready deliveries (Apex Honda & Linkway Honda confirmed and if i'm not wrong even Arya Honda has stock).

But the automatics have different story altogether. At Apex the waiting period is almost 4 months and at Linkway they are just begging customers to drive off the vehicles after payments of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilbuster View Post
Johannskaria, I have booked through Arya Honda in Bhandup. Had gone to the Prabhadevi branch but since this was closer home, went with them.
Thank You for the information.
Wish you a speedy delivery
Old 5th December 2013, 05:23   #1869
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
1) fog lamps cost 13k; is it worth? If stock headlight is acceptable, then this may be installed later.

2) Honda dealer at Coimbatore refused to do a horn upgrade. Is there any way to install more loud sounding ones without tampering the wires/warranty?
1) you can consider after market hella fog lamps which will fit in the space and do a wiring that completely bypasses the factory wiring. this way you will not be altering factory wiring in anyway for them to make a fuss about electrical warranty.

2) There is a Roots vibrasonic mini that can be simple replacement to your existing horn. It doesn't required any wiring alterations and can work of your existing oem cut out. I have this on my Ritz VDI without any wiring alterations or added cutouts. Just remove the old horn and installed the Vibrasonic mini with the OEM wiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
4x4addict, Did you do any high speed runs yet (> 90KMPH)? How is the stability? One of my friends who drove his friend's Amaze petrol said car seemed unstable at speeds over 90kmph -
Since the car was new, I kept within 100 and have not had a chance to go anyplace where I can open it up. It is the base E-variant and doesn't have ABS so, I probably wouldn't be too comfortable pushing it beyond 120. One thing I will say though is that the petrol amaze is not a performance oriented car. On higways, I find it underpowered for brisk overtaking maneuvers. Maybe it is because I am used to more powerful cars. Cars like Amaze, Etios etc are made to price, so I guess you don't get the solid car feel you would get on the next level of cars.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 10:36   #1870
BHPian

Thank you 4x4addict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
My car had both the A pillars vibrating along with the AC vents ! Dakshin couldn't do much , but Penninsular Honda in Mangalore were able to sort it out.
I found the same vibrations in the petrol Amaze that I had test driven. In city conditions, the noise was not obvious but on the NICE road, I did notice it. The sales guy attributed it to road noise!! Probably Magnum Honda too does not know how to fix it!

In today's paper, I saw that Honda has announced that there will be a price hike in Jan across its entire range. The quantum however is not mentioned. Hoping that it is not too high as I am currently expecting mine only in Jan.

Last edited by hsejars : 5th December 2013 at 10:39.
Old 7th December 2013, 14:41   #1871
BHPian

Just took the delivery of Honda Amaze EX MT Petrol. Awesome customer service. Visited the Sundaram Honda only once for the entire process. In adn out in 30mins. Vehicle was ready with decorations. Got a pic with the big key and they made us cut a cake too!! Super experience.

PS: Had cancelled the Amaze booking in July to book Ecosport. Cancelled Ecosport in November to book Amaze. The awesome service was the only reason to call back Honda
Old 7th December 2013, 18:58   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navkant View Post
Just took the delivery of Honda Amaze EX MT Petrol. Awesome customer service. Visited the Sundaram Honda only once for the entire process. In adn out in 30mins. Vehicle was ready with decorations. Got a pic with the big key and they made us cut a cake too!! Super experience.

PS: Had cancelled the Amaze booking in July to book Ecosport. Cancelled Ecosport in November to book Amaze. The awesome service was the only reason to call back Honda
Congrats. Which color?
I'll advice you to get the orvms painted as body color.
Old 7th December 2013, 19:03   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Congrats. Which color?
I'll advice you to get the orvms painted as body color.
The blue one. I think EX MT has body color OVRM. Either that or I dint notice it to be odd :P
Old 7th December 2013, 19:31   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navkant View Post

Congrats on your Amaze...
Can you elaborate on your reasons for cancelling Eco-sport and booking Amaze?
Old 8th December 2013, 08:46   #1875
BHPian

Speed limit of Amaze

Name:  ForumRunner_20131208_084545.png
Views: 3240
Size:  240.4 KB
skyfire2892 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks